Where do you put your keywords for SEO? Tags?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mileysmith326
Absolutely, positively, no doubt here. FIRST identify your keyword and then write your blog post, new product page, etc. Keyword drive the SEO process, so you MUST know the keywords that customers use, and MOST IMPORTANTLY place those keywords in the TITLE tag of the post.

That said, I keep a running mental or list on paper of the target keywords and refer to them frequently. As I write content, I put those SEO keywords in and place them in logical sentence positions. The goal is to get the keywords in a) the proper tag positions (e.g., TITLE, META DESCRIPTION, H1, A HREF, and IMAGE alt tags, and b) write good SEO-friendly keyword density (subject, verb, predicate... ) as Google clearly prefers 'natural syntax' but 'natural syntax' that is pretty heavy in terms of keywords (5-10% density).

So, FIRST keywords and THEN content. That is actually the REVERSE of how most people create web content.

stevenmatthew

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.