Hulk vs. Lex Luthor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No prep....

Savage Hulk

Vs

Lex Luthor ( Batttle Suit)

Zack Fair
Hulk

Bentley
Luthor dodges Hulk for a while and retrofits his armor to absorb gamma energy on the fly. Hulk becomes depowered and Lex murders him after mocking Banner.

Stoic
Originally posted by Bentley
Luthor dodges Hulk for a while and retrofits his armor to absorb gamma energy on the fly. Hulk becomes depowered and Lex murders him after mocking Banner.

Or, the Hulk rips Lex out of that suit, and pops his head like a grape.

Sixth_Winged
I highly doubt luthor is fast enough to avoid any of hulks swings. The green goliath may not be on par with superman but his swings or his dashes are nothing to scoff at.

Luthors best bet is if his armor shielding is strong enough to withstand hulk for a few minutes til he can scan his weaknesses and employ the proper countermeasure.

Bentley
Originally posted by Stoic
Or, the Hulk rips Lex out of that suit, and pops his head like a grape.

You have a good point, Hulk 1/10.

hulk woud eat him

curryman
Lex Wins 7 Hercs out of 10.

ODG
Luthor dodges Hulk for a while and retrofits his armor to absorb gamma energy on the fly. Hulk becomes depowered and Lex murders him after mocking Banner. Has Luthor ever altered his suit to absorb energy?

janus77
Hulk flicks Luthor's head off.

Either that or Banner hacks Luthor's tech and crushes Luthor with it.

Hulk wins 10/10.

quanchi112
Hulk, easily.

JakeTheBank
Hulk can take the majority against a guy with a much better suit that's not designed as a one-trick pony. erm

Raisen
Originally posted by curryman
Lex Wins 7 Hercs out of 10.

Such hate

SevenShackles
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hulk can take the majority against a guy with a much better suit that's not designed as a one-trick pony. erm

Zack Fair
BhfJdJ2A6b8

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
Hulk, easily.

thumb down

If we are talking Lex Luthor in his "Future Lex" suit of armor (ala the one he wears during the Brainiac/Future Lex/Future Batman storyline, then the Hulk gets annihilated 10/10...

Tell me Quan, what do you know of Luthors armor?

janus77
Thunderclap FTW.

Hulk would hit Luthor so hard, Kevin Spacey's wig would fall off!

pym-ftw
Why would we LoM?

-Pr-
Lex won't win without prep. He's not being hacked, though.

janus77
Originally posted by -Pr-
Lex won't win without prep. He's not being hacked, though.
So Luthor's superior in tech to Doom, Reed and Tony?
Interesting...

-Pr-
Originally posted by janus77
Interesting...

He's smart enough to keep Banner out.

janus77
He's smart enough to keep Banner out.
I like that assertion. Confident and irrelevant. Nice.

-Pr-
I like that assertion. Confident and irrelevant. Nice.

I don't see how it's irrelevant.

Zack Fair
He's smart enough to keep Banner out. thumb up

janus77
I don't see how it's irrelevant.
It bore no relation to the question I asked.

JakeTheBank
So Luthor's superior in tech to Doom

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Doomserious.gif

-Pr-
It bore no relation to the question I asked.

Because it was a leading question, and ABC logic isn't a thing I like playing with.

It's Luthor V Banner in this fight.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Doomserious.gif

laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk one-shots him.

iceman24567
Lex headbutts Hulks pants off

janus77
Because it was a leading question, and ABC logic isn't a thing I like playing with.

Good, because it wasn't "ABC logic". As far as I am aware, Luthor's not gone and hacked Doom's tech or Tony's tech or confounded Reed. Banner has. And he has just recently again demonstrated superiority over Tony when it comes to software.

It's Luthor V Banner in this fight.

Yes and Banner has a fantastic CV to more than back up the idea of his hacking Luthor's tech.

janus77
Originally posted by iceman24567
Lex Luthor is MR. Chokesondick??

Zack Fair
Lex headbutts Hulks pants off Wait...what?

janus77
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Wait...what?
You heard him, you gonna stand for that?? sad

-Pr-
Good, because it wasn't "ABC logic". As far as I am aware, Luthor's not gone and hacked Doom's tech or Tony's tech or confounded Reed. Banner has. And he has just recently again demonstrated superiority over Tony when it comes to software.

Yes and Banner has a fantastic CV to more than back up the idea of his hacking Luthor's tech.

And you don't think Lex has enough skill to block hacking attempts?

Not to mention he would have to transform back from Hulk to banner to do so.

janus77
And you don't think Lex has enough skill to block hacking attempts?

Not to mention he would have to transform back from Hulk to banner to do so.
Not with any amount of prep, which is what Luthor would require to do anything against Hulk.

Banner's got the CV to do the hacking, he's done it to characters generally accepted as being better than Luthor at the tech lark.

-Pr-
Not with any amount of prep, which is what Luthor would require to do anything against Hulk.

Banner's got the CV to do the hacking, he's done it to characters generally accepted as being better than Luthor at the tech lark.

Who says they're generally accepted as being better?

Even if we'll take the stance that Banner could hack him, at what point in the fight is he going to do this?

JakeTheBank
Pr's got a point.

OP states this is Savage Hulk vs. Lex Luthor in his battlesuit. Not sure how Banner would go about hacking him in this state.

janus77
Who says they're generally accepted as being better?

Even if we'll take the stance that Banner could hack him, at what point in the fight is he going to do this?
Poll it, current Luthor vs Reed Richards or vs Tony or vs Doom... Simple and quick to get that point done with.

As for the matter of time, if Luthor gets prep time to customise his suit, Banner could use that time to plant a trojan or make some counter tech.

janus77
Pr's got a point.

OP states this is Savage Hulk vs. Lex Luthor in his battlesuit. Not sure how Banner would go about hacking him in this state.
I was responding to the notion that Luthor would get prep to customise the suit for Hulk.

Only logical that if Luthor's going to prep, Banner would too. Current Hulk might be "Savage" but he's perfectly capable of executing Banner's plans and triggering tech that Banner's prepared in advance for situations.

Stoic

And then what?

iceman24567
And then what? Finds what hes been looking for eek!

Stoic
Finds what hes been looking for eek!

laughing out loud

Zack Fair
Hair...?

iCTxLBOMOSU

iceman24567
Hair...? laughing

janus77
Hair...?

iCTxLBOMOSU
The largest rod of kryptonite ever in the known (and unknown) universe!

Bentley
Originally posted by ODG
Has Luthor ever altered his suit to absorb energy?

Mmmmh... I wouldn't put it above him but I get he hasn't since Pr saids he'd go down and he's more of a Luthor expert than I am.

Odekahn
This is just a bad matchup for luthor IMO. What can he actually do to hulk? That's the thing about hulk, if you can't kill him in a reasonable amount of time, his rage is going to grow and he will just get stronger. I think of how WoW has an enrage timer on their dungeon bosses. if you don't overcome him, he will eventually overcome you.

Bentley
He can always try to BFR.

Odekahn

That's a fair point.

quanchi112
Mmmmh... I wouldn't put it above him but I get he hasn't since Pr saids he'd go down and he's more of a Luthor expert than I am. If he hasn't and you're unaware you can't just say he can.

SevenShackles
His only hope here is BFR. Either hulk or to himself to save himself from possible death.

Odekahn
Originally posted by SevenShackles
His only hope here is BFR. Either hulk or to himself to save himself from possible death.

Agreed. And it's a think fast moment for luthor.

quanchi112
Originally posted by SevenShackles
His only hope here is BFR. Either hulk or to himself to save himself from possible death. Gladiator tried and failed.

Odekahn
Originally posted by quanchi112
Gladiator tried and failed.

Yeah but removal by brute force and tech are 2 different things.

-Pr-
Luthor's suit doesn't give him many options for BFR. TBH, I can't even see him even trying to physically throw Hulk from the battlefield. He does have energy blasts, but they won't put Hulk down.

Lex's only real way to survive is self-bfr, imo.

janus77
Originally posted by Odekahn
Yeah but removal by brute force and tech are 2 different things.
Hulk's reaction speeds are too fast for Luthor to do anything.

He easily tagged a bullrushing Sentry, he's grabbed herald levellers travelling at high speeds and he's been faster than QuickSilver a time or two too.

Luthor has zero chance. This is murder, pure and simple.

pym-ftw
he's been faster than QuickSilver a time or two.
Reacting to /=/ being faster than.

That said hulk can keep pace with Luthor imho

Badabing
Originally posted by Supermex
Who wins?
No prep....

Savage Hulk

Vs

Lex Luthor ( Batttle Suit) Originally posted by janus77
Interesting... You have scans of Savage Hulk hacking tech from Doom, Reed or Tony? If not then the point is moot. wink

janus77
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Reacting to /=/ being faster than.

That said hulk can keep pace with Luthor imho
No, by "reacting to" I mean that he moved his limbs faster than QS, that he leapt faster than Jack Of Hearts to move and that generally he's far far faster than Luthor can process.

It's not about him keeping pace with Luthor, it's about Luthor getting pummelled before he can even raise a hand to shield his face from the inevitable.

janus77
Originally posted by Badabing
You have scans of Savage Hulk hacking tech from Doom, Reed or Tony? If not then the point is moot. wink
I haven't scanned them yet, ran out of red crayon so his pants don't look legit yet ... gimme time.

Anyway, that was (as I stated) in response to the notion that Luthor would get prep time to modify his suit to absorb gamma ... Banner with prep = dead Lex.

pym-ftw
Hulk can't move faster than Pietro... He may have reacted and surprised him but he isn't faster...

I agree with the rest to a point, luthors flight gives him an equalizer

janus77
Hulk can't move faster than Pietro... He may have reacted and surprised him but he isn't faster...

I agree with the rest to a point, luthors flight gives him an equalizer
I'll have to hunt out the scans, but I'm sure Hulk has been faster than QS.

And I'm certain he can be, he achieves escape velocity without much trouble, he has muscles that produce incalculable force, there's nothing to suggest that he would have difficulty in moving at mach speeds (at a minimum).

Flight won't help, unless he is seriously looking to self-bfr. Hulk just thunderclaps him to atoms.

pym-ftw
Pietro has low to near Lightspeed feats, specificly in mighty Avengers.

I'll stop so as not to derail the thread

janus77
Pietro has low to near Lightspeed feats, specificly in mighty Avengers.

I'll stop so as not to derail the thread
Ah, well I'm referring to feats some time before the bump up then.

Still, back on topic. Luthor dies within seconds.

Spite.

Supermex
I heard QS can go light speed now..
Is that true?

pym-ftw
Yes, or very close

carver9
I'll have to hunt out the scans, but I'm sure Hulk has been faster than QS.

And I'm certain he can be, he achieves escape velocity without much trouble, he has muscles that produce incalculable force, there's nothing to suggest that he would have difficulty in moving at mach speeds (at a minimum).

Flight won't help, unless he is seriously looking to self-bfr. Hulk just thunderclaps him to atoms.

http://m388.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Stats/SavageHulkAgility12175.jpg.html

Odekahn
Hulk's reaction speeds are too fast for Luthor to do anything.

He easily tagged a bullrushing Sentry, he's grabbed herald levellers travelling at high speeds and he's been faster than QuickSilver a time or two too.

Luthor has zero chance. This is murder, pure and simple.

Wait... Are you saying Hulk wins via speed blitz??? 0.o

Emi~Kiro
Luthor created his armor to fight and take down superman right? I understand his armors purpose is to fight superman and because of that has tons of green rock inspired weapons but surely if it's made to harm , dodge and take hits from superman it can handle Hulk before he amps. How can Luthor not have a shot for at least a K.O. Like using a full frontal attack full power hitting hulk with all he has while hulk is still at his base.

Or is Luthor's armor such a joke that it doesn't even give superman pause so it is just as effective as old ironman armor? Most I remember of Luthor armor was in that batman/superman comic public enemies. I'm not aware of any armors after that.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Emi~Kiro
Luthor created his armor to fight and take down superman right? I understand his armors purpose is to fight superman and because of that has tons of green rock inspired weapons but surely if it's made to harm , dodge and take hits from superman it can handle Hulk before he amps. How can Luthor not have a shot for at least a K.O. Like using a full frontal attack full power hitting hulk with all he has while hulk is still at his base.

thumb up

Many of those here arguing dont even know what the armor is capable of...

Luthor one-shot-killed Wonder Woman with that armor...

Sixth_Winged
He did? When did luthor did that against a Diana?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
He did? When did luthor did that against a Diana?

In the future; during the Brainiac/Future Lex/Future Batman storyline...

Zack Fair
Lex Luthor's chances increase if this the usual dumb Savage Hulk. He might come up with something to put him down or get rid of him before his amping becomes too much. Still odds are in favor of Hulk, so Luthor better do whatever the **** he has to do and do it fast.

JakeTheBank
A future non-canon version of the armor is being entertained here? 'bout as relevant here as bringing up Worldbreaker Hulk.

...though, actually, Hulk can achieve that level under his own power.

I would take Iron Man's older armors over Lex Luthor's battlesuit any day of the week. And Hulk regularly trashes Tony.

Emi~Kiro
How much force is needed to KO savage hulk at his base levels?
Lex armor + apokolips shields + full speed/full power charge = possible hulk KO?

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
thumb up

Many of those here arguing dont even know what the armor is capable of...

Luthor one-shot-killed Wonder Woman with that armor...

Scans please?

Odekahn
A future non-canon version of the armor is being entertained here? 'bout as relevant here as bringing up Worldbreaker Hulk.

...though, actually, Hulk can achieve that level under his own power.

I would take Iron Man's older armors over Lex Luthor's battlesuit any day of the week. And Hulk regularly trashes Tony.

Pretty much this.

janus77
Wait... Are you saying Hulk wins via speed blitz??? 0.o
Any reasons to suppose Luthor can react fast enough to counter a mach speed leap or a thunderclap at machspeed+?

Hulk's reactions and reflexes are proven to be sufficient to tag, track, capture, dodge and otherwise deal with lightspeed and near lightspeed characters.

So, I don't see what chance Luthor has of surviving the first second, if Hulk decides to start off with a meaty punch.

Or is Luthor's armor such a joke that it doesn't even give superman pause so it is just as effective as old ironman armor? Most I remember of Luthor armor was in that batman/superman comic public enemies. I'm not aware of any armors after that. yeah the armor doesn't really put him on par with named kryptonians.

edit: btw, until I see it happen on panel, I don't see hulk really blitzing anybody.

janus77
Originally posted by 753
yeah the armor doesn't really put him on par with named kryptonians.

edit: btw, until I see it happen on panel, I don't see hulk really blitzing anybody.
He blitzed The Mad Thinker, he's blitzed fighter jets in the past, he's also run faster than missiles and caught them too ...

He's like Surfer, just with open-hand slaps instead of blasts.

-Pr-
Luthor's armour is so strong because it's designed to fight Kryptonians. He's never had to broaden it before.

Odekahn
Any reasons to suppose Luthor can react fast enough to counter a mach speed leap or a thunderclap at machspeed+?

Hulk's reactions and reflexes are proven to be sufficient to tag, track, capture, dodge and otherwise deal with lightspeed and near lightspeed characters.

So, I don't see what chance Luthor has of surviving the first second, if Hulk decides to start off with a meaty punch.

I think I'm misunderstanding you. If by tagging him you mean luthor can't run forever I agree with you, if you think it would happen relatively fast I also agree. And I agree that hulk wins this fight hands down.

What I don't agree with is that it's a flawless victory, and by that I mean that luthor doesn't so much as get to shoot once and it's avengers the movie Loki ragdoll scene all again. Luthor will dodge for a bit, maybe not long (definitely not long enough), and attach the hulk. The attacks will actually phase and hurt the hulk for a bit until he gets angry enough to shrug off whatever luthor can throw at him. Luthors only true hope here is bfr.

P.S. this was a son of a ***** to type out on my iPhone lol

Emi~Kiro
I think I'm misunderstanding you. If by tagging him you mean luthor can't run forever I agree with you, if you think it would happen relatively fast I also agree. And I agree that hulk wins this fight hands down.

What I don't agree with is that it's a flawless victory, and by that I mean that luthor doesn't so much as get to shoot once and it's avengers the movie Loki ragdoll scene all again. Luthor will dodge for a bit, maybe not long (definitely not long enough), and attach the hulk. The attacks will actually phase and hurt the hulk for a bit until he gets angry enough to shrug off whatever luthor can throw at him. Luthors only true hope here is bfr.

Is BFR even a option? I mentioned it before and someone said he could only really BFR himself as he didn't have anything to hit hulk with to BFR him.

janus77

lol, now I feel even worse for dragging this tangent out ...

Especially since I do believe that current "Savage" Hulk would basically shrug off any of Luthor's attacks (should Luthor be able to mount any such attacks).

Hulk doesn't seem to be too fussed about rushing humans, if they're bad guys.

Odekahn
lol, now I feel even worse for dragging this tangent out ...

Especially since I do believe that current "Savage" Hulk would basically shrug off any of Luthor's attacks (should Luthor be able to mount any such attacks).

Hulk doesn't seem to be too fussed about rushing humans, if they're bad guys.

I can agree. Luthors suit is geared towards superman, not something like the hulk.

And as I said bfr is luthors only hope. I don't know if he has the ability to do such. He may not in which case he gets SMASHED.

janus77
I can agree. Luthors suit is geared towards superman, not something like the hulk.

And as I said bfr is luthors only hope. I don't know if he has the ability to do such. He may not in which case he gets SMASHED.
what kind of phone do you use, how comfortable is it to type in a web form?

I find using this forum a bit of a slog even on a regular keyboard & screen, can't imagine trying it on a mobile phone for any length of time.

He blitzed The Mad Thinker, he's blitzed fighter jets in the past, he's also run faster than missiles and caught them too ...

He's like Surfer, just with open-hand slaps instead of blasts. I dont consider those proper blitzes. his interception speed is pretty excellent though.

Odekahn
what kind of phone do you use, how comfortable is it to type in a web form?

I find using this forum a bit of a slog even on a regular keyboard & screen, can't imagine trying it on a mobile phone for any length of time.

iPhone 5. It's not terrible, I'm decently fast at texting on this. But I'm a MUCH faster typer. I often reply to this forum while I'm at work and I guess I just got used to it.

janus77
Originally posted by 753
I dont consider those proper blitzes. his interception speed is pretty excellent though.
I don't see any meaningful difference really. Blitzes are just rapid-fire attacks that overwhelm an opponent, imo.

We're not talking FTL Flash blitz jobs here, we're only dealing with Luthor and Hulk's definitely fast enough to overwhelm Luthor before he's even processed what's happening.

Hulk's got all the tools, he's demonstrated them in use (against inanimate objects, occasional heralds, Mad Thinker and a few others) as well as ofcourse the ability to react to and process information coming at super speed.

janus77
iPhone 5. It's not terrible, I'm decently fast at texting on this. But I'm a MUCH faster typer. I often reply to this forum while I'm at work and I guess I just got used to it.
Ah, I never surf on the phone when I'm at a client's... prefer to use their computers smile.

Trying to shake myself free of the weird desire to buy a Win 8 phone next ... Never got an apple, went for android and winphone 7 previously.

Stoic

Or is Luthor's armor such a joke that it doesn't even give superman pause so it is just as effective as old ironman armor? Most I remember of Luthor armor was in that batman/superman comic public enemies. I'm not aware of any armors after that.

The only problem that I can see with this type of logic is that the Hulk isn't Superman, and he isn't allergic to little green rocks.

BUSTER1
Savage Hulk ftw.

Emi~Kiro
The only problem that I can see with this type of logic is that the Hulk isn't Superman, and he isn't allergic to little green rocks.

I dont read alot of superman comics but I have read a few so please tell me if I'm wrong but Lex doesnt always flood the area with kryptonite before a fight.
My only point of reference is the fight in public enemies where he has the armor made in the firepits of apokolips. Superman flies from Japan or something and hits lex in the armor and he comes right back for more taking more shots and then heat vision like nothing. He Shoots green beams at him like once (I assume it's green rock fueled beams but it could just be motif) punches superman a bit then gets his shields bashed by multiple punches then one punch shreds the front of his armor and sends him across town.

It still took superman lvl punches. Not saying he lasts long with Hulk I just still think he can pump his shields to max and charge at the hulks head after maybe giving him a distraction if not full on bullrush. If that doesn't work then self BFR. A 1/2 out of 9 1/2 in lex favor.

carver9
Lex Luthor blasts are radiation like. Thats the last thing he should shoot at Hulk. I will post scans later of Savage Hulk being shot by radiation blast and Savage grabbing those blast out of the air, absorbing it, then shooting it back at his target "continuously". Lex will probably amp him as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.