Mephisto Vs tiamut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeonBuco666
All powers avalible

Both characters are in peak form

Takes place on a neutral plain so mephisto would be as powerful as he would be in his own realm(bar re-structering shit)

GO

Branlor Swift
Mega gay

Stoic
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
All powers avalible

Both characters are in peak form

Takes place on a neutral plain so mephisto would be as powerful as he would be in his own realm(bar re-structering shit)

GO

Leaning towards Tiamut, but I could be convinced of a stalemate.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Mega gay you are?:O well I'm happy for you

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Stoic
Leaning towards Tiamut, but I could be convinced of a stalemate. I think mephisto stalemated galactus, untill he threatened to devour his realm, I'm not sure though, he may have lost

Stoic
I think mephisto stalemated galactus, untill he threatened to devour his realm, I'm not sure though, he may have lost

Mephisto only conceded, he wasn't defeated by being beaten into the ground or anything like that.

Mr.SunKing
Tiamut rather easily, If three skyfathers combined witht he destroyer couldn't fare well against Arishem, I don't see Mephisto doing much better against a Celestial that surpasses him in power

LeonBuco666
Mephisto only conceded, he wasn't defeated by being beaten into the ground or anything like that. ino, but galactus was nourished aswell, so think mephisto can take this slighlty unless tiamut could take a fed galctus I'm not so sure

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Mr.SunKing
Tiamut rather easily, If three skyfathers combined witht he destroyer couldn't fare well against Arishem, I don't see Mephisto doing much better against a Celestial that surpasses him in power fair point, but could tiamut beat galactus or at least stalemate him like mephisto

Stoic
ino, but galactus was nourished aswell, so think mephisto can take this slighlty unless tiamut could take a fed galctus I'm not so sure

That's just it. Mephisto under the conditions of this thread would be very powerful, and I doubt that this would be an easy victory for Tiamut to claim. If it were in a comic, and Mephisto won, I wouldn't be the least surprised.

LeonBuco666
That's just it. Mephisto under the conditions of this thread would be very powerful, and I doubt that this would be an easy victory for Tiamut to claim. If it were in a comic, and Mephisto won, I wouldn't be the least surprised. yeah,tbh I can't choose

abhilegend
Tiamut wins.

Mr.SunKing
fair point, but could tiamut beat galactus or at least stalemate him like mephisto
Galactus feared Tiamut's awakening. I feel Tiamut would beat him for the healthy majority

Mr.SunKing
also

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80103/1998614-celestialnote1.jpg

TheGodKiller
That's just it. Mephisto under the conditions of this thread would be very powerful, and I doubt that this would be an easy victory for Tiamut to claim. If it were in a comic, and Mephisto won, I wouldn't be the least surprised.
Mephisto got blown to smithereens by a kid Franklin Richards. To claim that this would be a difficult fight for Tiamut, let alone the idea that Mephisto could even win, is just outright asinine.

Mr.SunKing
and to add, a kid Franklin blew mephisto to bit in his own realm, something Galactus couldn't even achieve. In regard to Franklin being their peer, I would put any Celestial above your average Galactus, or ATLEAST on par, not lower. mind you tiamut by NO means is your average celestial

Mr.SunKing
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Mephisto got blown to smithereens by a kid Franklin Richards. To claim that this would be a difficult fight for Tiamut, let alone the idea that Mephisto could even win, is just outright asinine.
damn son, get out my head, despite the fact that you posted this before mine.

LeonBuco666
Mephisto got blown to smithereens by a kid Franklin Richards. To claim that this would be a difficult fight for Tiamut, let alone the idea that Mephisto could even win, is just outright asinine. funny you should mention that, because adult franklin richards handed two celestials there ass' kid richards has the same power as adult richards he just doesn't realize it

Mr.SunKing
funny you should mention that, because adult franklin richards handed two celestials there ass' kid richards has the same power as adult richards he just doesn't realize it
yet that adult Franklin surpasses your average Galactus. His destiny suggest his power is still growing. So stating they have the same amount of power seems wrong imo. And again, Tiamut surpasses your average celestial by far

eaebiakuya
* hungry Galactus.

Mr.SunKing
hungry? nah, a 4 planet amped Galactus ( more than average) is more or less on par with Adult Richards

eaebiakuya
I mean Mephisto fighted against a hungry Galactus.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
* hungry Galactus. no mephisto fought a nourished galactus

operator616
i find it hard to believe that it was a hungry galactus considering galaxies were destroyed as the result of their battle. though the issue does state that galactus was denied from consuming a planet.

TheGodKiller
^A hungry Galactus had a more or less similar battle with Agamotto. A hungry Galactus could have one-shot killed Zeus in Chaos War were it not for Mikaboshi's amp.
no mephisto fought a nourished galactus
Wrong.

LeonBuco666
^A hungry Galactus had a more or less similar battle with Agamotto. A hungry Galactus could have one-shot killed Zeus in Chaos War were it not for Mikaboshi's amp.

Wrong. no, correct

TheGodKiller
no, correct
You didn't even read the comic, so your opinion means nothing.

eaebiakuya
Galactus with almost no energy destroyed a Galaxy in anihillation.

And im not sure if galaxies were destroyed in that battle. I tough it was planets.

LeonBuco666
He fights galactus -----
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7307/mephistobattlesgalactusel3.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8203/mephistobattlesgalactuseg2.jpg
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4581/mephistobattlesgalactusan2.jpg
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2618/mephistobattlesgalactusjy6.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5421/mephistobattlesgalactusdw9.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/11/mephistobattlesgalactusid1.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2592/mephistobattlesgalactusja9.jpg
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/695/mephistobattlesgalactushq3.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8002/mephistobattlesgalactusyp9.jpg

TheGodKiller
And im not sure if galaxies were destroyed in that battle. I tough it was planets.
While there was considerable emphasis on the havoc that was wrecked on planets, the battle also shook galaxies:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights%202/Mephisto/ssjd566zs.jpg
and destroyed stars and constellations:
http://s238.photobucket.com/user/Branlactus/media/Fights%202/Mephisto/ssjd585gn.jpg.html
ultimately threatening to destroy the universe itself:
http://s238.photobucket.com/user/Branlactus/media/Fights%202/Mephisto/ssjd596qq.jpg.html

LeonBuco666
Galactus drained a lot of energy in that fight, he knew himself that the only way to win was to threaten to eat mephistos realm, otherwise big g would have lost

TheGodKiller
^Wrong again. It was the Silver Surfer who suggested to him to devour Mephisto's realm. At no point did Mephisto actually gain the upper hand in that battle. It was very clearly a stalemate.

operator616
Galactus with almost no energy destroyed a Galaxy in anihillation.

scan? because i recall it being 3 solar systems not a galaxy unless you're referring to another instance.

LeonBuco666
^Wrong again. It was the Silver Surfer who suggested to him to devour Mephisto's realm. At no point did Mephisto actually gain the upper hand in that battle. It was very clearly a stalemate. he gained it when the lava was at his chest, he gained the upper hand and said his hunger has came again that he must eat in order to win but mephisto gave up the heralds an let galactus leave, stalemate if galactus had not threatend to eat the realm mephisto would have won

TheGodKiller
he gained it when the lava was at his chest, he gained the upper hand and said his hunger has came again that he must eat in order to win but mephisto gave up the heralds an let galactus leave, stalemate if galactus had not threatend to eat the realm mephisto would have won
That was AFTER the Surfer suggested to him to start eating Hades. Way to ignore context.
Originally posted by operator616
scan? because i recall it being 3 solar systems not a galaxy unless you're referring to another instance.
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/herald_my_rage_zpsc80d4415.jpg

eaebiakuya
While there was considerable emphasis on the havoc that was wrecked on planets, the battle also shook galaxies:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights%202/Mephisto/ssjd566zs.jpg
and destroyed stars and constellations:
http://s238.photobucket.com/user/Branlactus/media/Fights%202/Mephisto/ssjd585gn.jpg.html
ultimately threatening to destroy the universe itself:
http://s238.photobucket.com/user/Branlactus/media/Fights%202/Mephisto/ssjd596qq.jpg.html

thumb up

guy222
Tiamut destroys Mephisto

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by guy222
Tiamut destroys Mephisto no,
Mephisto = galactus (he stalemated him) > tiamut

deathlife
I'm not that well versed in cosmic marvel but wasn't Galactus terrified when Tiamut woke up from his slumber in Eternals?

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by deathlife
I'm not that well versed in cosmic marvel but wasn't Galactus terrified when Tiamut woke up from his slumber in Eternals? no, nor was he scared, he said he could 'feel' that the dreaming celestial had finally awoke

TheGodKiller
no,
Mephisto = galactus (he stalemated him) > tiamut
Piss-poor logic. A hungry Galactus was taking Meph to the limit in the latter's own realm.

A fully unleashed Franklin Richards atomized an amped Mephisto in the latter's own realm.

Mephisto's fight with Galactus is pretty much his highest feat ever.
no, nor was he scared, he said he could 'feel' that the dreaming celestial had finally awoke
Do you even read comics? It was clearly stated on-panel that Galactus once again knew the meaning of fear when Tiamut awoke.

LeonBuco666

Igniz

TheGodKiller

LeonBuco666
Those echoes were produced by Tiamut, and Galactus knew that this signaled his reawakening. You're taking that entire scene out of context.

Again taking things out of context, eh? It was made abundantly clear that the Silver Surfer was the one who suggested to Galactus to feed upon Mephisto's realm in order to avoid a potential universe-wide catastrophe.

Which comic were you reading again? Because it was made very clear that a lot of time passed between each feeding, and Galactus simply got hungrier with every meal. He was deprived of his final meal prior to the battle:
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/th_Galactus_hungry_Mephisto_zps40d51f2b.jpg

Wrong. He started feeding to end their stalemate, and he did so wupon the Surfer's suggestion. Your overt implication that Galactus started feeding simply out of gnawing hunger doesn't fully hold up to what the on-panel evidence tells us.

So you're labeling a showing as PIS simply because you don't like it? Nevermind the fact that Franklin is a universal scale reality warper and undoubtedly one of the most powerful entities in the 616-universe, and it took his powers being fully unleashed to achieve said feat, or that Mephisto has been beaten in his realm before.

Even if had read the encounter, you would be just as likely to take it out of context as you did the Galactus/Mephisto encounter. I am willing to wager that you'd claim something like the "Dire Wraiths weakened Mephisto" even when it was the complete opposite in reality.
I hadn't read the issue before, so I thought it was PIS because meph is basically god in his realm,
INO it was surfer who suggested it, inever said he didn't, but galactus still said 'this burning hunger is upon me'
And yes to end the stalemate, because mephisto was overpowering him but galactus was holding his own, surfer suggested to eat the realm because 1 galactus said his hunger is upon him again, and to end the fight that was risking the entire universe
NOT ONCE did I say surfer didn't suggest it, simply said galactus done it too either one, if mephisto didn't surrender he could basically kill two birds with one stone, feed his hunger and end the fight or just end the fight with mephisto surrendering like he did
I never read out of context

TheGodKiller
I hadn't read the issue before, so I thought it was PIS because meph is basically god in his realm,
INO it was surfer who suggested it, inever said he didn't, but galactus still said 'this burning hunger is upon me'

How does it matter that he's god in his realm? He's below high-end cosmic beings, and a reality warper as powerful as Franklin(he ranks among the top 5 Marvel mutant reality warpers) should be capable of overwhelming him in his own realm, particularly when Franklin's power has been fully unleashed.

And yes to end the stalemate, because mephisto was overpowering him but galactus was holding his own, surfer suggested to eat the realm because 1 galactus said his hunger is upon him again, and to end the fight that was risking the entire universe

Overpowering him? You have some serious reading comprehension issues. Not once anywhere was it implied that Mephisto was "overpowering" him or even gaining the upper hand. Galactus resorted devouring Hades because that was the only way to break off their evenly matched battle, which was threatening the universe entire.

NOT ONCE did I say surfer didn't suggest it, simply said galactus done it too either one, if mephisto didn't surrender he could basically kill two birds with one stone, feed his hunger and end the fight or just end the fight with mephisto surrendering like he did

You conveniently ignored the Surfer bit, until it was pointed out to you. Anyways, the point is that Galactus didn't come to Hades to satiate his hunger. He came there for his herald. Him deciding to act upon the Silver Surfer's suggestion, and getting a bonus advantage by getting a quick snack from Hades, doesn't support your position one bit.

I never read out of context
Sure. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr.SunKing
I don't see Galactus taking Tiamut at ALL, from what he I recalled he handles Arishem, someone who has a great showing against 3 sky fathers, plus an ampled destroyer armor.

plus, the Celestials were intended to surpass Galactus regardless

TheGodKiller
I don't see Galactus taking Tiamut at ALL, from what he I recalled he handles Arishem, someone who has a great showing against 3 sky fathers, plus an ampled destroyer armor.
Galactus has killed Celestials, the very same Celestials that were shown to resist an alternate UN and an alternate IG on different occasions. Tiamut was killed in a recent comic by an energy feeder, and seeing how Galactus is the very embodiment of energy feeding, that doesn't bode well for Tiamut...
plus, the Celestials were intended to surpass Galactus regardless
That was decades ago. Since then, from Infinity Gauntlet to Cancerverse, they have clearly been portrayed as peers.

LeonBuco666
How does it matter that he's god in his realm? He's below high-end cosmic beings, and a reality warper as powerful as Franklin(he ranks among the top 5 Marvel mutant reality warpers) should be capable of overwhelming him in his own realm, particularly when Franklin's power has been fully unleashed.

Overpowering him? You have some serious reading comprehension issues. Not once anywhere was it implied that Mephisto was "overpowering" him or even gaining the upper hand. Galactus resorted devouring Hades because that was the only way to break off their evenly matched battle, which was threatening the universe entire.

You conveniently ignored the Surfer bit, until it was pointed out to you. Anyways, the point is that Galactus didn't come to Hades to satiate his hunger. He came there for his herald. Him deciding to act upon the Silver Surfer's suggestion, and getting a bonus advantage by getting a quick snack from Hades, doesn't support your position one bit.

Sure. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Yes, overpowering him, he did gain the upper hand right at the climatic point of the fight, in which galactus stated his burning hunger was upon him again(due to the rgy output during the fight) surfer THEN suggested he begin eating hades to end the fight as galactus was becoming overpowered.
I never ignored it, I simply saying what galactus did,
Your telling me things I already know, you are reading what I'm saying wrong, I know galactus went there to reclaim his herald which meph imprisoned, mephisto thought he was a cheeky **** and challenged him, grew himself to the same size as galactus and engaged him in battle, they battled disrupting many pkanets solar systems galaxies and risked destroying the entir universe, he then stated his burning hunger was upon him, surfer then suggested to eat hades to end the fight in which galactus was being overpowered(AT THAT POINT) he did so, and mephisto surrendered the heralds, which was the intended reaction for galactus

LeonBuco666
Galactus has killed Celestials, the very same Celestials that were shown to resist an alternate UN and an alternate IG on different occasions. Tiamut was killed in a recent comic by an energy feeder, and seeing how Galactus is the very embodiment of energy feeding, that doesn't bode well for Tiamut...

That was decades ago. Since then, from Infinity Gauntlet to Cancerverse, they have clearly been portrayed as peers.
At least we agree on something laughing out loud

Wasn't galactus' creation simply to keep the celestials in check?
He would devour planets to make sure the celestials populace never got out of hand wouldn't he? Or is that the alternate universe version?

TheGodKiller
Yes, overpowering him, he did gain the upper hand right at the climatic point of the fight, in which galactus stated his burning hunger was upon him again(due to the rgy output during the fight) surfer THEN suggested he begin eating hades to end the fight as galactus was becoming overpowered.

Now you're just plain lying. No he did not gain the upper hand at any point of the fight. When Galactus retreated to begin feeding on his realm, Meph thought that meant that Galactus was surrendering, bu that was not the case.

I never ignored it, I simply saying what galactus did,

You sure did everytime you claimed that Galactus resorted to eating the Hades because he was losing ground, or that Meph had him on the ropes.

Your telling me things I already know, you are reading what I'm saying wrong, I know galactus went there to reclaim his herald which meph imprisoned, mephisto thought he was a cheeky **** and challenged him, grew himself to the same size as galactus and engaged him in battle, they battled disrupting many pkanets solar systems galaxies and risked destroying the entir universe, he then stated his burning hunger was upon him, surfer then suggested to eat hades to end the fight in which galactus was being overpowered(AT THAT POINT) he did so, and mephisto surrendered the heralds, which was the intended reaction for galactus
Except that you either conveniently ignore bits that you don't like, i.e Galactus being implied to be hungry before or that encounter, or you just make shit up by claiming that Meph had him on the run.

TheGodKiller
Wasn't galactus' creation simply to keep the celestials in check?
He would devour planets to make sure the celestials populace never got out of hand wouldn't he? Or is that the alternate universe version?
Earth X and it's not canon. Your ignorance of the forum rules can only be matched by your reading comprehension issues combined with an inability to take things in context.

Naija boy
Tiamut stomps

Mr.SunKing
Galactus has killed Celestials, the very same Celestials that were shown to resist an alternate UN and an alternate IG on different occasions. Tiamut was killed in a recent comic by an energy feeder, and seeing how Galactus is the very embodiment

Haven't read the entire comic for myself yet, but from the scans the Celestials created these little buggers, which are in turn devouring the multiverse

and far as energy feeding, valid point I don't think tiamut would just sit there and allow Galactus to even attempt, moreover, he did not resort to such tactus with his battle during the mad Celestials, I need more context for the Tiamut situation, it's as if he was just standing there.

The entire story arc smells like PIS though, A celestial getting assassinated by thor's x enchanted weapon?
smells a bit funny

Originally posted by TheGodKiller That was decades ago. Since then, from Infinity Gauntlet to Cancerverse, they have clearly been portrayed as peers.

true, they more or less have been portrayed as peers, however, with their limited appearances, they have been portrayed as a bit more powerful.
Also, he had to additionally amp to stand a chance
Hickman even stated that they did not even have tom merge to deal with Galactus, but chose to do so to move things along.

TheGodKiller
Haven't read the entire comic for myself yet, but from the scans the Celestials created these little buggers, which are in turn devouring the multiverse

and far as energy feeding, valid point I don't think tiamut would just sit there and allow Galactus to even attempt, moreover, he did not resort to such tactus with his battle during the mad Celestials, I need more context for the Tiamut situation, it's as if he was just standing there.

The entire story arc smells like PIS though, A celestial getting assassinated by thor's x enchanted weapon?
smells a bit funny

Yes, it's true the Celestials designed them to feed on energy, and they have the potential to feed on the multiverse eventually. Doesn't take away from the fact that one of these things managed to kill off one of the most powerful Celestials in canon though.

He was unable to cut off the link that the Exterminator established. It's not in character for Galactus to simply start eating his opponent, but if he goes for such a strategy, Tiamut is in a world of trouble.

Well, to be fair to Tiamut, he'd just woken from having a multiversal hole blown in his brain, but there was no indication on-panel that it had compromised his powers in any way.

Also, that Asgardian Axe(Jarnbjorn) thing happened in a different series, under a different writer.

true, they more or less have been portrayed as peers, however, with their limited appearances, they have been portrayed as a bit more powerful.
Also, he had to additionally amp to stand a chance
Hickman even stated that they did not even have tom merge to deal with Galactus, but chose to do so to move things along.
I doubt it. Galactus outperformed them during the Cancerverse invasion, so indirect comparisons pertaining skyfathers and such isn't really relevant here. They have always been portrayed as peers in terms of sheer power, with Galactus being showcased as the better fighter in a battle.

LeonBuco666
Earth X and it's not canon. Your ignorance of the forum rules can only be matched by your reading comprehension issues combined with an inability to take things in context. your an annoying little prick aren't you?
I gave you the basic overview of the fight, they came to a climax in which neither were winning, then galactus began to lose energy, surfer 'suggested' he eat hades to end the fight as he was being overpowered, so he needed to end the fight, galactus knew that mephisto would not choose the heralds over his own realm
You call me ignorant, basically up front say I can't read, when I blaintently can, you just being an *******
I quote something you said asking you a question, you reply to me by saying I'm ignorant and my reading is bascially shit, I can read things in context perfectly well, you've just decided to think your better than me, and 100 percent right when you are actually wrong, never mind. I'm not gonna waste my time

Mr Master

Celestials that were shown to resist an alternate IG on different occasions.
A working IG in its native reality? Can I see, or what books?

JakeTheBank
Tiamut.

Lol.

TheGodKiller
your an annoying little prick aren't you?
I gave you the basic overview of the fight, they came to a climax in which neither were winning, then galactus began to lose energy, surfer 'suggested' he eat hades to end the fight as he was being overpowered, so he needed to end the fight, galactus knew that mephisto would not choose the heralds over his own realm
You call me ignorant, basically up front say I can't read, when I blaintently can, you just being an *******
I quote something you said asking you a question, you reply to me by saying I'm ignorant and my reading is bascially shit, I can read things in context perfectly well, you've just decided to think your better than me, and 100 percent right when you are actually wrong, never mind. I'm not gonna waste my time
Nope, what you're doing is assuming things like Surfer suggesting that to him because he was "losing" the fight, when in actuality the Surfer did so to prevent the universal-scale collateral damage that would have followed had the fight gone to the distance.

Again, let me repeat it for you: at no point was Galactus either harmed or actually in threat of losing the fight. He resorted to eating Hades upon the Silver Surfer's suggestion, and the Surfer suggested this to him in the first place so that their universe-threatening conflict could be ended. The Surfer didn't do so out of some convoluted fear that Galactus was about to lose the battle or something.

You also ignored the scan I provided in which it is shown that Galactus was deprived of a planetary feast prior to the battle.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Mr Master
A working IG in its native reality? Can I see, or what books?
It was working all right, just not in its native reality. It didn't need to be anyway, as it was linked just fine to its native universe.

Stoic

In this thread he is given all of the power that he would have while being inside of his realm. Call it what you will, but don't pretend to be shocked by my answer while knowing why I felt that Mephisto may win. Galactus wasn't able to beat him under those conditions, so if you're saying that Tiamut would easily crush Galactus, you may need some hard proof to prove your stance.

TheGodKiller
In this thread he is given all of the power that he would have while being inside of his realm. Call it what you will, but don't pretend to be shocked by my answer while knowing why I felt that Mephisto may win. Galactus wasn't able to beat him under those condition, so if you're saying that Tiamut would easily crush Galactus, you may need some hard proof to prove your stance.
You do realize that it was Mephisto in his realm when he was crushed by Franklin Richards? Or that in their next meeting(which was again within Mephisto's realm), Mephisto was practically shitting his pants at the sight of Franklin?

The Galactus that Mephisto fought was deprived of a planetary feast prior to the battle. Tiamut is on par with a fed Galactus, and a full power Franklin(who's atomized Mephisto within his own realm).

Plus, Tiamut has also demonstrated the power to completely overtake a pocket dimension(which is what Mephisto's realm is), in the process undoing the pocket dimension's resident Supreme Being.

How do you think Mephisto will counter Tiamut literally usurping the very fabric of Hades from Mephisto's essence? Or if he just atomizes him to oblivion ala Franklin?

You're just picking Mephisto in order to stick out from the majority opinion. Which doesn't validate your stance in any way whatsoever.

Stoic
You do realize that it was Mephisto in his realm when he was crushed by Franklin Richards? Or that in their next meeting(which was again within Mephisto's realm), Mephisto was practically shitting his pants at the sight of Franklin?

The Galactus that Mephisto fought was deprived of a planetary feast prior to the battle. Tiamut is on par with a fed Galactus, and a full power Franklin(who's atomized Mephisto within his own realm).

Plus, Tiamut has also demonstrated the power to completely overtake a pocket dimension(which is what Mephisto's realm is), in the process undoing the pocket dimension's resident Supreme Being.

How do you think Mephisto will counter Tiamut literally usurping the very fabric of Hades from Mephisto's essence? Or if he just atomizes him to oblivion ala Franklin?

You're just picking Mephisto in order to stick out from the majority opinion. Which doesn't validate your stance in any way whatsoever.

First of all do not pretend to know what I have picked, or why my stance is what it is, or you may fall victim to several colorful words. I said what I meant, do not read into it more than what it was. Also inserting Franklin into this is your first mistake. These are clearly two different characters. They may have also been penned by two different writers, which if is the case, you really have no firm backing to your opinion, and should cease from pulling Franklin Richards into a Mephisto vs Tiamut discussion.

By now you clearly know why I believe that Mephisto could give Tiamut a difficult time while being supported by his native realm, so don't pretend to guess why I made the choice that I did, when we both know that you already know.

TheGodKiller
First of all do not pretend to know what I have picked, or why my stance is what it is, or you may fall victim to several colorful words. I said what I meant, do not read into it more than what it was. Also inserting Franklin into this is your first mistake. These are clearly two different characters. They may have also been penned by two different writers, which if is the case, you really have no firm backing to your opinion, and should cease from pulling Franklin Richards into a Mephisto vs Tiamut discussion.

By now you clearly know why I believe that Mephisto could give Tiamut a difficult time while being supported by his native realm, so don't pretend to guess why I made the choice that I did, when we both know that you already know.
I don't need to pretend that you're favoring Mephisto(were the fight to happen in a comic), in this thread, because you made that obvious pages ago. Your colorful words will be rendered colorless by my even more colorful response.

How is inserting Franklin a mistake? Celestials, by and large, have been established to be his peers, and Tiamut is one of the most powerful ones ever, so he is by default Franklin's peer. I fail to see how different characters being penned by different writers has any relevancy here, particularly when a weakened Tiamut was referenced as being the mightiest of the 4th Host of Celestials, the very same Host one of whose members no-sold a pissed off Franklin.

Mephisto won't give Tiamut a hard time at all, based on the on-panel evidence that we have. We have seen Mephisto within his realm only managing to stalemate a hungry Galactus(who'd get crushed by Tiamut), we've seen Mephisto within his realm getting atomized by a kid Franklin Richards(whose far more powerful adult counterpart was nearly killed by 3 alternate reality renegade Celestials), and we've seen what happens when Tiamut invades a pocket realm.

The winner is very obvious in this thread, and he wins this rather easily. And it's not Mephisto.

Stoic
I don't need to pretend that you're favoring Mephisto(were the fight to happen in a comic), in this thread, because you made that obvious pages ago. Your colorful words will be rendered colorless by my even more colorful response.

How is inserting Franklin a mistake? Celestials, by and large, have been established to be his peers, and Tiamut is one of the most powerful ones ever, so he is by default Franklin's peer. I fail to see how different characters being penned by different writers has any relevancy here, particularly when a weakened Tiamut was referenced as being the mightiest of the 4th Host of Celestials, the very same Host one of whose members no-sold a pissed off Franklin.

Mephisto won't give Tiamut a hard time at all, based on the on-panel evidence that we have. We have seen Mephisto within his realm only managing to stalemate a hungry Galactus(who'd get crushed by Tiamut), we've seen Mephisto within his realm getting atomized by a kid Franklin Richards(whose far more powerful adult counterpart was nearly killed by 3 alternate reality renegade Celestials), and we've seen what happens when Tiamut invades a pocket realm.

The winner is very obvious in this thread, and he wins this rather easily. And it's not Mephisto.

Franklin has a different power-set than Mephisto, and perhaps Tiamut. Mephisto is a magical or metaphysical character, while Tiamut seems to be more of a super science type entity. Galactus had a scrimmage with the Inbetweener as well, and had similar success against him. Who won that fight? It looked pretty even to me. I saw and read the scan of what Franklin did to Mephisto in that instance, but it's not to say that another writer would see Tiamut doing that to him just because Franklin was able to. This is why I said that I would not be surprised if Mephisto were able to defeat a being of Tiamut's stature, or at least make him work very hard for it.

Mephisto appeared to be more dominant than Galactus within his realm, and it seemed to me that if Galactus had nothing to feed upon, that in a matter of moments he was going to lose. Don't forget that all characters have their high's and their lows, and it's clear to me at least that Mephisto was at a low, when Franklin dealt with him so easily. Or perhaps you are correct, and the Celestial's, and Franklin are Mephisto's silver bullet, while Galactus is not.

TheGodKiller
Franklin has a different power-set than Mephisto, and perhaps Tiamut. Mephisto is a magical or metaphysical character, while Tiamut seems to be more of a super science type entity. Galactus had a scrimmage with the Inbetweener as well, and had similar success against him. Who won that fight? It looked pretty even to me. I saw and read the scan of what Franklin did to Mephisto in that instance, but it's not to say that another writer would see Tiamut doing that to him just because Franklin was able to. This is why I said that I would not be surprised if Mephisto were able to defeat a being of Tiamut's stature, or at least make him work very hard for it.

Mephisto appeared to be more dominant than Galactus within his realm, and it seemed to me that if Galactus had nothing to feed upon, that in a matter of moments he was going to lose. Don't forget that all characters have their high's and their lows, and it's clear to me at least that Mephisto was at a low, when Franklin dealt with him so easily. Or perhaps you are correct, and the Celestial's, and Franklin are Mephisto's silver bullet, while Galactus is not.
LOLwhaut? Mephisto is supposed to be virtually omnipotent in his realm, and has demonstrated vast reality warping powers to support such an opinion. Tiamut's power has been used by an Eternal before to warp reality on a cosmic scale. All of them are high-end reality manipulators, with Meph relying on magic to some extent, Tiamut relying on cosmic power, and Franklin relying on psionic power.

Galactus was hungry against the In-Betweener as well. Just like the Mephisto fight. Why do you keep ignoring this important bit of context? We've seen a fed Galactus defeat Odin without so much as lifting a finger to defend himself. Hell, a hungry Galactus is confident enough in his power against a skyfather. That's the level of power a fed Galactus operates upon.

You do realize that under a different writer, Tiamut's mere awakening blinded the Watcher and evoked fear from Galactus.

Mephisto wasn't more dominant than Galactus at all, unless you consider his more aggressive speech mannerisms as a display of superiority. laughing

How is an amped Mephisto, who easily dispatched Classic Doctor Strange, at a low when Franklin beat him? If anything, it cements the fact that a Galactus/Celestial level being is a whole tier beyond skyfatherish characters like Mephisto.

Silver Bullet? I have already provided the reason why Galactus only stalemated Mephisto, the same reason why he stalemated Agamotto or the In-Betweener. It's because he was UNFED aka HUNGRY. A fed Galactus would one-shot Mephisto to death the same Scrier one-shotted Mephisto to death.

Mr Master

How is an amped Mephisto,
who easily dispatched Classic Doctor Strange,
at a low when Franklin beat him?
It should be noted:

We can't tell if Mephisto's amp left before he got floored, or right after,
but it was definitely not there when Franklin destroyed him:

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/12034149_Meph.jpg

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Mr Master
It should be noted:

We can't tell if Mephisto's amp left before he got floored, or right after,
but it was definitely not there when Franklin destroyed him:

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/12034149_Meph.jpg
I know that and I am inclined to believe that the amps was removed after he was brought to his knees. Remember, their planet was shown moving AFTER Franklin already struck him, and Mephisto realized his amp had been lost only after he was reduced to a smoldering ruin.

Magnon
Tiamut wins.

Btw, which one is the official MU canon: Tiamut transcending to the next level of existence with Fulcrum? Or Tiamut being embarrassingly taken apart by the likes of High Evolutionary and Mr Sinister, and finally killed off?

the Darkone
Elder God and Sky Father can hang with a hungry Galactus and so can low-end cosmic abstracts like In-Betweener, but that doesn't mean that a low sky father level in Mephisto or any sky father or elder god can hang with a high end cosmic in Tiamut.

Areshem dismissed the three most powerful sky fathers: Odin.Zeus and Vishnu, and Tiamut is consider superior to Areshem, what anybody in their right mind would think a low sky father/ hell lord can mess with high end cosmic, I don't understand the logic :/

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Magnon
Btw, which one is the official MU canon: Tiamut transcending to the next level of existence with Fulcrum? Or Tiamut being embarrassingly taken apart by the likes of High Evolutionary and Mr Sinister, and finally killed off?
Both.

Although he'll likely be back in the next story involving the Dreaming Celestial. Strangely speaking, writers don't even refer him by his real name anymore. Just goes to show how much of a shit they give.

Magnon
Both.

Although he'll likely be back in the next story involving the Dreaming Celestial. Strangely speaking, writers don't even refer him by his real name anymore. Just goes to show how much of a shit they give.

Ok, thanks. Although I don't see how both story lines could be simultaneously true... Ah well, I'll just treat it as yet another inconsistency.

guy222
Celestials can never "die". Wish Gaiman writes the next Eternals again when Tiamut returns

TheGodKiller
Celestials can never "die".
Knowhere disagrees. :P
Wish Gaiman writes the next Eternals again when Tiamut returns
Me too. His take was probably closest to Kirby's original intention for them.

nwg202
Tiamut

guy222
Yes he does Gaiman did a masterful job. When Tiamt awoke was fantastic

quanchi112
Tiamut wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.