Iron Man vs Hellboy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
Bloodlusted pure H2H deathmatch in a karate dojo
Who takes it?

Kazenji
Hellboy since its H2h, Just smash starks face in with the key.

NotAllThatEvil
Which suit does he have?

Lestov16
Avengers

BloodRain
The strength gap goes in Hellboy's favour, if not by a great amount. He also excels in combat.

FrothByte
Guess I'll be the first one to back IM then. People seem to underestimate the durability of his suit. Hellboy has smashed steel with his key before, but never anything with the same durability as IM's suit. He tanks bullets and missiles on a regular basis. He and Rhodes start hitting each other with barbells and don't even get scratched. For his suit so be compromised it usually takes an energy based weapon (which Hellboy doesn't have) or someone with as much strength as Thor - and Hellboy isn't anywhere near Thor in strength.

In fact, I think IM is overall stronger than Hellboy. All of Hellboy's strength feats were with him using his hand of doom, which makes me question just how strong the other parts of his body is. IM's strength is powered through his whole suit, so he'd probably win in a wrestling match.

Point is, Hellboy can hurt IM with the key but that's about it. IM can hurt Hellboy with his fists, feet, head, elbows, etc. Plus IM is more durable, as I don't remember Hellboy being bulletproof.

Lastly, is IM allowed to fly around and use his thrusters like he did with Thor? Because then than gives him a big mobility advantage over Hellboy.

Helboy is a better h2h fighter though, and can win the fight if he plays it smart. But IM just has more advantages.

Supra
Iron Man breaks hellboy

Emi~Kiro
Ironman fought with Thor and was able to take and give hits rather well. Hellboy isn't Thor in any way shape or form. Also H2H doesn't mean no flying.. Flying tackles, picking him up and dropping him from really high or flying him straight up until hellboy passes out..then drop him.

Also what I quoted. :3

Originally posted by FrothByte
Guess I'll be the first one to back IM then. People seem to underestimate the durability of his suit. Hellboy has smashed steel with his key before, but never anything with the same durability as IM's suit. He tanks bullets and missiles on a regular basis. He and Rhodes start hitting each other with barbells and don't even get scratched. For his suit so be compromised it usually takes an energy based weapon (which Hellboy doesn't have) or someone with as much strength as Thor - and Hellboy isn't anywhere near Thor in strength.

In fact, I think IM is overall stronger than Hellboy. All of Hellboy's strength feats were with him using his hand of doom, which makes me question just how strong the other parts of his body is. IM's strength is powered through his whole suit, so he'd probably win in a wrestling match.

Point is, Hellboy can hurt IM with the key but that's about it. IM can hurt Hellboy with his fists, feet, head, elbows, etc. Plus IM is more durable, as I don't remember Hellboy being bulletproof.

Lastly, is IM allowed to fly around and use his thrusters like he did with Thor? Because then than gives him a big mobility advantage over Hellboy.

Helboy is a better h2h fighter though, and can win the fight if he plays it smart. But IM just has more advantages.

BloodRain

Yeah IM's durability really went over my head when saying Hellboy wins.

I'll still stand on him being stronger and a much better fighter, but IM tanking missiles, smacks from Thor, being able to fly and the various ranged weaponry.. huge advantage. He takes the majority, Hellboy if like you said he plays it smart.

NemeBro
What the **** has Hellboy done to prove he is stronger than Iron Man?

FrothByte
Originally posted by NemeBro
What the **** has Hellboy done to prove he is stronger than Iron Man?

Yeah, I'm wondering this as well. What has Hellboy done strength-wise that IM wouldn't be able to replicate?

BloodRain
Yeah he really doesn't have any above current IM. The only strength is casually smashing down on a car. All that came to mind was the Mark 3 failing to hold up that car.. I'd like to note that I was watching Hellboy 2 while typing here so may have let that take over a bit.

Though hitting his head on the train and holding those grenades as they went off is impressive. Not IM impressive, but still.

FrothByte
Originally posted by BloodRain
Yeah he really doesn't have any above current IM. The only strength is casually smashing down on a car. All that came to mind was the Mark 3 failing to hold up that car.. I'd like to note that I was watching Hellboy 2 while typing here so may have let that take over a bit.

Though hitting his head on the train and holding those grenades as they went off is impressive. Not IM impressive, but still.

I was thinking of that smashing car thing as well. But again Hellboy did that with his stone fist, and punching a car is easier that lifting it up. If IM punched the car chances are his fist would have gone through it.

In any case, I stand by my original point that Hellboy's hand of doom is very strong and very tough, but the rest of his body isn't at the same level. Whereas IM's strength is equally distributed through his whole body.

SevenShackles
Ironman isn't standing still and taking his hits. Someone mentioned he can still fly and that's a big advantage stacked ontop of his other advantages here. Tony can even afford to fight stupid here and get hit a couple of times.

Given the hand of dooms strength how many hits to the head or arc reactor would ironman be able to take if he just stood there and let Hellboy hit him? Curious how ppl here precieve his durability.

BloodRain
For taking the train and grenades, at lease Red wont be killed of by any ranged weapon Tony fires his way.

I was thinking of that smashing car thing as well. But again Hellboy did that with his stone fist, and punching a car is easier that lifting it up. If IM punched the car chances are his fist would have gone through it.
Id wager it takes more to punch a speeding car having it flip over his head is above catching one thrown at him, if by a bit.

FrothByte
For taking the train and grenades, at lease Red wont be killed of by any ranged weapon Tony fires his way.

Id wager it takes more to punch a speeding car having it flip over his head is above catching one thrown at him, if by a bit.

I had this discussing with Robtard in another thread before. Hellboy didn't punch the SUV straight on and stopped it's momentum purely by his strength. He smashed the nose of the car down to the ground, and the nose of the SUV hitting the ground is what caused it to flip over due to it's momentum having no where else to go. Granted, a certain level of super strength is still necessary in order for Hellboy not to have moved an inch and to keep the SUV from sliding on the concrete, but it's not as impressive as compared to if he stopped the SUV with purely his own power (like catching one).

BloodRain
Wouldn't you need nearly equal force to the car to do that? If he did have to come even close, a 40mph(?) car will hit harder than one falling 5 ft.

Then again this is the Mark3. The suit in Avengers or IM3 I believe are stronger?

FrothByte
Wouldn't you need nearly equal force to the car to do that? If he did have to come even close, a 40mph(?) car will hit harder than one falling 5 ft.

Then again this is the Mark3. The suit in Avengers or IM3 I believe are stronger?

If he stopped the car with a purely horizontal force (like punching straight at it) then yes, he'd need equal force to stop the car. But what he did was punch the car down to the ground. The only amount force you'd need there is enough force to counter the car's springs and enough strength to keep it down and stop the car from sliding on the concrete. The concrete (and friction) will take care of the rest. The car cannot push the concrete aside after all, so it has to move it's momentum somewhere... and thus it flipped.

Like I said, Hellboy still displayed superhuman strength in punching it down and keeping it from sliding, but still not quite the strength required to completely stop a car in it's tracks. AND, he used the hand of doom to do it.

Supra
Tri beam lasers FTW

juggerman
Ironman took hammer shots from the mighty Thor! Hand of doom ain't doing booty

NemeBro

So an outdated suit drained of power being able to catch and hold up a car with little more than its arms and back constitutes as "weaker"?

Interesting.

SevenShackles
http://youtu.be/Y1g-B8BJzwc
I like how thor dents iron mans helmet with his headbutt.
When they jump at each other ironman's thrusters are able to give him the advantage and push Thor back. Hellboy doesn't generate as much forward motion as a flying Thor and I doubt him planting his feet would do anything to help.

Also why do ppl keep mentioning range weapons? OP said h2h and BLOODLUST is on. Tony out for blood scares me more than Hellboy in this situation.

BloodRain
If he stopped the car with a purely horizontal force (like punching straight at it) then yes, he'd need equal force to stop the car. But what he did was punch the car down to the ground. The only amount force you'd need there is enough force to counter the car's springs and enough strength to keep it down and stop the car from sliding on the concrete. The concrete (and friction) will take care of the rest. The car cannot push the concrete aside after all, so it has to move it's momentum somewhere... and thus it flipped.

Like I said, Hellboy still displayed superhuman strength in punching it down and keeping it from sliding, but still not quite the strength required to completely stop a car in it's tracks. AND, he used the hand of doom to do it.
Fair enough. All I know is that on Mythbusters even with a great force they couldnt come close to this feat.

Then again lolmoviephysics :T

Originally posted by NemeBro
So an outdated suit drained of power being able to catch and hold up a car with little more than its arms and back constitutes as "weaker"?

Interesting.
Nooo, that was just the only feat of his that came to mind.

'sides the steel punching thing mentioned I'm not even sure of IMs strength feats.

Genesis-Soldier
thanos wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.