Silver Surfer vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
Bloodlusted deathmatch in Manhattan
Who takes it?

Emi~Kiro
Thor should beat him. Silver surfer did alot of cool stuff but was limited to needing contact with his board and in a bloodlust fight Thor is taking him off his board and not letting him have much time to get back on. Lightning and heavy hammer blows will win it for him.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Emi~Kiro
Thor should beat him. Silver surfer did alot of cool stuff but was limited to needing contact with his board and in a bloodlust fight Thor is taking him off his board and not letting him have much time to get back on. Lightning and heavy hammer blows will win it for him.

He's not that easy to get off his board.

Impediment
Surfer was insultingly de-powered in the second FF movie.

However, I don't think Thor could win.

Mindship
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
He's not that easy to get off his board. One of the few things they did right with movie Surfer. The movie further gave the impression (imo) that, generally speaking, brute force simply wasn't the way to go, but rather some exotic approach. Can movie Thor generate tachyons?

Movie Surfer phased on a regular basis. He went through Sue's forcefield like it was nothing and showed an ability to affect the environment on a scale at least equal to movie Thor (eg, freezing - without trying - a whole sea; excavated huge holes in the ground that presumably were miles deep). He showed great speed, and maneuverability with the Torch, with missiles, his board absorbed missiles; and Doom (with Surfer's powers) showed massive telekinetic ability.

Comics Thor may have the edge on comics Surfer. But movie versions (thusfar) appear to place Surfer as the most powerful Marvel hero to date. He even survived an exploding Galactus (?!).

They had to make Surfer dependent on his board for power, though. He would've been too much to deal with otherwise. I didn't like it, but I understand it.

Zack Fair
Fair assessment.

Would be a cool fight.

Emi~Kiro
Originally posted by Mindship
One of the few things they did right with movie Surfer. The movie further gave the impression (imo) that, generally speaking, brute force simply wasn't the way to go, but rather some exotic approach. Can movie Thor generate tachyons?

Movie Surfer phased on a regular basis. He went through Sue's forcefield like it was nothing and showed an ability to affect the environment on a scale at least equal to movie Thor (eg, freezing - without trying - a whole sea; excavated huge holes in the ground that presumably were miles deep). He showed great speed, and maneuverability with the Torch, with missiles, his board absorbed missiles; and Doom (with Surfer's powers) showed massive telekinetic ability.

Comics Thor may have the edge on comics Surfer. But movie versions (thusfar) appear to place Surfer as the most powerful Marvel hero to date. He even survived an exploding Galactus (?!).

They had to make Surfer dependent on his board for power, though. He would've been too much to deal with otherwise. I didn't like it, but I understand it.

Yeah well Thor is sexier. roll eyes (sarcastic)
You have points and I think silver surfer has more of a chance than I did before so congrats on persuading me thumb up

Mindship
Yeah well Thor is sexier. roll eyes (sarcastic) True 'nuff. While at first I was glad to see Surfer finally up on the big screen, overall I found him too skinny and at times even bowl-legged. If they want a more Kirbyesque Surfer (which I had read somewhere was the intent), then they need to abandon Doug Jones and bodyscan Dwayne Johnson or Vin Diesel.

That, and also your sig is waayyy sexier than mine.

You have points and I think silver surfer has more of a chance than I did before so congrats on persuading me thumb up Finally. Took me nearly eight years of KMC to persuade somebody of anything.

Mindset

Finally. Took me nearly eight years of KMC to persuade somebody of anything. I can not allow this.

Mindship
Originally posted by Mindset
I can not allow this. The deed be done...unless she changes her mind (but hopefully not her sig).

Emi~Kiro
The deed be done...unless she changes her mind (but hopefully not her sig).
No worries lol, if I change my sig it will be to something much sexier.

Don't think I'll change my mind, more so given the fact no one is arguing in favor of Thor and you did actually have good points :3

I'd say your victory is secured.
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Kronks-Mission-Accomplished-Reaction-Gif.gif

DARTH POWER
True 'nuff. While at first I was glad to see Surfer finally up on the big screen, overall I found him too skinny and at times even bowl-legged. If they want a more Kirbyesque Surfer (which I had read somewhere was the intent), then they need to abandon Doug Jones and bodyscan Dwayne Johnson or Vin Diesel.

I thought Surfer was done just fine. It was just a bad film unfortunately.

But yeah Movie Surfer wins. (Any other medium I always give Thor the win).

Odekahn
Movie surfer imo

jaden101
Surfer's power destroyed Galactus which was several times bigger than the whole of the earth. Thor goes down hard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.