Atum The God Eater Vs Gorr The God Butcher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeonBuco666
In desert, start 500 yards apart

Cis pis and bfr off

Who wins

LeonBuco666
Bump

TheGodKiller
Atum wins.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Atum wins. how? I'm not saying he couldn't but how?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Atum as he was last shown was an Eternity level Cosmic and was definitely on a greater hierarchy then Gorr. That being said that doesn't mean he'd win a fight, while he stands around being all Cosmic, Gorr can go for his heart like Thor. That being said, if Atum engages him even without much feats he should probably be far beyond Gorr.

Mindset
Atum doesn't have a heart, stupid.

operator616
what? how is atum an eternity level being?

CPT Space Bomb
Atum should win. In a comic fight though, lately, I'm not so sure.

carver9
We need a tier thread. Threads like this wouldn't be created (along with the other threads been made by Leon and numerous of others) if we had one. Is someone currently working on this?

Mindset
I am, carver.

Don't you worry your pretty little head about it.

zopzop
Classic Demogorge would rage stomp.

Gorr slaughters current Demogorge.

ODG
Originally posted by operator616
what? how is atum an eternity level being? He now devours gods from pantheons across the universe in some sort of other dimension. He doesn't just eat Earth deities that piss him off and spending his off-time in the Sun. He is, apparently, the cosmic personification of Limbo for the Gods of the universe. And he doesn't even necessarily reach out personally to devour them. They all inexorably lead to his gaping maw once the faith sustaining the gods die out. Almost like normal people inevitably ending up in Death's embrace. That certainly elevates him in role, if not power.

Pretty sure he and Gorr would be bro's in RL.

Tar-Antado
Originally posted by ODG
He now devours gods from pantheons across the universe in some sort of other dimension. He doesn't just eat Earth deities that piss him off and spending his off-time in the Sun. He is, apparently, the cosmic personification of Limbo for the Gods of the universe. And he doesn't even necessarily reach out personally to devour them. They all inexorably lead to his gaping maw once the faith sustaining the gods die out. Almost like normal people inevitably ending up in Death's embrace. That certainly elevates him in role, if not power.

Pretty sure he and Gorr would be bro's in RL.

Not sure how that makes him an Eternity-level being.

Golgo13
Atum.

ODG
Originally posted by Tar-Antado
Not sure how that makes him an Eternity-level being. All the gods across the universe end up meeting their existential end at his maw. I would never have pegged anyone else for that role save Death herself. That's pretty grandiose. And I'm pretty sure Rage.Of.Olympus is using that term loosely. As in, beings like Galactus and In-Betweener would meet that definition.

iceman24567
Originally posted by ODG
All the gods across the universe end up meeting their existential end at his maw. I would never have pegged anyone else for that role save Death herself. That's pretty grandiose. And I'm pretty sure Rage.Of.Olympus is using that term loosely. As in, beings like Galactus and In-Betweener would meet that definition. Tar is taking it to literal

Rage.Of.Olympus
what? how is atum an eternity level being?

Oh that just stuck with me from a Matt Fraction interview. He said he was going to ignore the most recent depiction of Atum (Looking at you Secret Invasion) and write Atum as this big Eternity level cosmic (His description) that was the ultimate end for Gods. ODG gave a nice summary of what he did with Atum.

abhilegend
Atum wins.

operator616
ODG:

cool, never knew that, could you tell me what story arc is that? id like to read it.

Rage.Of.Olympus:

yea not only secret invasion but in the mighty thor series, thor killed him.

TheGodKiller
ODG:

cool, never knew that, could you tell me what story arc is that? id like to read it.

Rage.Of.Olympus:

yea not only secret invasion but in the mighty thor series, thor killed him.

Fraction's Mighty Thor. The very same series that you're referencing in your post.

operator616
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Fraction's Mighty Thor. The very same series that you're referencing in your post.

in the secret invasion series he was compared to eternity (as being afraid of eternity)

http://i.imgur.com/mKaTUGs.jpg

which is weird considering his power level isn't anywhere close to that.

and the devouring gods is the one from mighty thor #8? is that it? pretty wierd considering thor killed him afterwards.

TheGodKiller
in the secret invasion series he was compared to eternity (as being afraid of eternity)

and the devouring gods is the one from mighty thor #8? is that it? pretty wierd considering thor killed him afterwards.
Rage clarified that it was Fraction himself who called him an Eternity level Cosmic.

ODG was merely extrapolating what exactly that statement means in context.

Rage.Of.Olympus

What Godkiller said. Thor only was able to do what he did by going for his heart or whatever.

In Secret Invasion he came off as weak sauce and was overloaded lol. In Fraction's run he was the equivalent of Death for Gods.

LeonBuco666
Thor realized there was no way to harm or kill atum from the outside, so he let atum absorb him, and then PIS came into play and somehow thor did what the billions of other gods, elder gods & demons couldn't do lol

operator616
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What Godkiller said. Thor only was able to do what he did by going for his heart or whatever.

In Secret Invasion he came off as weak sauce and was overloaded lol. In Fraction's run he was the equivalent of Death for Gods.

yes it was his heart (i already posted this about 2 months ago in the Atum/Demogorge Vs Odin thread, in which the majority were arguing in atum's favor for some reason)

http://i.imgur.com/K7hrren.jpg

didn't seem like he was eternity level at all.

Rage.Of.Olympus
yes it was his heart (i already posted this about 2 months ago in the Atum/Demogorge Vs Odin thread, in which the majority were arguing in atum's favor for some reason)

http://i.imgur.com/K7hrren.jpg

didn't seem like he was eternity level at all.

I'm just telling you what Fraction described him as and as ODG pointed out to you, I think it was an accurate depiction. If your problem with this comparison is that Thor was able to damage him, well then that's a completely different issue.

Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Thor realized there was no way to harm or kill atum from the outside, so he let atum absorb him, and then PIS came into play and somehow thor did what the billions of other gods, elder gods & demons couldn't do lol

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16026628/Thor_-_God_of_Thunder_009-016.jpg.html

"The three Thor's, the greatest of all the gods."

Utrigita
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm just telling you what Fraction described him as and as ODG pointed out to you, I think it was an accurate depiction. If your problem with this comparison is that Thor was able to damage him, well then that's a completely different issue.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16026628/Thor_-_God_of_Thunder_009-016.jpg.html

"The three Thor's, the greatest of all the gods."

Or so the story goes

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Utrigita
Or so the story goes

It's true. Even Hercules knows it deep down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.