If you could make one of the big three leave gaming..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict
Which would it be?

I say Microsoft if the DRM is confirmed at e3.

Bardock42
Sony.

Leave hardware for software: Nintendo

VG_Addict
Before the whole XBOX One reveal/DRM thing, I was worried about Nintendo going third-party. But afterwards, I've realized that the industry needs Nintendo more than ever, to make a video game console dedicated to GAMES.

Demonic Phoenix
Microsoft.

ScreamPaste
Sony. They're losing money on it every year and people are losing their jobs.

Phanteros
All off them.

ares834
What do you mean by leave gaming? Do you mean leave gaming entirely (no consoles or games) or just no more consoles? If the latter than definetly Nintendo. There consoles have been pretty abysmal for the last three generations.

Kazenji
Originally posted by ares834
If the latter than definetly Nintendo. There consoles have been pretty abysmal for the last three generations.

No they haven't.

ares834
Eh, gotta disagree. Admittedly I don't have a WiiU but it looks as bad as the Wii and GameCube.

Kazenji
Graphics aren't always everything.

NemeBro
Nice to see you make an assumption on why someone has a preference, you stupid animal. thumb up

Kazenji
Duck the hell up

and if its anything to do with graphics ares834 is trying to get it....still applies what i said.

NotAllThatEvil
Nintendo makes good games. They just need to lay off the gimmicks for awhile.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, and the Gamecube was pretty solid far as the library and everything. Can see where ares is coming from on everything else though obviously, but I'm gonna have to agree with those who said Microsoft now the most as far as this thread topic's concerned.

VG_Addict
Originally posted by ares834
What do you mean by leave gaming? Do you mean leave gaming entirely (no consoles or games) or just no more consoles? If the latter than definetly Nintendo. There consoles have been pretty abysmal for the last three generations.

Are you trolling? The GameCube was a GREAT console.

Ushgarak
I'd always want Nintendo to stay in because they are trying something distinctive, whilst Microsoft and Sony have fought over the same ground (distinctive doesn't mean better, but it does mean Nintendo has a valid role that no-one else is filling, whilst if one of Microsoft or Sony weren't in gaming it wouldn't make that much difference because the other would just take what they had).

But now that might be changing as well, with the route MS is going with the One. It could be three valid approaches to the market.

-Pr-
Neither. This market needs competition.

Impediment
I'm of the opinion that Nintendo needs to either quit making such gimmicky shit and concentrate on making a bonafide console or go the Sega route and make third party games for other companies.

The Gamecube was awesome, in my opinion. The Wii was fun for about 6 months and then became a paper weight. I have no interest, whatsoever, in the Wii-U.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah, and the Gamecube was pretty solid far as the library and everything. Can see where ares is coming from on everything else though obviously, but I'm gonna have to agree with those who said Microsoft now the most as far as this thread topic's concerned. thumb up

Ridley_Prime
Hypothetically speaking, if the Xbox One bombs and MS were to drop their console division, would that mean Nintendo would possibly be able to get Rare (or what's left of it) back? Not like MS has done anything with Rare anyway besides a Perfect Dark port and IIRC, a Banjo game that left a sour taste in people's mouths. If Nintendo had Rare back in addition to Retro Studios, they'd be more of a force to be reckoned with, putting aside their outdated hardware and stuff.

Eh, one can dream.

VG_Addict
If the GameCube had good online, it would have been a strong contender for the best console ever made by Nintendo. Imagine Mario Kart: Double Dash with online. And no, LAN doesn't count.

Ridley_Prime
If the Gamecube had online at all, there would've been no ****ing debate on what was better between Melee and Brawl.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
If the Gamecube had online at all, there would've been no ****ing debate on what was better between Melee and Brawl.

You mind cluing me in?

ares834
Originally posted by Kazenji
Graphics aren't always everything.

Yeah... The problem with the last three Nintendo consoles are they all have weak game libraries. Plus the Wii and, from what ive seen, the WiiU are rather gimmicky. The only full game where I felt the motion controls were implemented well was Skyward Sword.

Originally posted by VG_Addict
Are you trolling? The GameCube was a GREAT console.

Not at all. Now maybe saying the GameCube was abysmal was a bit too far. But it was definetly subpar, specifically when compared to the PS2.

VG_Addict
GameCube had Melee, Metroid Prime, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil 4, Killer7, and Rogue Squadron 2. So, I don't know what the **** you're talking about when you say the GameCube had a weak game library.

ares834
Having like ten good games does not mean it's library isn't weak. It did have better games than the Xbox but that's not saying much.

VG_Addict
TimeSplitters 2, Baten Kaitos, Gotcha Force, Metal Arms, Chibi-Robo, Fire Emblem, Pikmin, Wind Waker, F-Zero GX, and Double Dash.

ares834
To be honest, i wasn't a fan of almost half those games you mentioned.

VG_Addict
Fair enough, but all (or at least most) of those games were well received by critics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.