Spiral vs. Miss Martian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

Oliver North
current Spiral seems considerably weaker than she was in her Avengers busting days. She can win this, but I'd lean toward MM if she is anything like the other MM.

dmills
Classic Spiral wins. Don't know what's going on with her nowadays though.

leonidas
yeah, i've not read a recent appearance in quite a while. the classic version was a beast. m'gann's tp would be useless here and her fire weakness would be exploited badly as spiral can and does use flaming blades. her pre-cog would come in real handy as well. intangibility might be an issue as i don't think she has any direct feats to counter it, but her powers are plot driven (she usually shows one-time powers in her early appearances) so it's not hard to imagine her still hitting mm. mgann has a solid strength advantage, and her malleable body could help her. spiral has even effortlessly dealt with a quicksilver level speedster (though mgann is faster, i don't think it would matter).

i don't see mgann beating her at her best, but her showings can be inconsistent. i'd say old-school spiral 8/10.

dmills
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, i've not read a recent appearance in quite a while. the classic version was a beast. m'gann's tp would be useless here and her fire weakness would be exploited badly as spiral can and does use flaming blades. her pre-cog would come in real handy as well. intangibility might be an issue as i don't think she has any direct feats to counter it, but her powers are plot driven (she usually shows one-time powers in her early appearances) so it's not hard to imagine her still hitting mm. mgann has a solid strength advantage, and her malleable body could help her. spiral has even effortlessly dealt with a quicksilver level speedster (though mgann is faster, i don't think it would matter).

i don't see mgann beating her at her best, but her showings can be inconsistent. i'd say old-school spiral 8/10.

I read somewhere on here that Spiral had a recent appearance and apparently she didn't fair so well. But that's par for the course with today's writers.

Oliver North
Originally posted by dmills
I read somewhere on here that Spiral had a recent appearance and apparently she didn't fair so well. But that's par for the course with today's writers.

her showings in Uncanny X-Force leave something to be desired

Leo sort of hit it though, a lot of her feats were one off magic abilities, that, in a forum scenario make Spiral formidable, but easy to overlook when writing.

Though, tbh, Spiral being terrible has totally turned me off X-Force...

dmills
Please give us some spoilers about her in Uncanny...

mojo dumped her ass on earth again. she's been relatively depowered. of course, this will be her road to redepmtion and perhaps a reemergence as ricochet rita.

Oliver North
her only abilities seem to be teleporting and crying after getting owned... the writing is pretty bad in general, but Puck is in the series as comic relief, and actually has worked well so far.

Considering at her peak she depowered an entire avengers team that included Thor and Wonder Man, its a pretty low showing for Storm, Puck and Psylocke to punk her as they have. Bishop is back, and he also punked her (pattern?), but he is the main villain, so who knows how powerful he is supposed to be.

dmills
Originally posted by 753
mojo dumped her ass on earth again. she's been relatively depowered. of course, this will be her road to redepmtion and perhaps a reemergence as ricochet rita.

Is Remender still on the book?

Oliver North
Originally posted by 753

I thought the split with Mojo only took away her dimensional powers...

Oliver North
Was Spiral still with Mojo when she was in the Brotherhood? Because she depowered the Avengers as a Brotherhood member...

Originally posted by dmills
Is Remender still on the book? nah he's moved on. first order of the day for sam humphries (who?) was ****ing up remender's goodbye note to the book as the happy ending he gave psylocke and fantomex.

Oliver North
ya, how about that eh?

Originally posted by Oliver North
Was Spiral still with Mojo when she was in the Brotherhood? Because she depowered the Avengers as a Brotherhood member...

her relationship qith mojo goes back and forth. she was working for him prior to and after M day as per endangered species. when she joined madelyne prior's sisterhood, she still seemed to have all her powers. something else must have happened to her between that and now.

Originally posted by Oliver North
I thought the split with Mojo only took away her dimensional powers... I just assumed this new depowerement of hers was caused by mojo too as last she was with him, her magic seemed intact, it should be revealed soon enough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.