Proteus vs Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Proteus's host is inexhaustable (like morph) for the purposes of this fight.

carver9
UUUUMMMM, proteus Stomps.

quanchi112
Proteus, easily.

the Darkone
Darkseid

anyone care to elaborate?

carver9
Proteus by far is one of the best reality warpers in comics. Darkseid Omegas would be useless and his strength would be pointless as well. The only weakness Proteus had was taken away from him during the Exiles story. Proteus turns Darkseid into a puppy.

Golgo13
Darkseid.

leonidas
why would ds OE be be useless carv.....?

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
Because carver said it so,DUH. Darkseid wins btw.

Endless Mike
Seid

carver9
Originally posted by leonidas

Because Proteus can turn it to whatever he wants or he could just bend it away from him. Proteus "only" weakness was Iron and that was taken from him during the exiles story line...Darkseid options are limited and Proteus could probably control the Omegas or create something over Darkseid eyes preventing him from using the Omegas.

Endless Mike
So Proteus' power can override the power of the Source now?

Mr Master
Originally posted by carver9

Proteus by far is one of the best reality warpers in comics.
I wouldn't go that far.

Glorificus
Proteus easily.

carver9
Originally posted by Endless Mike
So Proteus' power can override the power of the Source now?

Never said override, I said "bend" the Omegas.

@Mr. Masters...

I agree, I remember your debate a couple of yrs ago in the Wanda vs Proteus thread. You brought up some good points.

leonidas
Because Proteus can turn it to whatever he wants or he could just bend it away from him. Proteus "only" weakness was Iron and that was taken from him during the exiles story line...Darkseid options are limited and Proteus could probably control the Omegas or create something over Darkseid eyes preventing him from using the Omegas.

hmm, i'm not buying that at all i'm afraid. i see no reason at all why the OE would be considered<proteus. magneto beat him after all. darkseid takes him.

carver9
Magneto beat a depowered Proteus...that was split in two.

Why wouldn't Proteus be able to bend the Omegas.?

leonidas

proteus was split in that arc? hmm, didn't recall everything that had gone on before that battle....

as for why not--it's never happened that i know of. the OE in itself can bend space and time so i don't see why proteus should be placed above the OE. what are some of proteus's feats that you know of and what is some of the context of said feats?

-K-M-
DS has a level of low level reality manipulation too

Where did it say he was weakened again?

and why has he done something on that level to even suggest he could?

leonidas
Originally posted by -K-M-
DS has a level of low level reality manipulation too

Where did it say he was weakened again?

and why has he done something on that level to even suggest he could?

thumb up

i thought it was just me.....

Contrary to Carv's initial assessment, Proteus is the weakest of warpers that can truly be described as such, which is why I pinned him against DS. He can still rewrite physics locally, however, and the OE has accumulated low showings. I do not see it as an instawin here.

Proteus wasn't quite split in the magneto arc. after being dispersed by colossus, his residual energy was collected by piecemeal and a a hybrid personality emerged from the two. it decided to kill itself however and dispersed around the environment again, eventually infecting Destiny's corpse. when she was ressurected by Selene, the fraction of his being, presumably the original proteus's mind, that laid dorment in her awakened and started collecting itself up again. IIRC, the story doesn't clarify how much of him had regrouped.

it can, however, be argued his defeat required a measure of PIS or a lot of CIS to take place.

Golgo13
Proteus is usually planetary right?

I dont recall any planetary warp feats from 616 Proteus. He is god within his immediate vicinities, remaking anything he turns his attention to. He can also possess other people individually or in groups, which no one has resisted so far, though the strongest psionics I recall him possessing were psylocke and blindfold - then again blindfold has shown superior TP to Legion or at least the power to overhelm all his personalities and powers.

whenever proteus leaves his host, he manifests as pure psionic energy and his powers are amplified, but so is his vulnerabilty to Iron. It should be noted the proteus from exiles was the house of M proteus and the 616 one has retained his weakness to iron, hence his fear of magneto in their encounter.

Golgo13
I recall an uber ass feat in X-Men/Star Trek. But that's non canon.

yes, him against Q

-K-M-
Surprised Carver didn't bring it up, as he already brought up the non-canon Exiles Proteus (From the House of M reality, and he lost his iron weakness as he possessed Morph's body...HUGE difference. Nor does he have that body anymore)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.