can any herald defeat....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yaadaveyaa
dr manhattan ... 1 on 1

manhattan is bloodlusted and takes on every herald 1 by 1 can any one in the herald class beat him 1 on 1

yaadaveyaa
oh and so this doesnt get extremely easy no bfr he cant just transport them to mars ftw

Newjak
Surfer, Thor easily better feats

I'm sure there exists a scan showing Superman able to effect someone like DM.

yaadaveyaa
yea i was having this argument today and i think thor is easily dismantled idk about surfer with his manip powers they do show better feats but if u get a blood lusted DM hes horrifying

surfer, thor, GL, Captain Atom, SNG, etc. all the high heralds with exotic powers and matter/energy manipulation have better feats.

the high end bruisers would be at a disadvantage, but high end speedsters like the falshes might also pull it off via speedsteal

Oliver North
What about top herald magic users? Classic Strange for instance?

byrdgang21
Sersi

Originally posted by Oliver North
What about top herald magic users? Classic Strange for instance? yeah, they win too.

pym-ftw
Quasar

JakeTheBank
Superman
Silver Surfer
Thor
Green Lantern
Captain Atom
Quasar
Dr. Strange
Etc.

operator616
Manhattan doesn't have the feats to put him on herald level in the first place.

yaadaveyaa
thank u for the info folks i was just unfamiliar with him and needed some input i wasnt sure

TheGodKiller
Most high heralds can.

Hell, most high-level psionics and/or matter manipulators can do so as well.

Emi~Kiro
DCnU captain Atom can put him in his place.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Most high heralds can.

Hell, most high-level psionics and/or matter manipulators can do so as well.

correct me if im wrong but doesnt DM have a super super high amoutn of matter manip

Colossus-Big C
What about Black Adam

JakeTheBank
No real evidence how Manhattan would deal with magic.

Or fists to the face.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
correct me if im wrong but doesnt DM have a super super high amoutn of matter manip
He hasn't demonstrated any feats with his telekinesis or matter manip that couldn't be countered by a versatile mid-herald, let alone a versatile high herald.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Black Adam
Would get one-shotted.

the Darkone
Superman
Silver Surfer
Thor
Green Lantern
Sinestro
Alan Scott
Captain Atom
Quasar
Dr. Strange
Malestrom
Sersi
Orion
Mister M
Exodus
Meggan
Firestorm
Dr Fate
The Doctor
Photon

Branlor Swift
Didn't Manhattan supposedly create universes?

Besides that, he literally has nothing

TheGodKiller
He intended to create life in other galaxies after departing from Earth. Was never shown on-panel though, since he was never seen again.

Even with that, he literally has nothing.

Colossus-Big C
High Evolutionary

the Darkone
High Evolutionary

HE is not Herald level, noob!

yaadaveyaa
yea i guess i was basing to much off the movie not really in the comic thats a mistake

Colossus-Big C
He could devolve just about anyone galactus level and below

yaadaveyaa
thats what i had thought he could just rearrange your molecules and even his own he'd b owen on steroids but i guess he has no comic feats to back that up

TheGodKiller
He could devolve just about anyone galactus level
laughing

the Darkone
He could devolve just about anyone galactus level and below

This is Herald only man, HE is high trans

Colossus-Big C
laughing whats funny? He Did devolve Galactus

kgkg
whats funny? He Did devolve galactus laughing out loud

Tony Stark
Originally posted by the Darkone
Superman
Silver Surfer
Thor
Green Lantern
Sinestro
Alan Scott
Captain Atom
Quasar
Dr. Strange
Malestrom
Sersi
Orion
Mister M
Exodus
Meggan
Firestorm
Dr Fate
The Doctor
Photon

You forgot Bob

Branlor Swift
whats funny? He Did devolve Galactus He evolved Galactus into a brain, and then energy so he'd never have to feed again.

He didn't devolve Galactus, and it was with tech that wasn't part of him.

Also, saying he could devolve anyone Galactus level and below doesn't bode well for him being under herald level.

TheGodKiller
whats funny? He Did devolve Galactus
laughing

Originally posted by operator616
Manhattan doesn't have the feats to put him on herald level in the first place. I'd say he was safely in the herald bracket

Naija boy
Manhattan is probably a mid herald leveler at best. The nature of his powers means he can definitely take some heralds within the overall herald tier but against the top guys like Surfer, Superman, Thor etc. he is definitely losing

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by Naija boy
Manhattan is probably a mid herald leveler at best. The nature of his powers means he can definitely take some heralds within the overall herald tier but against the top guys like Surfer, Superman, Thor etc. he is definitely losing

i agree with surfer but how would supes and thor be able to battle his manipulation abilities they'd be a cheese sandwich in the blink of an eye just curious

the Darkone
Thor
Silver Surfer would more of threat to Dr Manhattan rather than Superman, due to the fact the feats of Thor and Silver Surfer eclipse Manhattan

yes despite not having any showings against herald bruisers he did reform from desintegration so punches probably wouldn't do much unless we're talking plot device reality breaking punches

JakeTheBank
i agree with surfer but how would supes and thor be able to battle his manipulation abilities they'd be a cheese sandwich in the blink of an eye just curious

Who did he matter manipulate that's as tough or as resistant to matter manipulation as either of them?

Thor could just absorb him with Mjolnir.

Superman could likely disperse his being with heat vision or freeze him completely with super breath. Or possibly just punch his face off.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Who did he matter manipulate that's as tough or as resistant to matter manipulation as either of them?

Thor could just absorb him with Mjolnir.

Superman could likely disperse his being with heat vision or freeze him completely with super breath. Or possibly just punch his face off. I agree he has nothing showing he could desintegrate thor or SM, but he could reform from desintegration and teleport, so heat vision, cb and punches probably wouldnt work for a definitive victory

yaadaveyaa
yea his abilities are just perfect against a bruiser like thor i dont think he could win but i cant really argue with feats he has like none i was basing a lot off the movie and very little off comics it self

yaadaveyaa
one thing was just brought to my attention... he is clairvoyant he is able to see what thor and supes and them are going to do before they do it... how does that work for the battles?

I havent wathced that before watchmen crap, but going by the graphic novel, his universe was deterministic and he could not alter anything he saw in the future (actually he experienced all points of his own timeline at the same time), so he'd simply know beforehand whether he'd win or lose. it would not change the outcome of the battle

JakeTheBank
yea his abilities are just perfect against a bruiser like thor i dont think he could win but i cant really argue with feats he has like none i was basing a lot off the movie and very little off comics it self

Silver Surfer can do pretty much everything Manhattan can and his power set is by no means "perfect" against Thor. In all reality, Mjolnir is a huge detriment to Manhattan, whose lack of feats isn't going to help him any.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by 753
I agree he has nothing showing he could desintegrate thor or SM, but he could reform from desintegration and teleport, so heat vision, cb and punches probably wouldnt work for a definitive victory

I think given some of the higher levels of power Superman displayed with his heat vision, he could disperse his energy form long enough to get a "forum win". I also think that his ice breath could freeze or incapacitate his energy form long enough to do the same. His punches may or may not be all that effective depending on how the writer wants to portray him, but he's effected pure energy before, so there's that.

yaadaveyaa
manhattans abilities rnt shooting out of his hands or somethin hes rearranging molecules and atoms hes changing there structure as he sees fit and hes blood lusted so that will change how he'd use these powers as well i am goin off of the movie a lot and partial in writing

JakeTheBank
manhattans abilities rnt shooting out of his hands or somethin hes rearranging molecules and atoms hes changing there structure as he sees fit and hes blood lusted so that will change how he'd use these powers as well i am goin off of the movie a lot and partial in writing

Right, but again, what has Manhattan manipulated or broken down that is equal to the likes of Thor or Superman, both of whom are infinitely more durable than the humans he disintegrated.

yaadaveyaa
good point but there matter and atoms are the same as ours at a structural level and thats what hes breaking down molecules and atoms again im fighting a battle up hill i cant win because on panel hes never done this to beings like a thor or a superman so i waive the white flag smile

JakeTheBank
good point but there matter and atoms are the same as ours at a structural level and thats what hes breaking down molecules and atoms again im fighting a battle up hill i cant win because on panel hes never done this to beings like a thor or a superman so i waive the white flag smile

Well, the reason why Superman and Thor are so tough as they are is because their atomic structure is much more formidable and denser than normal. They've both also survived attacks explicitly designed to effect them at the molecular level.

I can see Manhattan putting up a decent feat in the pages of a comic, but per feats (not even the wild crazy ones) I don't see how he could beat either of them.

yaadaveyaa
yea i guess i havent read enough superman or thor not knowing ther molecules were more sturdy to attacks like manhattan has i again over estimated someones power levle (like sentry) by a large margin with no feats on panel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.