Bane vs. Vitiate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Tempest
Takes place on the arid wastes of Korriban. No holds barred, all available weapons used and remember: this is a dark side nexus.

Round 1
POD!Bane

Round 2
ROT!Bane

Round 3
DOE!Bane

Vitiate is as depicted at the height of his powers: when he subdues the Hero of Tython and company aboard his space station.

Nephthys
Vitiate imo.

The_Tempest
That was chillingly convincing. We should lock the thread now before those pesky reasons slip in.

Arhael
Bane.
Vitiate all his life relied on his superior power. Combat-wise Vitiate has no real skill. He simply tries to overpower his opponent directly mentally, with TK or lightning. He never needed to actually try to outwit his opponent during combat like Dooku for example. And ones someone was powerful and skilled enough to resist Vitiate, he lost. Bane qualifies for someone powerful enough to resist attacks of Vitiate, which is all he needs.

The_Tempest
Guess we didn't lock it in time, Neph. erm

Thanks for the input, Arhael. Feel free to elaborate even further, though.

S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate FTW

@Arhael

Your argument can be easily shot-down.

Nephthys
Vitiates big weakness is in his lack of lightsaber and speed skills, which is exactly where Bane excels. However, I do think the evidence of 3 battles where Vitiate has prevented attempts to saber rush him is compelling. I think that he can probably force Bane into a contest of Force strength and Vitiate is likely the superior there.

Arhael
I am, also, of opinion that Vitiate is more powerful. But powerful enough to defeat?

Mental domination works on those with weak mentality, Bane is not one of those to my knowledge.

Weaker TK? Bane only needs to mitigate Vititate's TK to the point that it doesn't cause any serious damage. So at best it will be like in Caedus vs Mara fight.

Lightning? Bane has lightsaber, which makes it easier to block lightning.

The most obvious examples of a fight of characters with different power levels are Yoda vs Dooku, Windu vs Sidious and Kenobi vs Anakin. Despite big power difference their contests had to be decided in lightsaber combat. Vitiate has no lightsaber combat skill, which puts him at significant disadvantage.

Ascendancy
Interesting.

Bane in sabers all day easily. Lighting he can neutralize. TK I think he can overcome.

The big problem is the same one everyone else had with Vitiate: his mind domination. No question that Bane has power in that arena considering that he overcame Kaan and survived Zannah's direct attack on his mind with her Sith Sorcery. Considering that Kaan was able to simultaneously hold in thrall the entirety of the contingent of Dark Lords and bolster full battle groups of Sith fighters and warships while also disrupting the opposing forces I'd say Bane had some pretty great ability in being able to shake that off as though it were nothing.

I'd like to see some more discussion on the scope of Vitiate's mental power before deciding one way or another. In close I think Bane has what it takes to survive and win, but the mind domination may be another matter entirely.

Dolos
Bane, with the enhanced durability and powers gained through his Orbalisk Armor, could not defeat 4 average Jedi Padawans and Knights and a semi-talented Master on his own.

Vitiate defeated a hyper-experienced Revan at the height of his power, a heavily modified Assassin Droid optimally specced, an experienced Meetra Surik at the height of her power, and Lord Scourge simultaneously.

Yeah, Bane is D.E.A.D.!

NemeBro
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Your argument can be easily shot-down. Weird that you chose not to do so then.

Intrepid37
PoD Bane dies horribly, RoT Bane destroys and DoE Bane barely loses.

Dolos
Originally posted by Intrepid37
PoD Bane dies horribly, RoT Bane destroys and DoE Bane barely loses. how do you explain that? If DOE Bane loses how the hell does ROT win! Especially considering his orb armor is a disadvantage against Force lightning, and Vitiate possesses thestrongest Force lightning in the mythos outside of DE Sidious and Abeloth.

UltimateAnomaly
Originally posted by Dolos
, a heavily modified Assassin Droid optimally specced,

T3-M4 was a highly specced Assassin Droid? Since when?
You may also have noticed Revan being a badass in his fight against Nyriss, only to get Green Mile'd by Vitiate.

IMO, the only way Bane is going to win this is if he stops the mental domination, though considering that Vitiate can mindr@pe a strike team consisting of the strongest jedi in the galaxy at the time, minus Satele, I say it's possible he could mentally stall Bane long enough to gain an advantage.

Nephthys
To be fair, T3 does defeat 2 HK droids by himself in Kotor 2.

UltimateAnomaly
True, but don't we take cutscenes over gameplay in most cases? I mean, if you don't give T3 the right stuff, he can get annhilated by them.
Same for any gameplay really.
Just wanted to make that point though, not sure if he's talking about T3, or he's confused T3 for HK.

Nephthys
No, because you need to beat them to complete the game. Ergo T3 did defeat them.

axel_jovan
Vitiate has no speed to match up with RoT and DoE Bane...

PoD Bane most likely dies.

RoT Bane decimates Vitiate.

DoE Bane has a slight edge.

steveholt953
This should address the issues of the Emperor's "combat" abilities. Can't believe some of you forgot this:

hmwxUUzFwTc

S_W_LeGenD
Time to address misconceptions in this debate...

Originally posted by Arhael
Bane.
No! Explanation below.

Combat-wise Vitiate has no real skill. He simply tries to overpower his opponent directly mentally, with TK or lightning. He never needed to actually try to outwit his opponent during combat like Dooku for example.
No skill? confused

Vitiate did not received much formal Sith training from Sith master(s) like so many other Sith; he learned about much of the stuff on his own. Several of the dark side abilities came naturally to him (e.g. Force Drain; Force Sever; Telepathic/Mental powers; Telekinetic abilities) when he was young. During ancient era; Sith took lot of interest in dark arts such as Sith Sorcery and Sith Alchemy, so Vitiate also thoroughly delved in these subjects and honed his talents accordingly; he represented ancient Sith ideals. However, he was not a fool and he was well-prepared to handle any kind of threat should the need arise.

As far as the outwit argument is concerned; are you implying that Vitiate fought mindlessly? If your answer is yes then you are actually mistaken and you don't have a clue. Continue to read below:

Vitiate acquired significant combat experience on Nathema. After he created a Sith Empire, he also developed his special powerbase which kept him alert to potential threats within the Empire. Once a threat was identified, Vitiate would prepare himself for the eventual. Like Revan, Vitiate fully understood the importance of element of surprise. When a Dark Council rebelled against him, his punishment came swiftly and the Council was purged.

During his second confrontation with Revan, Vitiate prevented his opponent from getting close to him. In addition, when Revan got distracted by Scourge's actions, Vitiate took advantage of this distraction and quickly rendered the Jedi Master unconscious. Revan's actions gave Vitiate impetus to improve his powerbase:

The Emperor created his first Voice after the legendary Jedi named Revan attempted to assassinate him on Dromund Kaas. Though Revan's plot failed, he approached within striking distance of the Emperor. To guard against further vulnerability, the Emperor created the Voice to deliver his orders while distancing himself from the forces that conspired against him. Centuries later, this very safeguard would save the Emperor once more. (SWTORE, Page 162)

So your argument makes no sense at all. Vitiate did attempt to outwit his opponents when he felt necessary and he also adopted long-term solutions to improve his safeguard.

And ones someone was powerful and skilled enough to resist Vitiate, he lost.
Shit happens, in Star Wars specially. Sidious lost too and to lesser opponents.

Bane qualifies for someone powerful enough to resist attacks of Vitiate, which is all he needs.
This is a baseless subjective claim.

Strong Sith like Bane have served Sith Emperor; what are you smoking? Heck, stronger Sith have served him (the Emperor).

S_W_LeGenD
I am, also, of opinion that Vitiate is more powerful. But powerful enough to defeat?
Again, you are making no sense here.

Mental domination works on those with weak mentality, Bane is not one of those to my knowledge.
As per current canon, mental domination works on even strong minds.

Weaker TK? Bane only needs to mitigate Vititate's TK to the point that it doesn't cause any serious damage. So at best it will be like in Caedus vs Mara fight.
Vitiate's defensive abilities are amazing. Telekinetic abilities of relatively less stronger opponents are not going to work on him with his guard fully up.

Lightning? Bane has lightsaber, which makes it easier to block lightning.
Fantastic! You remember what happened to the Jedi Strike Team led by Tol Braga? Guess what, lightsabers didn't work.

The most obvious examples of a fight of characters with different power levels are Yoda vs Dooku, Windu vs Sidious and Kenobi vs Anakin. Despite big power difference their contests had to be decided in lightsaber combat. Vitiate has no lightsaber combat skill, which puts him at significant disadvantage.
Bad assessment.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Interesting.

Bane in sabers all day easily. Lighting he can neutralize. TK I think he can overcome.
Here comes another one; seriously start admitting Bane's limitations. Star Wars is a continuously evolving lore. Bane isn't going to look great forever.

The big problem is the same one everyone else had with Vitiate: his mind domination. No question that Bane has power in that arena considering that he overcame Kaan and survived Zannah's direct attack on his mind with her Sith Sorcery. Considering that Kaan was able to simultaneously hold in thrall the entirety of the contingent of Dark Lords and bolster full battle groups of Sith fighters and warships while also disrupting the opposing forces I'd say Bane had some pretty great ability in being able to shake that off as though it were nothing.

I'd like to see some more discussion on the scope of Vitiate's mental power before deciding one way or another.
Here are some examples:

1. Sith Lord Dramath, planetary governor of Medriaas, set out to bring the boy in line. Tenebrae broke Sith Lord Dramath's mind, but not before revealing to him that he was actually his son. (SWTORE, Page 160)

2. Over 300 years ago, the great Jedi heroes Revan and Malak stumbled upon the long-hidden Sith Empire's capital of Dromund Kaas, and its ruler - a mysterious, almost godlike avatar of the dark side. They argued briefly over whether to alert the Republic and Jedi Council, but Revan was already too consumed by arrogance and anger to consider the possibility of defeat. By the time Revan and Malak approached the Emperor in his throne room, they were already at the precipice of the dark side. It took only a fraction of the Emperor's loathsome power to complete their fall. (SWTORE, Page 88)

3. The Emperor is more than a man - he is the living embodiment of the dark side. Armed with incalculable powers of corruption, the Emperor easily defeats the Knight, Master Braga, and their fellow Jedi, twisting them all to the dark side. (SWTORE, Page 92)

4. "The Emperor has the ability to dominate and enslave the minds of those who serve him," she explained. "It's one of the reasons he has ruled for so long. Those that are transformed become fanatical zealots who live to serve; they are not capable of betraying him." She glanced back at the door behind which they had left the Jedi. "I suspect that instead of executing Revan as he publicly proclaimed, the Emperor turned him into a puppet of his will and sent him back to the Republic to gather information." (SWTOR: Revan)

5. "If your information proves false, however," the Emperor added, "you will suffer a fate more terrible than anything you can imagine." As he spoke, the dark circles of his eyes seemed to fill with a swirling red mist, and for a brief instant the Emperor gave Scourge a glimpse of his true self. Scourge cried out in anguish as the Emperor's mind brushed against his, then he collapsed to the floor, shaking like a child. The touch lasted less than a second, but in that time he witnessed indescribable horrors that dwarfed anything the dark side could conjure even in his worst nightmares. And beneath the formless terrors lurked the unbearable Void, the pure emptiness of total annihilation. (SWTOR: Revan)

Not to forget that how the Sith Emperor manipulated 8000 Sith Lords to do his bidding on Nathema; if Nyriss's account is correct then it is a tremendous feat. In addition, Satele Shan was reluctant to confront the Sith Emperor alongside HoT. She pointed out that any ally would succumb to the Emperor's mental influence barring HoT, this is why T7 droid accompanied HoT instead.

Of-course, Vitiate's mental powers are not infallible but they are very effective nonetheless; specially against the newcomers. And even those who have experienced such powers can be broken again unless they develop special countermeasures; case in point: Revan.

In close I think Bane has what it takes to survive and win, but the mind domination may be another matter entirely.
Bane is unlikely to get close to him; a great deal of powerful Sith Lords have served the Sith Emperor and most of them were hesitant to challenge him. Do the math.

S_W_LeGenD
PoD Bane dies horribly, RoT Bane destroys and DoE Bane barely loses.
You realize the vulnerability of RoT Bane against powerful burst of Force Lightning? Vitiate will eat him alive.

DoE bane is also no match for the Sith Emperor. Sith Lords like Bane have served him.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by UltimateAnomaly
T3-M4 was a highly specced Assassin Droid? Since when?
You may also have noticed Revan being a badass in his fight against Nyriss, only to get Green Mile'd by Vitiate.

IMO, the only way Bane is going to win this is if he stops the mental domination, though considering that Vitiate can mindr@pe a strike team consisting of the strongest jedi in the galaxy at the time, minus Satele, I say it's possible he could mentally stall Bane long enough to gain an advantage.
Vitiate could break Satele Shan too; she was reluctant to confront the Sith Emperor alongside HoT. This is why HoT took a droid with him.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by axel_jovan
Vitiate has no speed to match up with RoT and DoE Bane...

PoD Bane most likely dies.

RoT Bane decimates Vitiate.

DoE Bane has a slight edge.
You are so clueless about TOR era lore (let alone Vitiate) that it isn't even funny. Good luck with your pipe-dreams.

S_W_LeGenD
how do you explain that? If DOE Bane loses how the hell does ROT win! Especially considering his orb armor is a disadvantage against Force lightning, and Vitiate possesses thestrongest Force lightning in the mythos outside of DE Sidious and Abeloth.
Vitiate's lightning is top-end in the whole mythos. Maybe Son matches him?

Nephthys
Bro, theres an edit button you know.

S_W_LeGenD
Ah, my bad...

B/W This is fantastic find on your part: http://www.torhead.com/codex/9wLkSDC/the-emperors-fallen-jedi-knight

steveholt953
Just watch the video I posted. His combat skills are considerable enough.

Intrepid37
how do you explain that? If DOE Bane loses how the hell does ROT win! Especially considering his orb armor is a disadvantage against Force lightning, and Vitiate possesses thestrongest Force lightning in the mythos outside of DE Sidious and Abeloth.
Revan was able to block the lightning with his saber without any noteable trouble.

Nephthys
Revan also blocked Nyriss' lightning with his hands without any trouble. He seems to be really damn godly at that aspect of the Force.

Ben "cA" Risa
Especially considering his orb armor is a disadvantage against Force lightning

No, it isn't. The orbalisks provide additional protection against electricity - without them he would be more vulnerable to its effects.

pencilcrayon
Shouldn't Abeloth be stronger than Son given both Son and Daughter are required to hold her down?

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Ben "cA" Risa
No, it isn't. The orbalisks provide additional protection against electricity - without them he would be more vulnerable to its effects.

Neb, defend Bane's honor here. Are you really just going to sit there and let SWL talk so much smack about him?

Ascendancy
I'm not really sure how there's argument that Bane would easily fall to lightning. He was only injured by his own because of the Ithorian shielding him and it frying them both. With his demonstrated ability with lightning it's not like the Emperor is just going to fry him.

Again, I don't think it's the Force attacks that decide this, it's whether or not Bane can overcome Vitiate's mental attacks to get in close. If he can he carves the Emperor up all day, if not, he's left a drooling servant of Vitiate or a toy to be crushed at his whim.

Dolos
I'm not really sure how there's argument that Bane would easily fall to lightning. He was only injured by his own because of the Ithorian shielding him and it frying them both. With his demonstrated ability with lightning it's not like the Emperor is just going to fry him.

Again, I don't think it's the Force attacks that decide this, it's whether or not Bane can overcome Vitiate's mental attacks to get in close. If he can he carves the Emperor up all day, if not, he's left a drooling servant of Vitiate or a toy to be crushed at his whim.

Vitiate should physically overpower him with the Force alone regardless.

His damage capacity with the Force is higher than any Jedi or Sith save DE Sidious and a freshly fed Darth Nihilus.

If Bane's own lightning destroyed his armor, Vitiate could conjure up a bolt superior, exactly like he did when decimating Revan and company.

Revan was actually unable to defend against Vitiate's more powerful and charged lightning bolts...and his saber to not hold up to the maelstrom of Vitiate's sustained lightning barrage, as he was disarmed IIRC.

Ben "cA" Risa
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Neb, defend Bane's honor here. Are you really just going to sit there and let SWL talk so much smack about him?

Whom is Neb? shifty

Intrepid37
Force lightning can be blocked by Bane's lightsaber. On the other hand, with Orbalisks, Bane is extremely capable with lightning as well, having converting riders to ash.

Force wise, Vitiate wins if he can dominate Bane's mind but this hasn't shown to be instant nor midfight-wise. Vitiate disintegrated a droid but Bane disintegrating dozens of technobeasts is above that in my opinion.

Speed wise, Bane is far ahead, having looked to wield a dozens of lightsabers without his Orbalisks which increases his physical stats.

Bane is also stronger and more skilled in combat and should have no problem avoiding lightning bolts from Vitiate.

S_W_LeGenD
Force lightning can be blocked by Bane's lightsaber.
This isn't guaranteed.

On the other hand, with Orbalisks, Bane is extremely capable with lightning as well, having converting riders to ash.
A Dark Councilor is capable of matching or exceeding this feat; Nyriss could utterly destroy even powerful (Jedi/Sith) with her signature FLS.

Force wise, Vitiate wins if he can dominate Bane's mind but this hasn't shown to be instant nor midfight-wise.
His mental powers are swift; he broke Revan and Malak instantly.

He have broken opponents (during) combat situations; Lord Dramath and many others.

Point is that when an opponent is broke, fight ends right their...

Vitiate disintegrated a droid but Bane disintegrating dozens of technobeasts is above that in my opinion.
How strong are these technobeasts? T3 have fought in many battles and survived.

Speed wise, Bane is far ahead, having looked to wield a dozens of lightsabers without his Orbalisks which increases his physical stats.
Again, this cannot be proved. Vitiate have handled highly martial opponents like Bane in single combat.

Bane is also stronger and more skilled in combat and should have no problem avoiding lightning bolts from Vitiate.
Bane is outclassed/outgunned.

Check the video posted in page 1 for reference. The Sith Emperor overwhelmed the entire Jedi Strike Team with his powers; lightsabers didn't help.

pencilcrayon
That video made those Jedi look really dumb. Bane has way more intelligence than to stand still and let someone attack him like that.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by pencilcrayon
That video made those Jedi look really dumb. Bane has way more intelligence than to stand still and let someone attack him like that.
You are making no sense...

The Jedi assembled to arrest the Sith Emperor; conversation started which resulted in a fight; Emperor's powers were so overwhelming that the Jedi couldn't do much. Regardless, HoT and Braga put up great resistance but were eventually felled.

I have read Bane's novels; he conversed with his opponents too before dueling them.

Combat can be a matter of life and death. Caution is always advised.

Intrepid37
This isn't guaranteed.
No?

A Dark Councilor is capable of matching or exceeding this feat; Nyriss could utterly destroy even powerful (Jedi/Sith) with her signature FLS.
I know. I was just pointing out bane's own mastery in this regard.

His mental powers are swift; he broke Revan and Malak instantly.

He have broken opponents (during) combat situations; Lord Dramath and many others.

Point is that when an opponent is broke, fight ends right their...
Is there proof he can dominate Bane's mind in an instant/mid-battle?

How strong are these technobeasts? T3 have fought in many battles and survived.
Doesn't matter how strong they were. As T3, they were made of metal but there were 12 of them. Destroying 12 is better than destroying 1, no?

Bane edges it in force power.

Who has he handled with a saber?

S_W_LeGenD
No?
You haven't seen the video posted in this thread?

I know. I was just pointing out bane's own mastery in this regard.
Ok.

Is there proof he can dominate Bane's mind in an instant/mid-battle?
He have broken every opponent he wanted to; why would Bane be an exception?

Heck, he have telepathically controlled an individual ranging from a normal person to an extremely powerful Jedi. He have telepathically controlled thousands of individuals simultaneously across the Galaxy.

Doesn't matter how strong they were. As T3, they were made of metal but there were 12 of them. Destroying 12 is better than destroying 1, no?
Things made up of metal are not equally durable.

Analogy from another fiction source: T-800 Terminator was considerably more durable then T-600 Terminator.

In addition, Vitiate have never been in a situation where he had to contend with Technobeasts. He wouldn't have trouble utterly destroying them though.

Bane edges it in force power.
In sheer scale but not necessarily in potency.

Who has he handled with a saber?
Many have confronted him armed with lightsabers and end-up having their @sses handed to them.

Intrepid37

S_W_LeGenD

Intrepid37
bq5X3F3g69c

These assembled Jedi were among the strongest of the Order.
Impressive, but has any of these Jedi done anything suggesting they're close to orbalisk Bane?

Read this: http://www.torhead.com/codex/9wLkSDC/the-emperors-fallen-jedi-knight
Not what I was looking for but thanks.

T3 is heavily customized (KoTOR: TCG). It is has been in many battles and survived.

Doesn't matters because Bane is outclassed in this contest.

Until you prove T3 is harder to disintegrate than dozens of technobeasts, Bane edges it.

S_W_LeGenD
Impressive, but has any of these Jedi done anything suggesting they're close to orbalisk Bane?
Not much is known about Narez and Sedoru except that the former have never lost in a fight before and the latter is a hero and have emerged alive from many near-death like situations.

Braga have subdued a Dark Councilor after a very very long duel; as per member (Neph), this duel lasted several days. In addition, a (fallen) Braga gave HoT serious trouble with his Force powers when the two clashed.

HoT is extraordinary in terms of capabilities in all aspects. He has subdued several EXPERT swordsmen; slain several gigantic/deadly beasts; packed very impressive telekinetic abilities; defeated some very senior figures of the Empire in single combat; survived against impossible odds; and lot more....

On the whole, this is lot of firepower. Much more so then any single Jedi can bring on the table.

Until you prove T3 is harder to disintegrate than dozens of technobeasts, Bane edges it.
Well, the kind of Sith Lords that Sith Emperor have managed and lot of other shit puts him above Bane by a big margin. Feats based arguments aren't going to be enough against a character like Vitiate.

Nephthys

In addition to what Legend says, the team is confirmed by two separate sources to be comprised of the strongest Jedi in the galaxy, and that Vitiate defeated them all 'easily.' Defeating 4 of the strongest Jedi in the galaxy at the same time easily is an unprecedented feat.

Pwned
He actually disintigrated a rancor technobeast, IIRC.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Pwned
He actually disintigrated a rancor technobeast, IIRC.
Not with his power in the Force:

Using the pain in his head to fuel his rage, Bane spun and leapt at the rancor, slicing both its metal legs out from under it. The laser cannons on the creature's shoulders tried to fire at him, but in the more than two hundred years since its creation the power cells had lost their charge and the only result was a barely audible click. The torso fell to the floor, but the claws still clutched for him; Bane had to leap back out of the way before lunging forward to sever the arms at the shoulders.

That enemy vanquished, he used the Force to disintegrate two more advancing technobeasts, then felt something bump against his foot. He glanced down to see that the rancor's jaws had clamped shut on his boot; it was trying to gnaw off his leg. Once again his orbalisk armor protected him from harm, and Bane sliced the rancor's head from its body, relieved to see it finally go still. (Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil)

This was the condition of technobeasts:

Once a mutated combination of flesh and technology, most of the technobeasts' living tissue had long since rotted and fallen away. What remained were desiccated strands of skin and sinew clinging to bone, supported and held together by rods, wires, and twisted scraps of metal. (Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil)

The technobeasts were in very bad condition since their bodies were in a very advanced stage of decay and their metals were rusting as well:

It was impossible to count; their bodies of rusted metal and
mummified flesh all seemed to blend together into a single ghastly mass. (Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil)

This is the actual feat:

Bane thrust out with the Force, and a dozen of the oncoming creatures exploded into dust and tiny flecks of small, twisted metal. (Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil)

Thanks to the orbalisk armor, Bane survived the assault from many technobeasts.

In contrast, Vitiate utterly destroyed T3-M4 in perfect condition; very durable droid which have endured powerful attacks without getting damaged and survived in many battles. In addition, Vitiate overwhelmed a very potent Jedi Strike Team with his Force powers; a lone Bane isn't going to stand a chance. Furthermore, Vitiate is extremely lethal with his Force Lightning; he is going to eat Bane alive.

Case closed.

The_Tempest
Vitiate disintegrated T3 with a blast of Force energy, not confirmed to be lightning as I recall, on a dark side nexus. No evidence has been offered to indicate he could do so on neutral ground.

Intrepid37
Good catch on the technobeast's condition. I'm less impressed by Bane after reading that to be honest.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Vitiate disintegrated T3 with a blast of Force energy, not confirmed to be lightning as I recall, on a dark side nexus. No evidence has been offered to indicate he could do so on neutral ground.
Dromund Kaas is not a nexus on the whole. Dark Temple is.

Arhael
Dark side is so strong on Dromund Kaas that Kyle Katarn got mind dominated without any Force user effort.

The_Tempest
Dromund Kaas is not a nexus on the whole. Dark Temple is.

The world "bristles" with the dark side according to the official website.

Nephthys
The full quote says 'Even though the planet is bristling with the energy of the darkside, it is the imperial military that has the largest visible presence on Dromund Kaas.' One could argue that from the context of the second portion of the sentence that its talking about the presence of Sith rather than the darkside itself.

The_Tempest
One really couldn't. It says "energy" of the dark side, which refers to... Y'know... The dark side.

Nephthys
One could. Linking it to the military presence on Dromund Kaas doesn't really make sense otherwise. What does it being a darkside nexus have to do with that?

The_Tempest
That despite the world's unnatural strength in the dark side, it is the comparatively secular Imperial military that is the most visibly dominant presence?

Your command of the English language is appalling for a guy who lives in England. laughing out loud

Now prove that "energy of the dark side" refers to he physical presence of dark siders.

Nephthys
I said 'one could' not 'I would.' I'm uninterested in arguing over this. Kinda tired after that lengthy response.

The_Tempest
And yet, as we've indicated, one really couldn't. Per the norm, your suggested alternatives for straightforward interpretations requires less creative flexibility with language than it does clumsy misapplication of it.

I accept your concession and applaud your decision to scurry back into the shadows. You are wise to fear me.

Dolos
Vitiate Force drains Bane.

Vitiate dominates Bane by virtue of being a wound larger than Nihilus.

Vitiate combust's Bane's lightsaber and destroys his sentient orbalisk armor with Force lightning.

Take your pick, this is effortless.

Plagueis would do better, he could command his midi-chlorians to put up mind control and essence drain shields, and other similiar shield that could defend against other esoteric techniques, he could increase his own midi-chlorians, siphon midi-chlorians from all around, slightly weakening the wound's unnaturally superior strength in the Force...he'd constantly revive himself during combat.

Though I doubt Plagueis's mastery of midi-chlorian manipulation was great enough by the end of his novel to contest a nexus as large as Vitiate, but it could have if he'd endured another decade, he may have eventually erected the power and influence to siphon off midi-chlorians from the Chosen One, which would amp his powers considerably, and give him a very menacing technique, more-so than Force/Essence/Life drain.

The Merchant
I've always viewed Bane as equal to Revan at least, meaning Vitiate should win this.

Intrepid37
Bane would slaughter Revan.

The Merchant
I did say at least Revan, not that he was the absolute final limit. Personally I do put Bane higher than Revan.

Intrepid37
You do so for good reasons.

The Merchant
Oh yeah, Bane pretty much beats him in all categories. Anyways, as for Bane vs. Sith Emperor still going with Vitiate on this one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.