Zoro (One Piece) v.s. Wolverine (616) Sword fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Zoro and Logan fight with swords, no claws for Wolverine. It takes place on a ship at sea with nothing nearby for miles. Because that's neat.

Round 1. No powers, strength equalized.
Round 2. All stats equalized.
Round 3. Both have their full capabilities.

Wei Phoenix
1. Zoro in my opinion. A lot of his moves and abilities aren't powers if I'm correct. The only power that he technically has is Haki, his strength, speed, skill and all of that is from natural training. Wolverine loses his HF, which he would need to keep up in the fight and learn Zoro's movements, patterns and everything. If Zoro goes for the win at the start then I see him taking the majority.

2. This one is based on who's more skilled and both of them are highly skilled in their own right, you actually see all of the hard work and dedication both of them put into their art, especially Zoro. It's an even split for me until someone else with more knowledge comes in and gives evidence on why. If I had to choose someone for the majority then probably Zoro.

3. Wolverine wins the vast majority. His HF will keep him in the fight long enough to predict Zoro's movements and counter accordingly. The fight may take a while, or it may be over soon but Wolverine will simply outlast him if he couldn't just overpower and beat him straight up.

NotAllThatEvil
I think zoro takes the first two on the grounds that he has more than one blade.
I don't think zoro could possibly cut him enough times if he has his healing factor though.

NemeBro
Zoro sweeps.

Zoro is not just stronger than Wolverine, Wolvie is finally fighting someone who is also faster than he is as well as stronger.

In the third fight, Zoro doesn't even need his swords. He holds Wolverine down and puts his balls on Logan's forehead. Logan has no way of countering this, any attack that isn't backed by Adamantium claws isn't going to so much as cause an indentation in his skin. And Zoro is not getting hit by the claws.

I seriously lol'd at the implication that Wolverine is physically stronger than Zoro.

KingD19
Zoro was literally shoving buildings aside in Alabasta. And he's extremely weak in comparison to how he is now.

Bentley
Round 1 and 3 are won by Zoro, easily.

I can't actually picture how the battle would go with equalized stats, but as far as I know Zoro should be able to disarm Logan with his cartoonish ranged attacks and take it from there. Logan should have the skill edge and the use of pressure points even when disarmed could be a threat.

KingD19
Logan can be Ko'd, and his HF can be overtaxed. And Zoro has enough in his arsenal to take his healing to it's limit's in no time at all.

BloodRain
1. Zoro curbs him. And why not, blitzes him too.
2. Outskills/ranges Logan.
3. Eh, goes to the 'how greats the regen, which Class can take him out' thing. Besides this Zoro is incredibly above Logan that walking through him would be a breeze.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
Zoro sweeps.

Zoro is not just stronger than Wolverine, Wolvie is finally fighting someone who is also faster than he is as well as stronger.

In the third fight, Zoro doesn't even need his swords. He holds Wolverine down and puts his balls on Logan's forehead. Logan has no way of countering this, any attack that isn't backed by Adamantium claws isn't going to so much as cause an indentation in his skin. And Zoro is not getting hit by the claws.

I seriously lol'd at the implication that Wolverine is physically stronger than Zoro.

Actually there's not much I have to say about this. I tend to trust your opinion in a lot of vs debates because you're one of the only people on here that keeps it straight. I'll admit that I haven't followed OP from the start, watched it for Crocodile and I've been following it since Fishman Island/Hordy arc so I know I missed a lot. As I said, this fight is completely one-sided, Zoro is naturally faster and stronger and all he loses to my knowledge is Haki whereas Wolverine just loses everything that gives him a chance to survive the first hit.

Completely agree on the first fight that there's nothing that Wolverine could do to win or take more than a hit from Zoro without a HF.

On scenario two I thought it would be more even since it's based on skill and felt that it could go either way from my knowledge, neither are the greatest swordsman in their worlds, although Zoro isn't far from that title, a lot closer than Wolverine is to the top.

On scenario 3 I felt that Wolverine would win due to his durability, HF and experience would let him survive until he could find an opening and gut although as I'm reading this I now realize that he doesn't have his claws in scenario three so I think it would be a lot harder for him to get that killer blow on so I'm officially changing my opinion in that scenario.

ScreamPaste
What if we gave him his claws in scenario 3?

NotAllThatEvil
He cuts zoro's swords apart.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
What if we gave him his claws in scenario 3?

Meh, it increases his chance to get that lucky shot I was thinking of, although Zoro is still faster and an extremely gifted swordsman who's strong enough to have their slashes generate air. I think he would deem Wolverine worthy enough to actually feel the blades of his swords which technically makes matters worse. Talking to my resident OP fan who got me watching it now about it and he agrees that Zoro wins. He's a fan of both as well. The only person that I think can make an argument for Wolverine is Srank from CBVS, and he'll probably have to use his Berserker's Rage.

NotAllThatEvil
I haven't seen any thing after the timeskip. Does zoro get stronger sword? Or are they just steel?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I haven't seen any thing after the timeskip. Does zoro get stronger sword? Or are they just steel?

Zoro's strength never came from his swords. That's all natural. One sword belongs to the girl from his origins. Think her name was Kurina.

AuraAngel
Same swords as pre-time skip.

NotAllThatEvil
So if logan gets his claws, what's stopping him from getting rid of roronoa's swords? (That's not how you spell it, is it?)

NemeBro

Does it really matter when he can create a tornado of blades as a casual attack?

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130307091952/onepiece/images/d/dd/Kokujo_O-Tatsumaki.png

This is the result of current Zoro's strength and skill.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Actually there's not much I have to say about this. I tend to trust your opinion in a lot of vs debates because you're one of the only people on here that keeps it straight. I'll admit that I haven't followed OP from the start, watched it for Crocodile and I've been following it since Fishman Island/Hordy arc so I know I missed a lot. As I said, this fight is completely one-sided, Zoro is naturally faster and stronger and all he loses to my knowledge is Haki whereas Wolverine just loses everything that gives him a chance to survive the first hit.

Completely agree on the first fight that there's nothing that Wolverine could do to win or take more than a hit from Zoro without a HF.

On scenario two I thought it would be more even since it's based on skill and felt that it could go either way from my knowledge, neither are the greatest swordsman in their worlds, although Zoro isn't far from that title, a lot closer than Wolverine is to the top.

On scenario 3 I felt that Wolverine would win due to his durability, HF and experience would let him survive until he could find an opening and gut although as I'm reading this I now realize that he doesn't have his claws in scenario three so I think it would be a lot harder for him to get that killer blow on so I'm officially changing my opinion in that scenario. You filthy harlot, you were supposed to argue with me and insult me like a dirty *****!

The problem is that Zoro is faster and actually has the luxury of a reach greater than the length of his blades, as well as the strength to knock him about like a ragdoll.

So tell me Wei, why is it that Wolverine, when punched by Hulk, manages to not be sent to the other side of the planet?

KingD19
Also pre-time skip, his three swords are part of a collection of the most powerful swords in the world.

Logan probably wouldn't be able to cut through them. Especially considering all the damage the swords have tanked that would have snapped a normal sword like a toothpick.

NemeBro
Those claws have cut the likes of Thanos and Thor.

Calm down.

NotAllThatEvil
What If they both only got one sword and are at full power?

ScreamPaste
Hm. I forgot OP had that weird timeskip in the middle. mmm

Wei Phoenix
What If they both only got one sword and are at full power?

Zoro's style isn't what gives him the edge in these fights. It's his training, his skills and whatnot. The sword doesn't change anything.

NotAllThatEvil
Is he not more skilled with 3?

KingD19
Even with just one sword(Ittoryu), Zoro has more than enough.

Phoenix of the 36 Earthly Desires/36 Pound Cannon - He shoots a ball of compressed air that hits with a huge amount of force and sends people flying.

Lion's Song - He uses Iado(the style of attacking with your sword, then quickly sheathing it after) and slices through his opponent.

Flying Dragon: Blaze - He basically slashes you, and you catch on fire from the wound.

All these are pre-timeskip

Post time skip he's got

Disaster Harbor Bird - It's basically a version of Guile's Sonic Boom or CP9's Rankyaku. It's compressed air in the shape of a crescent.

360 Pound Cannon - The 36 Pound Cannon, but 10x stronger.

Great Dragon Shock - Basically an overhead slice that would have killed a Logia if he imbued it with Haki.

These aren't all his moves, but he's equally skilled with any number of swords 1-3. It's just his techniques change depending on how many he has.

And Wolverine has failed to cut people like Hulk and a Luke Cage rip-off named Carver. He doesn't have enough strength to cut Zoro or damage his swords imo.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
You filthy harlot, you were supposed to argue with me and insult me like a dirty *****!

The problem is that Zoro is faster and actually has the luxury of a reach greater than the length of his blades, as well as the strength to knock him about like a ragdoll.

So tell me Wei, why is it that Wolverine, when punched by Hulk, manages to not be sent to the other side of the planet?

If only I was afraid or too proud to admit when I'm wrong. I'd be rejecting everything you have to say.

With the Hulk thing, the best answer I can have without sounding like an idiot is Comic Book physics. Wolverine at best weighs 800 lbs I believe and he's grounded when he needs to be, goes flying when he needs to go flying, other then that I don't know. Same reason why Bruce didn't get cancer and die, why Cyclops didn't snap his neck on the first shot he ever made, physics are sometimes blurred in all fantasy worlds.

KingD19
Wolverine only weighs 300lbs, and he has been sent flying multiple times. Skaar punched him across the border and he landed in Canada. Gorgon kicked him from LA to Georgia(bordering Russia), and Jahf punched him into orbit. Even Bruiser/Princess Powerful sent him flying out of a church. Those are the only examples off the top of my head.

As for Cyclops, his powers don't work that way. As his eyes are only apertures to release the energy, there isn't any kickback. It's like you open a window and let the energy flow out.

NemeBro
If only I was afraid or too proud to admit when I'm wrong. I'd be rejecting everything you have to say.

With the Hulk thing, the best answer I can have without sounding like an idiot is Comic Book physics. Wolverine at best weighs 800 lbs I believe and he's grounded when he needs to be, goes flying when he needs to go flying, other then that I don't know. Same reason why Bruce didn't get cancer and die, why Cyclops didn't snap his neck on the first shot he ever made, physics are sometimes blurred in all fantasy worlds. Muster up the malice. Remember BT. Channel that force, and unleash your hatred.

Cyclops' optic blasts don't have any recoil, do they? That could be explained by the weird comic book laser only producing kinetic energy when it hits something solid. Or something stupid like that.

Nevertheless, Zoro is certainly strong enough to hit Wolverine so hard he'd be embedded several miles into the ground from an overhead smash or slash, or sent flying many miles away. So, killing Wolverine is basically not happening, but Zoro has the means to defeat him.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by KingD19
Wolverine only weighs 300lbs, and he has been sent flying multiple times. Skaar punched him across the border and he landed in Canada. Gorgon kicked him from LA to Georgia(bordering Russia), and Jahf punched him into orbit. Even Bruiser/Princess Powerful sent him flying out of a church. Those are the only examples off the top of my head.

As for Cyclops, his powers don't work that way. As his eyes are only apertures to release the energy, there isn't any kickback. It's like you open a window and let the energy flow out.

I'd figure the adamantium plus his natural muscles would make him weigh a lot more. I may be wrong though. I know he's been punched across great distances before, but there are also instances when he's stayed grounded or only moved a few feet.

Don't really care to argue if real world physics would make Cyclops snap his neck or not since this thread isn't about that, but it's obvious that physics are sometimes stretched in the comic universes.

KingD19
I'd figure the adamantium plus his natural muscles would make him weigh a lot more. I may be wrong though. I know he's been punched across great distances before, but there are also instances when he's stayed grounded or only moved a few feet.

Don't really care to argue if real world physics would make Cyclops snap his neck or not since this thread isn't about that, but it's obvious that physics are sometimes stretched in the comic universes.

Well you gotta realize he was born in the 1800's I believe. So people were a lot smaller back then, and didn't weigh as much. And the Adamantium lacing his skeleton isn't all that heavy. And yeah, comics physics are crazy sometimes, but Logan has been launched enough times that if anyone can do it, Zoro can.

NotAllThatEvil
Abraham Lincoln was born in the 1800s, and he was over 6" .

KingD19
Lincoln was 6'4, which was extremely tall and extremely rare for the time; that's why people made such a big deal out of his height. Logan's height of like 5'4 on the other hand wasn't out of the ordinary for the time.

Whereas today it's the opposite, 5'3 is nearly short enough to be called a midget, whereas 6'4 is close to the national average.

Wei Phoenix
Well you gotta realize he was born in the 1800's I believe. So people were a lot smaller back then, and didn't weigh as much. And the Adamantium lacing his skeleton isn't all that heavy. And yeah, comics physics are crazy sometimes, but Logan has been launched enough times that if anyone can do it, Zoro can.

I see the problem/confusion I was making with the skeleton and his weight.

I said Zoro wouldn't be knocking him around or he had insufficient strength?

KingD19
No. I was replying to the comment last page about comic physics. When someone asked why Hulk hadn't punched Wolverine around. And was saying that in a forum fight, Zoro has the strength to knock him around if anybody does.

Wei Phoenix

And Wolverine has failed to cut people like Hulk and a Luke Cage rip-off named Carver. He doesn't have enough strength to cut Zoro or damage his swords imo.

Now this part is just untrue, Wolverine has no problem piercing Hulk. He pierced IG Thanos. Unless Zoro's swords are made out of some special metal then I think he could easily slice through them if he had the chance. Also I believe he'd have no trouble piercing or cutting Zoro if Zoro just stood there and asked for it.

ScreamPaste
Adamantium doesn't follow the normal rules for cutting things. Usually just being super durable doesn't equate to supar cutting ability, but adamantium don't care.

KingD19
Now this part is just untrue, Wolverine has no problem piercing Hulk. He pierced IG Thanos. Unless Zoro's swords are made out of some special metal then I think he could easily slice through them if he had the chance. Also I believe he'd have no trouble piercing or cutting Zoro if Zoro just stood there and asked for it.

There've been several times when he couldn't cut Hulk. World War Hulk is one example. And when he tried to cut Thor, it took several swipes to break the skin and make him bleed a little while striking at his face. He's also failed to cut Colossus and do more than scour the surface of his skin. Etc... Etc...

Adamantium can cut through pretty much anything, but you need the strength to go along with it. Logan isn't all that strong, so if someones durability is beyond his ability to use his strength in conjunction with the claws, he won't be able to cut them. And considering a major attack from Mihawk left Zoro with nothing but a scar, Logan doing any last damage is unlikely. Also considering Zoro's massive pain threshold, durability, and stamina, it wouldn't really matter even if Logan did get a good hit on him. He'd still go on to win the fight.

As for his swords, Wado Ichimonji(White One), and Shusui(black and red blade) are 21 O Wazamono swords. Which are one step down from the 12 Saijo O Wazamono swords. And the 12 are the most powerful blades in existence. Mihawk Yoru is one of the 12. So at least 2 of Zoro's swords are incredibly powerful and probably beyond Logan's ability to cut considering what they've gone up against. Sandai Kitetsu is the one that would break if any of them were to.

Wei Phoenix
There've been several times when he couldn't cut Hulk. World War Hulk is one example. And when he tried to cut Thor, it took several swipes to break the skin and make him bleed a little while striking at his face. He's also failed to cut Colossus and do more than scour the surface of his skin. Etc... Etc...

Adamantium can cut through pretty much anything, but you need the strength to go along with it. Logan isn't all that strong, so if someones durability is beyond his ability to use his strength in conjunction with the claws, he won't be able to cut them. And considering a major attack from Mihawk left Zoro with nothing but a scar, Logan doing any last damage is unlikely. Also considering Zoro's massive pain threshold, durability, and stamina, it wouldn't really matter even if Logan did get a good hit on him. He'd still go on to win the fight.

As for his swords, Wado Ichimonji(White One), and Shusui(black and red blade) are 21 O Wazamono swords. Which are one step down from the 12 Saijo O Wazamono swords. And the 12 are the most powerful blades in existence. Mihawk Yoru is one of the 12. So at least 2 of Zoro's swords are incredibly powerful and probably beyond Logan's ability to cut considering what they've gone up against. Sandai Kitetsu is the one that would break if any of them were to.

He said that his skin was harder to cut, not that he couldn't. In that same fight he took his eyes. I only remember it taking one swipe to cut and make Thor's arm bleed in that future fight.

In their most recent scuffle I do believe that Wolverine did cut through Colossus steel form, that being said Colossus is leagues more durable than Zoro. WWH was the only version of Hulk that was harder to cut.

Major attack from Mihawk? Do you mean from their first fight and Dracule spared him and told him to get stronger and challenge him in the future. I believe Zoro would've died if Dracule wanted to kill him.

KingD19
He said that his skin was harder to cut, not that he couldn't. In that same fight he took his eyes. I only remember it taking one swipe to cut and make Thor's arm bleed in that future fight.

In their most recent scuffle I do believe that Wolverine did cut through Colossus steel form, that being said Colossus is leagues more durable than Zoro. WWH was the only version of Hulk that was harder to cut.

Major attack from Mihawk? Do you mean from their first fight and Dracule spared him and told him to get stronger and challenge him in the future. I believe Zoro would've died if Dracule wanted to kill him.

He slashed at him several times to no avail. And his eyes are obviously not as durable as his skin. That was Rune King Thor, but this was a more recent fight against a less powerful Thor, and Logan clawed the hell out of his face, but only managed a few scratches that bled a little.

And in the most recent fight between Wolverine and Colossus, Wolverine was amped a great amount by a demon possessing his body. Even his strength was amped considering Colossus threw him through the roof and hundreds of feet away, and in a few seconds, he jumped back through the hole in the roof, which was nowhere near ground level.

And yes, that attack from Mihawk, even holding back would have killed a lot of people, and severely damaged Wolverine. There's also the time he took on Luffy's pain on top of his own and tanked it. His fight with Mr. 1, etc, etc, etc. He takes more than what Wolverine can dish out on a regular basis.

Wei Phoenix
I'm sorry but it sounds like you're saying is that Zoro is more durable than Hulk and Thor.

More than Thor's face bled from that fight. Wolverine has always had a super jump and he's always had a little more strength than shown.

So a mercy slash from Mihawk would severely hurt Wolverine? Wolverine would've been hurt no doubt, but he's not going to be knocked out, winded or afraid to get back up. Luffy's pain was a different source, that's not piercing durability to my knowledge.

KingD19
I'm sorry but it sounds like you're saying is that Zoro is more durable than Hulk and Thor.

More than Thor's face bled from that fight. Wolverine has always had a super jump and he's always had a little more strength than shown.

So a mercy slash from Mihawk would severely hurt Wolverine? Wolverine would've been hurt no doubt, but he's not going to be knocked out, winded or afraid to get back up. Luffy's pain was a different source, that's not piercing durability to my knowledge.

No. I'm saying Zoro's durability is great enough that in a forum fight, not a comic fight wanking Wolverine, Logan would have a hard time doing any significant damage with his claws. As has happened several times over the course of his comics history. And also considering Zoro has tanked slashing damage and been not much worse for wear, for example his fight with Das Bones/Mr. 1. A guy whose body turns into steel blades and was matching Zoro in strength.

And in the RKT fight, yes, Logan cut his arm pretty good. In the fight I'm talking about, which is more recent, he cut Thor's face and had a little grid pattern with a bit of blood after a whole lot of work on Logan's part.

Yes, Logan has always been pretty impressive physically, but not enough to jump hundreds of feet high through that hole Colossus had thrown him through. Nor fast enough to cross the distance in the few seconds it took for the conversation they had before he got back. And considering there've been at least 2 times before where Logan tried to cut Colossus and got nothing but sparks when Colossus was younger and weaker, but now a much stronger and more durable Colossus gets cut pretty deep just as Logan's possessed by a powerful demon. Logic makes it clear Logan was amped.

And Zoro literally lost buckets of blood after taking Luffy's pain. There was a red area at least ten feet out from his body, and it was all his blood. And he was still dripping blood, perfectly coherent and conscious when Sanji found him.

Wei Phoenix
What fight wanked Wolverine? Surely you're not calling the Thor fight as a wank for Wolverine?

In that recent fight Thor's side was bleeding as well and he even said he was injured, although it's a minor injury.

Oddly enough Wolverine has been knocked back great distances and returned to the scene shortly after before. That's not the first time.

That pain isn't equivalent to a slash or piercing durability. Wolverine can cut him easily in my opinion.

KingD19
No. I mean Wolverine Wank is a thing. Just as Captain America Wank and Batman Wank. In a fair forum fight, Logan cutting him and doing more than superficial damage is unlikely imo.

And have you seen the scan in question? Because he pretty much threw him across the island. And he not only came back but somehow hopped up and through a hole in the top of roof. And no matter what he's done, you can't say the demon didn't amp him. Because he had several other powers, and he's tried to cut Colossus before and failed. Yet now he does it possessed. There's no way to think he wasn't amped.

And have you seen any of Zoro's fights? Like the fight against Das Bones? The guy was cutting clean through entire buildings. Also, this is something of a moot point since Logan only has a sword, not his claws.

Q99
Even with the claws it'd hardly matter because it wouldn't connect.

May I remind people of Haki? Zoro can both imbue his swords with basically mystic power so they won't be cut, as well as tell attacks are coming before they hit.

And, well, his combat speed is just much higher.

Wei Phoenix
See, that's the part that's confusing me. Wolverine has cut people like Thor and Hulk, he's pierced their skin with little trouble, he could pop a claw in Hulk's brain easily but you're saying that he can't do the same to Zoro which kind of insinuates that he's more durable than they are. Thor, Hulk, Abomination, Luke Cage are all more durable in my opinion.

No one in this thread has been wanking Wolverine, I'm not even really a fan of his.

I haven't seen the scan so I'll take your word for it.

I haven't seen all of his fights honestly.

Bentley
Wolverine can't use his claws here, so I don't know why you're even debating that.

And Wolverine has pierced through a guy who flies through stars, so it's safe to say he can slice through Zoro with the proper weapon.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Bentley
Wolverine can't use his claws here, so I don't know why you're even debating that.

And Wolverine has pierced through a guy who flies through stars, so it's safe to say he can slice through Zoro with the proper weapon.

Screampaste asked what if his claws were allowed, that's what sparked the claw debate.

Bentley
Why do you people even listen to Quanchi lite? awesr

ScreamPaste
Why do you people even listen to Quanchi lite? awesr Picking on Quan all over the forum does not make me like him. stick out tongue

I actually provide evidence when asked to.

NemeBro
Why do you people even listen to Quanchi lite? awesr I guess the main reason is because ScreamPaste made the thread, and as such dictates the match-ups.

Sixth_Winged
Zoro breaks one of his swords trying to amputate or decapitate logan but uses his others to flay the flesh from logans bones in split seconds..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.