Poltergeist (2015)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji

Esau Cairn
Man, Poltergeist scared the hell outta me as a kid & to this day I refuse to watch it again.
No matter how tacky the special effects are, I simply can't bring myself to watch it.

Furniture moving on their own.
F that!

quanchi112
This sounds awesome. Always a huge fan of the first few. Clown was really scary when you're like 5.

BruceSkywalker
unless a good cast, won't be seeing

quanchi112
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
unless a good cast, won't be seeing Why not ?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by quanchi112
Why not ?

loved the original.. but i want a good cast and not a cast filled with people who can't act

quanchi112
loved the original.. but i want a good cast and not a cast filled with people who can't act Loved the original too. I love the Evil Dead manner in which its just happening to other people in the same time period.

Kazenji
Anyone seen the sequels?

steverules_2
I have..

Kazenji
Any good?

steverules_2
Uhm, they're...okay I guess but obviously the first movie was better. Reviews of them are really negative. I haven't seen them in ages but I remember being confused by the ending of the 3rd cause it made no sense at all, think it was cliffhanger ending. And Kane's return is just one of the most stupid explanations. Anyway if we're getting a sequel I guess it means it was a cliffhanger ending maybe.

jinXed by JaNx
just like the karate kung fu kid. there is absolutely no reason to remake this movie. just use the structure to tell your OWN goddamn story. is it really that hard? is it?

BruceSkywalker
Loved the original too. I love the Evil Dead manner in which its just happening to other people in the same time period.

yep

Originally posted by Kazenji
Anyone seen the sequels?

the second one was pretty good then they went downwill

steverules_2
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
just like the karate kung fu kid. there is absolutely no reason to remake this movie. just use the structure to tell your OWN goddamn story. is it really that hard? is it?

It's a sequel...isn't it? confused

quanchi112
2nd one was good but third completely fell apart. Actor who played bad guy in part 2 passed away but was awesome in that film.

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
It's a sequel...isn't it? confused

Clearly Jinxed didn't read properly.

steverules_2
I guess not

2nd one was good but third completely fell apart. Actor who played bad guy in part 2 passed away but was awesome in that film.

Well in the 3rd one the girl who played Carrie Anne died so they had to replace her with someone else and just do shots of the back her head since pretty much all the movie was done and the actor who played Kane for the 2nd film was diagnosed with cancer before he took on the role

quanchi112
I guess not

Well in the 3rd one the girl who played Carrie Anne died so they had to replace her with someone else and just do shots of the back her head since pretty much all the movie was done and the actor who played Kane for the 2nd film was diagnosed with cancer before he took on the role I know. Heather o Rourkes face was bloated entire movie. Sad.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Man, Poltergeist scared the hell outta me as a kid & to this day I refuse to watch it again.
No matter how tacky the special effects are, I simply can't bring myself to watch it.

Furniture moving on their own.
F that!

This is exactly how I feel. My parents were watching it, and I was trying to sneak a look. Yah.... didn't work out so well. But I made myself watch it "when I grew up" except for one scene which still makes me nauseous just thinking about it.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by siriuswriter
This is exactly how I feel. My parents were watching it, and I was trying to sneak a look. Yah.... didn't work out so well. But I made myself watch it "when I grew up" except for one scene which still makes me nauseous just thinking about it.

Which scene?
The clown didn't bother me too much because you knew it was there to scare you in some way.
The dead bodies in the pool was just gory, from a kid's point of view.

I just couldn't get over how the mom & kids thought the furniture moving was cool, especially the kid flying across the kitchen floor was considered "fun" with no logical explanation at all.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Which scene?
The clown didn't bother me too much because you knew it was there to scare you in some way.
The dead bodies in the pool was just gory, from a kid's point of view.

I just couldn't get over how the mom & kids thought the furniture moving was cool, especially the kid flying across the kitchen floor was considered "fun" with no logical explanation at all.

The blobbing, pulsing thing on the counter, and then the black dude's face starts to melt off. That kept me away from Poltergeist for twenty years, and then when I watched it again - the "SOOOO CHEEEESY!!" hit me.

I wonder if the new director will insist on having a psychic on the set.

Kazenji
Sam Rockwell in talks

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=84903

COG Veteran
Originally posted by siriuswriter
The blobbing, pulsing thing on the counter, and then the black dude's face starts to melt off. That kept me away from Poltergeist for twenty years, and then when I watched it again - the "SOOOO CHEEEESY!!" hit me.

I wonder if the new director will insist on having a psychic on the set.

The only director who has a chance in hell of making this movie work is Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead). Not interested in it without him. We'll probably just end up with a generic "turn corner and cue jump scene" movie like most nowdays.

Gideon58
Why anyone want to remake or reboot a classic like this that legend claims has a major curse attached to it is beyond me.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Gideon58
Why anyone want to remake or reboot a classic like this that legend claims has a major curse attached to it is beyond me. Like the curse was real.

Kazenji
You got proof it wasn't ?

steverules_2
Wasn't there a superman curse too?

the ninjak
This generation isn't capable of a good Poltergeist.

Kazenji
They'll just do something similar to Paranormal Activity.

the ninjak
They'll just do something similar to Paranormal Activity.

I predict something similar to The Amityville Horror remake.

quanchi112
You got proof it wasn't ? It is a series of deaths which can occur on the set of any movie. Since it was a horror movie you suddenly think it is real. Do you still try to catch Santa coming down the chimney ?

quanchi112
Wasn't there a superman curse too? Ask Kazenji the superstitious one.

Kazenji
Let me guess you don't believe in all that sort of stuff

i'm not going to hold your hand if you stay in a haunted place.

Gideon58
The 1982 original was pretty much perfection and as much as I have no desire to see a remake/reboot, wishing won't make it so, but I will reiterate that the 1982 film was perfection.

Kazenji
First images

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/first-images-from-the-poltergeist-remake-with-sam-rockwell-189

Kazenji
oop0gkA2H-Y

gotta love the new trend....teaser trailer for a trailer.

Impediment
The point of a trailer is to tease people about the movie and not reveal the entire damn plot and all of the jump scares.

Spawningpool
Only if Michael bay directs it

Kazenji
JdnsO_e5pDs

Looks somewhat good

i remember reading somewhere that they said it was going to be more of a kids movie, Going by that it'll scare em.

steverules_2
Wonder if they'll do the scene where the guy picks off his face...

Kazenji
Amazing what got passed off as PG back in the 80's.

Impediment
Jared Harris and his goofy f*cking Irish accent.

Impediment
I kinda want to see this, but I'm still not getting my hopes up.

This TV spot shows Sam Rockwell in the bathroom hallucinating that his face is melting/bleeding. I prefer the original scene where Marty peels off his face.

3C2ug2I64hc

marwash22
more times than not, ghost movies are the best comedies, They don't scare me, they make me lol.

Robtard
Will watch this due to Rockwell and Harries being pure win and the nostalgia from loving the first film as a kid, but am expecting little since the majority of modern horror flicks suck unwashed assholes.

Mindship
How much longer til they remake Paranormal Activity?

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindship
How much longer til they remake Paranormal Activity?

They're still making sequels, the fifth will be out in October

Stringer
Great another PA.

BruceSkywalker
looks like a $5 dollar sunday afternoon flick

Impediment
Originally posted by Robtard
Will watch this due to Rockwell and Harries being pure win and the nostalgia from loving the first film as a kid, but am expecting little since the majority of modern horror flicks suck unwashed assholes.

The first film is timeless to me, and is one of the films that can make me misty eyed. JoBeth Williams' performance was f*cking amazing.

Stringer
Yeah this remake will be shit. Ill wait for pirate bay

BruceSkywalker
saw the trailer prior to Furious 7 today and definitely confirmed this is a $5 sunday afternoon flick.. good thing i know an academy award voter who owns his own screening room big grin

Tzeentch
Do you give him rimjobs in exchange for free viewings?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Do you give him rimjobs in exchange for free viewings?

that is something a very ignorant person would say..

if you know how to use google then look up Charles Aidikoff..

Tzeentch
He looks like the type of guy who'd enjoy a rim-job, yeah.

BruceSkywalker
He looks like the type of guy who'd enjoy a rim-job, yeah.

then im sure you give that to people on a daily basis

Tzeentch
Oh yeah, I can spot wrinkly old men who like rimjobs from a thousand yards. It's an acquired skill.

Stringer
Have some class, buddy.

Impediment
Everyone cut the shit, please. Back to topic.

Tzeentch
m-my apologies, Impediment-sempai.

I love Poltergeist, this will probably be shit though. What's your opinion on that, Stringer?

Impediment
This will be sub par, but worth a watch on home media.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Impediment
This will be sub par, but worth a watch on home media.

And I'll be watching you.

https://www-304.ibm.com/connections/blogs/predictiveanalytics/resource/BLOGS_UPLOADED_IMAGES/im-watching-you.jpg

Stringer
m-my apologies, Impediment-sempai.

I love Poltergeist, this will probably be shit though. What's your opinion on that, Stringer?

I was actually talking to Bruce but Imp ****ed that all up. Back to this shit movie remake

Kazenji
Joblo has their review up for this one, 6/10

i was expecting it to receive a 4/10.

Impediment
A buddy of mine and his wife went to see this last night and told me that he wanted to walk out of the film 45 minutes into it, but his wife wanted to stay and watch.

He said it's a complete travesty and has no new anything of substance.

I believe him.

Kazenji
Joblo's

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I really have no interest in this. I'd probably much rather watch the original again. It just looks like they took the original and turned it into a PG-13 horror movie... and I thought/hoped those had gone out of style.

Kazenji
Lol...the original was also PG-13.

Patient_Leech
Always Mr. Literal, Kaz. You know what I mean. The recent PG-13 horror film genre that was popular for a while. The Ring, The Grudge, etc. In fact, I see that this was by the producers of The Grudge. No big surprise.

Patient_Leech
Lol...the original was also PG-13.

And as I suspected, no it wasn't. It was PG. Not the same as PG-13 for you non-American types.

Newjak
Watched this last night. I have seen the original but it was so long ago I don't remember too much of it.

With that said I enjoyed myself. The movie had some legit creepy parts to it. It has Sam Rockwell who is terrific in almost everything he does.

I felt the first half was definitely better than the second half but I think that is true of most horror movies.

It's worth checking out.

BruceSkywalker
strange this is will be a hit followed by a sequel while george clooney has a flop

Impediment
Saw it.

Terrible. Awful. Horrible.

An utter disappointment.

quanchi112
strange this is will be a hit followed by a sequel while george clooney has a flop What ? laughing out loud

BrainSturgeon
I think the girl who played the original Carol Anne is probably haunting the actors and the director after this. geeze!

way77
They all suck.

carthage
I think I got 20 minutes into this and turned it off

Shit Movie

way77
Cool.

way77
Who cares.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.