10 times?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
If Spider-man is ten times stronger then Captain America if would be plausible that his speed,agility,and refllexes are also ten timex better too. Opiniions?

he's only ten times stronger?

attributes dont have to correlate like that.

golem370
2000 being nice to Cap and Spider-Man 20,000

pym-ftw
Cap is class 4? Wow

Maybe, probably, no in that order

Id say he's a class 1, maybe 2. SM when pushing can rise beyond 20

pym-ftw
I thought spidey at peak was class 40 now Idk?

SamZED
Not how it works in comics.

pym-ftw
People call Ben class 100 from one panel with she hulk....

embarrasment

Mindship
Originally posted by golem370
If Spider-man is ten times stronger than Captain America, would it be plausible that his speed, agility and reflexes are also ten times better too? Opinions. How would that work with, say, WBH? As others have said, it don't be workin' that way in comics.

Even in the real world it doesn't work that way. Google up 'fast twitch' and 'slow twitch' muscle fibers.

Juk3n
Originally posted by golem370
If Spider-man is ten times stronger then Captain America if would be plausible that his speed,agility,and refllexes are also ten timex better too. Opiniions?

This would mean that The Rock can beat Usain Bolt in a foot race. Strength doesn't scale like that, not even in comics.

golem370
What is Spider-Man main physical stat?. I think it works imo between peak human and low superhuman. Pym if parker can lift atleast
10tons / 20,000lbs and Cap has maxed 1ton then SM is ten times stronger.

Branlor Swift
Spider-Man is stronger than Cap?

Haha, you poor naive son of a whore. You've got a lot to learn about Steve

Shabazz916
Why is spiderman that strong ? Peter parker was a weakling b4 his powers so ampn then even 10 times should not be that strong!!!

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Mindship
How would that work with, say, WBH? As others have said, it don't be workin' that way in comics.

Even in the real world it doesn't work that way. Google up 'fast twitch' and 'slow twitch' muscle fibers.

Fast-Twitch fibers have greater potential for speed and strength.

Obviously because both are components of power, and Fast-Twitch fibers are more geared towards optimal power.

Strength is a big component of speed (though of course there are others, such as body shape/limb length etc.). It is impossible to be fast without at least being strong for your weight. Square-Cube Law demonstrates that. The reason big animals are so slow is because they are weak proportionate to their weight.

Elephants take a lot longer to cross one body length than I do.

If an Elephant had my level of strength, it would be so weak that, forget the ability to run fast, it wouldn't even be able to support itself. It would collapse. On the other hand if I magically had the strength of an elephant in my 220 lb frame, I would by far be the fastest animal on land.

Because my weight would feel like a feather in comparison to my strength level.

Its actually quite basic. If you can move the same weight faster than another other guy, all other things being equal, then the particular muscle groups in use are stronger than that of the other guy's.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Shabazz916
Why is spiderman that strong ? Peter parker was a weakling b4 his powers so ampn then even 10 times should not be that strong!!! rogers before the serum would of gotten owned by petey before he got his powers haha

SamZED
Originally posted by pym-ftw
People call Ben class 100 from one panel with she hulk....

embarrasment Oh I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was talking about the OP. id agree Pete is class 40, i'm just affraid it might start a sh!tstorm.stick out tongue

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Square-Cube Law demonstrates that. The reason big animals are so slow is because they are weak proportionate to their weight.

Elephants take a lot longer to cross one body length than I do.
Not really. Th reason big animals are slow is because it becomes increasingly difficult to maintain sufficient strength t those kinds of weights. And not all big animals are slow anyways. A lion is much bigger than you are, but it would outdo you as far speed is concerned.

And Square-Cube law tells us that an ant, when scaled up to the size of an elephant would be MUCH weaker than the elephant, while the elephant, scaled down to the size of an ant, would be much stronger than the ant. Notwithstanding the ant's ability to lift 50 times its own weight at its natural sizes.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Not really. Th reason big animals are slow is because it becomes increasingly difficult to maintain sufficient strength t those kinds of weights. And not all big animals are slow anyways. A lion is much bigger than you are, but it would outdo you as far speed is concerned.

And Square-Cube law tells us that an ant, when scaled up to the size of an elephant would be MUCH weaker than the elephant, while the elephant, scaled down to the size of an ant, would be much stronger than the ant. Notwithstanding the ant's ability to lift 50 times its own weight at its natural sizes.

There is no contradiction here.

An elephant is slow relative to its size because despite its absolute strength being immense, its relative strength is very weak.

An ant is very fast relative to its size because relative to its weight its strength is very good.

I'm not talking about the facet of scaling within the square-cube law, though you are correct here (muscular strength only grows by the square of the scaling factor and weight by the cube of the scaling factor--hence an animal that's twice as big as another animal within its species will be ~8 times heavier yet only ~4 times stronger, which means its only half as strong lb for lb) simply what it says about strength and weight relations and the impact on biomechanics.

A Lion weighs twice as much as me, and yet is immensely stronger than that multiplier. That, combined with the fact that it is a quadruped, accounts for why it is so much faster than me. Even if you took a relative that's the same weight as me, such as a mountain lion, it would still be far faster as its still so much stronger than me, on top of being a quadruped.

A Lion is very strong for its size. Hence part of the reason why its fast. As is a Horse. As is a bull. As is a Marlin. etc.

Shabazz916
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
rogers before the serum would of gotten owned by petey before he got his powers haha

Idk both were weak n just because you are weak doesnt mean you cnt fight

h1a8
It doesn't scale that way.
IMO
Spidey is about 10-15 times stronger than Cap.
Spidey is about 4-8 times faster than Cap in movement speed.
His reflexes is infinitely faster (since he can react the moment or slightly before the moment something happens due to his Spider Sense).

Agility is unquantifiable. But clearly spidey has better agility. He's one of the most agile characters in comics.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Shabazz916
Idk both were weak n just because you are weak doesnt mean you cnt fight rogers was small & fragile, parker is and was tall and was a lot stronger than rogers before his powers, either way parker is stronger than cap

they were both frail teenagers when they got their respective powers and while the SSS had a much more visible effect on musculature than the spider-bite, there's no way to know what rogers's build would turn out as an adult to compare it to parker's current form.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.