The Grand Champion of the Great Hunt vs Qui-Gon Jinn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
The Bounty Hunter gets a mysterious bounty from the future and bends time and space to fulfill it.

They fight on Jabba's barge.

Also I guess he gets Mako with him but meh.

Taay'hai
Grand Champ wins. He managed to defeat Darth Tormen

Nephthys
And Jedi Master Kellian Jarro.

Taay'hai
Oh yeah huh!?

Nephthys
Uh-huuuuuuuuuh!

Aaaaaand Jun Seros, the Jedi Orders Battlemaster. Really the Bounty Hunter seems to be the best non-Force user shy of Grievous. Maybe even above the good General!

Taay'hai
Not to be rude, but why post this thread if the answer seems so obvious? Perhaps for another entertaining argument?

Nephthys
No, I was just struggling to think of a good fight for the Bounty Hunter. I initially thought Maul, but I don't want to bring the other threads fight in here. Qui-Gon seemed like a sensible choice. He's not going to get anyone all riled up and defensive plus he is a legitimately powerful Jedi.

But if the Champion looks this good next to him, I guess I need to aim higher. Anakin or Obi-Wan perhaps? Dooku is probably too high though.

Taay'hai
Originally posted by Nephthys
Dooku is probably too high though.

Lol you should've phrased that differently

Nephthys
Dooku is a very bad man. So, so bad.

The_Tempest
Is the bounty hunter Force-resistant? I assume not, since Tormen ragdolls him, but it never hurts to ask.

Nephthys
Nope.

Taay'hai
Not unless he inherits such things from his force-sensitive family!

The_Tempest
Then Qui-Gon crushes his armor and throws him off Jabba's barge where he dies, unceremoniously, in the gaping maw of the Sarlaac.

Nephthys
Qui-Gon can crush durasteel*?

*being generous. Since the Champion is a Mando he propably has mando armor, maybe even beskar.

The_Tempest
Generous lol

What kind of armor does he have?

Let's try to minimize speculation; three posts from now, you'll be speculating he has Jinn-proof armor and can kill Jedi by snapping his fingers.

Taay'hai
He has beskar'gam imo

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Taay'hai
He has beskar'gam imo

Are you speculating or is there proof of that?

Taay'hai
He's Mandalorian. It'd be logical if he wore Beskar'gam--but this is SWTOR--Hell, nobody knows wtf he is wearing. For all we know, the champ could be a female in a dancer's dress

Nephthys
At least durasteel, since Mako mentions that you look good in it in a conversation. Anyway, the Hunter's killed plenty of Force users. On Corellia he fought through the Green Jedi Enclave and beat Jun Seros, the Jedi Orders Battlemaster. The guy wasn't a slouch with the Force seeing as he caught a missile.

The_Tempest
Does the hunter have a jet pack?

Nephthys
Yes.

Also on the armor front I seem to recall that he tanks two sniper rounds at one point.

The_Tempest
Still thinking Jinn, or any moderately talented Jedi, ragdolls him. Tormen TK's him and hurls computer consoles at him. Clearly this guy can take out Force users under certain circumstances, but unless we're scripting here, he loses.

Nephthys
Tormen ragdolls him when they're not fighting back. Of course a moderately powerful Jedi can ragdoll any non-force user. If they aren't unloading missiles at their face. You think Obi-Wan or Mace could have just ragdolled Jango while he was shooting at them?

The Champion has taken down not just moderately talented Jedi, but really powerful ones. Like Kellian Jarro who killed a hundred mando's at the battle of coruscant. You beat him and his padawan at the same time, despite the fact that you start the fight a meter apart. 'Certain circumstances' my ass, thats a step away from lightsaber range. And the guy clearly can ragdoll people since the codex mentions him doing just that.

The_Tempest
I watched the cutscene with Jarro and was unimpressed. Nothing of the fight is revealed through anything other than game mechanics; when the cutscene resumes, Jarro is dead and his grieving padawan is shot in the face without raising a hand against Jarro's murderer.

I think we see plenty of Force users, Jedi and Sith alike, across a number of eras fail to properly utilize the Force against enemies easily felled by it for dramatic purposes. I'm sure that a non-Force sensitive can unleash enough firepower to disorient and distract a Force user long enough to kill them, but I'm thinking Jinn, a Jedi Master of some repute, is likely to be quicker than a Forceless bounty hunter and can apply the omnidirectional Force to secure victory.

Unless you wanna script this thing, I'm going with Jinn, just as I would any truly talented Force user.

Nephthys
Um, yeah. Its a game. You fight him as a game. And its an MMO, so no cutscene fights except for really big ones. You need to look past it and apply logic to the fights, obviously.

You'd also think that Kellian Jarro or the Jedi Orders Battlemaster, both Jedi Masters of some repute, would be quicker than a Forceless bounty hunter. Except he killed them.

Oh can he? When has Jinn used the force to take out an opponent.... ever? When has he shown to be capable of omnidirectional force waves powerful enough to take out a heavily armored combatant? Try never.

If anything, you're the one scripting this. You keep going on about how Jinn will just own him with the Force without actually critically analysing the fight. Well I can just as easily claim the Champion shoves a heat-seeking missile up his ass. The fact that the Champion has beaten at least 3 Master-level Force Users and fought through a freaking Jedi Enclave indicates that he can handle the Force.

The_Tempest
http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae307/jen9cat/Dean%20Winchester/satisfied.gif

That was predictable enough. Critical analysis has concluded that you are incapable of using single standards when a thread involves a character in which you're invested.

Nephthys
Lol, is that just going to be your get-out-of-jail-free card for whenever you can't think of a response to my points from now on?

More feats for the Hunter:

Killed Akure, the Ghost in the Darkness. Akure killed every mandalorian sent against it. Various conversations indicate this figure to be really high and that they weren't noob mando's either. Picture of it here since theres not one on Torhead.

Defeated a Republic Strike team responsible for defeating and killing Jewl'a Nightbringer, The Defenestrator and Bloodworthy, the previous Great Hunt Champions. The fact that the Hunter defeated them indicates that they're better than all 3 of those people put together.

The_Tempest
Lol, is that just going to be your get-out-of-jail-free card for whenever you can't think of a response to my points from now on?

Not at all.

You've pretty much defeated the purpose of a debate with you since your confession that you'll simply conceal, twist, and lie in order to "win." This confirms it.

Not to mention the fact that when other people use your tactics, you invariably throw epic e-tantrums. erm

Nephthys
I haven't concealed, lied or twisted anything in this thread. So I'm not sure what you're throwing a b*tch-fit over.

How so? I don't see why we can't debate these things. We're just having fun debates here, not seeking out objective truth or fighting a court-battle over a mans life. ****ing Star Wars debates isn't as serious business as you make it out to be.

No, I don't. I only dislike it when you attempt to lecture me. Jesus, when did you get so goddamn self-righteous?

The_Tempest
I haven't concealed, lied or twisted anything in this thread. So I'm not sure what you're throwing a b*tch-fit over.

I'm gauging how committed you are to deception.

How so? I don't see why we can't debate these things. We're just having fun debates here, not seeking out objective truth or fighting a court-battle over a mans life. ****ing Star Wars debates isn't as serious business as you make it out to be.

You don't see why we can't debate these things when you permeate "these things" with dishonesty? no expression

Actually, you're the one making this into a court battle, which characteristically involve the manipulation of evidence and context to facilitate a favored outcome.

As far as this "serious business" is concerned... you're the guy who used to throw genuine fits when I didn't accept the Joker as an objectively l33t bad guy. Let's dispense with pretense here. facepalm

This is about incentive. This is meant to be a fun battle of wits, not a child's exercise of deceit and clumsy manipulation.

I'm not sure how you're not getting how dishonesty in a debate represents a problem.

No, I don't. I only dislike it when you attempt to lecture me. Jesus, when did you get so goddamn self-righteous?

I'm Christian, bro.

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I'm gauging how committed you are to deception.

I'd think it would be obvious given how upfront I'm being about the whole thing.

You don't see why we can't debate these things when you permeate "these things" with dishonesty? no expression

Actually, you're the one making this into a court battle, which characteristically involve the manipulation of evidence and context to facilitate a favored outcome.

As far as this "serious business" is concerned... you're the guy who used to throw genuine fits when I didn't accept the Joker as an objectively l33t bad guy. Let's dispense with pretense here. facepalm

This is about incentive. This is meant to be a fun battle of wits, not a child's exercise of deceit and clumsy manipulation.

I'm not sure how you're not getting how dishonesty in a debate represents a problem.

Sure, because its fun to debate like its a mock court battle. But its not like actual lives are at stake or that I'm committing some great sin by not telling you things that would really screw up my argument.

Oh please, I got pissed at you because you were obviously baiting, insulting and being disrespectful to me. Excuse me for reacting when my friends acting like a cock towards me. Sorry I have feelings and actually care about you bro.

How can it be a fun battle of wits if we're upfront about everything and never get creative with the facts? Twisting things to your favor is what a battle of wits is all about! And its not like you never do it mr 'the temple collapsed in on itself'. Nr 'force nexuses render any feat obselete anywhere else.' Mr....... 'dumbbutt' (you are a butt that is dumb).

I'm Christian, bro.

Even Jesus would tell you you're acting like a condescending douche.

The_Tempest
All I got out of that was that you love me and want my babies.

Nephthys
I'm so worried that you'll refuse to talk to me now that you know the secret of my dark heart.

Hold me like you did on Naboo, and tell me everything will go back to the way it was. When it was just us and I can't remember how this ****ing quote goes like. Promise me we'll always be together or something!

The_Tempest
Of course I'll still talk to you.

But I hate sand. It's all dirty and gets everywhere and I just killed a bunch of women and children.

i'm really bad at this

Nephthys
Its ok, I'm still totally wet for you because of bad writing. Also cocaine.

http://www.okayplayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Cocaine80sbig.jpg

*sniff* HRRRRRNNNNNNGHHRRRRRRGH

Nephthys
Anyway, the Champion still wins.

And in response to your point about speed, bare in mind that all TOR characters have access to reflex-enhancing adrenals and implants (both of which are mentioned in dialogue). So the Champion need not be a normal human in terms of speed and reflexes.

The_Tempest
Anyway, the Champion still wins.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/really-tell-me-more.gif

Nephthys
Where is fancy bread, in the heart or in the head?

S_W_LeGenD
Get a room you two! Wait, its a sin doing so without marriage.

The_Tempest
I'd think it would be obvious given how upfront I'm being about the whole thing.

Which, again, makes your askance as to why I'm less inclined to debate you more bewildering.

Sure, because its fun to debate like its a mock court battle.

You just whined about me making these things like a court battle. no expression

But its not like actual lives are at stake or that I'm committing some great sin by not telling you things that would really screw up my argument.

Lives aren't at stake. But you have a history of nerd!rage and hurt feelings as much as anyone here; how many times have you exuded frustration at people not accepting your interpretation of things? Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots....

What you're telling me is that it is acceptable for you to be dishonest, but you absolutely despise it when others do it to you.

Oh please, I got pissed at you because you were obviously baiting, insulting and being disrespectful to me. Excuse me for reacting when my friends acting like a cock towards me. Sorry I have feelings and actually care about you bro.

Right, so disagreeing with you or picking on you is a problem, but a friend who deliberately lies in a friendly debate isn't a problem?

How can it be a fun battle of wits if we're upfront about everything and never get creative with the facts? Twisting things to your favor is what a battle of wits is all about!

But... you're not creative. I give you a quote you don't like and you write it off entirely but if someone doesn't accept your preferred speculation, you go apeshit. erm

And its not like you never do it mr 'the temple collapsed in on itself'. Nr 'force nexuses render any feat obselete anywhere else.' Mr....... 'dumbbutt' (you are a butt that is dumb).

Oh please. The dark nexus argument, besides being perfectly valid, is one I apply to everyone, no matter who the character involved is. I'm the one who argues that Sidious's defeat of Luke on Byss is suspect precisely because it took place on a dark side nexus.

The difference is that you cherrypick.

Even Jesus would tell you you're acting like a condescending douche.

Rather be a condescending douche who's right (me) than a hypocritical douche who's wrong (you).

And fat.

And English.

Also you.

Nephthys
Haha, I'm not fat! I'm skinny!

Also those other things were totally wrong!

The_Tempest
Your morbid obesity cannot be denied, fatty.

Nephthys
Which, again, makes your askance as to why I'm less inclined to debate you more bewildering.

Well I've never seen why this is such a big deal to you.

You just whined about me making these things like a court battle. no expression

Only in terms of how you seem to think we should follow some stupid code of ethics. I don't believe in ethics so screw that.

Lives aren't at stake. But you have a history of nerd!rage and hurt feelings as much as anyone here; how many times have you exuded frustration at people not accepting your interpretation of things? Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots....

What you're telling me is that it is acceptable for you to be dishonest, but you absolutely despise it when others do it to you.

So what you're saying is that... .its dishonest not to agree with me?

Seems about right. http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-smuggo.gif

You know what else gets me frustrated? Dark Souls. I don't take it seriously though.

Right, so disagreeing with you or picking on you is a problem, but a friend who deliberately lies in a friendly debate isn't a problem?

No to disagreeing with me, yes to picking on me because deliberately trying to upset me isn't cool and I haven't lied to you last I checked.

But... you're not creative.

Ok, ow.

I give you a quote you don't like and you write it off entirely but if someone doesn't accept your preferred speculation, you go apeshit. erm

No, I argue against it.

Oh please. The dark nexus argument, besides being perfectly valid, is one I apply to everyone, no matter who the character involved is. I'm the one who argues that Sidious's defeat of Luke on Byss is suspect precisely because it took place on a dark side nexus.

The difference is that you cherrypick.

Who cares. In my opinion its still an intellectually dishonest argument whereby you twist facts to your advantage.

Rather be a condescending douche who's right (me) than a hypocritical douche who's wrong (you).

And fat.

And English.

Also you.

Yeah, but I'm not a douche so up yours.

The_Tempest
no expression

Again, you don't understand why, when I put forth a great deal of time and effort into making a cohesive, logical argument, it's a "big deal" when you put a great deal of time and effort into a dishonest rebuttal?

I feel like I'm having to explain the fundaments of reality to you.

I, like you, put a great deal of time and energy into these posts, examining and citing sources in scholarly fashion, expecting that the things I provide will be dealt with fairly and honestly.

I, like you, am perturbed when people don't treat the fruits of my labor fairly.

I, unlike you, do not casually utilize a tactic I despise... unless to encourage others, like you, not to use them.

Yet you cling to that "stupid code of ethics" when people do to you as you do unto them. no expression

Not sure how you don't take something seriously that elicits a strong emotional reaction from you. erm

I think what you're trying to do is handwave your history of butthurt and nerd!rage as saying, "well yeah it pissed me off to no end and i screamed to the heavens and vowed blood vengeance... but lol i dont take it seriously not one bit!"

Pretty sure by definition whatever provoked you so utterly is something that you clearly took seriously.

no expression

You know and have known that I am... displeased when I present an argument and my opponent responds with dishonesty. So it is acceptable for you to deliberately use tactics that irritate me, but treating the Joker as something less than fap fuel is taboo?

Do you... understand what friendship means?

It's no less creative than me giving you a blue pen and you telling me over and over again than it's red. To quote Jim Carrey, the goddamn pen is blue!

In between expressions of outrage, frustration, and indignation... perhaps.

...How is it intellectually dishonest and to my advantage... when I apply it equally to all characters? no expression

You are, my friend, the worst kind of douche: the fat English hypocritical kind.

Nephthys
If anything you should feel complimented that I have to resort to trickery to argue against your points. Cuz they're so good.

The_Tempest
I know I'm the superior debater and that you can't hope to defeat me in an honest discussion.

But as my friend, you should still respect me enough to not be a dishonest prick with my masterpiece posts. sad

Nephthys
a tactic I despise

Yeah that. I don't get why it bothers you so much.

Yet you cling to that "stupid code of ethics" when people do to you as you do unto them. no expression

No I don't. You keep saying that when its not true and its really getting irksome.

Not sure how you don't take something seriously that elicits a strong emotional reaction from you. erm

I think what you're trying to do is handwave your history of butthurt and nerd!rage as saying, "well yeah it pissed me off to no end and i screamed to the heavens and vowed blood vengeance... but lol i dont take it seriously not one bit!"

Pretty sure by definition whatever provoked you so utterly is something that you clearly took seriously.

I guess I'm just a psychopath.

As I said, I don't care about the actual arguments as much as the people I'm having them with. So when you or someone else acts like a jackass it affects me. Even then its not super serious.* Remember how much me and Sexy used to hate each other? Now we're like old pals or whatever. Water under the bridge.

I'm really not even sure what you're referring to here. I think you're vastly overrating my hissy fits.

no expression

You know and have known that I am... displeased when I present an argument and my opponent responds with dishonesty. So it is acceptable for you to deliberately use tactics that irritate me, but treating the Joker as something less than fap fuel is taboo?

Do you... understand what friendship means?

I didn't know that actually. I thought you were just being a high and mighty vagina about it, not that apparently its some super big deal to you.

I could just as easily turn this back on you, since I've told you how much it annoys me when you act like the damn morality police and you keep doing it. Especially when I'm not even ****ing talking to you as was the case recently. Can't you just worry about your own damn points and not try to 'correct' mine. Do you have any idea how arrogant that is?

Once again, I disliked what a jackass you were being, not how much you cared about the damn joker.

It's no less creative than me giving you a blue pen and you telling me over and over again than it's red. To quote Jim Carrey, the goddamn pen is blue!

I'm a lot more creative than that. And its oh so much fun to get someone to say the pen is red.

In between expressions of outrage, frustration, and indignation... perhaps.

Now who's a liar? I've never done that. Unless the quote is really dumb like some of the ones about the Exile but you didn't give me that.

...How is it intellectually dishonest and to my advantage... when I apply it equally to all characters? no expression

Because you only ever use it in support of your preferred characters. And because completely writing-off a feat because of it is extremely disingenuous and contrarian.

You are, my friend, the worst kind of douche: the fat English hypocritical kind.

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for, 'cause you can never predict if they're going to do something incredibly stupid.

* Except for Rogue Jedi and Dadudemon. I ****ing hate those two pricks.

Nephthys
For instance on the whole using it to your advantage front, you're more than willing to jump in and point out to me that a feats not valid because it happened on a nexus, but you don't seem to point out that Kalakar Six is a nexus whenever someone brings up Sidious disintegrating those acolytes. Or when you bring it up. no expression

The_Tempest
Because I put a lot of time and energy into a post and for you to respond dishonestly means I wasted my time and energy?

You get mad all the time when I bend quotes and twist interpretations to the detriment of characters you like. And I only do it to give you a taste of your own medicine.

Yeah and I distinctly recall you going apeshit on LeGenD because he didn't agree with you about Bane or some such.

You can pretend all you like that you don't take it seriously, but your posts say otherwise.

Except that my "lessons" are reactionary. Your infractions precipitate them. In other words, you ceasing to be a dishonest twit would save us both headaches.

As usual, you want favorable conditions and a free pass to conduct yourself dishonestly and hypocritically and, as usual, I'm holding your feet to the fire until you stop.

Hey, it's fun to me when I reduce a grown man to tears by criticizing his favorite comic book movie. no expression

But you asked me to stop and I have. But you're acting like a chick who slaps a grown man, cries in anguish when he beats the hell out of her, and then keeps on swinging after he's relented.

Why should I treat you any differently than you treat me? Why should anyone treat you differently?

You practically menstruate with every post. uhuh

Except that's not true. Otherwise I'd be saying lol Bane and the temple doesn't count but Sidious beating Luke does. 'I'm excruciatingly, meticulously evenhanded with such things.

You redistrict logic at whim to favor your preferred characters.

GI6CfKcMhjY

The_Tempest
For instance on the whole using it to your advantage front, you're more than willing to jump in and point out to me that a feats not valid because it happened on a nexus, but you don't seem to point out that Kalakar Six is a nexus whenever someone brings up Sidious disintegrating those acolytes. Or when you bring it up. no expression

Kalakar Six is a nexus??

Nephthys
Damn skippy.

The_Tempest
According to what source?

Nephthys
Wookieepedia. But it lists a bunch of other sources that I'm sure youre reading right now.

The_Tempest
Don't have Tales or the encyclopedia.

Nephthys
I meant that you'd be reading the list of sources.

Well I think we can believe it given this:

'Rumors held that around 100 BBY, the moon's dark side nature attracted Baron Yorn and his followers from Coruscant, who set up a fortress with the intent to conduct experiments there. However, a supply ship later noted that everyone there had vanished, except for Yorn, who had gone mad, tearing out his own eyes and tongue. '

Its too elaborate to be made up and easily disproven by anyone with Resurrection. Though if you really want I can look up that crew skill mission in TOR tomorrow. My Inquisitor has Archaeology.

The_Tempest
That would be preferable. But the wording has to be exact. And then you have to prove it was a dark side nexus at the time of Sidious's visit.

Nephthys
Well if theres one there a mere hundred years before Yavin, then its almost certainly there at that time. Force nexus' fade very slowly, as shown by Korriban. Especially if its strong enough to drive people to insanity.

The_Tempest
Yeah, but that's Korriban, whose nexus is maintained by countless dead & mummified Sith. There's no proof Kalakar VI's nexus, if it exists at all, would endure until that time. I'mma need exact wording and ironclad, unquestionable proof.*

*Nephlogic

Nephthys
Ruusan, Vjun, Dagobah, Ambria and Lehon all possessed nexuses that lasted for centuries or millennia without fading or even appearing to weaken. In fact, what do you have to show to support the assertion that it would fade? Korriban is the only nexus I recall that weakened and that can be explained by the weakening of the Sith. If Lehon was still going strong 3000 years after all the Rakata died and tens of thousands of years after the collapse of the Infinite Empire, then I doubt 100 is enough for Kalakar Six's to fade, especially when its that strong.

http://almarsguides.com/Almar%27s%20Stuff/SwTOR/Professions/Crew%20Skill%20Missions/Grade%206%20Power%20Crystals.jpg

Doesn't say anything.

The_Tempest
Well it looks like there's nothing for me to concede. :/

Nephthys
The original source is Resurrection, not the crew skill mission.

The_Tempest
Well I'm sure it will reveal itself in due time.

Nephthys
That Nephlogic thing was funny btw.

The_Tempest
I know. :3

Nephthys
What did you think of my Hero of Tython list? Pretty nifty. I'd forgotten that the Sand Demon hunts freaking Krayt Dragons. And that the Guardian was that damn big. I remember that it seriously freaked me out when the game told me to fight something that big.

The_Tempest
Haven't looked at it, tbh. There's one by SWL floating around, though.

Nephthys
I know, I added to it to make my final product.

Nephthys
Correction: The Hunter shrugs off four sniper rounds, not two. And still manages to fight his way to and through the Endar Spire and defeat an ex-Mandalore candidate who's beaten every Bounty Hunter sent against him, and only the top 5 hunters in the galaxy are even aware of his bounty.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.