Captain America vs. Gorilla Grodd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sixth_Winged
No psionics or shield or weapons

H2h only

LeonBuco666
whats grodd like in hand 2 hand because ino cap is extremely skilled in most forms of martial arts

SamZED
Isn't Grodd class 100?

leonidas
blink this would be like putting cap vs ben grim, only give grim claws and a healthy desire to rend people. oh, and amp his speed and agility as well. that said, someone will bring up his showing against nightwing. maybe some PIS there. i think cap could dance around, do some damage, but i can't see him taking down a grodd intent on eating him.....

Sixth_Winged
So is grodd enhanced beyond normal gorilla strength?

Supermex
Grood is one my all-time heroes/villains
But I never thought he was 100 class...

Is he really?
I alwayd thought he was just Gorilla level..

-K-M-
Pre-Crisis Grodd matched physically with Kalibak and Captain Comet. That version was definitely class 100

leonidas
Originally posted by Supermex
Grood is one my all-time heroes/villains
But I never thought he was 100 class...

Is he really?
I alwayd thought he was just Gorilla level..

well, his strength level varied from time to time. i'd say he was generally shown to in the cl50-75 category personally, but he's got some highs and lows like everyone.

Caps Conscience
It really depends on whether Cap could hurt him.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
So is grodd enhanced beyond normal gorilla strength?
Well beyond. He tosses semis around, crushes multi-level buildings, and breaks entire streets with his stomps.

Class 50-Low Class 100 is probably accurate.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -K-M-
Pre-Crisis Grodd matched physically with Kalibak and Captain Comet. That version was definitely class 100 Where does it say pre crisis ?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
Where does it say pre crisis ?
He's not saying that it applies to this thread, hence why he said "that version was."

Shabazz916
he mind controls cap to walk to him and upper cuts him into next week

Zack Fair
Originally posted by leonidas
blink this would be like putting cap vs ben grim, only give grim claws and a healthy desire to rend people. oh, and amp his speed and agility as well. that said, someone will bring up his showing against nightwing. maybe some PIS there. i think cap could dance around, do some damage, but i can't see him taking down a grodd intent on eating him..... Don't forget the TP.

Golgo13
Grodd!

Bentley
Didn't Grodd get schooled by Batman? shifty

leonidas
yep, and like i said nightwing did well against him too once. in general though he is well cap cap--and both of them had weapons to use against him. here, cap has no shield. the lack of tp won't matter. grodd kills him i'm afraid.

Caps Conscience
There is no TP and Grodd could be put down with pressure points.

Golgo13
yep, and like i said nightwing did well against him too once. in general though he is well cap cap--and both of them had weapons to use against him. here, cap has no shield. the lack of tp won't matter. grodd kills him i'm afraid.

Scans?

leonidas
here is a scan of nightwing hurting/beating on grodd. grodd had no tp here.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/7604/1775803-outsidersviii3.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/7604/1775805-outsidersviii3i.jpg

thunder appeared to help hold grodd down there but arsenal managed to bring grodd down with an arrow that tripped him up. they were shielded from his tp with blockers but dick's baton really seemed to do some damage to grodd. grodd pwn'd dick hard later on when he had his tp and he was teamed with flash, but even at the start of that fight dick very briefly held his own. tp ended it before there was more h2h stuff though.

Golgo13
here is a scan of nightwing hurting/beating on grodd. grodd had no tp here.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/7604/1775803-outsidersviii3.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/7604/1775805-outsidersviii3i.jpg

thunder appeared to help hold grodd down there but arsenal managed to bring grodd down with an arrow that tripped him up. they were shielded from his tp with blockers but dick's baton really seemed to do some damage to grodd. grodd pwn'd dick hard later on when he had his tp and he was teamed with flash, but even at the start of that fight dick very briefly held his own. tp ended it before there was more h2h stuff though.

I've seen that, but it didn't look like NW would have won and he didn't even take him down. He drew blood, but Grodd has a HIGH damage soak, so it didn't matter.

Bentley
To be honest, Grodd should destroy Captain America, barring obvious PIS such as when he trashed the Ufoes Steve isn't just in that level...

....Or is he?

biscuits

JakeTheBank
mmm

Steve Rogers 10/10.

carver9
Cap hands Grodd his shield and still stomps 10/10. Nobody can beat the symbol.

srankmissingnin
For some reason I thought this thread said Captain America vs Godzilla. As you can imagine I'm disappointed.

Shabazz916
Grodd breaks his legs stomps on him n eats him while he is alive

Omega Vision
I think in a comic Steve would win (and not even using pressure points, just good old fashioned punches), and I'd be annoyed but not surprised.

In a forum fight Grodd 8-9/10. I imagine it goes a lot like how a fight between a human marital artist and an enraged silverback gorilla would go in real life.

BruceSkywalker
cap beats grodd

Golgo13
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I think in a comic Steve would win (and not even using pressure points, just good old fashioned punches), and I'd be annoyed but not surprised.

In a forum fight Grodd 8-9/10. I imagine it goes a lot like how a fight between a human marital artist and an enraged silverback gorilla would go in real life.

Pretty much this. Grodd has taken multiple blows from Flash on multiple occasions.

leonidas
Originally posted by Omega Vision

i think the strength disparity is greater though. grodd has been shown tossing around a cement truck and hurling cars to the tops of apartment buildings. and his damage soak is ridiculous. he may not be cl 100, but he's def cl50-75 imo with superspeed to boot. someone raised the issue of nerve strikes and i think that is a fair argument. it's possible steve could take him down that way. rethinking and hearing some of the arguments, i think 8/10 for grodd is fair.

Omega Vision
i think the strength disparity is greater though. grodd has been shown tossing around a cement truck and hurling cars to the tops of apartment buildings. and his damage soak is ridiculous. he may not be cl 100, but he's def cl50-75 imo with superspeed to boot. someone raised the issue of nerve strikes and i think that is a fair argument. it's possible steve could take him down that way. rethinking and hearing some of the arguments, i think 8/10 for grodd is fair.
Oh I wasn't suggesting that the strength gap is the same as that between an athletic human and a RL gorilla, just that I see Cap (minus his shield and character shield) getting torn apart more often than not, just as I see a world class human martial artist getting torn apart by an angry gorilla more often than not.

leonidas
ah. thumb up

Supermex
I'm a huge Cap fan but I don't see Cap winning this..
Grodd is to strong and durable for cap or any street leveler..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.