Stupid BT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
Carrying on from my 'stupid' threads. This one is ranting about BT - supplying my ADSL.

I've never liked BT, their service has been slow and pathetic and with the recent reduction in prices I've decided to jump ship and move over to a 2MB connection with a different company.

Only problem is that I've been told that I will not have access to the internet for 2 weeks because of the bureaucracy at their HQ! And to make matters worse, they've closed down my account but then 'lost' an internal email telling the engineers to remove the equipment adding even more downtime!

*sigh* Ironically I'm going back to 56k for now sad

Ushgarak
I believe there is some speical number thing you can get to change over more quickly.

FINALLY making the jump to ADSL soon but after BT irritated nine types of hell out of me with my modem connection I shall be stocking with Virgin, who do not offer a perfect service but at least they do not mail me ordering to spend less time trying to use it.

BackFire349
that sucks man.

Tex
The mighty Raz with a 56k? embarrasment

Now you know how I feel! stick out tongue

Julie
WHat is raz babbling about???? I'm so confused.

mechmoggy
*Whispers*

Its techy jargon Jules, just smile and nod your head like I do.

Dexx
something about the transfer rate julie.

56k?..that's the spirit. I'm on 56k 24 7.
Well..the modem is, at least..i connect at 10 -15 max. AND...i download with a constant 1.5 kbs.....so..you guyz have no problems.

finti
Have ADSL 704 kbs right now, been offered 10 mb!!!!!!!! by the electrical company. Have to do a lot though to get the optical fiber it aquires and it cost a bundle so I think I settle with my 704kbs ADSL, can upgrade that to 1024 kbs

Raz
Yikes, didn't know I was even speaking techie language!

Basically its about moving internet providers - but BT being a pain in the @$$.

Ush, I looked into the 'migration' but being a pain that BT is they don't offer it when going to the 2MB service from 512k.

Oh and now BT is saying that they can't shut down the service because a 'third party' is providing my with ADSL! And they won't tell me who it is!!

Corran
Rax

Why do you need a "MB connection, even 512K is quite goot, just what are you doing to require so much bandwidth?

Raz
Corrax wink

It's the need for speed. I guess you could as the same question to a ferrari owner.

Corran
Must get those typing lessons finished.

Ushgarak
Well, whatever problems broadband has it can't be worse than a modem. I am having to connect at 31.2 right now.

Raz
Yay I'm with AOL!! sad

Ushgarak
Hmmm...

Catch 22
This is exactly why I dumped ADSL in favour of Cable. I ALWAYS had problems with my ADSL service from BT; It would freeze up on a regular basis, die for days at a time, constantly needed the modem to be power cycled when it froze.

I now have cable and it's a dream, have only had one period of downtime, for less that 20 minutes, since I had it installed and it never needs to be restarted or anything.

Ushgarak
I can't get cable. Only today am I capable of getting ADSL!

Catch 22
That was the problem I had at our old house, no Cable had been laid.

Luckily the new house had cable already installed in the street and run to the house, so all they had to do was link into the existing box and run the line up the side of the house and into my office.

Member.
BT phone co. in Britain right? i think i remember itbig grin. here i think qwest is the best.

finti
well cable is what I have been offered through optical fiber, my friend got it and he surfs at a speed of 10mb, am I jealouse, its gonna cost a bundle to be connected, have to dig place for the cable in my garden by myself.
With the prize they are offering for it I aint gonna mova a muscle for that price they can go mudding themself, why the hell should I do all the work bloody greedy f**** a******. Guess I call them right now, say no to the offer and then tell them to shag off

Catch 22
For general surfing I think anything about 128Mbit is a waste. My mother has 128 and on general website surfing the difference between her connection and mine is very difficult to spot.

When it comes to big downloads though the story is reversed. big grin

Corran
I have 600mb Cable connection, it's more than adequate.

mah
haven't had any problems with ADSL myself

mechmoggy
I've got Cable Broadband, never have any trouble.

BTW, I've been giggling like a school child reading these posts....have any of you heard the phrase "laying some cable" used to describe another cruder thing? laughing out loud

Corran
Yes but trust you to mention it.

mechmoggy
laughing out loud

"Dropping the kids off at the pool" is always my fave.

Corran
"slipping a length" another

finti
or as Catch so gently put it "I dumped my ADSL in favour of cable"

Ushgarak
Mah, of course you haven't. Your country has a telephone system constrcuted after Edwardian times...

Raz
Woohoo, FINALLY got a start date for my ADSL to come back on. Only one week more to go...

It better be quick as I'm actually getting used to 56k on AOL *shudders*

Ushgarak
Eeeep! Now I have broadband I am never even going to acknowledge the existence of standard modems again!

Installation was a nightmare though... grr...

Corran
so what do you think of your new superfast link, Ush?

Ushgarak
It's superfast.

Corran
and new?

Ushgarak
That too.

Catch 22
It must be like that TV show. 'Living in a Victorian House...'

Raz
It did actually feel like that on the first day. So how are you making good use of this? Or would you rather not say wink

Ushgarak
I'll PROUDLY say! Yup yup yup! All the things a man can need!

Damn Matrix trailer sound won't work though... grrrr...

Member.
hm...

Raz
w00t! I'm back on my superfast connection big grin

Time to kill AOL devil

Corran
Wow look how fast Raz looks.

yerssot
the new ferrari wink

finti
no

yerssot
the new Floro-car, fueled by fish?

ash007
i taught it was fielied by a fish well then again i a mworng about most things

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.