Change the channel Ozzel!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kickballjedi
In ESB, there's a scene I find very funny. Admiral Ozzel is contacted by Vader and begins to report that the fleet has jumped out of light speed and..grrrk he gets force choked. Two things about this scene:

1. If Ozzel was quick enough to cut of the vid connection with Vader, could he have survived?

2. This is the only time we see Vader perform a force choke over such a long distance. I believe he's on the same ship, just communicating via vid, but still, it's a big ship, they could be hundreds of meters from each other. Every other force choke is in close proximity.

I think it would've been awesome for Ozzel to click off the vid, recover from the choke, then hop into an escape pod. Only to get blasted out of the sky, but still...

steverules_2
Do not underestimate the power of the force...

queeq
Or the power of the remote control.

JediRobin23
The force is above technology of LCD screen communication

Doctorwho?
I think even if Ozzel did cut communication it would have been too late, Vader already had him in his grip. Oh by the way guys I'm new smile

Lord Lucien
I never took it that the video call was important. How does looking a set of pixels actually hurt the person? Vader just seemed capable of cherry picking whatever neck he wanted, and Ozzel was close enough to do it. The video feed was just dramatic effect for Piett's benefit/fear.

Doctorwho?
Sounds like something Vader would do, just giving Piett the message "F!ck up and that's you"

sweersa
I wonder if Darth Vader Skyped with anyone regularly? Haha

Doctorwho?
Would you accept the call if Darth Vader skyped you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.