My Fanmade Star Wars EP VII Trailer Reply

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slowpoke
There really are limited sources to make a SW movie, I even have to use Malgus' master's scene for Exar Kun. Most of the trailers I've seen are 90% made of SWTOR and TFU cinematic, I tried to add new characters and continue Luke's journey. I really wanted to use Thrawn but there is no good material, anyway hope you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y254WL52gWM

dadudemon
You have to do better than just randomly throwing together very short bursts of movie clips. It needs to flow and mesh. It doesn't in your montage.

A for effort and A for editing.

Overall, D on execution.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by dadudemon
randomly throwing together very short bursts of movie clips.

why not? its what jj abrams does.

slowpoke, just throw in lots of lense-flares and its perfect.

Slowpoke
Originally posted by dadudemon
You have to do better than just randomly throwing together very short bursts of movie clips. It needs to flow and mesh. It doesn't in your montage.

A for effort and A for editing.

Overall, D on execution.

I did set plot but the material is really limited.

queeq
Well, it's not great, SP. But good for trying.

Material limited, eh? The trick is to make it grand with limited material, not pile up what you have. Less is more.

focus4chumps
well i know how splicing video can be a complete pain in the ass, so well done on the technical/timeline end. however you need to study up on rendering better picture quality/resolution, which is usually just a matter of setting the app's preferences.

my only complaint is that the mouth-closeup of dialogue/monologue with a seperate scene's speech is just really bad and needs to go.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.