xXx: The Return of Xander Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet Fox
I recently bought all the Fast and the Furious movies to watch before I go and watch the 6th in theaters now. This got me wondering about Vin Diesel and I checked out his list of movies. At the top with 'Announced' beside it was this.

Anyone got any information?

Major_Lexington
I saw a tiny article here:

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/456226/XXX-The-Return-of-Xander-Cage/overview

Cool, first sequel with Vin since the 2002 original.

Scarlet Fox
According to the Second film he was assasinated in Borabora.

There is two possible ways I see this going.

1: The Assasination was only an Attempt and he survived.

2: Or it was never even attempted and just said by Gibbons in order to throw people off Xanders trail. People may tend to forget a face after 8 years of thinking him dead. Perhaps it is a ploy to get him into some other sheet.

juggerman
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
According to the Second film he was assasinated in Borabora.

There is two possible ways I see this going.

1: The Assasination was only an Attempt and he survived.

2: Or it was never even attempted and just said by Gibbons in order to throw people off Xanders trail. People may tend to forget a face after 8 years of thinking him dead. Perhaps it is a ploy to get him into some other sheet.

Or 3. State of the Union never happened.... I like number 3

the ninjak
Oh god please no more of these.

To make another is to further retard the collective subconsciousness deeper than the damage has already been done.

Scarlet Fox
I actually liked the First one. But maybe that is because I am a Vin Diesel fan. I didnt like the second one, so I have to add Juggermans number 3 to the list of possibilities. xD

BruceSkywalker
there is only one james bond.. first xxx was silly, second out and out shit.. third is obviously a retcon

Major_Lexington
without even looking I know Sam Jackson will be reprising his role, Sam love to act, in almost anything!

0mega Spawn
State of the union wasn't bad mad

Kazenji
It was shit

no need to be in denial.

super pr*xy
Originally posted by Kazenji
It was shit

no need to be in denial.

the ninjak
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
State of the union wasn't bad mad

Don't.

Kazenji
tmC19e6EGb8

quanchi112
This is more crapola. I am sure Robtard is a huge fan.

Surtur
Xander Cage is one of the GAYEST names ever.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Surtur
Xander Cage is one of the GAYEST names ever.

And you would know how?

Surtur
And you would know how?

I minored in gay ass names in college.

Another contender is Cypher Raige from "After Earth".

Any other questions?

Esau Cairn
I'm just hoping this is the "obligated" movie Vin has to do to get more funding for the next Riddick instalment.

Surtur
Yeah the next Riddick should be Riddick going to shank the Necromongers. F*cking dirty b*tches, you keep what you kill but NOBODY killed Riddick! Boy those people are going to be red in the face when they realize he is alive.

It's like Vaago didn't learn his lesson when it comes to not making sure this dude is dead.

Dreampanther
Loved the first one. Trailer looks dope for the third one: Pure mindless fun.

BruceSkywalker
will see but only for Nina Dobrev

Patient_Leech
Yeah, this looks pretty awful, but hopefully it will be amusing fun.

Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah the next Riddick should be Riddick going to shank the Necromongers.
The next Riddick is supposed to be an origin story, which I hope doesn't ruin the character. Called "Furia." Why it's not "Furya" I don't know. That's the way it's been spelled until they announced the origin story. So I am very confused.

confused

Khazra Reborn
How does Vin Diesel keep getting movies financed at this point?

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

SMH. You're kidding, right?

It's simple: His movies are FUN. They're fun to watch and seem to be fun to make as well, judging from the respect and affection the cast has for each other. That means people want to go and see them.

Fast & Furious 6 cost a $160 million to make and earned almost $790 million worldwide. Furious 7 cost $190 million to make and earned more than $1,5 BILLION worldwide.

Hell, even Riddick made money. It cost less than $40 million to make and earned almost $100 million.

I should think that investors are lined up around the block begging Vin Diesel for a chance to invest in his movies.

Khazra Reborn
Take it easy chief. You don't have to validate Vin Diesel's entire career to try and prove to me that his films are worthwhile. It's not going to change my opinion.

Dreampanther
Hmm, didn't like having your question answered?

Ascendancy
Yeah, how do successful people keep having money thrown at them? I don't get it.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Hmm, didn't like having your question answered?

No, I don't really care, TBH. I'm more surprised at you're overreaction in defense of a c-grade actor.

marwash22
"Guns. Girls. Global Domination."

ewwwwww. dat dialogue is straight cringe.

marwash22
this movie is sponsored by Kraft Mac n cheese.

xandercage
Superb Post Admin you made a fantastic Post. See my Vin Diesel Fur Coat from
LeathersJackets .com

riv6672
No, I don't really care, TBH. I'm more surprised at you're overreaction in defense of a c-grade actor.
I love when people ask silly questions, get competent answers, then deflect. big grin

Several months ago someone complained how "Chris Pratt gets put in EVERY DAMN MOVIE nowadays".
I pointed out he'd starred in just 2 movies in 2014, 1 in 2015, and has 2 scheduled this year.
His reply "Well thats not what i MEANT". Well thats whatcha said, asshat. smile

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by riv6672
I love when people ask silly questions, get competent answers, then deflect. big grin

Several months ago someone complained how "Chris Pratt gets put in EVERY DAMN MOVIE nowadays".
I pointed out he'd starred in just 2 movies in 2014, 1 in 2015, and has 2 scheduled this year.
His reply "Well thats not what i MEANT". Well thats whatcha said, asshat. smile

I'm not deflecting anything, I still think Vin Diesel is terrible.

riv6672
Haha sure. smile

Khazra Reborn
What am I deflecting?

Patient_Leech
SMH. You're kidding, right?

It's simple: His movies are FUN. They're fun to watch and seem to be fun to make as well, judging from the respect and affection the cast has for each other. That means people want to go and see them.

Fast & Furious 6 cost a $160 million to make and earned almost $790 million worldwide. Furious 7 cost $190 million to make and earned more than $1,5 BILLION worldwide.

Hell, even Riddick made money. It cost less than $40 million to make and earned almost $100 million.

I should think that investors are lined up around the block begging Vin Diesel for a chance to invest in his movies.
Take it easy chief. You don't have to validate Vin Diesel's entire career to try and prove to me that his films are worthwhile. It's not going to change my opinion.

His success could be summed up with one word: charisma.

That's great that you think he's a terrible actor, but that's why he gets movies financed. He has charisma and charm.

riv6672
^^^You just sounded like Pauly Shore in my mind when he defined charisma in "Son In Law"! thumb up

Khazra Reborn
You guys are giving a literal answer to a question I wasn't really asking. Obviously, I understand that the guy has an audience, there wouldn't be 97 Fast and Furious movies if he didn't. I just don't get why people like him, pretty much every line I've ever heard him deliver is cringey at best.

riv6672
...pretty much every line I've ever heard him deliver is cringey at best.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3UkZOZIO63I

stick out tongue

Kazenji
9lRd1Bn28CI

steverules_2
So xXx is hiring a guy who crashes his van...okay, seems like a guy I'd want on my team

riv6672
Perfect movie logic!

TheVaultDweller
9lRd1Bn28CI

Looks completely ridiculous. I'm in.

riv6672
Same. I will park my brain at the door and relax...

Dreampanther
Loved the first XXX. This one looks like it might be just as much fun to watch.

Patient_Leech
9lRd1Bn28CI

It looks horrible.

But hopefully it'll be fun.

BruceSkywalker
I just want nina dobrev to be nude lol

marwash22
This movie is...

https://media.giphy.com/media/oGBw7OaVBei1W/giphy.gif

will DL for Donnie Yen tho.

riv6672
Loved the first XXX. This one looks like it might be just as much fun to watch.
I had a good time at the theater watching the original.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by riv6672
I had a good time at the theater watching the original.

Yeah, hopefully the campiness will make this fun like the original.

0mega Spawn
It was shit

no need to be in denial.

Lets look at the facts... Xander cage is some athlete turned superspy.
Darius Stone is a battle hardened ex con turned superspy.
Acting wise there are major differences lol.

Kazenji
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Lets look at the facts... Xander cage is some athlete turned superspy.
Darius Stone is a battle hardened ex con turned superspy.
Acting wise there are major differences lol. just keep telling yourself that....

0mega Spawn
just keep telling yourself that....

Hey I didn't like the movie myself but neither did I like the first one...

But in comparison there wasn't much difference in plausibility script wise.

Patient_Leech
Epic Star Wars-style poster, with Xander riding a motorcycle on an ocean wave.. laughing out loud

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMzcwMjkxMzQ3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzgyNDA5MDI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,640,1000_AL_.jpg

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Epic Star Wars-style poster, with Xander riding a motorcycle on an ocean wave.. laughing out loud

You're finding it laughable because someone can ride a bike on the ocean?

they can actually do that btw in real life.

Patient_Leech

It requires some serious modifications to the bike (you can't just take any motorcycle for a spin on water) and it still looks quite silly.

Kazenji
Then again alot of things do for you.

Dreampanther
(you can't just take any motorcycle for a spin on water)

I refute your argument thus:

KIhH0-7oUvw

CLpXyIZ9gsM

Patient_Leech
I refute your argument thus:

KIhH0-7oUvw

Not a very long distance.

CLpXyIZ9gsM

I'm not convinced that that water is very deep.

Patient_Leech

Do you know what it's like to laugh, Kaz? Have you ever smiled? You should... it's fun.

8Y8FIcthDOY

riv6672
It requires some serious modifications to the bike (you can't just take any motorcycle for a spin on water) and it still looks quite silly.
Then again alot of things do for you.
haha

Markk
Seems like a typical Diesel flick..

Kazenji
Paramount wants more of these movies

and also Ice Cube's character is in it, Could've save it for the movie instead of a tv spot

0EsT7fUdIOw

marwash22
not planning on seeing this in theaters, but i agree, they should have let that be a surprise cameo.

Patient_Leech
Haha.. Ice Cube.

What they SHOULD have done was leave him out completely and distance this movie as far as possible from that atrocity. laughing out loud

I might go see this in the theater if I can con some friends into going to see it ironically.. lol

marwash22
lol @ you acting like XXX was THAT much better than the sequel.

Robtard
*Fact Bomb*

First film was shit
Second film was shittier shit
I think we can all see were the third will land or there about

ps Why did they make Vin look down-y in the poster? Odd move, or is it brilliant?

Patient_Leech
I find the first entertaining in it's awfulness.

The Rammstein performance at the beginning alone is worth the price of admission. laughing out loud

I wonder who they will have this time, probably 2 Chainz or something.. lol

Flyattractor
This is watchable but most def a wait for Redbox at best.

Patient_Leech
Wow, the first couple reviews I see on Rotten Tomatoes for this are somewhat positive. I'm surprised... confused

Patient_Leech
Holy god, this movie did pretty poorly here in the States, but did you see how much it made overseas??

Box Office Mojo - XXX 3

It's the highest grossing movie of 2017 so far. Probably not for long, but still..

Patient_Leech
Just saw this. Watched it ironically with friends which made it a lot more fun than it would have been otherwise, because it's terrible. The first 2 acts don't even have any cool stunts. But the third act has some pretty funny shit. It's pretty much a live action Looney Toons cartoon. People die and come back and get hit repeatedly by cars without so much as a scratch.

Recommended. But not sober. And not alone.

Dreampanther
I wouldn't have paid to go watch it in a theater. But yeah, watching it at home with a couple of beers and company is fun. The first was awesome: I saw it at the right time and loved everything about it: The opening scene with Rammstein, the humour, the X-games stunts, the macho poses and one-liners thrown in with a smile and a wink.

This one tries hard, but doesn't quite succeed in pulling all that off. However, it does do one thing well: Make fun of itself. And make fun of other action movies, from Avengers to The Expendables.

Simply put, if you're not a fan of Fast and Furious type movies you are not going to like it. But for me, it was worth it just to see Donnie Yen and Vin Diesel team up and kick some ass.

TheVaultDweller
But for me, it was worth it just to see Donnie Yen and Vin Diesel team up and kick some ass.

The scenes with Donnie Yen were some of the best in the movie IMO. They made Tony Jaa look like a f****** idiot though.

marwash22
i underestimated how terrible this would be.

it's hilariously cringe-worthy.

i mean, damn, this was cheesy af.

Vin Diesel may be the worst actor in Hollywood.

Estacado
Diesel and his shittyass movies are cancer.....he is the Adam Sandler of action movies.

Kazenji
erm He's nowhere near that level.

prabhash.s
Vin Deisel back again. Entertaining movie

Kazenji
A fourth film is on its way

http://www.superherohype.com/g00/news/415065-fourth-xxx-movie-starring-vin-diesel-works?i10c. encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZmFjZWJvb2suY29tLw%3D%
3D&i10c.ua=1&i10c.dv=14

riv6672
Oy. erm

Patient_Leech
A fourth film is on its way

http://www.superherohype.com/g00/news/415065-fourth-xxx-movie-starring-vin-diesel-works?i10c. encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZmFjZWJvb2suY29tLw%3D%
3D&i10c.ua=1&i10c.dv=14

Ah, shit. sad

** waits for next RIDDICK film **

riv6672
^^^same.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.