The Son of Godzilla???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kjm87
Is this ever going to be released, as it was set for a 2002 release, but it hasn't been heard of anywhere.

GordonSkywalker
Haven't heard anything about it.

Augeybana
I didn't find the new godzilla good I liked the old versions better.

Mujaffa
sick

finti
The Son of Godzilla???
you gotta be kidding me

GordonSkywalker
The original Godzilla movies were classics mostly. I can't believe someone wants to do another one? Didn't we learn our lesson with the last remake?

Augeybana
Yeah the one with Matthew Broderick Sucked Godzilla sized kept changing all the time if you noticed but I rather watch the classic and son godzilla was in a old godzilla movie already and it wasn't too good.

GordonSkywalker
Matthew Broderick's talents were wasted on that one! It is a case of good actor but bad script.

Augeybana
Yeah and every ne else's it was a movie that didn't do anything for me it was just dull and crappy action.

GordonSkywalker
I didn't even bother to see it once I saw the trailers on tv.

Augeybana
My friend beg me too watch it on screen I accepted it sucked even more I rather burn my money.

kjm87
I didn't want to see it, but just remember reading something about this film being released in 2002. If any of you saw it, at the end one of the eggs had survived I think, but it wasn't very good anyway.

GordonSkywalker
Nope. Sure wasn't.

ObieTrice 26
In "Godzilla ,Mothra,King Ghidora All Monsters Attack!", a movie only released In Japan a year ago, ther is a clear referance 2 the american version. Somone says that the americans were attacked by a giant creature at the end of the last century.someone asks if it was Godzilla and the other guy replies "the americans say it is but the japanese say it isn't". This is a japanese joke about the american movie

WindDancer
Moving to Anime/Manga forum...

General Zodiac
Does anybody know if they're going to make a sequel to the American Godzilla movie? They opened it up for one.

TheVapor
No there wont be another american movie for some good reasons
1.the last one sucked
2.the tv series i heard did better than the movie so why make another movie
and the last reason wich makes it an impossibility
3. Toho last year in 2004 bought the american godzilla so its now one of their trademarked monsters. In other words if there was another American godzilla movie someone would have to buy the rights and with how bad the last one was no ones going to buy it.

Also on a side note why does WindDancer keep moving Godzilla topics to the anime manga forum??? blink it belongs more in the sci-fi forum or in the foriegn films forum

Wickerman
OK, someone PLEASE explain to me how the old Godzilla was better than the 98 one What the f**k?

People are saying this:

http://www.redvicmoviehouse.com/images/poster/gojira.jpg

was better than this:

http://hm.aitai.ne.jp/~kem/movie/1998/godzilla/picture5.jpg

Am i missing something? Is it the crappy voice-dubbing? The Asian people running around chaotically? The oh-so wonderful special effects? The INCREDIBLE acting??? What the f**k?
Someone PLEASE explain to me how and why the old Godzilla flicks were better than the 98 one....

ps: someone also please explain what this thread is doing in the anime/manga forum.....

~wickerman~

WindDancer
Originally posted by TheVapor
Also on a side note why does WindDancer keep moving Godzilla topics to the anime manga forum??? blink it belongs more in the sci-fi forum or in the foriegn films forum

We had a poll on the topic of Kaiju (which is the real genre Godzilla belongs) threads to be included in the Anime/Manga forum.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=354358&highlight=Kaiju

Since both Anime and Manga are growing in the market it won't long before Kaiju (Japanese sci-fi/fantasy Monsters) will also sprout lots of fanbases. As a matter of fact certain stores are now putting anime movies with kaiju films. We'll keep like this for awhile. Hopefully it will fly.

On the topic: Wasn't it Godzuki the real son of Godzilla? blink

TheVapor
Didnt know there was a poll and in some 70's animated godzilla show godzuki was godzillas son but i like to ignore that show as it came out in the 70's wink kidding. Also Wickerman the "Old godzilla" IS better than the one in 98 because over 50 decades there have been 28 godzilla movies. its been 7 years since '98 and there hasn't been another American Godzilla Movie. i will say the ones from the 70's were lackluster in effects but the 50's and 60's were classics and the effects/acting through the 80's till the present have been getting loads better. And dont say that Godzilla 2000 had laughable diologue and a rival monster that no one could understand. That is Sony's fault. When they dubbed it they changed the lines from serious to funny. Also in the Japanese version the rival monster is clearly explained. TRUE kaiju fans all agree that '98 is the worst Godzilla movie and only ONE good thing came out of it. it brought back the real Godzilla from Japan.

Xanatos
Its verry simple the answer is NO, I wish they would, cause I like the american version. However they were gona make the new american godzilla movie, but thanks to the new International copy right laws, we are not aloud to make it(I dont know all the details) Thats why we got Godzilla 2,000. Finaly I dont like to compare the 2, but I like the American version better, and hope that Japan will easy up on that law.

Wickerman
Originally posted by TheVapor
Didnt know there was a poll and in some 70's animated godzilla show godzuki was godzillas son but i like to ignore that show as it came out in the 70's wink kidding. Also Wickerman the "Old godzilla" IS better than the one in 98 because over 50 decades there have been 28 godzilla movies. its been 7 years since '98 and there hasn't been another American Godzilla Movie. i will say the ones from the 70's were lackluster in effects but the 50's and 60's were classics and the effects/acting through the 80's till the present have been getting loads better. And dont say that Godzilla 2000 had laughable diologue and a rival monster that no one could understand. That is Sony's fault. When they dubbed it they changed the lines from serious to funny. Also in the Japanese version the rival monster is clearly explained. TRUE kaiju fans all agree that '98 is the worst Godzilla movie and only ONE good thing came out of it. it brought back the real Godzilla from Japan.

Man, that old show kicked ass "And godzuuuuuuuuuuuukiiii" laughing

Ok, so in the 50 years there have been more and more Godzilla movies, with better and better effects, still crappy acting IMO, a crappy looking monster, crappy plots, crappy actors, etc. The ones from the 50's were classics?!?!? What the f**k? Oookay....they were crap.....buuuuut we love them....cause......they were classics..... What the f**k? I have to admit though that i have no idea what TRUE kaiju fans agree upon, but i for one saw the 98 godzilla as having the best CGI, best actors, and best dialogue. That's not really saying much though erm , but it's still better than a toy monster kicking over a cardboard building no expression

~wickerman~

TheVapor
Well we all have our opinions dont we. i dont like them just because they were classics. the ones from the 50's and 60's are not crap. and the monsters are not TOYS they guys in suits. i can understand someone thinking the first godzilla movie was crap but you see thats because Gojira was the FIRST kaiju movie made by that film company. I'd also like to say that Gojira is WAY better in plot and acting to american movies of that time. the acting isn't crappy either. The way Sony dubs the movies though sometimes the characters sound laughable. a side note: having kaiju threads on KMC was a bad idea because the closest think to a kaiju movie people have seen or like is Godzilla '98. a shame that REAL kaiju forums are "slowing down" due to lack of news.

b-dan
Originally posted by kjm87
Is this ever going to be released, as it was set for a 2002 release, but it hasn't been heard of anywhere. hes already in a movie its called godzillas revenge hes gay or are you tlaking about the godzilla movie with mattheu brodrick

WindDancer
The American version of Godzilla is not recognize as Kaiju. Is a total independ monster film.

TheVapor
Very true WindDancer yes

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by Dark Urizen

Ok, so in the 50 years there have been more and more Godzilla movies, with better and better effects, still crappy acting IMO, a crappy looking monster, crappy plots, crappy actors, etc. The ones from the 50's were classics?!?!? What the f**k? Oookay....they were crap.....buuuuut we love them....cause......they were classics..... What the f**k? I have to admit though that i have no idea what TRUE kaiju fans agree upon, but i for one saw the 98 godzilla as having the best CGI, best actors, and best dialogue. That's not really saying much though erm , but it's still better than a toy monster kicking over a cardboard building no expression

~wickerman~

bahahahahahaha

that is so true dawg, just because they havent made a sequel yet doesnt mean the movie was bad, im a true godzilla vet and i say Godzilla(1998) was the best one, good acting, great storyline, good lookin' godzilla and i love the kids. Some peeps have mixed opinions about this movie but in all honesty, with all the special effects, none of the past godzillas even came close to this movie. When they make the sequel, ill be the first person standing in the long ass line thats gonna be AMC in my neighborhood.

steverules
I don't think there will be 'Son of Godzilla' cause there was a cartoon of Godzilla that followed on from the movie. They went back to where the eggs had been laid they go down they see the surviving one hatch and then it get's away and grows. Get's all big. Then the other episodes are like....Godzilla fighting all these weird creatures.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by steverules
I don't think there will be 'Son of Godzilla' cause there was a cartoon of Godzilla that followed on from the movie. They went back to where the eggs had been laid they go down they see the surviving one hatch and then it get's away and grows. Get's all big. Then the other episodes are like....Godzilla fighting all these weird creatures.

i remember watchin that dumb cartoon and thinkin...who made this piece of crap, broderick is friends with godzilla and hes like his pet from the sea.....that cartoon was so damn dumb

S.G
Originally posted by Dark Urizen

~wickerman~ laughing out loud I remember the show godzilla !! and godzuuuuki rolling on floor laughing

Here's the opening LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYXlfCDXKic

Darth Aain
My God the son of godzilla? how lame can this get...

Could be wrong tho, i thought snakes on a plane was a metaphore and turns out it wasnt and people say its fantastic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.