What is the best keyword tool for SEO?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mileysmith326
Yes, and no. The best keyword tool is undoubtedly the Google AdWords Keyword Tool. It sounds like you are already using it, but I do have a free YouTube video on it at .There I explain the three big pieces of information you get from it - a) keyword ideas, b) keyword volume, and c) keyword value. So it is no doubt the best keyword tool if you had to pick just one.

Secondly, as I discussed in this webinar, I like to use Google Suggest (the pulldown) and on the left hand side of any search 'related searches.' These give me great food for thought about keywords (especially phrases) vs. a blog post, website page or other content. So those are the major keyword tools - all free, all based on Google data.

Beyond that, I think that the other important thing is to use Google Analytics data to see what keywords are pulling traffic into your website, and then to set up goals and measure not only which keywords generate traffic but which keywords generate goal completions (e.g., registrations or sales). I have often found that low volume keywords can far, far outperform high volume keywords in terms of sales.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.