Hawkman & Hawkgirl vs. Balder & Valkyrie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Standard weapons & gear

Who wins?

DTM
Balder and Valkyrie win, solidly at that.

JakeTheBank
You think so?

I'm actually leaning more towards the Hawks than the Asgardians for this one.

Though, actually, come to think of it, if Val has Aragorn (which is standard equipment for her, imo) it could help even things out.

-K-M-
Hawks, superior feats and work as a team.

pym-ftw
Asgardians imho

Golgo13
Team Hawks. They have the mobile advantage.

DTM
Mobile yes, but theyre both close combat attackers, so that mobility is almost a moot point when you have to get in close to attack. Balder alone has a chance to take down both of these, with Valkyrie its a solid win IMO.

Golgo13
Hawkman has taken worse attacks than Balder can dish out. Plus, if this is Pre-Flashpoint, Claw of Horus would crush both of them.

DTM
From my knowledge, the Claw Of Horus is not standard equipment for Hawkman. Personally, everything else being equal, Balder and Valkyrie are physically superior to the Hawks (stronger, tougher, higher endurance, etc.), by a large degree. All else being equal, thats a big advantage.

Golgo13
It was during BD. In KM, I trust. He used it pretty frequently during that time.

Golgo13
BTW, current Hawkman seems pretty strong. He owned Blockbuster last issue, but he was in full battle mode, which he can't always do.

DTM
Eh, Cap once owned Mr. Hyde and fought Wrecker alone, doesnt mean Cap has superhuman strength (minimal maybe, but no where near what Balder has). Skill, ability and experience help lesser powered characters defeated stronger, more powerful lesser skilled characters.

quanchi112
Asgardians win.

Golgo13
Originally posted by DTM
Eh, Cap once owned Mr. Hyde and fought Wrecker alone, doesnt mean Cap has superhuman strength (minimal maybe, but no where near what Balder has). Skill, ability and experience help lesser powered characters defeated stronger, more powerful lesser skilled characters.

Hawkman is just as skilled and how is that going to stop HM with COH?

-K-M-
I suppose we should have asked which Hawkman/Hawkgirl...new 52? Carter Hall (Golden-age)? Silverage? Kator/Carter hybrid and Kendra? etc.

Yes the Claw was standard gear right all through Brightest Day, but as far as I know hasn't used it in the new 52 universe. So not standard anymore.

Also how is Balder and V stronger then by the Hawks by a large margin again? Love to see that backed up.

Then you have the superior speed for the Hawks, 1000+ years of fighting experience like the Asgardians, healing factor that can heal a slit throat literally in a second, control of air funnels, can suck the air out of the area, can summon thousands of birds to fight for them as a means of a distraction, etc.

pym-ftw
Baldar can also talk to animals, not to mention he can control light and fire heat blasts.

Also unless he lost it, Baldar has that whole protection from all but mistletoe weapons.

-K-M-
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Baldar can also talk to animals, not to mention he can control light and fire heat blasts.

Also unless he lost it, Baldar has that whole protection from all but mistletoe weapons.

He has not shown the level the Hawks have demonstrated, nor his control of light or fire bring nothing here. As noted, Hawkman laughs at most burns, and can snuff them out with his control of air

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/JLAJSA-VirtueandVice-040.jpg

It is believed he lost that enchantment (a long time ago) as he has been hurt. The Thor - Hercules: Encyclopedia_Mythologica is ensure if he still has it either. The enchantment only worked in Asgard as well.

Golgo13
DCnU Hawkman's armor can do some nasty stuff sometimes. It also augments his strength, speed, and gives him decent healing.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/HM_zpsc681da99.jpg
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/HM2_zps82830e99.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.