*nods to Quan* Which is the better franchise: Bond or Bourne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
In terms of quality, action, and influence, and which would you prefer to watch if you had to choose?

quanchi112
Never cared for Bond films. I have never see a single Bourne movie to this day.

Lestov16
The Bourne films are probably some of the most entertaining in film history. I find them funner than the Indiana Jones series.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lestov16
The Bourne films are probably some of the most entertaining in film history. I find them funner than the Indiana Jones series. I should probably watch them. I do think I'd enjoy them. Bond movies are so meh to me. Haven't even seen Skyfall.

-Pr-
Bond. Though the Bourne movies do deserve credit for influencing the new Bond movies with Daniel Craig.

juggerman
Bond.

focus4chumps
nice poll bro!

thumb up

NotAllThatEvil
Bond is definitely more influential.

Lestov16
What about quality and action?

quanchi112
Bond films were so corny and stupid IMO. Daniel Craig first one was ok though.

the ninjak
I thought both series were tiresome.

The first Bourne film is arguably as cheesy and formulaic as many Bond films.

I like my cloak and dagger films. And the Craig films had their moments.

They should make a Splinter Cell movie.

TV spy shows tend to work more for me.

Lestov16
Have you ever seen Alias? Every episode was basically a mini-Bond film. Nikita is also good, with far better writing (some of the best on TV IMO), but weaker action sequences than Alias.

the ninjak
Have you ever seen Alias? Every episode was basically a mini-Bond film. Nikita is also good, with far better writing (some of the best on TV IMO), but weaker action sequences than Alias.

I liked Alias more than the Bond and Bourne films, but unfortunately I've only seen a limited number of eps.

I'm a HUGE Nikita fan from all the way back in the original series. I'm currently watching the new series.
Though I'm currently burning through the 4th season of Fringe.

Lestov16
You can find every single Alias episode right on youtube, if you are ever interested.

Did you see the season finale of Nikita? I lost my shit when fake-POTUS shot herself

I have dabbled in Fringe, and it isn't bad, but I'm going to have to do a marathon. I'm still ashamed I have not done a Lost marathon yet.

the ninjak
Nah I'm still early in the new Nikita's first season. Didn't read the spoiler. eek.

You ever watch the old series?

Fringe is the bomb and in regards to LOST, I regard it as this generations Twin Peaks. I'm not ready for that kind of commitment.

Lestov16
I remember the first season. They were all so innocent then laughing out loud Just know that Percy makes David Xanatos look like Forrest Gump. Don't assume anything about him, because you won't believe the shit he pulls later in the season.

Sadly no. I gave an episode a watch a long time ago, but I think the Canadaness (and the fact it was about 7:00 in the morning when I did it) turned me off. I'm going to have to give it a rewatch.

I've saw 2 episodes of Fringe which I can remember: A first season episode regarding a chimera monster, and a 3rd season episode with Milo Stanfield. I'm in an odd state of Limbo with Lost: My mom and brother have seen every episode, and I watched a lot of snippets with them, so I know most of the plot, but at the same time, I know virtually nothing about it, and I don't have the time to invest right now for a marathon, so I know what you mean laughing out loud

the ninjak
I remember the first season. They were all so innocent then laughing out loud Just know that Percy makes David Xanatos look like Forrest Gump. Don't assume anything about him, because you won't believe the shit he pulls later in the season.

Sadly no. I gave an episode a watch a long time ago, but I think the Canadaness (and the fact it was about 7:00 in the morning when I did it) turned me off. I'm going to have to give it a rewatch.

I've saw 2 episodes of Fringe which I can remember: A first season episode regarding a chimera monster, and a 3rd season episode with Milo Stanfield. I'm in an odd state of Limbo with Lost: My mom and brother have seen every episode, and I watched a lot of snippets with them, so I know most of the plot, but at the same time, I know virtually nothing about it, and I don't have the time to invest right now for a marathon, so I know what you mean laughing out loud

-Xanatos is one of my childhood heroes. Big claim.

-Yeah the show was only shown late night in my country. Took some effort. But it is still one of my fav shows of all time. I'm happy the new show decided to continue from the original's finale instead of just retelling the story otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

-LOST is a monster I will tackle when I have time again. The movie This Is 40 confirmed this.

Darth Martin
007 easily.

Bourne is cool though(the fourth one withstanding).

FrothByte
Well considering that the Bond films span a number of decades then it has quite an unfair advantage. Some were bad, some were good, but all in all it was able to do more than the Bourne films.

The Bourne films do have an edge in action and adrenaline though (with the Craig films the only bond movies that come close) and there seems to be a bit more mystery to the Bourne films simply because of his memory problems.

But hey, Bond films have the Bond girls... and that on it's own gives it the advantage. =)

the ninjak
Originally posted by FrothByte
But hey, Bond films have the Bond girls... and that on it's own gives it the advantage. =)

thumb up

The_Tempest
Nikita is also good, with far better writing (some of the best on TV IMO), but weaker action sequences than Alias.

(!)

Far better writing? Ehh....................................

I can't watch Nikita since Percy and Roan bit it.

Kazenji
Bond

Originally posted by the ninjak

They should make a Splinter Cell movie.

They are.

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
Bond films were so corny and stupid IMO. Daniel Craig first one was ok though.

Skyfall would probably cater more to your test than the classic Bond films which were more campy. Bourne should be more up your alley too.

Personally I deplore everything that is realistic, gritty, edgy, serious or dark, give me campy over that all day everyday.

Lestov16
Originally posted by The_Tempest
(!)

Far better writing? Ehh....................................

I can't watch Nikita since Percy and Roan bit it.

That was a great season finale. Don't worry. They do a good job with the replacements.

Originally posted by Bentley
Skyfall would probably cater more to your test than the classic Bond films which were more campy. Bourne should be more up your alley too.

Personally I deplore everything that is realistic, gritty, edgy, serious or dark, give me campy over that all day everyday.
I like the style of grittiness, but with the over-the-top action of camp. That's why I like the Bourne films so much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.