The Flash(Wally) Vs Thanos with PG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeonBuco666
Takes place on DC earth keystone city were thanos has arrived threatining to destroy the city & kill its people wally takes a stand against thanos who weilds the power gem.

BFR off PIS off CIS on for both
Both perform to the best of ability

Note; flash is capable of IMP and rendering himself intangible and phasing through solid objects thus..they explode. IMP an so on, is ONLY availible in scenario 2 not 1

Stip;
If flash phases his hand through thanos's head or anywere else on his body...he will not explode but will be in pain, an if it goes through his head it will not explode just stun him and be very painful for him

Scenario;
1.Both fight at their best but are not bloodlusted, winner by death, IF a KO cannot be obtained
2.Both are bloodlusted and want to death

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Takes place on DC earth keystone city were thanos has arrived threatining to destroy the city & kill its people wally takes a stand against thanos who weilds the power gem. Thanos has created and inpenatrable force field around the city, so flash cannot evacuate the popualtion.

BFR off PIS off CIS on for both
Both perform to the best of ability

Note; flash is capable of IMP and rendering himself intangible and phasing through solid objects thus..they explode. IMP an so on, is ONLY availible in scenario 2 not 1

Stip;
If flash phases his hand through thanos's head or anywere else on his body...he will not explode but will be in pain, an if it goes through his head it will not explode just stun him and be very painful for him

Scenario;
1.Both fight at their best but are not bloodlusted, winner by death, IF a KO cannot be obtained
2.Both are bloodlusted and want to death

pym-ftw
Thanos with ease without the PG

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Thanos with ease without the PG highly unlikely

zeel
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Thanos with ease without the PG

pretty much however thanos works for it.

LeonBuco666
Could thanos withstand 21,000 punches in 3 seconds? Or an IMP to the face? Probably withstand the 2nd attack but I doubt he could the first one without being hurt

JakeTheBank
Zoom OMGZ speed blitzed punched (iirc an alternate reality) Power Girl like literally over a million times and she was still conscious.

I think Thanos would weather a similar blitz just fine.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Zoom OMGZ speed blitzed punched (iirc an alternate reality) Power Girl like literally over a million times and she was still conscious.

I think Thanos would weather a similar blitz just fine. if it was an alternate reality then its not canon, you can't know for sure weather power girl could really withstand that, wally has an even chance at winning this

JakeTheBank
if it was an alternate reality then its not canon, you can't know for sure weather power girl could really withstand that, wally has an even chance at winning this

She was from an alternate reality, but the comic itself is canon if I'm remember it correctly. And that Power Girl didn't display anything incredibly wild to suggest she's significantly stronger or weaker than normal Power Girl. Point is, characters endure speed blitz "combo to ko" assaults all the time in comics and the majority of the time, said blitz are shown to be less effective and powerful than a single powerful punch. Kind of like how in DBZ, a character can spam a bunch of energy blasts at someone and it does jack shit 9/10 times, but then a single energy blast can send them for a loop.

I doubt an IMP would give much pause to Thanos let alone a speed blitz.

Unless, of course, this is the mythic forum mode Flash.

celeyhyga17
She was from an alternate reality, but the comic itself is canon if I'm remember it correctly. And that Power Girl didn't display anything incredibly wild to suggest she's significantly stronger or weaker than normal Power Girl. Point is, characters endure speed blitz "combo to ko" assaults all the time in comics and the majority of the time, said blitz are shown to be less effective and powerful than a single powerful punch. Kind of like how in DBZ, a character can spam a bunch of energy blasts at someone and it does jack shit 9/10 times, but then a single energy blast can send them for a loop.

I doubt an IMP would give much pause to Thanos let alone a speed blitz.

Unless, of course, this is the mythic forum mode Flash.
Yep.. Like a 3 jab combo compared to a haymaker in boxing or mma. One can't really put their full force/weight into multiple fast punches due to the movement if going back and forth at the fastest speed possible.

LeonBuco666
No this is comic book wally, were he imp'd zum into another country, and I think this is actually a stalemate seeing as flash has faster than light reaction, he caught a bullet when it touched the back off his neck. I don't think thanos could touch wally, and I don't think wally could do much apart from phase through him or imp him.....if he spammed the phasing attacks he would end up losing control, and destroying the city himself, but the IMP's could damage thanos but not much, so I think its a stalemate

SquallX

I think Thanos would weather a similar blitz just fine.

Ever heard of pis?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by SquallX
Ever heard of pis?

What's PIS about it? More often than not, a flurry of super speed strikes will always be inferior to a single powerful one in the world of comics.

Doesn't change the fact that Flash doesn't nearly operate on the consistent level to beat Thanos normally, let alone with the Power Gem. The fact that the OP basically had to "unshackle" Flash should tell you volumes.

xJLxKing
laughing out loud A tad bit over the top. Though I agree, Thanos > Flash (PIS/CIS Off). In this case, Flash is allowed to do what we would. So what's stopping Flash from just stealing all of Thanos energy? He would be a statue roll eyes (sarcastic)

JakeTheBank
The Power Gem, I'd wager.

Thor was able to repel attacks from the Infinity Watch subconsciously and even send them back at them. I can't see Flash doing a whole lot to Thanos with the Gem.

And as mods have repeatedly pointed out, PIS/CIS off doesn't mean "characters do whatever you can think up".

xJLxKing
The Power Gem, I'd wager.

Thor was able to repel attacks from the Infinity Watch subconsciously and even send them back at them. I can't see Flash doing a whole lot to Thanos with the Gem.

And as mods have repeatedly pointed out, PIS/CIS off doesn't mean "characters do whatever you can think up". Think off? No, but what we would. IE: stealing speed, hitting with imp..etc

So I don't see how Thanos can stop Flash from stealing his kinetic energy

curryman
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Think off? No, but what we would. IE: stealing speed, hitting with imp..etc
Speed stealing someone who has hundred of years of energy manipulation on him?

JakeTheBank
Think off? No, but what we would. IE: stealing speed, hitting with imp..etc

And again, those tactics aren't sure fire wins against Thanos normally, as you yourself admitted to. With the Power Gem in his possession, Thanos could re-direct any attack Flash throws back his way or just, well, outright annihilate him. It's doubtful that Flash could even effect Thanos with the PG in his possession.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by curryman
Speed stealing someone who has hundred of years of energy manipulation on him?
What does the amount of energy he can unleash have to do with him getting his Kinetic Energy stolen? wink

xJLxKing
And again, those tactics aren't sure fire wins against Thanos normally, as you yourself admitted to. With the Power Gem in his possession, Thanos could re-direct any attack Flash throws back his way or just, well, outright annihilate him.
Imp, sure, I can agree. Stealing his speed? How does that get countered?

curryman
What does the amount of energy he can unleash have to do with him getting his Kinetic Energy stolen? wink
That was a funny joke.

Are you going to respond to my argument?

carver9
Zoom was punching Wonder Woman at the speed of light and she was still concious.

Thanos stomps this without the gem.

JakeTheBank
The Power Gem.

In the hands of Thanos, who is likewise not bound by PIS/CIS, it's sketchy that Wally could do anything to him to begin with.

carver9
Thanos can telekinetically lift Flash off the ground and do whatever he please to him. He can mind rape as well.

xJLxKing
That was a funny joke.

Are you going to respond to my argument?
What argument? What you posted was a question you have to prove yourself? You want me to prove for you, something that I don't have to. You and me are both aware of how Flash's Kinetic Speed stealing works. I said it will work on Thanos, no I can't prove it because it has not been done on a PG user for obvious reasons. So I asked you a question, I didn't think it was that funny thought

The Power Gem.

In the hands of Thanos, who is likewise not bound by PIS/CIS, it's sketchy that Wally could do anything to him to begin with.
So what I hear is this?

How can Superman stop flash from stealing his kinetic energy?

His strength
I'm sorry, but I don't understand. I'm open minded and don't mind being changing stances but no one has convinced otherwise. All I hear is PG will stop Flash from stealing Kinetic Energy

Originally posted by carver9
Thanos can telekinetically lift Flash off the ground and do whatever he please to him. He can mind rape as well. This fight will be over before TK or TP is used, whether it is Thanos or Flash who wins.

curryman
What argument? What you posted was a question you have to prove yourself? You want me to prove for you, something that I don't have to. You and me are both aware of how Flash's Kinetic Speed stealing works. I said it will work on Thanos, no I can't prove it because it has not been done on a PG user for obvious reasons. So I asked you a question, I didn't think it was that funny thought

I'm saying it's his energy control that will keep Flash from stealing his speed.

Thanos doesn't draw on the speed force for speed so there won't be any talk of Wally cutting him off from it. It's plain and simple energy-absorption. Thanos won't lose.

JakeTheBank
So what I hear is this?

How can Superman stop flash from stealing his kinetic energy?

His strength
I'm sorry, but I don't understand. I'm open minded and don't mind being changing stances but no one has convinced otherwise. All I hear is PG will stop Flash from stealing Kinetic Energy

no expression

Well, Superman =/= Power Gem, for starters.

The Power Gem's abilities would enable its user to augment his physical attributes to incredible levels as well as reverse attacks back at its users. Thor was subconsciously having his power increased by the moment and would have become a universal threat if left unchecked. In the hands of Thanos, arguably the most proficient IG wielder save like Warlock, the real question is how is this not spite against the Flash?

xJLxKing
I'm saying it's his energy control that will keep Flash from stealing his speed.

Thanos doesn't draw on the speed force for speed so there won't be any talk of Wally cutting him off from it. It's plain and simple energy-absorption. Thanos won't lose.
What! So i guess the PG doesn't work because they aren't in a Universe where the PG is designed to work. Sorry that argument has always been brought up by people who dislike Flash being able to steal speed from others.
It's also not just the Speed Force that Flash can drain from. It's kinetic energy from others. As per the forum rules, Flash is allowed to steal speed, otherwise, I can say, PG, IG, or whatever you bring up including Thanos ability doesn't work because it wouldn't work in DC's Universe.

Great so now you are arguing something I'm not even challenging. YES, WITHOUT stealing SPEED, Thanos wins, hands down. Yet, once Flash steals his speed, what you are left with is Thanos who has this unmatched strength not being able to move or react. Why? He lost all his kinetic energy, he has no movement

JakeTheBank
What! So i guess the PG doesn't work because they aren't in a Universe where the PG is designed to work. Sorry that argument has always been brought up by people who dislike Flash being able to steal speed from others.
It's also not just the Speed Force that Flash can drain from. It's kinetic energy from others. As per the forum rules, Flash is allowed to steal speed, otherwise, I can say, PG, IG, or whatever you bring up including Thanos ability doesn't work because it wouldn't work in DC's Universe.

Great so now you are arguing something I'm not even challenging. YES, WITHOUT stealing SPEED, Thanos wins, hands down. Yet, once Flash steals his speed, what you are left with is Thanos who has this unmatched strength not being able to move or react. Why? He lost all his kinetic energy, he has no movement

Power Gem taps into all power and energy. Without PIS/CIS, I highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt that Thanos' kinetic energy will be drained efficiently, if at all.

curryman

I'm sorry friend, but you misunderstood some bits here. I'll break it down so that my stance is clear.

First off, the PG/Speed-Force misconception.

- The PG will work just fine in the neutral setting they are fighting. Just like Flash will have access to the speed-force.

- This does not however, mean that the speed-force will overlap with whatever Marvel-equivalent there is. Thanos does not draw on the speed-force. We can get a mod ruling on this I'm sure smile

I am not saying that the Speed-force doesn't work because they're fighting in the Marvel universe. I'm saying the Flash can't cut off Thanos' connection because he does not have one. Stealing speed aka absorbing someone's kinetic energy is not the same as cutting off Thanos from the speed force.

- I already pointed out that I was specifically talking about Thanos resisting energy absorption other than the speed-force. Why did you ignore this? My post was 3 lines long. To reiterate, I don't think Flash could steal Thanos' kinetic energy. Thanos is far more powerful than him and now he has the power-gem as well. Not only would there be too much for Wally to steal, but Thanos already has centuries of experience on him when it comes to manipulating energy.

xJLxKing
Power Gem taps into all power and energy. Without PIS/CIS, I highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt that Thanos' kinetic energy will be drained efficiently, if at all. I guess that's where we disagree. I believe that all energy will power Thanos, yet all his speed/kinetic energy will be absorbed by Flash who has control of it

Taken from the forum rules thread

Pretty sure that means he can steal speed. For the sake of your argument, you de-powered flash so that Thanos doesn't get drained. It's a lot like someone saying Spectre can't do anything to wolverine because he isn't from DC.
So as far as stealing speed is concerned, Flash can do it, and it will affect Thanos.

As far as resisting energy absorption goes,yes, he can. Did I argue that? No, all that HE CAN'T resist Flash stealing his Kinetic energy.

Bottom line is, without stealing speed, Flash loses. If he can steal speed, Thanos might not be Knocked out, or BFR'ed, but he is a living statue. He can't move whatsoever and I'd considered that a win. I'm not arguing whether or not Flash can harm Thanos otherwise.

curryman
Pretty sure that means he can steal speed. For the sake of your argument, you de-powered flash so that Thanos doesn't get drained. It's a lot like someone saying Spectre can't do anything to wolverine because he isn't from DC.
So as far as stealing speed is concerned, Flash can do it, and it will affect Thanos.

As far as resisting energy absorption goes,yes, he can. Did I argue that? No, all that HE CAN'T resist Flash stealing his Kinetic energy.

Bottom line is, without stealing speed, Flash loses. If he can steal speed, Thanos might not be Knocked out, or BFR'ed, but he is a living statue. He can't move whatsoever and I'd considered that a win. I'm not arguing whether or not Flash can harm Thanos otherwise.
It's nothing like saying Spectre can't do anything to Wolverine because the Spectre's not cut off from the source of his power, and neither is Flash.

The Flash can not cut Thanos off from something he's not connected to in the first place. The Flash uses the speed-force to steal kinetic energy. That is completely different from severing someone's connection to the speed force. I don't see why this is hard to grasp.

The rules state that the Flash still retains his abilities. It does not state that Thanos will suddenly suffer from the same weaknesses that all of the DC heroes do. If the mods feel that Marvel heroes would be connected to the speed-force for the purpose of the forum fight's neutral settings, then fine. But that would not be a part of the rules, that would be an extension/free interpretation.

xJLxKing
It's nothing like saying Spectre can't do anything to Wolverine because the Spectre's not cut off from the source of his power, and neither is Flash.

The Flash can not cut Thanos off from something he's not connected to in the first place. The Flash uses the speed-force to steal kinetic energy. That is completely different from severing someone's connection to the speed force. I don't see why this is hard to grasp.

The rules state that the Flash still retains his abilities. It does not state that Thanos will suddenly suffer from the same weaknesses that all of the DC heroes do. If the mods feel that Marvel heroes would be connected to the speed-force for the purpose of the forum fight's neutral settings, then fine. But that would not be a part of the rules, that would be an extension/free interpretation. well we will wait for a mod . I'm pretty sure this was brought up before smile

LeonBuco666
As the fact for his speed being stolen yes he can steal his speed, just because thanos doesn't draw his kinetic energy for the speed force doesn't mean it cannot be stolen. As for him being a statue when it has been stolen? Well he will be a status to wally regardless, he'll be moving faster than thaons" eye can see', far to fast.....he'll be punching, phasing through him, vibrating thanos' stealing his kinetic energy and hitting him with a few IMP aswell which I can see 'bothering' thanos and sending him a couple hundred yards back, but thanos' does have the PG? I duno

curryman
well we will wait for a mod . I'm pretty sure this was brought up before smile
If it's been brought up before then you can link me to ruling and that will end it smile

As the fact for his speed being stolen yes he can steal his speed, just because thanos doesn't draw his kinetic energy for the speed force doesn't mean it cannot be stolen.
Read what is being discussed before making unrelated posts like these.

LeonBuco666
All of THIS^^^ will probably only take a few seconds to do it all, an then again repeatedly an extra few seconds, I can't see thanos NOT being hurt from all of that in such short space of time, and I don't mean to piss' on your parade but I could of easily left out the stip and flash could have won this very easily very fast, but I have already removed/depowered flash and taken away thanos' biggest threat and please don't ask me to explain how the stip would have worked because if you don't know you shouldn't be on the thread

LeonBuco666
Seriously? I've just read the whole thread and you guys are arguing about if the speed steal will work on thanos? And I clarified that because if its worked on one character before then it will work again, the only time it will not work if if the character has a DIRECT link to the speedforce or the marvel equivalent, because they can gain speed right away and I'm pretty sure its rules that all characters powers work unless stated by the OP

leonidas
thanos, without problems. i could see a speed steal working for a short time, but then the power gem would kick in and either block it from happening or simply give thanos access to more power--kinetic energy in this case until the speed steal fails. thanos would, like thor, get more and more powerful as this went on. it wouldn't go on very long imo.

quanchi112
Thanos easily wins without the power gem.

-Pr-
This has been talked about before. Flash can steal speed of Marvel characters; stuff like this only really gets murky when we're talking about the likes of, say, dumping Thanos in to the speed force, or something.

JakeTheBank
I don't doubt Wally could steal Thanos' speed/kinetic energy under normal circumstances, but with the Power Gem in his possession, I doubt it's effectiveness to say the least.

Diesldude
Thanos wins.

h1a8
Flash can just take the gem.

JakeTheBank
Wally wouldn't even know what the gem is or its capabilities unless he's given a full briefing ahead of time. The Infinity Gems are definitely not "common knowledge".

Zack Fair
Thanos shitstomps.

h1a8
Wally wouldn't even know what the gem is or its capabilities unless he's given a full briefing ahead of time. The Infinity Gems are definitely not "common knowledge".

Flash is dumb and might say "Ooh a pretty gem, I want that!"

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by h1a8
Flash is dumb and might say "Ooh a pretty gem, I want that!"

If Thanos is threatening to kill his home town's citizens, I doubt Wally would be preoccupied trying to take what's on the surface a meaningless looking colored gem.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Flash is dumb and might say "Ooh a pretty gem, I want that!" Thanos wins.

Eel O'Brien
Does Flash have any feats involving stealing speed/kinetic energy from a proficient energy manipulator?

It makes sense that Flash can pull energy out of somone who simply possesses is, but what about characters who can actively pull on the energy themselves. -I think that's what curryman was saying about Thanos w/ Power Gem.

LeonBuco666
I feel after reading what everybody is saying, that there's not much flash can do to hurt thanos, apart from IMP or if I remove the stip and then flash just runs straight through him from the word 'go' and makes thanos implode within a second, but that's not fair......so......seeing as flash can't do much to thanos W/PG and thanos pretty much in my opinion can't even touch Wally....I'd say a stalemate

Mr Master
... Thanos with the PG doesn't need to move to attack, so that's that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.