Enterprise may be back?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-
Yeah, apparently they're campaigning to get It back up and running:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/scifi_movies/star_trek/news/?a=79596

Omega Vision
It would be interesting, and if it happened I'd probably watch it, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope. I am curious what they'd do with it--perhaps show the early years of the Federation, the shaky politics, the relations with the other powers of the Quadrant, establishing cred, etc.

-Pr-
Yeah; I was really surprised when I saw it.

Darth Jello
I've been rewatching this series on netflix and now I know why it's been ****ing crashing constantly. Oh well, the romulan war is worth it. Too bad the cute chick with a crush on phlox died.

Badabing
Only 9,411 likes so far. sad

Darth Jello
Yet that's enough to create netflix problems?

DARTH POWER
Why Enterprise? I'd prefer to see a DS9 tele-movie personally.

Omega Vision
I'd rather see a show that follows up on the DS9/TNG era tbh. Maybe set 20 years in the future (2390s) so that the original cast members can reprise their roles as older people. Admiral Riker, Captain Worf, First Minister Kira (or I suppose Representative to the Federation Council for Bajor Kira), Grand Nagus Rom, etc.

Darth Jello
I think I've talked about this other places but what about a Gary Seven series? That way you can set it at any point in Trek with any characters, any timeline, etc. They could do a whole story arc based on some novel series about the Eugenics Wars and World War III and then five episodes later have a one off comedy sitcom episode with Chekhov's family followed by an Enterprise B story and then a DS9 reunion, all in the same series.
They could even get whoever would play Gary to fight Scott Bakula as himself for kind of stealing his idea from Quantum Leap (even though Gary Seven came first).

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'd rather see a show that follows up on the DS9/TNG era tbh. Maybe set 20 years in the future (2390s) so that the original cast members can reprise their roles as older people. Admiral Riker, Captain Worf, First Minister Kira (or I suppose Representative to the Federation Council for Bajor Kira), Grand Nagus Rom, etc.

thumb up

Captain Worf would be awesome. Question what was Worf's rank in Nemesis? It seems he demoted himself by going back to the Enterprise. He was like 1st or 2nd officer on DS9/Defiant.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
thumb up

Captain Worf would be awesome. Question what was Worf's rank in Nemesis? It seems he demoted himself by going back to the Enterprise. He was like 1st or 2nd officer on DS9/Defiant.
He was commander of the Defiant when Sisko or Kira weren't there to assume command. I believe he became the Second Officer on Deep Space Nine after Jadzia's death.

DARTH POWER
He was commander of the Defiant when Sisko or Kira weren't there to assume command. I believe he became the Second Officer on Deep Space Nine after Jadzia's death.

He was actually shown to be in command on the Defiant in Sisko's absence when Jadzia and even Kira were there(Homefront/Paradise Lost). Although I think Kira and Worf swopped roles as the Defiant's first officer from time to time.

Omega Vision
He was actually shown to be in command on the Defiant in Sisko's absence when Jadzia and even Kira were there(Homefront/Paradise Lost). Although I think Kira and Worf swopped roles as the Defiant's first officer from time to time.
I think you're mixing up first officer and commander. The thing about naval ranks is that you can have a Lt. Commander like Worf being in command of the Defiant while Colonel Kira (I believe Colonel is equivalent to Captain or Commander) is there, because rank is not absolute where ships or stations are concerned. A similar thing happened in the Kira time travel episode, where a Cardassian Legate said that no one (himself included, despite his higher rank) could touch Kira's mom because Gul Dukat, the station commander and leader of the occupation (I always thought that was weird--shouldn't a Legate be in command of such a huge operation?) called dibs.

I don't remember ever seeing Kira giving commands to Worf on the Defiant after he was given command of the ship, though I could have a faulty memory. Every time Kira commanded the Defiant I believe Worf was absent.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Badabing
Only 9,411 likes so far. sad How I wish there was a dislike button on fb right now.

Robtard
Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah, apparently they're campaigning to get It back up and running:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/scifi_movies/star_trek/news/?a=79596

Can't see it happening.

I'd also prefer it not happen and they just give us a new TV show instead.

Omega Vision
mHk7ZkbWo4A

MF DELPH
So long as it involves a T'Pol, 7, and Leeta shower scene I'm fine with whatever the project is.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by MF DELPH
So long as it involves a T'Pol, 7, and Leeta shower scene I'm fine with whatever the project is.
All those things at once?

BruceSkywalker
Enterprise was shit.. the worst/weak trek ever..

if/when star trek returns back to tv then I want either a show based around jj's alternate u or a return back to the 24th century

Omega Vision
It's not that bad. I think Voyager was the worst. I'd put Enterprise slightly below TOS, with TNG coming slightly behind DS9 for the best series.

There was however a precipitous drop in budget and effort midway in the first season, or at least that's how it seems to me. The first several episodes of Enterprise were all very bold and seemed almost cinematic, yet by the second season it has the feel of "Early DS9" or "filler TNG" episodes.

samhain
They should go post Next-Gen IMO.

Omega Vision
So far they've adhered more or less to a rule that for every year that passes in real life one year passes in the Next Generation timeline.

By that rule, if a series were launched in 2014 it would take place circa 2391, sixteen years after the end of the Dominion War. That's enough time for plenty of changes and developments to have taken place. By that time the Klingon Empire should be fully recovered, Cardassia may have been absorbed into the Federation, and the Romulans might be in the same position that the Klingons were at the beginning of TNG, cautious allies with the Federation. The only question is who the main adversary might be. Stargate Universe was an object lesson in how difficult it is to keep a space opera series afloat without one.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

if/when star trek returns back to tv then I want either a show based around jj's alternate u or a return back to the 24th century

Or both? What would Next Gen and DS9 be like in the alternate timeline?

It's not that bad. I think Voyager was the worst. I'd put Enterprise slightly below TOS, with TNG coming slightly behind DS9 for the best series.

thumb up

Omega Vision
Or both? What would Next Gen and DS9 be like in the alternate timeline?

thumb up
I imagine without the Romulans around then the whole political situation would be different. Maybe the Breen or the Tholians would have absorbed their territory and thus become Starfleet's nemesis.

Edit: Or did the destruction of Romulus come after the events of TNG in that timeline?

MF DELPH
I thought Romulus was destroyed in the mainstream timeline future (Spock was an old Ambassador, so it was TNG Era), and Nero attacked Spock's ship near the artificial blackhole created by red matter which sent both their ships back in time, and the divergence is caused by Nero's actions in the past (attacking the Klingons with his gigantic ship, killing Kirk's father, destroying Vulcan, Spock's mother's death)? I believe in the new timeline Romulus should still exist, actually.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I thought Romulus was destroyed in the mainstream timeline future (Spock was an old Ambassador, so it was TNG Era), and Nero attacked Spock's ship near the artificial blackhole created by red matter which sent both their ships back in time, and the divergence is caused by Nero's actions in the past (attacking the Klingons with his gigantic ship, killing Kirk's father, destroying Vulcan, Spock's mother's death)? I believe in the new timeline Romulus should still exist, actually.
That is an interesting point for consideration: if Romulus was destroyed in the main timeline then a future show set in the main timeline would have to exist without the Romulans as a major player. Kind of a bummer--after DS9 and Nemesis the Romulans were finally starting to forge friendly ties with the Federation and there was hope for internal change in the empire.

That still brings up the question of who would be the main badguy. The Dominion is a non-threat now, the Borg are in shambles (right? I haven't watched all of Voyager, I just remember reading that by the end of the series their threat to the Federation is neutralized), and to make the Klingons enemies again would be like pressing an idiotic reset button (besides, Klingons are much more interesting as temperamental allies/brutish anti-heroes than as villains).

The Tholians might be good archvillains.

Darth Jello
The more I watch enterprise, the more I like it and it's the opposite with next gen. It's the first show since TOS that just abruptly ended without a reasonable conclusion, and right when it was starting to get good too.

Oh and the finale sucked.

DARTH POWER
I guess Enterprise in canon to both timelines. Nimoy/Shatner's and Quinto/Pine's.

Omega Vision
I was looking on Memory Alpha, and apparently had the show gotten a 5th season the writers would have had Shran join the crew. I'm not sure what his position would have been, considering the roles he'd be most qualified for (Tactical Officer and First Officer) are already taken by Reed and T'Pol respectively, but that would have been awesome.

Darth Jello
The Romulans have an empire. I don't think the lost of two planets, even if they are the imperial home worlds would mean the end of them being a major power in post-Voyager show. I mean they always seem to be one step ahead of the Federation. Hell, the Federation was formed basically to afford everyone in our near galactic neighborhood protection from the Empire.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Darth Jello
The Romulans have an empire. I don't think the lost of two planets, even if they are the imperial home worlds would mean the end of them being a major power in post-Voyager show. I mean they always seem to be one step ahead of the Federation. Hell, the Federation was formed basically to afford everyone in our near galactic neighborhood protection from the Empire.
They have many planets, but the loss of the homeworld and the destruction of the Romulan government would mean a clean slate. Suddenly no one has authority over anyone else and everyone starts looking out for themselves.

I know it was a fake recording made by the Federation, but what "Weyoun" said in In the Pale Moonlight is probably close to the truth: if Romulus falls then the empire's other systems will look out for themselves.

jane21august
StarTrek Beyond is the best. A new movie is coming later, waiting for the next one to come. Star Trek 4 Chris Hemsworth might be there in the movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.