Palpatine and Clone Army vs. Lord Marshal's Necromonger invasion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Fight takes place on a barren world with clone army. Palpatine aka Darth Sidious and Darth Vader is in the suit along with clones fight off against Lord Marshal's invasion.

quanchi112
Well ?

Lestov16
Palpatine's army has more numbers, better equipment, vehicles, and resources, and two telekinetics fighting at the helm. They got this.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lestov16
Palpatine's army has more numbers, better equipment, vehicles, and resources, and two telekinetics fighting at the helm. They got this. Do you think it's even a fight ? Don't forget about the Necromongers powers and the fact they can convert prisoners.

Lestov16
I will ask whether you're allowing the Necromongers their doomsday weapon, and if you're allowing the Empire the Death Star

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lestov16
I will ask whether you're allowing the Necromongers their doomsday weapon, and if you're allowing the Empire the Death Star No, for either.

jaden101
The clones fought wars. The necros mostly just ***** slapped civilians and small planetary defences. Not really rating the necros slow concussion weapons. The large artillery weapons in attack of the clones also seem to give an advantage to the clones as well if we're including them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmKu72Aabas&feature=youtube_gdata_player

All the fighter ships that detach from the necros towers could probably do some damage though.

Hard to say all things considered. The clones took on better enemies, tech seems better in some areas for the necros but worse in others. Think the clones have it in battle tactics seeing as that's what they're legendary for.

quanchi112
Originally posted by jaden101
The clones fought wars. The necros mostly just ***** slapped civilians and small planetary defences. Not really rating the necros slow concussion weapons. The large artillery weapons in attack of the clones also seem to give an advantage to the clones as well if we're including them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmKu72Aabas&feature=youtube_gdata_player

All the fighter ships that detach from the necros towers could probably do some damage though.

Hard to say all things considered. The clones took on better enemies, tech seems better in some areas for the necros but worse in others. Think the clones have it in battle tactics seeing as that's what they're legendary for. Not giving my opinion yet but it was clear the Necros were dominating the galaxy. Lord Marshal as a younger warrior took out the Furyans, etc.

Taking over a planet in an afternoon is impressive.

jaden101
Yeah but unfortunately it's not clear how much they took over. The clones fought across the entire galaxy but then it's not entirely right to judge that they 'won' because both sides were simply part of Sidious' plan and once he took over politically he simply eradicated the leaders of the droid armies and shut down their production.

only problem is you never really see the necros in all out war with a similar power. I know the Lord Marshall says they swept aside a planet's defences in 1 night but you're never really shown anything of those defences.

quanchi112
Yeah but unfortunately it's not clear how much they took over. The clones fought across the entire galaxy but then it's not entirely right to judge that they 'won' because both sides were simply part of Sidious' plan and once he took over politically he simply eradicated the leaders of the droid armies and shut down their production.

only problem is you never really see the necros in all out war with a similar power. I know the Lord Marshall says they swept aside a planet's defences in 1 night but you're never really shown anything of those defences. We do see hundreds of ships though. Their warriors are impressive and they can convert pow's into Necromongers. It's a shame the movie was not a hit because they would have ended up in the Underverse which was a very cool idea.

jaden101
True but then you only need to keep an eye on the background during the battle of Coruscant to see what the clone armies to bring to a fight.

If we're limiting it to within feats within the planet's atmosphere then the necros might have it with the numbers of small attack fighters and speed of deployment (that weird black and purple anti-gravity stuff was pretty cool) but then their foot soldier weaponry seems much weaker in comparison to the clones. Gravity guns and pole axes aren't going to cut it against the firepower you see during the battle of geonosis.

quanchi112
True but then you only need to keep an eye on the background during the battle of Coruscant to see what the clone armies to bring to a fight.

If we're limiting it to within feats within the planet's atmosphere then the necros might have it with the numbers of small attack fighters and speed of deployment (that weird black and purple anti-gravity stuff was pretty cool) but then their foot soldier weaponry seems much weaker in comparison to the clones. Gravity guns and pole axes aren't going to cut it against the firepower you see during the battle of geonosis. Hmmm. I myself think Star Wars wins but its hard to find any Sci Fi film franchise to compete outside of Star Trek. I have an idea.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.