Star Wars: Rebels!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/177015-new-star-wars-animated-series-star-wars-rebels-coming-fall-2014

0bdfFos3PYQ

Coming Fall, 2014.

Imaginary
I'm very excited for this.

ares834
Oh sweet lord yes! Hopefully Vader makes several awesome appearances in it.

Edit: Oh shit, Greg Weisman is working in this as well!? Even better!

DARTH POWER
Awesome! Let's see Darth Vader killing some Jedi please!

Bonus point of this, it can pretty much carry on where TCW left off. With ROTS in between of course.

BruceSkywalker
not a surprise.. looking forward to seeing this

marwash22
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Awesome! Let's see Darth Vader killing some Jedi please!

Bonus point of this, it can pretty much carry on where TCW left off. With ROTS in between of course. article says it takes place after RotS. so basically we're gonna see what takes place before Luke grows up.

Kazenji
He could still kill jedi in it with alot of them being in exile.

marwash22
definitely.

we're probably gonna get to see young pissed off Vader on a rampage.

my body is ready.

DARTH POWER
Oh I hope Vader is a regular in it, and James Earl Jones does the voice.

Galan007
I'd be surprised if JEJ narrates Vader consistently. Either way, this should help give some depth to Vader as a character, imo.

It'd also be nice to see Kenobi and Yoda play some sort of role in this. Surely they had some type of adventures during the 19 year hiatus between RotS and ANH. /shrug

DARTH POWER
Not sure which interview now but I remember JEJ saying he would be willing to voice Vader on a regular basis, because money's money Lol.

It's not like it would be every episode anyway. Just count how many episodes Count Dooku has been in TCW. It's really only a few. There was only 1 appearance via hologram in the whole of the last season. I think he was completely absent in season 2 as well.

Yes I too would like to see what Obi-Wan was up to all those years. Hopefully it all leads up to making the Vader vs Ben fight in ANH more believable.

NTJack0
Wonder what the chances are of Vader becoming what Grievous was in the Clone Wars.

Kazenji
Hunting down Jedi?

Vensai
It'll be great to see the original trilogy characters again.

DARTH POWER
It's actually a smart move leading up to Episode VII.

I wonder if we'll see the beginnings of Han Solo and Chewbacca's partnership?

Kazenji
Or even if we will see Han Solo as a imperial officer in the navy.

Vensai
I wonder if there will be TFU references considering Galen's voice actor might be willing to participate.

FistOfThe North
Should'a been called "Star Wars: Rebel Alliance".

Vensai
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Should'a been called "Star Wars: Rebel Alliance".
I figure the show will also focus sufficiently on the imperials as well, especially Vader.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Vensai
I figure the show will also focus sufficiently on the imperials as well, especially Vader.

They should. It's whom they're rebelling against.

Vensai
They should. It's whom they're rebelling against.
Yeah, but shows sometimes push aside the bad guys in order to focus on the heroes.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Vensai
Yeah, but shows sometimes push aside the bad guys in order to focus on the heroes.

Well it is titled "Star Wars: Rebels". So the focus would be more on them than the bad guys.

It's their (the heroes') story.

Vensai
I wonder who the "main heroes" will be. Possibly Leia, Bail, etc. Maybe Galen will make an appearance or mention.

FistOfThe North
Yoda'll be there, of course ...

Vensai
Yoda'll be there, of course ...
Rumors are he will have an arc in the released season 6 arcs from the now cancelled TCW, or so I heard. Recently a Plo Koon clip came out so I'm assuming they are still working on it.

DARTH POWER
^ I really hope we just one time get to see Plo Koon kicking some ass before the show is finished for good.

Vensai
^ I really hope we just one time get to see Plo Koon kicking some ass before the show is finished for good.
It would be nice, but they will probably focus on tying up the arcs involving Maul, Mandalore, etc.

FistOfThe North
'Rebels' Logo and Art Revealed

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/in-looking-forward---star-wars--looks-back---rebels--logo-and-art-revealed-233639338.html

dadudemon
Originally posted by marwash22
definitely.

we're probably gonna get to see young pissed off Vader on a rampage.

my body is ready.

laughing laughing laughing

Vensai
'Rebels' Logo and Art Revealed

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/in-looking-forward---star-wars--looks-back---rebels--logo-and-art-revealed-233639338.html
Looks like a good start. Hope some quality footage is eventually shown.

Kickballjedi
I figure all the B grade heroes from the OT. Bail, Mon Mothma, young Ackbar... wait, there's a Bail Antilles and Bail Organa? Common first name I guess. General Doddonna, General Madine, maybe some Bothens.

Vensai
Originally posted by Kickballjedi
I figure all the B grade heroes from the OT. Bail, Mon Mothma, young Ackbar... wait, there's a Bail Antilles and Bail Organa? Common first name I guess. General Doddonna, General Madine, maybe some Bothens.
Probably. Some Han Solo wouldn't hurt either

Doctorwho?
I hope we get to see some early signs of Han and Boba's rivalry.

Hybris
I can only hope for this character to make his appearance:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Manuel_Both-Hanz

Kickballjedi
Originally posted by Hybris
I can only hope for this character to make his appearance:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Manuel_Both-Hanz

Ha, that's pretty good. I created a character on a Star Wars Galaxies board once, Xwarko Schlempkin, he was a peon on the Death Star 2 who managed to survive by clinging to a large chunk that eventually fell to the Endor Moon. After wandering lost for several days he came upon the cooling armor of Darth Vader. The armor easily survived the flames, only the Jedi within was burned to ashes. So Xwarko proceeded to put on the armor and impersonate Darth Vader with hilarious consequences!

Doctorwho?
^ that is the most stupid thing I have ever read in my life, and I have read twilight...

Vensai
Originally posted by Doctorwho?
I hope we get to see some early signs of Han and Boba's rivalry.
Boba has a good chance of appearing, not sure about Han but if they get Ford to voice him...

Doctorwho?
He might do it..if they offer him a bit of money

Doctorwho?
Good thing is at least he will look young :P

DARTH POWER
So Freddy Prince Jr playing a role:

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2013/09/23/star-wars-rebels-begins-casting/

Can't wait to find out who the main characters are.

DARTH POWER
Rebels Teaser:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/08/first-star-wars-rebels-teaser

DARTH POWER
So new villain for the series, The Inquisitor??

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/star-wars-rebels-villain-revealed-647874?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed& amp;utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Fnews+(The+Hollywood
+Reporter+-+Top+Stories)

Looks like he'll be the one hunting down the Jedi. Damn I wanted Darth Vader to be doing that!

ares834
Hmm... Good.

This way Vader won't suffer villain decay like Grievous and Ventress and become increasingly incompetent. Rather he should be used sparingly and, when he does show up, the heroes lose.

DARTH POWER
Good point. I'm guessing the more Vader centered stories will be those rare ones we always look forward to. Whilst this new guy will probably be in every other episode.

BruceSkywalker
this looks interesting..

here's hoping The Inquisitor have some good power and skills

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this looks interesting..

here's hoping The Inquisitor have some good power and skills

Damn. They just keep adding dudes to Vaders party, huh?

Bet they'll be like 4 more in the next 5 years. Gay.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by ares834
Hmm... Good.

This way Vader won't suffer villain decay like Grievous and Ventress and become increasingly incompetent. Rather he should be used sparingly and, when he does show up, the heroes lose. I hope Vader shows up as much as Dooku did in Clone Wars. Dooku didn't loose any stock and in fact he was mostly portrayed as a bad motherf*cker.

Kazenji

The Vader gang from the westside of the empire.

Allankles

I concur. Plus the Rebellion era has been covered ad nauseum imo.It also was fairly juvenile considering it was an out and out civil war i.e. the muks were killing their own.

EDIT: Frustration talkin, I honestly hoped that at the very least the Disney acquisition would see them break new ground. Maybe after Episode 7? Here's hoping.

Galan007
So new villain for the series, The Inquisitor??

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/star-wars-rebels-villain-revealed-647874?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed& amp;utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Fnews+(The+Hollywood
+Reporter+-+Top+Stories)

Looks like he'll be the one hunting down the Jedi. Damn I wanted Darth Vader to be doing that! mmm

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/1/1f/SonHS-SWE.jpg

mhmm

DARTH POWER
^ Oh yeah! I thought he seemed familiar!Maybe they're trying to tell us something.

Let's see.. Sam Witwer did the voice for The Son who looks like this new Inquisitor. Sam Witwer also did the voice for Maul in TCW, and the Inquisitor seems to have a double bladed Lightsaber like Maul.

So clearly they're trying to tell us the Inquisitor is Maul reincarnated.

Dolos
I want to see Vader merking the Jedi.

The_Tempest
Frankly, this continues to hover around moderate interest for me. The story is constrained by the setting.

The Empire, while not as all-powerful as Palpatine might tell himself, is ubiquitous and pretty much supremely dominant. The rebellion as we know it has yet to be formally established and A New Hope's opening crawl makes it pretty clear that, for all intents and purposes, major victories against the Empire prior to Yavin were exceptionally rare.

You can't openly and epically challenge the Empire without damaging or compromising its narrative purpose and undermining the OT, especially for 22-episodes and many seasons.

I'm all for small scale subtle works, but that's generally best left to novels, where such intimate stories are better depicted. Visual Star Wars needs to be epic on some level and I don't think the time period lends itself well to that necessity.

Especially when it'll be following the same group of characters from the same planet.

Allankles
Rebels is a colossal waste of space. Could have used the time to set up Episode 7 or somethin :shrugs:

Galan007
I don't think we will be seeing very many victories for the Rebellion aside, perhaps, from a skirmish here and there. I think this series will focus primarily on how the Rebel Alliance was formed from ground zero-- show them foraging the galaxy for any sort of tech(however archaic) they can get their hands on, gaining allies here and there, setting up a formal base of operations, etc.-- all they while evading the Empire as much as possible. The Rebellion will be extremely crude in this series, and really not a legit threat to the Empire at all.

Aside from that, we will likely see random Sith/Bounty Hunters/Mercs/etc. prowling the galaxy for remaining Jedi(along with the newly-formed Rebels) and slaughtering them-- we'll also see Vader pop-in every now and then to slay the more powerful foes, dues ex machina style.

...That's how I *hope* it goes down, at least.

Allankles
We already saw how bloody and pointless the Rebellion became, persecuting a naive vendetta against countless people only because they chose to be Imperials. Blah, close the chapter and move on Lucasarts, we've seen this before.

But to be fair the Imperial hierarchy should have known better as well, following imbeciles like Daala sealed their destiny.

Allankles
^ Oh yeah! I thought he seemed familiar!Maybe they're trying to tell us something.

Let's see.. Sam Witwer did the voice for The Son who looks like this new Inquisitor. Sam Witwer also did the voice for Maul in TCW, and the Inquisitor seems to have a double bladed Lightsaber like Maul.

So clearly they're trying to tell us the Inquisitor is Maul reincarnated.

He also did the voice of Anakin in TCW. Does this guy have some kind of love affair with juvenile tragic types or what?

DARTH POWER
Sam Witwer didn't voice Anakin. That's Matt Lanter from 90210.

Allankles
Could have fooled me, they sound a lot alike. Cool to know.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Galan007
I don't think we will be seeing very many victories for the Rebellion aside, perhaps, from a skirmish here and there. I think this series will focus primarily on how the Rebel Alliance was formed from ground zero-- show them foraging the galaxy for any sort of tech(however archaic) they can get their hands on, gaining allies here and there, setting up a formal base of operations, etc.-- all they while evading the Empire as much as possible. The Rebellion will be extremely crude in this series, and really not a legit threat to the Empire at all.

Aside from that, we will likely see random Sith/Bounty Hunters/Mercs/etc. prowling the galaxy for remaining Jedi(along with the newly-formed Rebels) and slaughtering them-- we'll also see Vader pop-in every now and then to slay the more powerful foes, dues ex machina style.

...That's how I *hope* it goes down, at least.

Perhaps.

But still, I don't think this was the best idea. The decision not to carry on with TCW is bewildering. Though far from perfect, its concept was much more promising.

Galan007
Oh yeah. I agree with you there.

ares834
I actually really like the time period. They could certainly do some really cool stories IMO. Plus, one of my favorite CW episodes was The Jedi Who Knew Too Much which was pretty much a Dark Time story anyway.

The_Tempest
Oh, I love the time period as well. And I love TJWKTM.

But I don't think that this time period and the proposed story lends itself well to a full length animated television series.

Allankles
Originally posted by The_Tempest

But I don't think that this time period and the proposed story lends itself well to a full length animated television series.

It's not so much even the time period, these peeps didn't even try to make this look good or intelligent. Meh!

DARTH POWER
Perhaps.

But still, I don't think this was the best idea. The decision not to carry on with TCW is bewildering. Though far from perfect, its concept was much more promising.

It seems Disney wants to completely drop anything Prequel era. Rebels will obviously be more OT era. And we can expect any future projects will be either OT or the new Sequel Era. Might still get TOR era with novels and video games, but PT era will likely never touched upon again after TCW bonus material is out.

atv2
I'm glad that they will keep going with the Starwars series after the clone wars.

Shey Tapani

It all depends on the creators and their imagination. there could be great stories in any era.

Shey Tapani
So we get a cowboy Jedi:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/02/11/freddie-prinze-jr-star-wars-rebels-first-look/4802651/

Kind off dissapointed that we will have a Jedi protagonist, but he looks fun.

I really hope that we will see a bunch of other Purge suriviors die after they team up with him.

Empetojayos Brand, Djiann Altis, Master Zao, Thracia Cho Leem, Quinlan Vos, Tholme and soo on. The possibilities are endless. We can see some of them finally die reducing the gigantic number of Order 66 surviviors.

Galan007
I really don't want to see Vos die. He's got one of the best post-Order 666 stories in existence, imo.

Shey Tapani
You can still have Korto Vos.

Galan007
Phuck Korto. thumb down

Shey Tapani
Why? He is so cute.

-Pr-
Short clip:

a8uJXFxfmiE

King Joker
The animation is growing on me, and Hera is probably my favorite Rebels character so far...

Syndicate
I'm a little apprehensive to be honest the Jedi Purge was a time of darkness and terror yet hope remained. I don't know if Disney will be able to pull off something like this but I'm trying to have faith.

DARTH POWER
First full trailer:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40916

The animation looks really good. I was on a proper high over the stormtroopers. I can't wait to see Vader's inevitable appearance.

-Pr-
**** yeah. Can't wait.

King Joker
The animation sucks ass IMO. Though the Stormtroopers do look good.

PTforthewin
Can't wait! Clone wars was awesome this must be too!

Oneness
Originally posted by PTforthewin
Can't wait! Clone wars was awesome this must be too! It will be better. It has Vader.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Oneness
It will be better. It has Vader.

That's not confirmed.

King Joker
So apparently season 1 of Rebels has only 16 episodes.

DARTH POWER
Extended Trailer featuring Obi-Wan Kenobi in hologram form:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/07/22/new-extended-star-wars-rebels-trailer

ares834
Love the Kenobi speech.

The_Tempest
Trailer looks good. Kinberg and Weisman will undoubtedly do a great job; it's a shame George micromanaged TCW as much as he did. Still not super pumped about it, though.

DARTH POWER
I think the fact that it's about all new characters will make it a harder sell than TCW.

The most exciting episodes will be when someone like Obi-Wan or Boba Fett makes an appearance.

Still interested in seeing this Inquisitor in action. And dying to know if Vader will have a significant part in the show.

The_Tempest
See, I think TCW would have benefited immensely from following original characters more. I hope Vader's presence is minimal, if not outright non-existent.

DARTH POWER
See, I think TCW would have benefited immensely from following original characters more.

Quality wise? Yeah probably. But like I said from a marketing perspective it's a harder sell.

I hope Vader's presence is minimal, if not outright non-existent.

He needs new Canon stories Imo. Since all his original EU stuff is out of the window now.

ares834
Nah. Vader should hardly be used. Use him like Sidious. Only have him show up physically once or twice in the series and maybe the occasional hologram. And when he does show up, shit goes down and people die.

King Joker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYkXif5Q2mA

King Joker
Y'all exited for Unduli in Rebels?

http://i.imgur.com/YDavK9F.png?2

DARTH POWER
Decent pilot. Wasn't sure how I felt about a show not focusing on the main movie characters without many Jedi around.

But it turned out to be quite refreshing actually. And damn I loved seeing Storm Troopers again.

Fated Xtasy
Decent pilot. Wasn't sure how I felt about a show not focusing on the main movie characters without many Jedi around.

But it turned out to be quite refreshing actually. And damn I loved seeing Storm Troopers again.

While i complete agree with you, i sort of got that disney "vibe" from it at times. But evidently it was a good pilot and i was left wanting more. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us next.

King Joker
Rescuing Unduli from The Spire and finding out she's been dead is pretty dark.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by King Joker

lol true, but to be fair, it was only a small disney vibe that got immediately overridden by the nostalgia the pilot hit me with.

BruceSkywalker
movie could've been better..

ares834

Wait wut? This makes me pleased.

DARTH POWER
LOL Well they really couldn't wait long to show us Vader:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/09/star-wars-rebels-james-earl-jones-to-voice-darth-vader

Fated Xtasy
LOL Well they really couldn't wait long to show us Vader:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/09/star-wars-rebels-james-earl-jones-to-voice-darth-vader

And they got Earl Jones and not Matt Sloan. Pretty cool, looks like their doing a lot to try and bring in more viewers.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
And they got Earl Jones and not Matt Sloan. Pretty cool, looks like their doing a lot to try and bring in more viewers.

It's great we're getting James Earl Jones as Vader. But let's face it, we all knew we were going to get Vader on this show at some point, I just assumed they were going to make us wait for it. Clearly not.

Who knows at this rate we might have Darth Maul show up by the end of the season. Not that I'd complain wink

Fated Xtasy
It's great we're getting James Earl Jones as Vader. But let's face it, we all knew we were going to get Vader on this show at some point, I just assumed they were going to make us wait for it. Clearly not.

Yeah, lol you're right. Though, it seems like a dumb move to show Vader this early into the series, But maybe they have bigger things planned, hopefully they do good.

I think the only people that will possibly show up in Rebels are.

#1. Maul(This is going to happen, i might not like it, but he deserves a good death)

#2. Quinlan Vos(He was active in the old EU comics around the rebellion era right?)

#3. Ahsoka Tano(Ahsoka Vs Vader has to happen)

$4. Boba Fett(I think this is pretty much a given)

I'd like to say Shaak Ti, but judging by Yoda's vision, i doubt she survived Order 66 sad

KingD19
Shaak Ti made it into Force Unleashed which happened after Order 66 was issued. I know the Canon gets tossed around sometimes but I think they can have her show up if they want to.

DARTH POWER

I think the only people that will possibly show up in Rebels are.

#1. Maul(This is going to happen, i might not like it, but he deserves a good death)

#2. Quinlan Vos(He was active in the old EU comics around the rebellion era right?)

#3. Ahsoka Tano(Ahsoka Vs Vader has to happen)

$4. Boba Fett(I think this is pretty much a given)

Plus the main PT/OT Characters are bound to show up. Kenobi/Sidious. Probably even a cameo by Yoda at some point.

It's the advantage of this time period. The setting is more or less the OT, whilst being at a time where it can serve as a sequel to TCW.

That being said, hopefully these characters will just show up in "special" episodes. As the pilot was kind of refreshing focusing on all new characters.

Galan007
If Quinlan shows up, this automatically becomes the best SW material in existence. thumb up

KingD19
Quinlan already showed up in Clone Wars right?

Galan007
Yeah, he popped up in one episode, iirc. He was crappily portrayed, though.

Ace Hambone
This is looking like a Star Wars/Disney remake of Firefly.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Ace Hambone
This is looking like a Star Wars/Disney remake of Firefly.

Firefly with Lightsabers.. How cool is that?

Ace Hambone
Light sabers and Alladin!

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Ace Hambone
Light sabers and Alladin!

LOL that's so freaking accurate. thumb up

Jmanghan
Originally posted by KingD19
Shaak Ti made it into Force Unleashed which happened after Order 66 was issued. I know the Canon gets tossed around sometimes but I think they can have her show up if they want to. Force Unleashed 1 could be Canon if you can stretch your imagination a bit, as for the sequels, I doubt it severely.

Jmanghan
Asajj Ventress turned to the light side near the end of the Clone Wars series I think, so we may see her.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Asajj Ventress turned to the light side near the end of the Clone Wars series I think, so we may see her.

That really depends on what Happens in the Quinlan Vos novel. She could die and i doubt she'll appear in an episode until after the book has been released and if she survived.

Galan007
the Quinlan Vos novel. I didn't realize this was actually happening!!! My body couldn't be moar ready! dustywanky

...Shame I have to wait until July, 2015 to read it, though. sad

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Force Unleashed 1 could be Canon if you can stretch your imagination a bit, as for the sequels, I doubt it severely.

No TFU's not canon. It's Legends. And it without a doubt will end up contradicting how the rebellion came about to what Rebels will show.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Galan007
I didn't realize this was actually happening!!! My body couldn't be moar ready! dustywanky

That smiley tho....

I know, its gonna suck, but at least we'll be getting more of Rebels. So far it's just a few filler episodes, but it's pretty good tbh.

Galan007
Filoni gives us a pretty informative look at the main antagonist(s) of Rebels--especially the Inquisitor:
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/20581454_swi-153-pg12.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/20581465_swi-153-pg13.jpg

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/20581475_swi-153-pg14.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/20581508_swi-153-pg15.jpg

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/20581533_swi-153-pg16.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/20581554_swi-153-pg17.jpg

-Star Wars Insider #153

BruceSkywalker
does anyone know when the inquisitor will actually come in and start fighting people?

ares834
Next episode actually.

BruceSkywalker
Next episode actually.

good, i'll make sure to set my dvr

DARTH POWER
And I think Luminara might be in next week since its called "Masters of Old."

So I'll just wait until next week to catch up since they will likely be 2 great episodes for me to watch by then, and I hate watching just 20mins at a time.

DARTH POWER
its called "Masters of Old."

Make that "Rise of the Old Masters."

ares834
So the newest episode was pretty great. Inquisitor was really badass. Only one episode in and he is already a far more intimidating and better villain than any of the antagonists in TCW (besides Sheev himself).

DARTH POWER
This is getting a lot less viewers than TCW. Does Disney XD not got as many viewers as Cartoon Network. Or are people just not interested in new characters not seen in the films?

ares834
Disney XD gets far fewer viewers.

Specifically for shows like this.

Fated Xtasy
http://oi62.tinypic.com/344tqms.jpg

Zeb X Ezra

http://media.tumblr.com/a77986f62294cb15b90ecbefe2f43765/tumblr_inline_mop276OxRv1qz4rgp.gif

Sad thing is i'm only half-joking ._.

Also that looks so suggestive....

King Joker
Yeah, not many people have Disney XD. Which is why the ratings are so low. Though, given the massive promotional campaign I expected it to do a lot better. But, all that really matters is if it does good relative to other Disney XD shows.

As for the episode, Rise of the Old Masters, I felt it was rushed as ****. Like, we really need more explanation on Luminara. Did she die in Imperial custody? Did she die during or after Order 66? Was that her ghost/spirit? Hologram? (nah). Some sort of Sith alchemy goin' on? TELL ME!

And it kind of sucks we already saw like 90% of the Kanan vs. Inquisitor fight from trailers and stuff.

I'd give the episode like a 6/10. Maybe they'll explain what happened to Unduli later in the season, or in a book or comic. Rise of the Old Masters should've been a two-parter.

ares834
It was clearly a hologram. I'm not sure why so many people think otherwise. We even see it do the tell tale fizzle when she steps into her coffin.

King Joker
How is it clearly a hologram? It doesn't look like a hologram to me, and I doubt it's that simple. And from what I remember, she more morphed into her coffin than fizzled in it. Plus, there's the fact Kanan sensed her when they first entered The Spire.

BruceSkywalker
finally an inquisitor siting next week big grin

KingD19
It seemed to be, as a very powerful Master that Luminara manifested a Force Ghost. However due to the conditions she was kept in and how the empire was using her, it's power was weakened and she couldn't warn any of the Jedi away. So she could only react with sadness because she thought Kanan was going to get killed like others.

ares834
Force ghosts don't look like that.

KingD19
Neither do holograms

ares834
Originally posted by KingD19
Neither do holograms

There have been colored holograms before. Anyway, if it's a force power it would likely be an illusion not a spirit. But I doubt the Inquisitor is capable of such a feat.

King Joker

ares834
Sith Alchemy is no longer canon.

King Joker
That doesn't mean they can't make it canon. erm They still borrow stuff from the EU, occasionally.

I think they did something Sith-y on her, whether you want to call it alchemy or not.

ares834
Double

ares834
That doesn't mean they can't make it canon. erm They still borrow stuff from the EU, occasionally.

I think they did something Sith-y on her, whether you want to call it alchemy or not.

Not like that. If it's a force power it's an illusion. Having Sith be able to keep ghosts around seems to conflict with the notion created by TCW's Yoda arc that Sith don't believe in life after death. Beyond that it's a power that seems to be far beyond the Inquisitor.

Beyond that retaining your identity after death is a very rare power. Qui-Gon is supposedly the first Jedi to ever do so and Yoda/Kenobi perfected it.

King Joker
Not like that. If it's a force power it's an illusion. Having Sith be able to keep ghosts around seems to conflict with the notion created by TCW's Yoda arc that Sith don't believe in life after death. Beyond that it's a power that seems to be far beyond the Inquisitor.

Why? Dooku and Sidious did some Sith spells/alchemy or something in the Yoda S6 arc. They brought that in the canon, don't know why bringing alchemy in would be crazy.

It would've been either Vader or Palpatine or both doing any of the Sith alchemy. I 100% agree that that would be far over Inquisitor's power level. And weren't there ancient Sith spirits on Moraband? I think I need to re-watch that arc.

ares834
Why? Dooku and Sidious did some Sith spells/alchemy or something in the Yoda S6 arc. They brought that in the canon, don't know why bringing alchemy in would be crazy.

It would've been either Vader or Palpatine or both doing any of the Sith alchemy. I 100% agree that that would be far over Inquisitor's power level. And weren't there ancient Sith spirits on Moraband? I think I need to re-watch that arc.

The Sith don't believe in the afterlife. If they could bring spirits back from death that would contradict it. And while I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back alchemy (as you note they brought back Sith sorcery) I'm very doubtful that they will give the Sith the power to call forth spirits.

As for the spirits on Moraband, they are confirmed to be illusions created by the Priestess. Sorta disappointing IMO, they should at least have been illusions created by the dark side like Vader was in the cave at Dagobah.

Jmanghan
Yoda solo's.

King Joker
The Sith don't believe in the afterlife. If they could bring spirits back from death that would contradict it. And while I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back alchemy (as you note they brought back Sith sorcery) I'm very doubtful that they will give the Sith the power to call forth spirits.

As for the spirits on Moraband, they are confirmed to be illusions created by the Priestess. Sorta disappointing IMO, they should at least have been illusions created by the dark side like Vader was in the cave at Dagobah.

Good point. Maybe something has changed in 15 years...? I don't know. I just want an official word on this.

Oh. Damn. That sucks. So I'm assuming that includes Darth Bane's spirit as well?

King Joker
https://38.media.tumblr.com/6366bd2c0ab69844ed2db121c16a84b3/tumblr_ne0dm9Mese1r7xe1bo2_250.gif

https://38.media.tumblr.com/8b6df6a94a74ca2cc17a00cd40203e6d/tumblr_ne0dm9Mese1r7xe1bo1_250.gif

https://33.media.tumblr.com/8def6f1a7dcbbbff2de6929086615232/tumblr_ne0dm9Mese1r7xe1bo3_400.gif

https://38.media.tumblr.com/05be7f95ca4a0ee8b8ae76504657c742/tumblr_ne0dm9Mese1r7xe1bo4_400.gif

Fated Xtasy
Okay, it has to be something keeping Luminara in a coma like state or something, because that is clearly not a hologram, a hologram doesn't have a force presence.

NewGuy01
Its a trap, Luminara is dead.

King Joker
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Its a trap, Luminara is dead. http://media.giphy.com/media/abLoBQ4MPFJ5K/giphy.gif

Fated Xtasy
http://media.giphy.com/media/abLoBQ4MPFJ5K/giphy.gif

Lord Stark
Wow that Luminara thing...didn't they cancel TCWs for being too dark lol...how is this better?

The_Tempest
Easily the best episode so far. The Inquisitor has much-needed gravitas as a baddie, on par with TCW!Maul. Good to see the Rebels get outwitted and overpowered.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>