Obi Wan never owned a droid?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
In Episode 4 Obi Wan says, "I don't recall ever owning a droid" but didn't he own one in Rpisodes 2, & 3. Didn't he own R4? He often seemed to have R4 (not R2 incase your misunderstanding) around with him, so don't you think he owned him?

focus4chumps
he didnt personally own one. presumably r4 was owned by the republic.

queeq
He belonged to the Naboo government.

focus4chumps
definately naboo

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u561/focus4chumps/10101880ADustin-Hoffman-Rain-Man-Posters_zpscb0ce50a.jpg

Vensai
He was probably being sarcastic as well.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Vensai
He was probably being sarcastic as well. Yeah, I doubt that.

Vensai
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Yeah, I doubt that.
Why? He's usually making a sarcastic comment every few sentences. Unless he totally forgot who the droids were and their connection to Leia.

focus4chumps
he never to our knowledge owned any droids. thats pretty much the answer right there. he was telling the truth.

Doctorwho?
What focus said, I assumed R4 belonged to the republic, and was loaned to Obi Wan for his Starfighter

Kickballjedi
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
In Episode 4 Obi Wan says, "I don't recall ever owning a droid" but didn't he own one in Rpisodes 2, & 3. Didn't he own R4? He often seemed to have R4 (not R2 incase your misunderstanding) around with him, so don't you think he owned him?

Right after OB1 says that, R2 replies with some beeps and boops. Perhaps he's saying "I served with Anakin in the Clone Wars, remember? We went on some adventures together saving the Emperor from Grievous.." But 3P0 isn't there to translate.

Lord Lucien
He probably called Obi-Wan a senile old shit who owes him his life.

Doctorwho?
Probably

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.