Chaos King Vs The Source

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/CK_zps4ca8ddb9.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/sou_zpsd0d07d84.jpg

curryman
Uhm....The Source, obviously?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by curryman
Uhm....The Source, obviously? based on feats? Zeus and Ares penetrated the source.

No one penetrated chaos king

Cogito
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
based on feats? Zeus and Ares penetrated the source.
It was more than just those two, but anyways all they did was penetrate the Source Wall, which btw involved several skyfathers sacrificing themselves. And while penetrating the wall is impressive, jumping from penetrating the wall to any crossover power conclusion is...stupid.

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
No one penetrated chaos king
Get your mind out of the gutter

operator616
the source was incapacitated by the three most powerful skyfathers in DC. But we don't know how powerful the skyfathers are.

bbrem123
CK eats The Source

guy222
amatsu

Glorificus
Chaos King.

pym-ftw
Source
erm

guy222
dont see how source wins

ODG
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Source
erm Er... based on the pictures, this is Death of the New Gods Source. Easily the worst depiction of the Source ever. As referenced above, it was split apart by three skyfathers and generally was matched by the combined might of the New Gods pantheon.

The depicted Chaos King had absorbed 98% or more of the 616 universe (if you disregard the term "multiverse" used) and absorbed all of its pantheons save for a handful of gods from Earth.

So I think guy222's got it right.

guy222
cool

Golgo13
What is the best depiction of Source?

operator616
from what i recall in the last issue of death of the new gods, the source's battle with an amped darkseid was destroying reality.
it's a pretty good feat

abhilegend
Source wins. A skyfather was matching CK just fine.

curryman
Originally posted by abhilegend
Source wins. A skyfather was matching CK just fine.

CK was obviously above any skyfather...

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by abhilegend
Source wins. A skyfather was matching CK just fine. who? Supergod hercules? Hercules was a multiverse level being. And he still was getting rolf stomped

abhilegend
Originally posted by curryman
CK was obviously above any skyfather...
Of course.

TheTyrant
Chaos King.

Golgo13
DS had the Soulfire when he entrapped Source at the time.

Cogito
Originally posted by ODG
was matched by the combined might of the New Gods pantheon.

Not quite.

Each dead New God increased Darkseid's power 10x. There were hundreds of thousands of New Gods. It's not merely the sum of New God power, it's exponentially more powerful on an inconceivable level.

ODG
Originally posted by Cogito
Not quite.

Each dead New God increased Darkseid's power 10x. There were hundreds of thousands of New Gods. It's not merely the sum of New God power, it's exponentially more powerful on an inconceivable level. I'm perfectly aware of that.

But that concept of the the sum being greater than the parts isn't anything new.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by ODG
But that concept of the the sum being greater than the parts isn't anything new.
I presume he's saying that since it's a geometrical progression rather than just the sequential stacking up of power, therefore it's different from the traditional "sum>parts" trope played out in fiction.

ODG
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
I presume he's saying that since it's a geometrical progression rather than just the sequential stacking up of power, therefore it's different from the traditional "sum>parts" trope played out in fiction. My use of the term, "greater than the sum of the parts," wasn't incidental. But from the comic itself. And typically, the "greater than the sum of the parts" trope in fiction is geometric. DBZ fusion, Uni-Mind, etc.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by ODG
My use of the term, "greater than the sum of the parts," wasn't incidental. But from the comic itself. And typically, the "greater than the sum of the parts" trope in fiction is geometric. DBZ fusion, Uni-Mind, etc.
Do such types of combinations apply to the pantheons of universe-616?

Because it was specified in the case of the New Gods in that issue. I don't know about Uni-Mind, but for DBZ, Toriyama mentioned in an interview somewhere that it wasn't just simple addition of power, but more like their power-levels getting multiplied with each other, so we have confirmation for that as well.

ODG
^ It may or may not apply, but think about this: the combined pantheons that Chaos King absorbed (that weren't released and fighting as minions) was enough to beat Supergod Herc silly. And Supergod Herc while decimated was still powerful enough to completely restore over 98% of the 616 universe (if you ignore the term multiverse throughout).

So imagine how powerful Supergod Herc was at his peak and not near-death.

Then remember Chaos King was still handily way above that.

TheGodKiller
The Chaos King was also an Abstract entity portrayed as the equal of Eternity in that arc, so it's not clear how much of that juice was his own personal power and the pantheons' absorbed power. Or was it stated that everything he did was due to the gods power he absorbed?

ODG
^ Chaos King was Mikaboshi. A Japanese god who was an aspect of Oblivion. He eventually elevated himself to his Chaos King, Eternity-threatening levels by absorbing other gods. To my knowledge, there was never a scene of him doing anything but absorbing other gods for their power.

He certainly never received a plot device amp by awakening some long dormant power source or anything like that.

TheGodKiller
From what I recall, Eternity was summoned to help them against Mikaboshi before he absorbed all the gods. I'll re-read to be sure though.

operator616
im not understanding something, it was stated on panel that chaos king was the darkness/void before creation, yet he was also a japanese god? what am i missing here?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by operator616
im not understanding something, it was stated on panel that chaos king was the darkness/void before creation, yet he was also a japanese god? what am i missing here? the japanese god "mikaboshi" is the void before creation in there mythology.

They found mikaboshi and imprisoned him, he isnt really a "japanese god"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.