Phoenix Force Martian Manhunter in DC higher ups

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
What if J'onn J'onzz was bestowed the Phoenix Force, would he be able to wield it successfully and become one of DC's most powerful characters?

pym-ftw
Depends entirely on if the Phoenix chooses him as a host, if so yeah he would probably be, if not he isn't strong enough to force it to obey him...

golem370
Would he do as well not as good or better then Jean?

pym-ftw
His other abilities aside, its probably a stalemate.

The PF is so inconsistent its hard to tell

Originally posted by golem370
What if J'onn J'onzz was bestowed the Phoenix Force, would he be able to wield it successfully and become one of DC's most powerful characters? he'd be very powerful upon receiving it, he would not imo make a stable or lasting host and would likely end up crumbling under its weight.

JG is the ultimate phoenix host, now transcended and merged into the force itself.

yaadaveyaa
isnt his biggest weakness fire? that doesnt seem like a good fit just saying

Sixth_Winged
Adding the phoenix force on john is like setting a scarecrow on fire then checking if its better.

He auto-lose upon recieving this powerup haha

pym-ftw
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
isnt his biggest weakness fire? that doesnt seem like a good fit just saying
Fire is also a human weakness....

-Pr-
He'd do better than Jean purely because I hate Jean.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by -Pr-
I agree. And that's with the possibility of him simply waving his arms in pure panic and horror as he tries to put out the sudden flames that makes his psyche wanna fracture.

Anyway what are the chances if he is chosen as a host the Phoenix will eliminate his fear of fire and in turn pretty much be Furnus + phoenix force.

slim. obviously his physical weakness would never be an issue as the PF isn't gonna incinerate the host, but the mental one could be as he might be particularly unable to cope with the fire of death and rebirth.

what is fernus's status in the DCNU, if any?

Golgo13
Fernus like many characters, Pre-Flashpoint doesn't exist. Not yet, at least.

Bentley
Originally posted by -Pr-

It's healthy that you don't like Jean, she's a b_tch.

Only Lois can pull off being a b_tch and being liked by everyone ahah

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Bentley

Only Lois can pull off being a b_tch and being liked by everyone ahah
That's sarcastic or something right? People can't possibly LIKE Lois.. Right?

Nibedicus
"I am no longer J'onn! I am Phoenix! I am the end and the beginning! I am the fires of creation incarnate!"

"Waitaminute.... F-fire? FIREEEE!!! I'm on fire!!!!! Nuuuuu"

/fetal position

ODG
Fire might be anathema to J'onn, but it isn't exactly a party to Namor either, who wielded the Phoenixforce just fine.

Granted, the Phoenixforce does have a habit of driving its hosts insane eventually.

Originally posted by Bentley

Only Lois can pull off being a b_tch and being liked by everyone ahah I kind of hated jean back in the day too, but now it's been so long, I'd be fine with her return (not the pathetic teenaged version). I'm utterly indifferent to lois.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by Nibedicus
"I am no longer J'onn! I am Phoenix! I am the end and the beginning! I am the fires of creation incarnate!"

"Waitaminute.... F-fire? FIREEEE!!! I'm on fire!!!!! Nuuuuu"

/fetal position

this is my exact thought ^^

Nibedicus
Originally posted by ODG
Fire might be anathema to J'onn, but it isn't exactly a party to Namor either, who wielded the Phoenixforce just fine.

Granted, the Phoenixforce does have a habit of driving its hosts insane eventually.

Isn't fire more of a physical weakness to Namor while it is more of a psychological weakness for J'onn? :-p

hence the phoenix frying his noodle

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Isn't fire more of a physical weakness to Namor while it is more of a psychological weakness for J'onn? :-p
The Phoenix being a purely psionic energy-based entity would nullify that.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
And with the removal of that deeply rooted fear of fire doesn't that make him fernus?

Branlor Swift
A stray lightning bolt would likely kill him eventually.

he'll spaz out after his first mindrape atempt

Nibedicus
Originally posted by TheGodKiller

Iunno. When has the Phoenix force actually gotten rid of a host's psychological flaws? From history of the Phoenix force it more often adds new flaws or aggravate old ones.

And J'omn being psionic himself and interacts with other psionics himself hasn't really gotten rid of this flaw as well.

"Id"
I feel as though people have a very poor understanding of why the phoenix, or the host end up acting the way they do.

When the Phoenix Force descends from the higher dimension, it becomes intoxicated with "LIFE". The feeling, or desires that come from experiencing life. Love, Sex, hunger, destruction etc..Even more so, through a host. Each host, is a different individual, therefore offers a different experience.

Lower life forms, acting as a vessel also become intoxicated as well. Literately drunk with power, with their own primal desires magnified several time over.

With that said, no other host has been capable of controlling itself, and tame the Phoenix Force to the same degree. So I don't think Martian Manhunter or anyone short of Sinestro or Krona can come close to handling the Phoenix.

Nibedicus
But has the P-force ever gotten rid of the psychological flaws of its host? From what you're saying, it amplifies the primal emotions of the host. Fear is a primal emotion...

Not a P-force expert. But just sayin...

Originally posted by "Id"
I feel as though people have a very poor understanding of why the phoenix, or the host end up acting the way they do.

When the Phoenix Force descends from the higher dimension, it becomes intoxicated with "LIFE". The feeling, or desires that come from experiencing life. Love, Sex, hunger, destruction etc..Even more so, through a host. Each host, is a different individual, therefore offers a different experience.

Lower life forms, acting as a vessel also become intoxicated as well. Literately drunk with power, with their own primal desires magnified several time over.

With that said, no other host has been capable of controlling itself, and tame the Phoenix Force to the same degree. So I don't think Martian Manhunter or anyone short of Sinestro or Krona can come close to handling the Phoenix. rachel did alright for herself and while the hosts' flaws and wants are magnified by their new-found omnipotence, some people are clearly better suited than others for it, specially if they have red hair.

JakeTheBank
J'onn strokes out immediately after being possessed by the PF.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
J'onn strokes out immediately after being possessed by the PF. laughing

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
J'onn strokes out immediately after being possessed by the PF. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.