Perseus vs Achilles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Fat Rambo
Perseus (Clash of the Titans remake) vs Achilles from Troy. One on one battle. Both are in full armor as they were in their movies.

Scenario 1: Perseus has the sword Zeus gave him and the scorpion shield. In this scenario, Achilles has his sword, shield and spear and is wearing his helmet.

Scenario 2: Perseus has a regular sword and his scorpion shield. In this scenario, Achilles has only his sword and shield, no spear or helmet.

Fight takes place where Hector and Achilles fought.

FrothByte
Well Achilles outclasses Perseus in skill and speed. Remind me again what's special about that sword and scorpion shield of Perseus? Does it give him some extra abilities? Otherwise Perseus gets killed.

The Fat Rambo
The sword enabled Perseus to go toe to toe with a much stromger opponent. The shield? Much lighter and stronger than an average shield.

And don't forget that Perseus's feats far outweigh those of Achilles.

quanchi112
Achilles wins.

The Fat Rambo
Nah, Perseus wins.

The Fat Rambo
Because his feats, as I said, >>>>>>Achilles feats.

Lord Lucien
Why did you bother making the thread if you're already so sure one side is going to win? Don't be Quanchi.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Fat Rambo
Nah, Perseus wins. Achilles destroys him. Perseus clearly loses.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Why did you bother making the thread if you're already so sure one side is going to win? Don't be Quanchi. Everyone has done it mr. I hate the Hobbit.

juggerman
Because his feats, as I said, >>>>>>Achilles feats.

But his fighting skill is inferior which gives Achilles the dub

The Fat Rambo
Originally posted by juggerman
But his fighting skill is inferior which gives Achilles the dub Yeah that's BS. Perseus was taking on demons and big ass scorpions. Feats are what matter here..

Again, Perseus's feats >>>>>>>>>>>>>Achilles feats.

juggerman
Yeah that's BS. Perseus was taking on demons and big ass scorpions. Feats are what matter here..

Again, Perseus's feats >>>>>>>>>>>>>Achilles feats.

In one on one fights he was not very impressive. If this were a monster killing contest i'd agree

The Fat Rambo
Actually he was at his best when facing one on one.

juggerman
Actually he was at his best when facing one on one.

Not Achilles good tho

Mindset
Actually he was at his best when facing one on one. Actually, nope.

Robtard
Achilles better go for a first-shot-kill move, otherwise Perseus is shattering Achilles' sword, shield and armor with ease.

The Fat Rambo
Originally posted by Mindset
Actually, nope. Uh, yeah. Remember when Perseus was fighting Calibos/Acrisius the second time, outside Medusa's lair? Perseus was every bit as agile/fast as Achilles was, even moreso.

CJBoHk_Ld1g

Ascendancy
Perseus is very agile and quick, but his actual fighting skills are not in any way on par with Achilles. Even with his specialty weapons, he dies.

The Fat Rambo
No. Said agility and quickness, along with a much lighter shield, allows Perseus to avoid any and all Achilles attacks and cut him to pieces.

The Fat Rambo
OuCHgqZhfBU

Time Immemorial
Look at this gem.

Achilles wins

Robtard
Only if he gets first-hit-kill. Otherwise Perseus is shattering him.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Only if he gets first-hit-kill. Otherwise Perseus is shattering him.

Shattering him?

Robtard
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Shattering him?
Via super-strength and magical sword

Time Immemorial
Via super-strength and magical sword

Achilles has super strength and his sword cut through a stone statue.

KingD19
Not to the extent of Perseus who is a Demi-God and fought Ares as well as taking on monsters and other superhuman beings.

RJ 2.0
Uh, yeah. Remember when Perseus was fighting Calibos/Acrisius the second time, outside Medusa's lair? Perseus was every bit as agile/fast as Achilles was, even moreso.

CJBoHk_Ld1g

Robtard
Achilles has super strength and his sword cut through a stone statue.

Not even close to Perseus.

Durability, no comparison either. Perseus' head breaks marble; he's alright. Achilles gets hit with an arrow in the ankle, he'd all but done for.

RJ 2.0
Not even close to Perseus.

Durability, no comparison either. Perseus' head breaks marble; he's alright. Achilles gets hit with an arrow in the ankle, he'd all but done for. Lol Achilles screamed like a girl when he got shot in the ankle.

Time Immemorial
Perseus screamed like a girl when he got stung in the arm.

KingD19
Wasn't that some kind of super poison from a gigantic scorpion or something? He also took a beating from the God of War like a man.

RJ 2.0
Lol.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by KingD19
Wasn't that some kind of super poison from a gigantic scorpion or something? He also took a beating from the God of War like a man.

He's still a squeeler. laughing

RJ 2.0
And a superior man, in every way.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
And a superior man, in every way.

Without his god weapons he can't beat achilles swordsmanship.

RJ 2.0
Without his god weapons he can't beat achilles swordsmanship. Lol yes, he can. The man defeated superior opponents in COTT.

Time Immemorial
Lol yes, he can. The man defeated superior opponents in COTT.

Yes but he had god weapons. If you can show me any swordsmanship above Achilles I would agree with you.

KingD19
The strength Perseus has shown means even a blocked hit from Achilles would probably do damage.

Time Immemorial
Achilles speed an agility is far above Perseus though. In the first fight his god weapons would prolly give him the win, but without that how is he going to keep up with Achilles speed? The dude ran up a sand berm at full speed fighting people all the way up to the top of the peak. Its a legit feat. If you have ever run in sand you know its hard, try running up a sand dune, with armor and a sword and shield while fighting the whole way up. This feat needs to be looked at more as far as stamina, strength and speed. Its a insane feat of condition and skill.

KingD19
A feat Perseus as a demi-god with higher physical stats could pull off. He was flipping off walls in fights and falling right back into combat. And he does stuff like that all through both movies.

And comparing both fighters, Achilles' speed/agility isn't that much better if at all. Perseus after all has done more ridiculous sh*t than Achilles since pretty much the only things he fights are supernatural beings far above the normal humans Achilles fought.

Time Immemorial
True but they both were demi gods. He has insane feats but who has he gone up against without god weapons at Achilles level? I can't think of one person.

The movies were different and a lot of the stuff he did he had major help with.

Look back on all of Perseus feats, he was aided big time in all of them.

He has uber durability but can he not be cut by a sword in a forum fight? Seems unfair to think so.

KingD19
Was Achilles ever stated to be a true demi-god or have his powers in the film? I thought they made it so he was just so badass people believed him to be one. And the one time he got hit was in his heel. And normal weapons would have broken against most of the super people he fought, so bringing up the Godly Weapons makes no sense.

And yes he got help, against fricking monsters and Gods and everything so far beyond what Achilles could handle.

Just from his fight with that King who got struck by lightning and turned into a monster shows he's pretty much faster than Achilles and damned skilled to boot.

Time Immemorial
Was Achilles ever stated to be a true demi-god or have his powers in the film? I thought they made it so he was just so badass people believed him to be one. And the one time he got hit was in his heel. And normal weapons would have broken against most of the super people he fought, so bringing up the Godly Weapons makes no sense.

And yes he got help, against fricking monsters and Gods and everything so far beyond what Achilles could handle.

Just from his fight with that King who got struck by lightning and turned into a monster shows he's pretty much faster than Achilles and damned skilled to boot.

It was stated he was the son of an immortal goddess. Which makes him a demi-god. There is nothing to suggest achilles had any other weakness besides women and his heel.

KingD19
Was this proven true though? He talks to his actual mother Thetis before going to war. It's easy to say, but we never see anything so we never know. We see Zeus, Poseidon, Ares, Hades, etc... through the movies so we know Perseus is actually a demi-god. Achilles is just better than normal people.

And the whole legend of Achilles seemed to spawn from the men finding him dying of a single arrow wound to the heel because he removed all the other arrows.

Robtard
The mythical aspects of the story in Troy were left vague and there was nothing that outright told us Achilles' mother was an actual goddess and that he was invulnerable except for one angle/foot.

Time Immemorial
Was this proven true though? He talks to his actual mother Thetis before going to war. It's easy to say, but we never see anything so we never know. We see Zeus, Poseidon, Ares, Hades, etc... through the movies so we know Perseus is actually a demi-god. Achilles is just better than normal people.

And the whole legend of Achilles seemed to spawn from the men finding him dying of a single arrow wound to the heel because he removed all the other arrows.

It was actually stated that his mother was an immortal goddess, Achilles stated himself that he saw the gods. He had a legend of being the earth greatest warrior.

KingD19
He said so, but as Rob said. Everything mythical was left pretty vague. His mom was just right there talking to him. Aside from a prophecy, we don't see much godliness from her. And Achilles can say whatever he wants. Did we see him see the Gods? Nothing was ever proven is what I'm saying.

And his legend of being the greatest warrior was probably true, but that just made him a badass, not a demi-god. Even toward the end the legend of his heel was shown to have started because up till then he never got touched, and when they finally found him he only had the one arrow in his heel(because he'd yanked all the other ones out)

Time Immemorial
He said so, but as Rob said. Everything mythical was left pretty vague. His mom was just right there talking to him. Aside from a prophecy, we don't see much godliness from her. And Achilles can say whatever he wants. Did we see him see the Gods? Nothing was ever proven is what I'm saying.

And his legend of being the greatest warrior was probably true, but that just made him a badass, not a demi-god. Even toward the end the legend of his heel was shown to have started because up till then he never got touched, and when they finally found him he only had the one arrow in his heel(because he'd yanked all the other ones out)

He didn't state about his mother, someone else stated about his mother Thetis being an immortal goddess. Lets not play ignorant here now.

Robtard
I don't recall Achilles' demi-god status being mentioned, but it's irrelevant. Perseus beats Achilles' ass due to better feats and fighting ridiculously more powerful opponents, not "Perseus is a half god" alone.

KingD19
Me either. He was never actually stated to be one as far as I remember. But your second statement is also true. Persues fights monsters, more monster, men turned into monsters, actual gods, and has feats of superhuman strength and durability through both movies. Didn't he hold up that massive wall/block in the maze?

Time Immemorial
I don't recall Achilles' demi-god status being mentioned, but it's irrelevant. Perseus beats Achilles' ass due to better feats and fighting ridiculously more powerful opponents, not "Perseus is a half god" alone.

It wasn't directly stated, but we all know what being the son of a god or goddess means here. I pretty sure the writers were hoping people would not be ignorant regardless if they had not read the Illiad.

Robtard
It wasn't directly stated, but we all know what being the son of a god or goddess means here. I pretty sure the writers were hoping people would not be ignorant regardless if they had not read the Illiad.

Troy took the mythical aspects out and gave us more of a grounded in reality story. In the Iliad, Zeus and Hermes make appearances to the protagonist, but in this film that was completely left out.

Time Immemorial
Troy took the mythical aspects out and gave us more of a grounded in reality story. In the Iliad, Zeus and Hermes make appearances to the protagonist, but in this film that was completely left out.

At least you read it, I'm impressed, RJ and Quan should read it to each other night every night before bed.

RJ 2.0
Yes but he had god weapons. If you can show me any swordsmanship above Achilles I would agree with you. The Scorpions, dude.

relentless1
Achilles. Wayy better fighter, decent fight in the first round but Achilles stomps in the second. Achilles' fighting skills alone are so crisp that they would negate any advantage that godly weapons might afford Perseus

KingD19
The weapons don't provide any advantage aside from being more durable iirc.

And Achilles would have died fighting the opponents Perseus faced.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by relentless1
Achilles. Wayy better fighter, decent fight in the first round but Achilles stomps in the second. Achilles' fighting skills alone are so crisp that they would negate any advantage that godly weapons might afford Perseus

Agreed

The weapons don't provide any advantage aside from being more durable iirc.

And Achilles would have died fighting the opponents Perseus faced.

Not entirely correct, Achilles in focus could not be touched. He had like a combat sense that rivaled anyone. Achilles could have performed the same feats with his powerset.

KingD19
Achilles only fought humans though. We can't assume he'd perform the exact same against superhuman opponents and monsters. And he could have have performed the same feats as several of Persesus' feats were due to his superhuman strength and durability.

Time Immemorial
Achilles only fought humans though. We can't assume he'd perform the exact same against superhuman opponents and monsters. And he could have have performed the same feats as several of Persesus' feats were due to his superhuman strength and durability.

What superhuman strength feats does he have?

RJ 2.0
A feat Perseus as a demi-god with higher physical stats could pull off. He was flipping off walls in fights and falling right back into combat. And he does stuff like that all through both movies.

And comparing both fighters, Achilles' speed/agility isn't that much better if at all. Perseus after all has done more ridiculous sh*t than Achilles since pretty much the only things he fights are supernatural beings far above the normal humans Achilles fought. Well said.

KingD19
What superhuman strength feats does he have?

Fighting the crazy king required superhuman strength and at one point he sent him flying.

Fighting Ares also required superhuman strength.

At one point he held up a massive falling ceiling during a dungeon puzzle.

He manhandled monsters at one point.

I'd have to rewatch both movies again to give you more than that, but it shouldn't be necessary. Perseus clearly has a measure of superhuman strength. Although his durability seems to be above it a bit.

RJ 2.0
Fighting the crazy king required superhuman strength and at one point he sent him flying.

Fighting Ares also required superhuman strength.

At one point he held up a massive falling ceiling during a dungeon puzzle.

He manhandled monsters at one point.

I'd have to rewatch both movies again to give you more than that, but it shouldn't be necessary. Perseus clearly has a measure of superhuman strength. Although his durability seems to be above it a bit. Not to mention he was swallowed by a Scorpioch and burst out of it's gullet unharmed. This displays durability Achilles can only dream of. This is the durability Robtard thinks Mcclane has.

Time Immemorial
This is the durability Robtard thinks Mcclane has.

laughing laughing

Robtard
Not to mention he was swallowed by a Scorpioch and burst out of it's gullet unharmed. This displays durability Achilles can only dream of. This is the durability Robtard thinks Mcclane has.

Thinks? No, lad. Knows.

RJ 2.0
Thinks.

juggerman
Achilles

Robtard
Thinks.

Uranium fire-explosion > scorpion guts

But let us not make this thread about McClane aka The MVF Reigning Champ.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by juggerman
Achilles

V3y3QoFnqZc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.