(Blue Exorcist)Rin Okumura VS Nero (Devil May Cry 4)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EmptyHearted
http://i42.tinypic.com/fbdhe0.jpg

VS

http://i43.tinypic.com/5u394z.jpg

Rin Okumura from Blue Exorcist VS Nero from Devil May Cry 4

whom take it?

danteiscool
Nero. definitely Nero. as cool as I find Rin, he so far has yet to show strength or speed great enough to overwhelm Nero and Nero also has the advantage of being a better/skilled fighter in addition to his gun and sword. Rin only has his sword and his flames, which really won't do too much.

BloodRain
Posting just to show love for Blue Exorcist, even if its a stomp.

Rin's strength is weaker not greatly far off Nero's human side, who also takes durability. Regen is at or above DT-Nero and while the blue flames may not burn him, Rin can still fire off low-building level damage with them.

Speed equalizes (dodged a bullet?) and with Nero unable to use Yamato or his Devil Bringer, this would be more of a fair fight.

danteiscool
yeah. on the bright side, Rin at least has considerable potential to get stronger considering his 'brothers' from his verse such as Amaimon and Mephisto, though given how slowly the series updates, it'll be a long while before he gets anywhere near that level.

BloodRain
Only saw the anime which ends about the same time he first starts learning how to control his flames. Does the manga go further in to his abilities and growth?

danteiscool
well, the manga is only at chapter 46 or so due to the author's updating schedule and right now, it's pretty lax for the characters who are just dealing with their own things until the next big arc. that said, I do recall at one point it being said that Rin's powers are a lot like Satan's himself, who is naturally the strongest demon in the series. it indirectly states that he will one day be able to possibly achieve the same level of power as him and given how casually Mephisto does all of the things he does in the manga thus far (like transforming, making his own little pocket dimension, though I could be wrong on this part, amongst other things like casually holding Rin in his berserker state) that is saying a lot.

BloodRain
Well looking forward to a power increase for Rin and co, series perked my interest at the beginning.

danteiscool
same here. Rin shows potential and so do the other characters since demons in human forms are naturally weaker than in their true forms. which begs the question of how strong guys like Amaimon and Mephisto are in their true forms...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.