DC's Most Powerful Lanterns Vs Marvel's Front Line

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
DC's Most powerful lanterns sans Ion 1 vs Marvel's most powerful.

1. Volthoom, the First Lantern
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/VOL_zps6cb9fe9c.jpg
2. Sinestro, White Lantern
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/WL_zps08e7e2e6.jpg
3. Ion 2
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/ION_zps4dd77e6d.jpg
4. Parallax (Hal)
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/HJ_zps4d82b842.jpg
5. Larfleeze
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/LF_zpsf30704ed.jpg
6. Sentinel (The Dark Things)
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/AS_zps40c775c1.jpg
7. Atrocitus (Current)
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/Atroc_zps76223e8a.jpg

vs

Golgo13
1. King Thor
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/KT_zps2f8dd912.jpg
2. Void Sentry
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/VS_zps674a16cf.jpg
3. Genis
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/GN_zps97081049.jpg
4. Dr. Strange (Classic)
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/DS_zps846b9e33.jpg
5. P5 Namor
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/P5_zpsa519edb1.png
6. Keeper
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/SS_zps0327012b.jpg
7. Adam Warlock W/ Gem
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/AW_zps1fe9ebb1.jpg

Galan007
The Lanterns get destroyed.

Cogito
Originally posted by Galan007

I was gearing up for spite the other way, but this is true thumb up

the Darkone

thumb up pretty much, Genis and King Thor alone would rage stomp them!!

Golgo13
King Thor isn't going to stomp Alan Scott with the full power of the Starheart. Let's not go crazy.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Golgo13
King Thor isn't going to stomp Alan Scott with the full power of the Starheart. Let's not go crazy.

End of reigning King Thor was easily on Odin level, Genis would literally shot Alan in the head and cause a big bang and call it a day. Classic Dr. Strange will upon some serious sh**, Classic Strange is easily on PC Dr Fate level either of them would beat the hell out of Alan.

Adam Warlock is taking somebody or someone to soul world where he is God.

Golgo13
Originally posted by the Darkone
End of reigning King Thor was easily on Odin level, Genis would literally shot Alan in the head and cause a big bang and call it a day. Classic Dr. Strange will upon some serious sh**, Classic Strange is easily on PC Dr Fate level either of them would beat the hell out of Alan.

Adam Warlock is taking somebody or someone to soul world where he is God.

This is King Thor just to clarify, not Rune King Thor.

Odekahn
The lanterns have universal scale reality warpers on their side. I'm going with them.

Cogito
Originally posted by Odekahn
The lanterns have universal scale reality warpers on their side. I'm going with them.

Lanterns don't really have any universal reality warpers

Galan007
They have no universal reality warpers.

Golgo13
No, but this is Robinson's Alan, who can:

I don't think this is a stomp in any teams favor.

xJLxKing
Is this ZH Hal?

JakeTheBank
Lol you inadvertently made a thread where Marvel stomps!

No one really has the durability or shielding to withstand a prolonged fight with the firepower of King Thor.

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Lol you inadvertently made a thread where Marvel stomps!

No one really has the durability or shielding to withstand a prolonged fight with the firepower of King Thor. Its so funny. Marvel team stomps.

Golgo13
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Is this ZH Hal?

Of course not. I need to give Marvel a chance. wink

Supermex
Keeper Surfer is top notch

the Darkone
Marvel stomps

Golgo13
Originally posted by the Darkone
Marvel stomps

How are they going to stomp someone like alan or Sinestro with White Entity?

JakeTheBank
Alan, at best, is like high trans level from that arc, possibly being low skyfather. Even so, the Starheart didn't make him so far beyond the likes of some of the guys on Marvel's team.

Golgo13
Alan, at best, is like high trans level from that arc, possibly being low skyfather. Even so, the Starheart didn't make him so far beyond the likes of some of the guys on Marvel's team.

What did the others do that makes them more powerful than someone who took on Mordru and most of DC's biggest heroes simultaneously? And with no trouble at all.

JakeTheBank
What did the others do that makes them more powerful than someone who took on Mordru and most of DC's biggest heroes simultaneously? And with no trouble at all.

Let's be honest, Alan took on a B list team of heroes from the JLA/JSA, which was the whole point of Robinson's JLA run (Bruce was "dead", Diana was off doing her own thing, Superman was dealing with New Krypton, etc.). And yes, him taking them on through his constructs while not really focused was impressive. His stalemating of a weak Mordru was also impressive in JSA.

King Thor alone has the destructive capabilities to blow a hole through Captain America's shield, warp adamantium, and decapitate the Destroyer Armor. He can also stop time and perform other abilities granted to him through the Odin Force.

I don't see anyone being able to stand against that kind of raw power on Team DC for long.

Golgo13
Let's be honest, Alan took on a B list team of heroes from the JLA/JSA, which was the whole point of Robinson's JLA run (Bruce was "dead", Diana was off doing her own thing, Superman was dealing with New Krypton, etc.). And yes, him taking them on through his constructs while not really focused was impressive. His stalemating of a weak Mordru was also impressive in JSA.

King Thor alone has the destructive capabilities to blow a hole through Captain America's shield, warp adamantium, and decapitate the Destroyer Armor. He can also stop time and perform other abilities granted to him through the Odin Force.

I don't see anyone being able to stand against that kind of raw power on Team DC for long.

Not only did he dominate physically (Both Power Girl and Supergirl) couldn't even put a dent in him and he just laughed off their blows. Supergirl in the same Robinson run dominated Ultraman as well. He also dominated mentally as well. Taking control over many minds.

Yes, Mordru was weak, but he was powerful enough to casually create pocket dimension, IIRC. Dr. Fate, Obsidian, and the whole team of JLA/JSA was present. It was a good feat.

Galan007
King Thor alone killed Desak in the Destroyer armor with a single throw of his hammer.
Void alone atomized Loki with a gesture.
Genis alone had a hand in destroying Eternity.
Strange alone stalemated each infinity gem individually.
Namor alone was trouncing an uber Avengers line-up(which included the likes of: Thor, Strange, Rulk, Thing, Iron Man, Iron Fist, etc.) before Wanda intervened.
Keeper alone is powerful enough to defeat a hungry Galactus, and can whimsically stop time.

Feat-wise this isn't even a close matchup. The Marvel team stomps.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Cogito
Lanterns don't really have any universal reality warpers

ZH Parallax and Volthoom?????

Golgo13
King Thor alone killed Desak in the Destroyer armor with a single throw of his hammer.
Namor alone was trouncing an uber Avengers line-up(which included the likes of: Thor, Strange, Rulk, Thing, Iron Man, Iron Fist, etc.) before Wanda intervened.
Keeper alone is powerful enough to defeat a hungry Galactus, and can whimsically stop time.

Larfleeze killed a bunch of Controllers easily.
Sinestro was able to make Nekron feel pain and on top of that, surprised Volthoom without the Parallax force.
Alan was able to manipulate time as well, along with sealing a dimensional rift that was destroying multiple universes.
Volthoom was able to toy with high heralds such as Atrocitus and a White Lantern.
Parallax was able to bust up Spectre.
etc...

Galan007
ZH Parallax and Volthoom????? "ZH" Parallax isn't specified in the OP, nor does the OP depict "ZH" Parallax in the subsequent pic.

Volthoom is absolutely not a universal warper. He tried to become one, and nearly succeeded via tapping into Hal's will, but in the end he failed to attain said power.

Cogito
ZH Parallax and Volthoom?????

The picture clearly shows Hal Parallax during Johns' run, and Volthoom merely simulated alternate realities. He was growing in power, but he wasn't a real universal reality warper (yet).

Golgo13
The picture clearly shows Hal Parallax during Johns' run, and Volthoom merely simulated alternate realities. He was growing in power, but he wasn't a real universal reality warper (yet).

You have to wonder if guys like Sentry or Genis (not insane) could actually beat Volthoom. He was ultimately defeated by Nekron, right?

xJLxKing
He may have posted pic of Johns' run as Hal/parallax but for all you know he did it for the looks of it

Cogito
You have to wonder if guys like Sentry or Genis (not insane) could actually beat Volthoom. He was ultimately defeated by Nekron, right?

Well, he was ultimately killed by Nekron but he was defeated by Hal before that when Hal used the Black Lantern ring to draw 'Thoom's power from him.

Just because Nekron made the final kill doesn't mean that lesser beings (e.g. everyone on team Marvel) couldn't do the same.

Golgo13
If it were ZH Parallax or Ion 1, the fight would be too one sided. Like I said, I used a watered down Parallax/Ion, to make the fight more fair.

I have a heart too, you know. big grin

Odekahn
"ZH" Parallax isn't specified in the OP, nor does the OP depict "ZH" Parallax in the subsequent pic.

Volthoom is absolutely not a universal warper. He tried to become one, and nearly succeeded via tapping into Hal's will, but in the end he failed to attain said power.

Ok fair enough, I saw parallax hal and just assumed ZH.

Volthoom did attain that power, that's what was making Kyle go crazy. it even showed the hand of creation.

Golgo13
Well, he was ultimately killed by Nekron but he was defeated by Hal before that when Hal used the Black Lantern ring to draw 'Thoom's power from him.

Just because Nekron made the final kill doesn't mean that lesser beings (e.g. everyone on team Marvel) couldn't do the same.

Yeah, he was defeated by something the other team doesn't have. Not saying that a being of higher multitude couldn't beat Volthoom (Galactus, Franklin, Spectre, etc...), but could Void Sentry do it? Could Adam Warlock?

Galan007
Larfleeze killed a bunch of Controllers easily.
Sinestro was able to make Nekron feel pain and on top of that, surprised Volthoom without the Parallax force.
Alan was able to manipulate time as well, along with sealing a dimensional rift that was destroying multiple universes.
Volthoom was able to toy with high heralds such as Atrocitus and a White Lantern.
Parallax was able to bust up Spectre.
etc... Controllers are featless wonders, but even IF we assume they are on par with Guardians, killing them is still vastly inferior to one-shotting Desak in the Destroyer armor.

Since when does making another character "feel pain" qualify as a noteworthy feat?

Scans of Alan manipulating time to the same degree as KT or Keeper, please. Also, how is the ability to seal dimensional rifts supposed to help Alan in this battle?

Who hasn't 'busted up' Crispus-Spectre? Nowadays, that is hardly a high-end feat. :/

Cogito
Yeah, he was defeated by something the other team doesn't have. Not saying that a being of higher multitude couldn't beat Volthoom (Galactus, Franklin, Spectre, etc...), but could Void Sentry do it? Could Adam Warlock?

Void? Maybe. I don't think I'd bet on it.

Adam with the Soul Gem very well might be able to phuck him up though. Volthoom's power comes from the emotional spectrum, which I imagine falls somewhere in the category of "soul"-like things.

Genis and Thor should phuck him up.

Golgo13
Controllers are featless wonders, but even IF we assume they are on par with Guardians, killing them is still vastly inferior to one-shotting Desak in the Destroyer armor.

Since when does making another character "feel pain" qualify as a noteworthy feat?

Scans of Alan manipulating time to the same degree as KT or Keeper, please. Also, how is the ability to seal dimensional rifts supposed to help Alan in this battle?

Who hasn't 'busted up' Crispus-Spectre? Nowadays, that is hardly a high-end feat. :/

I'm not comparing Larfleeze to King Thor, but there are OTHER players on team Marvel. Could Sentry or Genis (Not insane) or Adam beat Larfleeze with his corps?

Sinestro with the entity/WL seemed pretty powerful, IMO. It was one of the only forces to make Nekron feel anything.

And Alan sped up time on a whole planet to make time go faster, IIRC. Early JLA arc. Alan also possessed the likes of Miss Martian, Dr. Fate, and Obsidian.

Galan007
Volthoom did attain that power, that's what was making Kyle go crazy. it even showed the hand of creation. ONLY while directly tethering himself to child-Hal. Once that direct physical link was severed, Volthoom immediately ceased being able to cause universal damage.

...So unless child-Hal is in this thread form Volthoom to link with, then he isn't a universal force.

Galan007
I'm not comparing Larfleeze to King Thor, but there are OTHER players on team Marvel. Could Sentry or Genis (Not insane) or Adam beat Larfleeze with his corps?

Sinestro with the entity/WL seemed pretty powerful, IMO. It was one of the only forces to make Nekron feel anything.

And Alan sped up time on a whole planet to make time go faster, IIRC. Early JLA arc. Alan also possessed the likes of Miss Martian, Dr. Fate, and Obsidian. The majority of the DC team are not immune to time-stops. There are 2 characters on the Marvel team that can stop time. Just saying.

The WL=life. Nekron=death. The WL negatively affecting Nekron is akin to Kryptonite negatively affecting Superman, imo.

Don't remember that. Although, I'm not sure how speeding up time would benefit team-DC? They'd just lose quicker, is all. smile

Golgo13
The majority of the DC team are not immune to time-stops. There are 2 characters on the Marvel team that can stop time. Just saying.

The WL=life. Nekron=death. The WL negatively affecting Nekron is akin to Kryptonite negatively affecting Superman, imo.

Don't remember that. Although, I'm not sure how speeding up time would benefit team-DC? They'd just lose quicker, is all. smile

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/AS_zps772f1201.jpg

It was a "little world", but still impressive. AS can also manipulate time.

JakeTheBank

This.

It isn't a good fight for the Lanterns no matter how you slice it.

Odekahn
ONLY while directly tethering himself to child-Hal. Once that direct physical link was severed, Volthoom immediately ceased being able to cause universal damage.

...So unless child-Hal is in this thread form Volthoom to link with, then he isn't a universal force.

Child hal was just the source of the power. Volthoom attained it, that's why he had to be drained of the power before he was slain by Nekron. He had that power until it was drained. He didn't need child Hal anymore than ZH Parallax needed the central power battery after absorbing all of its power.

Not to mention the picture posted in the op is volthoom at full power. Before, Volthoom had been drained by the guardians to create the third army.

Galan007
Child hal was just the source of the power. Volthoom attained it, that's why he had to be drained of the power before he was slain by Nekron.

Not to mention the picture posted in the op is volthoom at full power. Before, Volthoom had been drained by the guardians to create the third army. Literally none of this is accurate. I suggest reading the pertinent issue once more.

a.) Volthoom only attained said power for as long as he was physically touching Hal. There is absolutely no proof that he was still a universal force after that link was severed by Sinestrallax-- in fact, Sinestrallax overwhelming Volthoom on more than one occasion should suffice as proof that he wasn't a universal force. b.)Volthoom was, essentially, the nexus point through which all emotions in the spectrum(sans life/death) flowed-- the Guardians inadvertently created him that way. That is why said energy had to be drained from him before he was killed-- it might've damaged the emotional spectrum as a whole had he not been drained.

The OP pic does not depict full-power Volthoom. It depicts Volthoom after Sinestrallax usurped the power of fear from him. The best feat that 'version' of Volthoom had was growing really tall and stomping on a few Lanterns. However, I'm assuming that we are using the most powerful version of the character(s) here-- however, linking with Hal isn't a 'tactic' Volthoom would be able to utilize in this battle, regardless.

Before you try to argue any of what I said(which I know you inevitably will, because you love Volthoom), please read the issue again. I don't want you to look silly. smile

Odekahn
Literally none of this is accurate. I suggest reading the pertinent issue once more.

a.) Volthoom only attained said power for as long as he was physically touching Hal. There is absolutely no proof that he was still a universal force after that link was severed by Sinestrallax. b.)Volthoom was, essentially, the nexus point through which all emotions in the spectrum(sans life/death) flowed-- the Guardians inadvertently created him that way. That is why said energy had to be drained from him before he was killed-- it might've damaged the emotional spectrum as a whole had he not been drained.

The OP pic does not depict full-power Volthoom. It depicts Volthoom after Sinestrallax usurped the power of fear from him. The best feat that 'version' of Volthoom had was growing really tall and stomping on a few no-name Lanterns.

Before you try to argue any of what I said(which I know you inevitably will, because you love Volthoom), please read the issue again. I don't want you to look silly. smile

I will go back and read it again but if I look "silly" then, hell, I look silly. It's what I gathered from when I read the issue, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong. Doesn't bother me any. People can think what they want. I'm here to discuss comics cause I love them, not to have an unblimished debate record lol.

Golgo13
Child hal was just the source of the power. Volthoom attained it, that's why he had to be drained of the power before he was slain by Nekron. He had that power until it was drained. He didn't need child Hal anymore than ZH Parallax needed the central power battery after absorbing all of its power.

Not to mention the picture posted in the op is volthoom at full power. Before, Volthoom had been drained by the guardians to create the third army.

Yeah, I'm using him at his peak.

Galan007
I will go back and read it again but if I look "silly" then, hell, I look silly. It's what I gathered from when I read the issue, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong. Doesn't bother me any. People can think what they want. I'm here to discuss comics cause I love them, not to have an unblimished debate record lol. laughing out loud

RESPEK! thumb up

Odekahn
Oh and actually I think volthoom is kind of cheesy. I just thought the battle was lopsided.

Galan007
Imo, he was one of the worst 'major threats' DC's come up with in a long time.

Golgo13
I thought he was cooler than Mandrakk. I mainly liked his look.

xJLxKing
LOL he wasn't even a threat

Golgo13
Originally posted by xJLxKing
LOL he wasn't even a threat

Even at half power, he was toying with the likes of Kyle (WL), Atrocitus, Larfleeze, etc... I think it was Atrocitus who snapped his neck and he just snapped it back. He was a threat. Not on the level of Mandrakk or someone Multiversal, but he was one to the GL mythos.

Odekahn
Yeah, I'm using him at his peak.

Well there we go. Then what matters is he WAS a universal threat at his peak.

Galan007
^ Only while physically linked with Hal. And considering Hal is not in this thread, then it is literally impossible for Volthoom to attain said power.

But even if the rules of this thread are being changed now, in hopes of swaying the favor to the DC side(which doesn't surprise me, given the thread's creator), then it still doesn't matter. For the brief moment Volthoom held 'universal power', he didn't do anything of note with it. Kyle commented that he felt 'history unraveling'. So what? Briefly unraveling history=/=an offensive battle feat. Volthoom did not kill so much as a single Lantern with said power.

...Dunno why you guys have such a hard-on for him..?

Odekahn
^ Only while physically linked with Hal. And considering Hal is not in this thread, then it is literally impossible for Volthoom to attain said power.

But even if the rules of this thread are being changed now, in hopes of swaying the favor to the DC side(which doesn't surprise me, given the thread's creator), then it still doesn't matter. For the brief moment Volthoom held 'universal power', he didn't do anything of note with it. Kyle commented that he felt 'history unraveling'. So what? Briefly unraveling history=/=an offensive battle feat. Volthoom did not kill so much as a single Lantern with said power.

...Dunno why you guys have such a hard-on for him..?

I don't really like him that much, but that doesn't mean I'm going to not give credit where it's due. Kyle said that to let us know what was happening, that may not be a combat feat but its still a feat and showing of universal power.

And he didn't HAVE to use kid Hal, he could have used the CPB like he originally went to OA to do.

Galan007
And he didn't HAVE to use kid Hal, he could have used the CPB like he originally went to OA to do. But Volthoom did use Hal. As far as we saw, he had to remain in physical contact with Hal in order to do anything on a universal scale. Once that link was severed, his connection to said power was severed as well.

And like I said earlier: the fact that Sinestrallax was able to overwhelm Volthoom on more than one occasion should suffice as proof that Volthoom was no longer a universal power... Unless you believe Sinestrallax =/> universal. srsly

yaadaveyaa

thank u i was gonna say i made a thread king thor vs ion and i was told its spite against thor so this isnt that bad of a rage stomp but lanterns does win a slight majority... the lanterns r incredibly strong volthoom and ion both were said to be at omnipotence level several times and hal as parllax is no joke ... the question i have i dont think void can be killed and genesis was some kind of outrageous strong and if bfr is on strange could potentially win it real quick...?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
thank u i was gonna say i made a thread king thor vs ion and i was told its spite against thor so this isnt that bad of a rage stomp but lanterns does win a slight majority... the lanterns r incredibly strong volthoom and ion both were said to be at omnipotence level several times and hal as parllax is no joke ... the question i have i dont think void can be killed and genesis was some kind of outrageous strong and if bfr is on strange could potentially win it real quick...?

Classic Ion, the Ion used in your thread, is a different beast altogether than Ion 2, which is the Ion being used here.

King Thor versus Classic Ion is most definitely spite against Thor. Ion hasn't been written at those levels for years.

yaadaveyaa
Classic Ion, the Ion used in your thread, is a different beast altogether than Ion 2, which is the Ion being used here.

King Thor versus Classic Ion is most definitely spite against Thor. Ion hasn't been written at those levels for years.

the ion i used was kyle not classic thats maybe y i got confused

yaadaveyaa
im also fresh with gl stuff i literally bought my first set of comics last week so im learning

JakeTheBank
the ion i used was kyle not classic thats maybe y i got confused

Kyle was Classic Ion.

He also became Ion again (Ion 2), though he was significantly far less powerful than his first incarnation.

Since then, the Ion entity has been pretty failtastic (see Sodam Yat for reference).

yaadaveyaa
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh see i read the comic he was ion 2 i guess thats where my confusion is just off the top of your head you dont happen to know the issues where hes the classic ion do u? id like to go and buy em thanks jake

Galan007
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh see i read the comic he was ion 2 i guess thats where my confusion is just off the top of your head you dont happen to know the issues where hes the classic ion do u? id like to go and buy em thanks jake Green Lantern v3 #145-150.

yaadaveyaa
THANKS GALAN

Galan007
NO PROBLEM

armedforbattle
Wasn't The Keeper like Galactus level?

NO PROBLEM laughing

Galan007
Originally posted by armedforbattle
Wasn't The Keeper like Galactus level? Keeper was able to beat a starving/weak Galactus. A well-fed Galactus nearly killed him with a few blasts, however.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.