Rock of Ages Darkseid Vs Parallax (Sinestro)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/DS_zps94166cf7.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/Par_zps98485db1.jpg

guy222
How powerful was DS

operator616
Originally posted by guy222
How powerful was DS

not really powerful, with the help of the anti life equation he enslaved the earth, his power level seemed like normal darkseid, and was beaten by the atom and green arrow

Odekahn
Sinestro, he had complete control of the fear emotional spectrum.

Cogito
Originally posted by Odekahn

eh, by itself that doesn't mean what it used to.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Cogito
eh, by itself that doesn't mean what it used to.

It did in GL 20.

Cogito
It did in GL 20.

He really didn't do that much. Volthoom still proved to be much more powerful. He did kill the Guardians, which may or may not be impressive given their emotional trauma at the the time. Then he looked pretty evenly matched with GL Hal.

Parallax Sinestro in GL20 was pretty much in line with the other emotional spectrum entity possessed lanterns in the Johns era, which I would say is low trans.

Galan007
He really didn't do that much. Volthoom still proved to be much more powerful. He did kill the Guardians, which may or may not be impressive given their emotional trauma at the the time. Then he looked pretty evenly matched with GL Hal.

Parallax Sinestro in GL20 was pretty much in line with the other emotional spectrum entity possessed lanterns in the Johns era, which I would say is low trans. Sinestrallax flat-out stated that he likely wouldn't have been able to kill the Guardians had they not been weakened by Volthoom.

Cogito
Originally posted by Galan007
Sinestrallax flat-out stated that he likely wouldn't have been able to kill the Guardians had they not been weakened by Volthoom.

So it did. Guess I missed that line.

"Id"
Quick question, when the hell did GL Corps confiscate the central battery of the Yellow Corp? I remember it was on Korugar, prior to Volthooms trolling.

Odekahn
So what? He ripped volthooms heart out and was powerful enough to hold and constrain him while Hal drained the emotional spectrum from him.

Odekahn
Originally posted by "Id"
Quick question, when the hell did GL Corps confiscate the central battery of the Yellow Corp? I remember it was on Korugar, prior to Volthooms trolling.

When Hal and sinestro saved korugar from the sinestro corps.

"Id"
When Hal and sinestro saved korugar from the sinestro corps.
Thanks, I guess I need to brush up on my reading.

"Id"

It does not look as though, he drained the Yellow Central Battery of its power the way, Classic Parallax or Ion where empowered. Evident by the his corps still active, and what not.

He was strictly running on the Fear Entities power, which still makes him shit ton powerful.

"Id"
Originally posted by Galan007
Sinestrallax flat-out stated that he likely wouldn't have been able to kill the Guardians had they not been weakened by Volthoom.

Yeah
And those cosmic smurphs, role up on ya together.

They'll never go in one on one against Parallax.

Cogito
So what? He ripped volthooms heart out and was powerful enough to hold and constrain him while Hal drained the emotional spectrum from him.

So what. Atrocitus snapped his neck. That seemed to have about the same effect as the heart ripping -- very little.

Odekahn
So what. Atrocitus snapped his neck. That seemed to have about the same effect as the heart ripping -- very little.

Except he screamed when sinestro ripped out his heart, but didn't make a peep when his neck was broken.

And again, he was able to restrain Volthoom. Atrocitus couldn't.

Cogito
Except he screamed when sinestro ripped out his heart, but didn't make a peep when his neck was broken.
Screams do not a feat make.

Couldn't? Didn't try? Who's to say for sure.

For the record, I wasn't trying to say Atrocitus was at the same level as Sinestro

Odekahn
Screams do not a feat make.

Couldn't? Didn't try? Who's to say for sure.

For the record, I wasn't trying to say Atrocitus was at the same level as Sinestro

He was easily dispatched by volthoom in a single panel after the neck break. Atrocitus is above sinestro IMO, just way below a parallax possessed sinestro.

ODG

And again, he was able to restrain Volthoom. Atrocitus couldn't. My reading of that suggested that when Sinestrollax tore out his heart, it compromised his ability to manipulate the emotional spectrum within him -- something Sinestollax himself suggests, "You are heartless. And those that are heartless will never truly understand its power."

Volthoom never did heal the big gaping hole in his chest, even when he made his final stand. And that big gaping hole in his chest is exactly where BL Hal focused his Black Lantern powers to manipulate/expel the emotional spectrum. A callback to the times BLs would tear out their victims' hearts and any attendant emotions.

What Sinestrollax did seemed significant. And anyway, he was the only one who could break the barrier erected around Volthoom, BL Hal and lil Hal.

guy222
Sin wins

quanchi112
Sinestro wins.

Estacado

Atros wasn't even hurt after the attack ...he wanted Volthoom for himself and was ready to fight...Guy was asking him to wait for the other Lanterns....

xJLxKing
When Sinestro ripped his heart out, he no longer had ties with the emotional spectrum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.