Achilles vs. Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
I see a lot of Achilles threads lately, so I decided to make him run through a gauntlet of sword wielding characters. Achilles is armed with spear, shield, and sword. He gets completely healed after every round. In case he dies against a character that's considered a loss for him but he gets resurrected so he can fight the next character. Against which characters does he die?

1. Maximus - carrying shield and sword plus extra sword at belt
2. Leonidas - spear, shield, and sword
3. Xena - 2 swords (no frisbee)
4. Aragorn - longsword
5. Spartacus - 2 swords
6. Legolas - 2 long fighting knives (yup, no arrows)
7. Gimli - battle axe
8. Gregore Clegane - longsword
9. Snake Eyes - katana
10. Prince Nuada - spear
12. Jack Sparrow - rapier and dagger
13. Zorro - rapier and whip

siriuswriter
Does anyone know about his heel problem?

FrothByte
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Does anyone know about his heel problem?

Nope. No one knows about his heel. But then this is movie Achilles we're using, not demigod Achilles.

The Fat Rambo
Maximus.

marwash22
Does anyone know about his heel problem? what heel problem?

The Fat Rambo
Ahahahaa

siriuswriter
I see whut you did thurr.

Aragorn. He's got years and years and years of training on Achilles.
Perhaps Legolas, for much of the same reason. Also because he's uber-fast, but the knives aren't usually his weapon of choice... yeahno. If Legolas gets his arrows he'll stomp Achilles.

The Fat Rambo
Bull. Maximus beats Achilles after a long battle.

Darth Martin
The order of the gauntlet is messed up.

Snake Eyes is probably better but Achilles has too many weapons to Snake Eyes' only one.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Darth Martin
The order of the gauntlet is messed up.

Snake Eyes is probably better but Achilles has too many weapons to Snake Eyes' only one.

Yup, I was too lazy to fix the gauntlet. That's why Achilles gets resurrected after each death. Basically I'm just trying to find out who can beat Achilles.

Darth Martin
Snake Eyes has what it takes if its just a sword fight but Achilles with his shield and spear is too much.

the ninjak
Stops at Prince Nuada definitely.
Who is better than the two guys above him in the list.

If he falls before Nuada, people need to supply feats.

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
I see a lot of Achilles threads lately, so I decided to make him run through a gauntlet of sword wielding characters. Achilles is armed with spear, shield, and sword. He gets completely healed after every round. In case he dies against a character that's considered a loss for him but he gets resurrected so he can fight the next character. Against which characters does he die?

1. Maximus - carrying shield and sword plus extra sword at belt
2. Leonidas - spear, shield, and sword
3. Xena - 2 swords (no frisbee)
4. Aragorn - longsword
5. Spartacus - 2 swords
6. Legolas - 2 long fighting knives (yup, no arrows)
7. Gimli - battle axe
8. Gregore Clegane - longsword
9. Snake Eyes - katana
10. Prince Nuada - spear
12. Jack Sparrow - rapier and dagger
13. Zorro - rapier and whip

1) Wins. is bloodied
2) Wins, but is bloodied with a loose anus
3) Loses
4) Loses
5) Loses, not a film char
6) Loses
7) Wins
8) Wins, not a film char
9) Loses
10) Loses
12) Wins
13) Loses

the ninjak
The enemies Xena and the LotRs heroes fought could be compared to Power Rangers subordinates.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
1) Wins. is bloodied
3) Loses
4) Loses
6) Loses
7) Wins
8) Wins, not a film char
9) Loses
10) Loses
12) Wins
13) Loses

You really think Zorro can beat Achilles?

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
You really think Zorro can beat Achilles?

Been a long time, doesn't he take on 50+ swordsmen at once in one of the flicks?

siriuswriter
In the newest Zorro movies - Thinking about all the training - how Banderas!Zorro learns to fight while staying in the smallest circle - that would make Achilles fight on Zorro's terms. He basically has one chance to throw his spear - but the exercise with dodging the water droplets teaches Zorro agility and fast work. Plus, Zorro's rapier is so much lighter than Achilles's heavy sword - that just gives Zorro more of an advantage.

Also, Zorro is very good with working the setting.

FrothByte
In the newest Zorro movies - Thinking about all the training - how Banderas!Zorro learns to fight while staying in the smallest circle - that would make Achilles fight on Zorro's terms. He basically has one chance to throw his spear - but the exercise with dodging the water droplets teaches Zorro agility and fast work. Plus, Zorro's rapier is so much lighter than Achilles's heavy sword - that just gives Zorro more of an advantage.

Also, Zorro is very good with working the setting.

Usually the rapier is a very good duelling weapon, but in this case it will be at a disadvantage due to Achilles having a shield. Not saying Zorro will lose, but he'll first need to find a way to negate that shield.

NemeBro
What has Gregor Clegane done in Game of Thrones?

Book Gregor would cut Achilles in half, shoulder to waist, but other than his brief fight with Sandor, what has he done?

Bitched Loras I guess.

The_Raven_1401
This thread is a joke.

The movie Achilles, while not invulnerable, is constantly talked about as one the greatest ever fighters. No one comes even close to hurting him in melee combat. He absolutely destroys his closest rival, who was himself a legendary warrior.

Most of the fighters on the list wouldn't last 5 seconds.
Aragorn might be a much more honourable, likeable guy, but he isn't considered a legendary deadly warrior in the books or the films. He struggle to kill one orc leader, and got battered by a troll. Book version has even less impressive combat feats. He was a great leader of men, not a melee powerhouse.

Gregor clegane, book or movie version, would be cutting air the entire fight. He was embarrassed by a 50 year old viper. Achilles would utterly destroy him.

Maximum etc aren't even close. Legolas? Are you all mental? The while point of Achilles was that he was an f-ing unstoppable fighting machine. Save a surprised ranged melee attack, it'd take someone far better than those on the list to even challenge him.

Book Achilles kills them all at the same time, and skull crushes Gregor.

DTM
I disagree, I think alot of those characters are in his overall level, some below, some above. I think the list is out of order, personally, but its a good solid list for opponents for movie Achilles.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by The_Raven_1401
This thread is a joke.

The movie Achilles, while not invulnerable, is constantly talked about as one the greatest ever fighters. No one comes even close to hurting him in melee combat. He absolutely destroys his closest rival, who was himself a legendary warrior.

Most of the fighters on the list wouldn't last 5 seconds.
Aragorn might be a much more honourable, likeable guy, but he isn't considered a legendary deadly warrior in the books or the films. He struggle to kill one orc leader, and got battered by a troll. Book version has even less impressive combat feats. He was a great leader of men, not a melee powerhouse.

Gregor clegane, book or movie version, would be cutting air the entire fight. He was embarrassed by a 50 year old viper. Achilles would utterly destroy him.

Maximum etc aren't even close. Legolas? Are you all mental? The while point of Achilles was that he was an f-ing unstoppable fighting machine. Save a surprised ranged melee attack, it'd take someone far better than those on the list to even challenge him.

Book Achilles kills them all at the same time, and skull crushes Gregor.

Good assessment +1

Squirtle
Originally posted by Robtard
1) Wins. is bloodied
3) Loses
4) Loses
6) Loses
7) Wins
8) Wins, not a film char
9) Loses
10) Loses
12) Wins
13) Loses

Your list is very reasonable, but just wondering... why do you think Aragorn win? it's been a long time since I watched the LotR movies, and I can't honestly remember anything really impresive from Aragorn, skillswise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.