Which movie will be the number one hit in 2003(will have the most ppl seeing it)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fire
okie, to make sure noone misreads
it can only include movies that come out in 2003
the amount of money they bring in from ppl who are going to see it, ALL OVER THE WORLD, is the one that counts.

BackFire349
return of the king.

Dano
What about the "Hulk" ha aha ha

Fire
if you think so, I doubt it

Augeybana
Nah Termintor is going to be big but it has tuff competion The Matrix's is going make money,But I think thje first weekend box office is going to be huge.Summer and year of the Sequels I say.

GordonSkywalker
I don't think Hulk will top the rest-especially not T3 which I voted for. That will be the best top film of the year! Go Arnold!

Augeybana
Yeah just hoping the franchise won't go bad like Aleins which sucked on the 3rd one.

GordonSkywalker
Hope not. Then the whole franchise will be tainted. sad

Sünden
We are forgotting X-Men 2: X-Men United. Though very doubtful to be the number one, it'll make some money, I gaurantee.

BackFire349
that it will.

Corran
I went for ROTK

finti
Return of the king or T3

GordonSkywalker
X2 or T3.

Fire
I think T3 will have to be really good to win it so it would be deserved if it did win

X2 I seriously doubt it I am a very big X-men fan myself, from the comics and the TV-show well I hated the first movie they cut out too many characters

GordonSkywalker
Yes your point is well taken. big grin

Thomas H
man write pirates of the caribbean instead...I could not see that it was that movie at once so I voted for BB2

Fire
Thomas you yourself referred to it as POTC
you being a way bigger fan of it than me would have known that I suppose
if you want some mod can delete this and i can create a new vote

Ushgarak
So altered. Don't thank me all at once...

GordonSkywalker
Thanks, Ush! Even though none of this involved me directly....thanks!

Julie
I'd go with ROTC, but I do hope that Pirates of the Caribbean also does well

Thomas H
the same here!

Fire
I dont see why
I dont see what you ppl think is so good about it
could anyone try to explain it to me
cause imo it's just a bit of good looking effects with a story far from seeming interesting

Thomas H
it seemes superb!!!

Fire
yea about a girl getting kidnapped by pirats that turn out to change into skeletons in moonlight was it?

well atleast that's how I remember it from the trailer
and that aint good

Bad Boy
I wish it would be Bad Boys 2, but theres no way it will be!

So I voted for ROTK!

Augeybana
I think ROTC will do good but not number 1 of the year but hey stranger things has happened.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah like who would have ever thought they would do a third Terminator film?

Augeybana
I never thought it was going to happen because the director Cameron isn't doing a True Lies 2 I'm surpised he did this...money in the bank for anyone who contributed to this movie.

Thomas H
the movie will hardly make any profit on the cinema worldwide...due to that it costs over 150 million plus over 100 million in advertising!

Augeybana
No but counting dvd sales which everybody knows sells big.

GordonSkywalker
Yes I agree that is a well-established fact with merchandising and sales as they are these days.

Augeybana
Parents are going to go crazing buying it for there kids....

GordonSkywalker
That is the story of every parent every generation. They have to buy lots of stuff for their children.

Augeybana
some spoil them then other's.that's why those Limited edition's dvd are very profitable.

Julie
they just wanna make more money:-(

Ushgarak
I have to go with Matrix Reloaded, really. It has a whole lot of pressure behind it. I think Terminator has burnt out a little by now- it will be very popular but against all thse other things... If not Matrix then Return of the King.

X-Men, likewise, will do great business but it won't be the top.

finti
Return of the king is gonna kick all the others ass

Thomas H
It probably will!

GordonSkywalker
Nah I disagree man. I am sure that suprises no one.

Typhoon19
BAD BOYS BAD BOYS WATCHA GONNA DO WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THEY COME FOR YOU.............
Aighhhttttttttt

I can't believe none of y'all said any shit about BADBOYS2 men.
This movie is gonna rock.
You seen the trailer?
DAMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNN

Typhoon19
Look at the picture, Awesome

Ushgarak
It's not going to top the box office list, though.

Julie
nope...haven't seen the trailer

Typhoon19
Go to .apple.com/trailers/columbia/badboys2/
and download or watch the trailer in any size.

After you seen it come over here and tell your opinion on this.

ThnX
Much appreciated

Bad Boy
Hold on! Another Bad Boys fan???????????????????

Typhoon19
Hell Yeahh !
Got a problem with that ?

Aighttt

Bad Boy
No problem cos after all, Bad Boys happens to be my favourite movie of allllll time!

Thomas H
yes indeed nice to have ya around typhon!

Fire
Well I still dont see what the fuss is all about

Typhoon19
Need glasses ?
haha Just kiddin pal

When Bad Boys came out in mid 90's it was da bom.
Then already they built a popularity and everyone is vacking it up of then.
So therefore thats a start to the hype.

You will see the fuss once its released in summer and it will top of every other movie in summer release.

It sure will make at least 175 million dollar.

Ushgarak
Well, it is total takings we are interested in. And of all the sequels listed there, Bad Boys had the lowest original takings. This isn't a matter of which film we will like the most, but which one will be SEEN by most, as shown by ticket sales.

Fire
idd
and I still think Badboy was overrated
atleast I think it isn't a very good movie no matter what everyone else thinks of it

Typhoon19
I think U guys got too much involved in High tech super power special effects stuff, No hard feelings though.

I have respect for your decisions and opinions and mine is the other way, so thnx for letting us now what u feel.

Much appreciated.

ps: We will see it when it drops in the box office in july. But if its me who has right be here dont run away smile
Just kiddin again

Fire
I just want a decent movie and NO I do not think bad boys is a good movie
I saw it about three times and I never had the feeling "I wanna see this again"

Ushgarak
It's really just a matter of practicality. Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers were the second and top, ticket sales-wise, of their year. The Matrix was the 4th. Terminator 2 was the top.

Bad Boys was twenty-second. Which is not to say it wasn't successful but it doesn't quite seem to be in the same category.

Thomas H
Bad boys was very sucsess full considering it had no super stars at that moment, no famous director and a production budget on 25 million...and it earned 65 domestic and 150 worldwide just on cinema...

and Typhoon, I seriously doubt that BB2 will gross over 175 million in the US, I guess someting around 120-140...

Ushgarak
150 million is a WHOLE long way below what the others got...

Thomas H
well, read what I wrote...there was no superstars or a famous director...and the movie was a sucsess after a lot of box office experts, and I seriously think they know it better than you....

GordonSkywalker
Words of a challenge brother,proceed with caution. big grin

Ushgarak
So what, Thomas, that is completely irrelevant. If you read what *I* said you will see that I did not say it was not successful. The ONLY relevant thing is that it was not AS successful as the OTHER films and nothing you say or do will change that.

This thread is NOT "Which film will do best, relative to who is in it." It is just which one will do best, full stop.

finti
whatever you say Thomas Will Smith was a huge star both as a musician and as a TV celeb

Thomas H
tells me a lot about what you know about box office things...

Thomas H
ohh my God....for Christ sake...he was not!!! he had not starred in one big movie...and he was starring in Fresh Prince wich was a not to high rated program...and his music carrer was not at top, because his ex-wife (I think) f***ed it up!

finti
you said the movie didnt have any well known actor, but the fact is Will Smith was a very well known figure back then. And that has nothing to do with box office at all, and BB didnt do all that well at all

finti
to put it this way Bruce Willis wasnt all that famous when he did Die Hard but that movie did very well.
I thought BB was so bad I wont even bother to see BB2 maybe I rent it when it is released on DVD/VHS but then it must be nothing else in the DVD shelves

Thomas H
die Hard $83,008,852 production budget 29 million

bad boys $65,807,024 production budget 20 million

so die hard did not do much better than BB, and BB was also one of the biggest movies on VHS that year!

finti
well it wasnt in top ten on the teathers that year

Thomas H
what movie?

finti
Bad Boys

Thomas H
neither was Die Hard...

finti
it didnt go that far back

Thomas H
neither did BB

Fire
does ti really matter

dgpeslis
I think the Matrix movies are going to be unreal. they are easily going to be the best

finti
matrix sucks

Thomas H
no it does not...ground breaking tecnology!

Augeybana
yeah and a great story it wasn't all action.

GordonSkywalker
Moderators can be wrong, you realise. This discussion(started by Fire) is a matter of which film do we individually think people will go see the most. This is a matter of opinion and should be an open discussion free from any ridicule I sense to be rearing its ugly head.

finti
Matrix had a great story? that was the entire problem with the flick it had a poor story. Doesnt help with kick ass effects if the story is absent as it was in Matrix

Fire
actualy gordon it was about which movie would attract the most ppl all over the world in general, not just which movie you are gonna see the most. if it would be like that I would have voted for ROTK

finti
people are queing up a couple of days in advance to see the LOTR films doubt I will see the same for the Matrix flicks in my hometown

Fire
no idea maybe not finti who knows I know one thing
I can't go to the premier of the matrix reloaded cause it is on a bloody thursday and I have school on friday I can however go to the LOTR marathon when ROTK comes out

Typhoon19
I just watched the trailer of T3 and i somehow have the feeling this movie is going to dissapoint the T3 fanz in a way.

It was all hyped up when it was rollin' and now after i watched it i have some critical stuff about the trailer.

1.point = Why in the hell is the enemy of terminator a FEMALE ?
a ****** FEMALE ?

That just won't be suitable for the ethics of this movie.

I mean the storyline basically needs a dangerous lookin' high fly super guy.
But a female does not bring that hardness, that ''He is one bad **********'' image type.

And the dialogues in the trailer were very insufficient.
Guys what do you think ?

I hope they ain't gonna ***** up this movie, cause it needs to be good.
It just needs to be

Ushgarak
Well, I would advance the idea that I am not at ALL wrong to use previous box office figures as supporting evidence to rule out BB2 from being the number one hit. Typhoon seemed amazed that more people had not selected Bad Boys 2- I was explaining an important reason why not.

finti
ok no swearing what so ever, and the neanderthal way of thinking is a little out of date. woman can be more cunning foes than men can, but we just have to wait and see

Thomas H
I liked the story in Matrix, well written after my opinion!

And bb2 is going to be great...!

finti
matrix didnt have a story just a lot of mumbo jumbo

Typhoon19
Finty how old are you ?

Matrix didn't had a story ?

Are you fo real ?
Listen here is the storyline maybe you'll understand it this way:
a thought-provoking script that owes a debt of inspiration to the legacy of cyberpunk fiction, this is much more than an out-and-out action yarn; it's a thinking man's journey into the realm of futuristic fantasy, a dreamscape full of eye candy that will satisfy sci-fi, kung fu, action, and adventure fans alike.

Those who are disappointed with The Matrix should be ashamed of themselves. Every great story has to start somewhere. Take Star Wars for instance. A great series started with 'A New Hope' the movie where we learn about the plot. Those who love Star Wars respect 'A New Hope' for the fact that it tells you where and when you are. The same goes for the Matrix. Respect the movie for the fact that it shows you where and when you are in the series.

That's it.

Thomas H
finti is to old....35...big grin

Julie
is that old?

Typhoon19
If your 20 then yes.
But then again if your 50 then 35 is young, see it like this smile smile

Just kiddin ppl chill

Julie
embarrasment I'm not even 20

Fire
lol julie there is no problem with not being twenty

as soon as people start to judge other people by their age we have aproblem, that's narrow minded and idiotic

I don't judge my friends by age

turin
well i beleive ROTK will bring in the most just by looking at the box office. Two Towers did more than all the other prequels to the other movies discussed and ROTK will (hopefully) blow Two Towers out of the water. I do think though that the matrix will be up close to the 300 million but i doubt it will break it. call me crazt but i bet ROTK breaks 400 million (US box office). hopefully i am not putting too much expectations on ROTK but i feel it will be a better movie then Two Towers due to better story line (in my opinion) and better movie ussually translates to more money, but not always.

Thomas H
ROTK- Will gross about 380-420 million
Matrix- Will gross about 220-250
Matrix 3- will gross 230-260 if number two is any good!
Pirates Of The Caribbean will gross 130-160 million

Typhoon19
ROTK Trailer description:

ww.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/1047330856

Read that link.

Anyway this one can be an overrated movie, if there are too many expectations it could mostly turn out to a dissapointment, but that's just a guess.

And i am 100% sure IT will never go over 300 million believe me !

However MATRIX can break the 300 barriere.
-------------------------------------------------------
But this is just my opinion, I could be WRONG !

Thomas H
I said that Matrix would not cross the 300 million barriere...and everybody had huge expectations at TTT as well, and that one did not disapoint.

finti
matrix will not break 300

Thomas H
as I said!!!

Typhoon19
You never know what the day will bring

turin
typhoon, sorry man but i think thomas h is right. rotk will be huge and Matrix movies will do good but wont brake 300.

Typhoon19
Nice to share your thoughts.
Ok i respect your comments.

Time will tell

Bad Boy
1) The Matrix has a cool story!

2) Bad Boys did well at the box office!

3) Bad Boys didn't feature any well known MOVIE stars!

4) Bad Boys didn't have an immense amount of hype!

5) Bad Boys KICKS ASS!!!!!

Thomas H
yes it does!

Ushgarak
Do we have any reason to think that ROTK will not break 300 million when the previous two did?

Thomas H
It will most sertainly break the 300 mill barriere!! maybe..if the critics are good..it could go as far as 400!

DRAGO
Better watch for X-2. It looks like they will make a 100 million in its first weekend.

Fire
I still dont expect much from it

zimbo
Matrix rel. rocks! even your stupid poll admits it

Dexx
why stupid?

yeah..i think matrix will score pretty high too.

Thomas H
hey its zimbo, long time no see man!

dlbrody
I think Matrix well nab it. X2 made the number 4 grossing movie ever so don't count that out. Still more people are familiar with the Matrix. ROTK will for sure be right up there. T3 doesnt have chance. It'll be a battle.

Ushgarak
Sorry, what is that about X2? It only just came out! I assume you are talking about the opening weekend.

turin
must be, it was packed at every theater around here. i barely got in.

GordonSkywalker
It was sold out here during the opening weekend. Me and my friend have yet to see it due to this. We are thinking of waiting for a bit before we try again.

Augeybana
Yeah Same thing the theaters have been sold out I thinking of going at 11 in the morning but hey it's worth it.

GordonSkywalker
Movies that early? I don't think they play them that early here. Usually the matiness(weekends) starts at noon.

Augeybana
Yeah some even at 9:45 am and last on eis 1:00 am.Movies like this always get packed even at that time.

GordonSkywalker
Interesting local policy.

Augeybana
Yeah I'm going to watch it friday even if I have to kill someone.I can't walk down the street without someone saying..."Have you watched X mEn 2...no it was awesome".So I have to also watch it because my girlfriend on it.

GordonSkywalker
Ah yes a man's got to do what a man's got to do. See it and let me know how good it is. Oh and give my regards to Anna Paquin! big grin

Augeybana
Yes I will do that GS my friend.

GordonSkywalker
Anyway, I have been hearing good things about this movie. Don't know when I will get to see it though. We only have one theater playing it here.

Thomas H
just 2 days to Matrix has its premiere!!,,mmmmmm,

Member.
Matrix reloaded will hit the big screens big. everyone's gonna see this.

turin
ya, do you think it will open up as big as X2? i dont think it is going to be in as many theaters (x2 set the record), but it will definitely be a huge weekend.

Thomas H
It will open bigger than X men, I predict some thing between 90-100 million....really depends if it opens on more than 3000 cinemas...but one thing is sure.,...it will open big...and hard!

Fire
in belgium all Kinepolis group theaters open with it
in Belgium it is assumed to be the biggest hit till the summer
they are calling it the most anticipated sequel ever
and things like that
I am really looking forward to it
I think it's gonna be a very good (looking) movie

turin
I just found out something over the weekend. Matrix was the highest grossing R rated film ever, according to the program i watched. i bet it will be big, but due to the R rating it probably wont do as good as x-men 2.

Augeybana
I don't know that movie is been very in people waiting list for a long time I got advance tickets for it and most of my friends.

Thomas H
Its going to hit hard,...only 14 hours left!!

turin
ya i cant wait. they are having a midnight showing at a theater by my house tonight so i am counting down the hours!!!

Thomas H
you lucky bastard!big grin

turin
thanks, ill let you all know how it is.

dlbrody
I still think X2 will win out. It's still number one. Has'nt got a bad review yet. The Matrix is getting some crappy reviews. As far as this Poll goes;

RTOK will defietly win!!!!!!

GordonSkywalker
X2 has been in theaters here for just under 2 weeks and is still #1 as far as I know. Thought some of you might like to know this.

Dexx
i doubt i'll bother to check it on the big screen. stick out tongue
Thought some of you might like to know this.

Augeybana
Well it rocked and I'm happy to have watched it on the big screen stick out tongue .

But everything has to end soon and The Matrix 2 is ready to take the # 1 this weekend.

Augeybana
Well it rocked and I'm happy to have watched it on the big screen stick out tongue .

But everything has to end soon and The Matrix 2 is ready to take the # 1 this weekend.

GordonSkywalker
Matrix 2 is this weekend augey? I thought it was already in theaters? Or was that just the sneak preview? By the way: T3 is out on July 2nd! Select stores are selling an official magazine dedicated to the new film.

Augeybana
No your right it came for the first time Today.Damn I've got to see it.

GordonSkywalker
Excuse me gentlemen. I have to go to town but will return later!

Augeybana
Alright captain if you have time watch The Matrix 2 then tell me about it alright.

Thomas H
saw x2 the other day...and I must say...10 times better than number 1!

turin
well, both are excellent movies, but i would have to say that matrix 2 will surpass x2. the only reason i say that is because there were people dressed as neo but i didnt see anybody dressed as x-men. so perhaps matrix has a little more of a geek staying power then x-men (which surprises me)

Ushgarak
FILM geek staying power, yeah.

GordonSkywalker
A most...fascinating thought gentlemen. I must consider your words carefully.

Thomas H
x1 sucked!

wierdman333
i don't think it'll be the best, but Matrix will probbably make the most money.

thelotrlovr15
I believe that Matrix Reloaded will be beaten by Hulk and then beaten by T3
but I belive that The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King will be the victor... I mean three movies one year after eachother? c'mon LOTR is the best series ever!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>