Sentinel (Alan) Vs Volthoom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/AS_zps648e4ec1.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/VOl_zpsbce036ec.jpg

"Id"
Volthoom

Golgo13
Originally posted by "Id"
Volthoom

Even with the full power of the Starheart?

beatboks
Originally posted by Golgo13
Even with the full power of the Starheart?

"full power of the starheart" wasn't "sentinel" Alan.
When he called himself Sentinel was when his power source was JUST the green flame. Small but VERY distinct difference.

Starheart = All the magic in the universe that the Guardians could find when they wanted to clean up their "clockwork" universe.

The Green Flame = the Good magic that was a part of the magic gathered by the guardians

Basically in Alan's rewritten history when the guardians decided to act as protectors of the universe they saw magic as a threat to good. They gathered all they could and sealed it in the heart of a star. The good magic that was a part of that gathering knowing that the dark magic would one day escape broke itself free and became the meteor that fell to Earth in China and was made into a lamp ( which made it's way to carious hands like those of Aladdin before eventually being given to an man in an insane asylum who reforged it into a railway lantern and was returned to sanity. Alan then found it and was influenced to make a ring from it ( like the soldiers of the Guardians protecting their clockwork universe) The whole reason Alan had a weakness to Wood was because of the ling the "green Flame" and to life and therefore Alan couldn't harm life ergo Wood.

When Alan absorbed all the starheart into himself is when he lost the weakness to wood and could draw on both light and dark magic for power. He also went back to calling himself Green lantern about then.

BTW your image of Alan is Kingdom Come Alan so not either and really very little in the way of feats.

Q99
Starheart Alan had a kinda-silly 'lantern' costume and still went by GL iirc.

JakeTheBank
Actually, Alan's used Kingdom Come-esque armor several times in the pages of JSA, in large part because he looks badass as phuck in it.

That specific image is also from the JLA/JSA crossover "The Dark Things" which basically boiled down to Alan going bonkers due to the Starheart and then soloing both teams.

Odekahn
Originally posted by "Id"
Volthoom

SevenShackles
Volthoom wns this.
Nice to see the kingdom come armor tho.

the Darkone
Starheart Alan all the way

Golgo13
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Actually, Alan's used Kingdom Come-esque armor several times in the pages of JSA, in large part because he looks badass as phuck in it.

That specific image is also from the JLA/JSA crossover "The Dark Things" which basically boiled down to Alan going bonkers due to the Starheart and then soloing both teams.

Yep, cant believe beatboks missed that.

beatboks
Originally posted by Golgo13
Yep, cant believe beatboks missed that.

Jokes o me, I completely forgot that those images of him fighting PG and SG had him in the armor and when he actually appears on the moon. So much of that whole ark was fought by those under his control and his energy constructs ( or weather and forces of nature/prison guards he empowered).

The kicker is scans from my image sites are used for that very ark on half a dozen forums all the bleeding time. It must be the sword that threw e off, he only had that in KC to the best of my knowledge ( that's my excuse, cause the only other valid one is old age and not ready to admit that just yet (maybe next week)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.