The X-Men Vs Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No prep..
No B.R.F...

Loki attacks the X-Men..
Loki has 50 Chitauri warriors at his command..

Loki

Vs

The X-Men:

Cyclops
Warpath
Magneto
Emma Frost
Colosus
Iceman
Wolverine

Fight takes place in downtown San Francisco..

juggerman
what did the X-Men ever do to you?

-Pr-
The Chitauri are fodder; it's Loki they have to worry about.

juggerman
Originally posted by -Pr-
The Chitauri are fodder; it's Loki they have to worry about.

Fodder that still needs to be addressed. They cannot fully focus on Loki and will be destroyed

-Pr-
Originally posted by juggerman
Fodder that still needs to be addressed. They cannot fully focus on Loki and will be destroyed

I could see them dividing their forces to take on the Chitauri and Loki simultaneously. Guys like Logan, Iceman and Colossus will absolutely plow through Chitauri like nobody's business. That said, Loki should still be too much for anyone here.

Oliver North
I could see Magneto + Iceman giving Loki some trouble, but the rest of the X-team is too weak to add much, imho.

The Chitauri are total fodder though :/

http://www.superheroesareawesome.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/ice_army.jpg

iceman will be soloing the chitauri

magneto and emma can probably handle loki

x-men 6/10

carver9
Magneto can pull wins from Loki and an argument could be made on him pulling a majority.

leonidas
def possible xmen can win but i think loki takes the majority. depends on which showings you'd like to use. i've little doubt someone (perhaps even me) could make a case that loki sweeps this, but in general, i'd say maybe 6-7/10 is fair. (loki's a tough match for iceman given his frost giant heritage that could be played up imo....)

Supermex
Sorry guys forgot to mention that Loki also has 1 of them big flying monster thing from the movie lol

Forgot to mention that

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Magneto can pull wins from Loki and an argument could be made on him pulling a majority.

He's not pulling a majority on Loki at all.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

thumb up

Oliver North
just out of curiosity, Loki has an Asgardian physiology, yes?

I know he is "weak" compared to Thor, but what strength class would he be in?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Oliver North
just out of curiosity, Loki has an Asgardian physiology, yes?

I know he is "weak" compared to Thor, but what strength class would he be in?

According to handbooks, he's listed at class 50 or something, but given how he physically interacts with Thor, that designation doesn't mean too much. He's able to grapple with him, phase him with his blows, and even was capable of choking him. He's also b1tch slapped Masterson Thor repeatedly. Durability speaking, he's tough enough to take several shots from Thor's punches and not be one shot KO'd by Mjolnir. He's also endured attacks from the Destroyer and Surtur while remaining conscious.

His shape shifting also enables him to deal with Thor to some degree, albeit in a losing manner.

Oliver North
thx thumb up

ODG
Loki one-shots all of them save Magneto. For him, he uses a moderate spell to deal with/get past Magneto's forcefields.

curryman
753, that was a terrible showing by Iceman.

Not only is it below what he could almost effortlessly do in Chuck Austen's run, but he was completely spent after.

Originally posted by curryman
753, that was a terrible showing by Iceman.

Not only is it below what he could almost effortlessly do in Chuck Austen's run, but he was completely spent after. no, it wasn't. while his levels do fluctuate, the fact he has manifested an AoA-like fractal army for the first time is a huge deal for 616 bobby, although it would have been more impressive, if they'd used freezing blasts instead of punches. besides, those frankensteins were pretty impressive as far as fodder goes. that showing is certainly enough to warrant saying he could solo the chitauri.

janus77
Originally posted by Supermex
Sorry guys forgot to mention that Loki also has 1 of them big flying monster thing from the movie lol

Forgot to mention that
I believe they're mostly metallic ...

Magneto solos! yes

Konton
Is Emma really that far out of her league here? AvX "god mind" bullshit aside, a non-depowered Emma should give even master illusionists a run for their money.

curryman
Originally posted by 753
no, it wasn't. while his levels do fluctuate, the fact he has manifested an AoA-like fractal army for the first time is a huge deal for 616 bobby, although it would have been more impressive, if they'd used freezing blasts instead of punches. besides, those frankensteins were pretty impressive as far as fodder goes. that showing is certainly enough to warrant saying he could solo the chitauri.

Iceman doesn't need to exhaust himself and make crappy clones in order to beat the chitauri.

ODG
Originally posted by Konton
Is Emma really that far out of her league here? AvX "god mind" bullshit aside, a non-depowered Emma should give even master illusionists a run for their money. Loki isn't just a master illusionist. He is a powerful psionic.

pym-ftw
Loki solos

Originally posted by curryman
Iceman doesn't need to exhaust himself and make crappy clones in order to beat the chitauri. if you say so

Sixth_Winged
So is this movie chitauri or ultimate universe chitauri?

Supermex
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
So is this movie chitauri or ultimate universe chitauri?

No not movie, but comics

tijay
Didnt Iceman take down Ymir

ODG
^ Iceman amped by the Casket of Future Winters. Which for some reason didn't amp Ymir.

TheGodKiller
^Not the first time an Asgardian super-god has been jobbed to an omega mutant.

Remember the time when Darwin "killed" Hela?

jitay
^When was this?

zopzop
Originally posted by tijay
Didnt Iceman take down Ymir Originally posted by ODG
^ Iceman amped by the Casket of Future Winters. Which for some reason didn't amp Ymir.
Idiot writers.
Originally posted by TheGodKiller

Remember the time when Darwin "killed" Hela? Originally posted by jitay
^When was this?
http://s2.postimg.org/vbxeahg6d/1902617_darwin_hela_2_super.jpg

Phuck Marvel.

curryman
Jesus christ....

ODG

Remember the time when Darwin "killed" Hela? By that time, Darwin had already adapted to the M'Kraan crystal of all things.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Tbf, it was a Ymir projection and not the real thing or whatever.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by ODG
By that time, Darwin had already adapted to the M'Kraan crystal of all things.
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Tbf, it was a Ymir projection and not the real thing or whatever.
Scans for both?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Scans for both?

I don't have the scans but it was in A+X #7 IIRC, in the Iceman/Thor team-up, second last page.

I only read the issue once but didn't Ymir use Thor's lightning to forge the Casket of Future Winters which was powerful enough to freeze the Universe or whatever? I only read the issue briefly, not a fan of dumb jock Thor.

Also, Iceman didn't beat Ymir, it was Thor who destroyed that body with his lightning bolt I think.

pym-ftw
Aren't all the A+X comics non canon?

I thought its said on the first page iirc

Konton
Originally posted by ODG
By that time, Darwin had already adapted to the M'Kraan crystal of all things.

And yet when confronted with Hulk of all people his powers thought the best way to adapt was to be far away. Psh.

Rage.Of.Olympus
And yet when confronted with Hulk of all people his powers thought the best way to adapt was to be far away. Psh.

Hulk SMASH!

ODG
And yet when confronted with Hulk of all people his powers thought the best way to adapt was to be far away. Psh. WWH > M'kraan crystal >=< Hela.

Sounds about right to me. thumb up

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by carver9

yep

JakeTheBank

yaadaveyaa
i think that can b argued loki is prob gonna win but barely i think maybe 4/10 for mags well written gives mags the win

JakeTheBank
4 out of 10 wins is honestly too much for Mags.

yaadaveyaa
really? hows loki damaging mags? hes getting thru this shields hes not his brother

leonidas
spells are different animals. hard to say what kind of effect mags shields would have against loki. he wouldn't be blasting through them, but he might be able to by-pass them some other way. given some of his feats, i think mags could beat loki, but i'd say on average loki would take him for a solid majority.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Loki's a bad matchup for Magneto. I think Erik would fair far better against someone like Thor, Hulk, Superman etc. than he would against someone like Surfer, Loki etc.

leonidas
^yeah, i agree with you. tbf, it's a little hard to say just how eric's powerset would match up to loki though since there really isn't any examples of him tackling a high level magician to really base a predicted outcome on. still, on the surface, i agree with you.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I really don't know how Magneto could counter Loki's magic. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Loki could just straight up depower his X-gene based on how he created that mutant telepath.

leonidas
well, it would a little on how loki went about things imo. blasts wouldn't work. i don't think tp would work. he could try what you said, but could he do that through mag's shield? not so sure. maybe though. i think his best bet (and what he'd do in a comic) would be to fool mags with tricks and illusions to get him to drop his shields. at that point he could take him out pretty easily. he could also likely bfr mags if that were allowed.

i think mags could definitely hurt loki though with blasting. asgardians also bleed so there is the old blood trick. mags has shown some very solid exotic energy control as well and given the nature of his powers (ability to control bonding at the molecular level) i'm not even 100% sure intangibility would stop mags from harming loki (see bullet feat). i think it could be an interesting battle if this is mags at the height of his power. that said, i still think the better case can be made for loki, no doubt.

yaadaveyaa
i guess my initial post was basically saying mags can take fights solo so the xmen win the forum battle against loki thats all i def think mags puts up a hell of a fight he is a little outmatched he could potentially get out smarted

ODG
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
i guess my initial post was basically saying mags can take fights solo so the xmen win the forum battle against loki thats all i def think mags puts up a hell of a fight he is a little outmatched he could potentially get out smarted Loki's soloed the X-Men also. And who would be outmatched, Loki or Magneto? The phrasing of your sentence is a little confusing.

Remember the time when Darwin "killed" Hela? she wasnt jobbed, omega mutants are just being written to match their hype, finally. mutants are the seeds celestials sowed to originate future abstracts after all. he didnt kill her either, he became a death god and acquired instinctive knowledge of her dumb cowl weakness.

And yet when confronted with Hulk of all people his powers thought the best way to adapt was to be far away. Psh. the crystal wasnt attacking him, he adapted to its environment to get chuck, his powers simply follow the easiest way out, but he couldn't self-bfr when dealing with hella because she prevented teleportation with a spell. this forced his response into a more pro-active direction.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by ODG
Loki's soloed the X-Men also. And who would be outmatched, Loki or Magneto? The phrasing of your sentence is a little confusing.

sorry about that mags is outmatched he loses 1 on 1 but with the xmen i think they take a majority from loki

ODG
sorry about that mags is outmatched he loses 1 on 1 but with the xmen i think they take a majority from loki Not a position I'd take, but a position I can certainly respect.

leonidas
i guess my initial post was basically saying mags can take fights solo so the xmen win the forum battle against loki thats all i def think mags puts up a hell of a fight he is a little outmatched he could potentially get out smarted

i agree that it would be a solid and entertaining fight. thumb up still not sure about the majority though. loki can certainly win, but i think a case could be made for the xmen as well. it would be interesting to see emma confront loki. the verbal sparring between them alone would be worth the price of admission. she could also help counter his illusions, bobby could add some additional protection, etc... they can def get some wins, imo, but i still might go with a slight overall edge to loki. he's a tricky phukcer.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by leonidas
i agree that it would be a solid and entertaining fight. thumb up still not sure about the majority though. loki can certainly win, but i think a case could be made for the xmen as well. it would be interesting to see emma confront loki. the verbal sparring between them alone would be worth the price of admission. she could also help counter his illusions, bobby could add some additional protection, etc... they can def get some wins, imo, but i still might go with a slight overall edge to loki. he's a tricky phukcer.

yea i really didnt give much thought to his illisions he is a tricky lil bastard it would def b close bobby would b trouble for loki as well if the xmen fight smart they can def pull wins emma keeps them from being mind raped for the most part who has the better tp feats between emma and loki im curious

leonidas
yea i really didnt give much thought to his illisions he is a tricky lil bastard it would def b close bobby would b trouble for loki as well if the xmen fight smart they can def pull wins emma keeps them from being mind raped for the most part who has the better tp feats between emma and loki im curious

in a tp battle, it's a lot easier i think to make a case for emma based on sheer volume of feats. loki def HAS some strong tp though--he can hypnotize people very quickly, and has shown some long range tp as well. not sure what his single best tp feat might be--rage or odg might have something more there off-hand. me, i'd need to look it up and....that's not gonna happen my friend. smile loki might have greater scope of power (maybe) but i'd be hard-pressed to say he's more skilled than she would be (though logic might say he should be) and more hard-pressed to prove it. she'd def come in handy in this battle.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I've seen Enchantress no-sell and laugh at Xavier. Loki also used his magic to augment Sandu to the most powerful mutant -telepath- on the planet. Emma would probably be outmatched trying to play tricks on Loki.

well, it would a little on how loki went about things imo. blasts wouldn't work. i don't think tp would work. he could try what you said, but could he do that through mag's shield? not so sure. maybe though. i think his best bet (and what he'd do in a comic) would be to fool mags with tricks and illusions to get him to drop his shields. at that point he could take him out pretty easily. he could also likely bfr mags if that were allowed.

i think mags could definitely hurt loki though with blasting. asgardians also bleed so there is the old blood trick. mags has shown some very solid exotic energy control as well and given the nature of his powers (ability to control bonding at the molecular level) i'm not even 100% sure intangibility would stop mags from harming loki (see bullet feat). i think it could be an interesting battle if this is mags at the height of his power. that said, i still think the better case can be made for loki, no doubt.

Magneto's shield has been shown to stop various forms of physical energy but keeping Loki out? I think it would be a challenge directly:
He has easily gotten through Galactus' barrier for example, his Astral Form alone almost easily broke Strange's Eye of Agamatto barrier, he even reversed the polarity of Sue Storm's force field:
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Loki%20Sorcery/LokiEnergyManipulation10FirstThunder5.jpg.html

And how would Magnus keep Loki's magic out? Usually I'd support Magneto's defenses but he faces a being even more plot device like powers here.

yaadaveyaa
I've seen Enchantress no-sell and laugh at Xavier. Loki also used his magic to augment a mutant to the most powerful mutant -telepath- on the planet. Emma would probably be outmatched.

Magneto's shield has been shown to stop various forms of physical energy but keeping Loki out? I think it would be a challenge directly:
He has easily gotten through Galactus' barrier for example, his Astral Form alone almost easily broke Strange's Eye of Agamatto barrier, reversed the polarity of Sue Storm's force field.

And how would Magnus keep Loki's magic out? Usually I'd support Magneto's defenses but he faces a being even more plot device like powers here.

yea i wasnt aware his magic would be able to break down things like strange or sue storms force field that is def some seriously powerful stuff i may have to rethink my mags vs loki argument if hes overpowering shields like that mags would be on par maybe a little less powerful as far as shields go i would have thought eric could keep most of loki's physical and magical attacks out while he barrages him with anything metal

leonidas
I've seen Enchantress no-sell and laugh at Xavier. Loki also used his magic to augment a mutant to the most powerful mutant -telepath- on the planet. Emma would probably be outmatched.

ah yes, i recall the enchantress scene. was there more to it? i wonder if there is a little PIS at work there. did they face each other again? maybe i'm wrong but it feels like there was more. not sure i'd ever pick amora over chuck. amora vs enchantress would be hella entertaining i'd wager.

an astral attack may work, but it hasn't proven very effective for chuck in the past, so not sure. and i'm not really going to debate this because i think you're right about the plot device nature of loki's powers and i've already said i think loki would take a good majority. his ability in a book to whip up something new makes it tough to make a strong case for mags.

in his defense though, his shields ALSO seem to be plot driven much of the time. it's even kept out teleporters in the past. he's also had a battle with the defenders in the past, and his powers were effective against strange in those early days, though they didn't have too much direct interaction. like i said, i think the easier case can be made for loki in a 1on1 battle with mags, but i can see mag's own plot device shields working against some stuff that maybe it shouldn't. i still think he's capable of taking some from loki and in a book i think it would be a fun fight to watch.

abhilegend
Magneto no sold Ghost rider's hellfire and there was another instance where his shield no sold magic.

JakeTheBank
really? hows loki damaging mags? hes getting thru this shields hes not his brother

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Loki just b1tched out Erik's shields like he did Invisible Woman's (albeit with more effort as he effortlessly punked Susan's).

I mean, Loki could just turn Magneto's helmet into a goddamn wooden bucket and then proceed to assault him telepathically. Hell, Loki can assault people from across dimensions. He doesn't even have to be near Magneto at all to engage him directly.

Conversely, I don't what Magneto could reliably do to Loki considering Loki's powerset makes him effectively a low-level reality warper.

leonidas
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Loki just b1tched out Erik's shields like he did Invisible Woman's (albeit with more effort as he effortlessly punked Susan's).

I mean, Loki could just turn Magneto's helmet into a goddamn wooden bucket and then proceed to assault him telepathically. Hell, Loki can assault people from across dimensions. He doesn't even have to be near Magneto at all to engage him directly.

Conversely, I don't what Magneto could reliably do to Loki considering Loki's powerset makes him effectively a low-level reality warper.

which is why i said on average. loki's powers CAN be plot driven, but in a comic he wouldn't be attacking from asgard (he couldn't here anyway). he very well could by-pass mag's shields, but i could also see his shields protecting him. no one that i can think of has ever just no-sold his shields, including doom in a couple confrontations. i think we need to be careful not to go full forum-loki. and there is no need to because his usual methods would give him a good majority here i think, but like i said, imo mags has the feats to indicate he could take some in a 1on1 battle. add in the rest of the xmen and i think the team would certainly make loki work very hard for most of his wins.

Branlor Swift
Loki can already read Magneto's mind from miles away with his helmet on
http://i39.tinypic.com/2u9jntz.jpg

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Lol, wow. I didn't even know that existed until now.

Yeah, Magneto's kinda phucked.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Damn, pretty impressive just penetrating Magneto's psychic defenses so easily and casually. And without him noticing.

Branlor Swift
Lol, wow. I didn't even know that existed until now.

Yeah, Magneto's kinda phucked. I've been going through Acts of Vengeance for the last couple of days. Interesting stuff.

Loki is def a top of the line dooder.

JakeTheBank
thumb up

I'll have to reread it myself. That feat should definitely be added to Loki's respect thread.

Rage.Of.Olympus
ah yes, i recall the enchantress scene. was there more to it? i wonder if there is a little PIS at work there. did they face each other again? maybe i'm wrong but it feels like there was more. not sure i'd ever pick amora over chuck. amora vs enchantress would be hella entertaining i'd wager.

I don't remember all the details, the feats are probably in her respect thread. I don't believe they have. Well you should definitely consider it based on their meeting lol. Amora has some crazy feats under her belt.

an astral attack may work, but it hasn't proven very effective for chuck in the past, so not sure. and i'm not really going to debate this because i think you're right about the plot device nature of loki's powers and i've already said i think loki would take a good majority. his ability in a book to whip up something new makes it tough to make a strong case for mags.

in his defense though, his shields ALSO seem to be plot driven much of the time. it's even kept out teleporters in the past. he's also had a battle with the defenders in the past, and his powers were effective against strange in those early days, though they didn't have too much direct interaction. like i said, i think the easier case can be made for loki in a 1on1 battle with mags, but i can see mag's own plot device shields working against some stuff that maybe it shouldn't. i still think he's capable of taking some from loki and in a book i think it would be a fun fight to watch.

No I meant, Loki almost broke through Strange's defenses while in Astral Form. In that form, Loki only has a fraction of his full might, which makes it particularly impressive. Not sure how Magneto would go about stopping an Astral attack by Loki.

I remember him knocking out Strange with a magnetic wave by surprise, but that doesn't really mean much. Alright, fair enough I guess.

I can definitely see Magneto giving Loki a fight but I can just as well see him getting owned. Due to his mystical side at least.

Branlor Swift
thumb up

I'll have to reread it myself. That feat should definitely be added to Loki's respect thread. Same with Loki's room he made for all the villains if it isn't.

He also laughed off the Controller's disc, and Red Skull was all like "****"

Makes it even more crazy for what Apoc did.

Supra
Magnus wins

leonidas

i'd forgotten acts of vengeance. i really liked that arc though i found the conclusion pretty meh. my fave was the kingpin/red skull fight.

anyway, it's an impressive feat but like i said, i don't think it would be an easy win for loki and with his shields up it might be a different thing altogether.

Supra
Colossus and Magneto are going to be a problem, wolverine will keep getting back up causing distractions and im sure he can cut or injure Loki with his claws. Iceman will have little effect on him since he is a frost giant by birth, I dont think emma could do anything really she would just sit there looking pretty.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Colossus is a non-factor, and Wolverine is pretty much f*cked because he's facing someone who can rape his metal just as badly as Magneto can.

Magneto is the only real problem, and he still loses more often then not.

ODG
Originally posted by Supra
Colossus and Magneto are going to be a problem, wolverine will keep getting back up causing distractions and im sure he can cut or injure Loki with his claws. Iceman will have little effect on him since he is a frost giant by birth, I dont think emma could do anything really she would just sit there looking pretty. Loki's already one-shotted Colossus with a casual finger blast:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Stats/LokiBlastPower04UXMAnnual9.jpg

Supra
Originally posted by ODG
Loki's already one-shotted Colossus with a casual finger blast:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Stats/LokiBlastPower04UXMAnnual9.jpg

ok cool thanks for the scan

How do you thinnk will he kill Wolverine?

If he can take down logan, erik and colossus then loki wins.

ODG
^ This thread isn't to the death. If it were, Loki'd just shapeshift into Iron Fist and fist him to death then.

Supra
Originally posted by ODG
^ This thread isn't to the death. If it were, Loki'd just shapeshift into Iron Fist and fist him to death then.

I must have missed it saying it was not to the death.

jitay
why is Loki a kid in young avengers?

TheGodKiller
Loki wins without a shadow of a doubt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.