Superman(Man of Steel) vs Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
Man of Steel Superman

VS

Movie Universe
Avengers( Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, )
Fantastic Four (Human Torch, Mr Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Thing)
X-Men (Jean Grey, Magneto)

Bonus Round

All of the above + Silver Surfer, Xavier, Shawn, Loki)

Lets go!

Golgo13
Did you see the movie yet?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Golgo13
Did you see the movie yet? Yep. Hoping someone else did.

PS: It was awesome.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Yep. Hoping someone else did.

Was it any good?

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Ill weigh in after the movie at midnight.

Zack Fair
Was it any good? It was everything I wanted in a Superman film.

Golgo13
It was everything I wanted in a Superman film.

Cool. Seeing it tomorrow.

Zack Fair
Have fun thumb up

Watch out for the Easter eggs

Golgo13
Have fun thumb up

Watch out for the Easter eggs

Do you think Superman has a chance?

Mr.SunKing
It was everything I wanted in a Superman film.
this comment just me smile.

I plan to see it tomorrow, but possibly wont due to a few circumstances

Golgo13
Been following Twitter and the GA seems to be digging it.

Man Of Steel was... It was. IDK IM SO CONFUSED AND ALONE

Man of steel was absolutely awesome. Thank you @Walmart for the premier showing. #seesteelfirst

Man of Steel was beyond amazing! I recommend everyone to watch it...well when it comes out tomorrow (;

Man of steel was pretty epic... Go see the midnight premiere! Oh and yeah I went to a special viewing before it was out #iknowpeople (no, you know WALMART *****)

Man of Steel was so awesome. Even though they did change the music, it was still amazing

So Man of Steel was the real. Tons of action, great story and a shocking ending. Good stuff! Now buy some DVDs cause ticket prices are high!

Man Of Steel was good, but I think it was missing the post credits Nick Fury scene.'

Years of anticipation and self imposed hype... The sum truly was greater than its parts. Man of Steel was INCREDIBLE. I wept at its beauty.

Man of Steel was seriously too good for words. I'm struggling to find the words to tell you guys how insane it was

Man of Steel was a pretty cool movie, but I still have unanswered questions about that 3 Doors Down song.

On a side note, I completely forgot, @ManofSteelMovie was dope! The cast was amazing, the images incredible and the story finally refreshed.

Man of steel was ****ing awesome!!!!!!!

Saw #manofsteel early 4 walmart preview tickets & it was free... Wierrd my bro didnt like it .. He is just not a superman fan.. But i am!

Man of Steel was pretty great. However, Smallville is still better. #superman #clarkkent

Omg! #manofsteel was amazing. Kind of deviated from the Superman we knew growing up but still amazing!

Literally cannot believe how good Man of Steel wasAnd outside of some pacing issues, and the sometimes incoherent action, Man of Steel was groovy. Now I'm about to drink these dranks whaddup

Just got back from seeing #ManOfSteel and it was SPECTACULAR!! #SeeSteelFirst

Just saw #ManofSteel and I gotta say, it was pretty good. Pa Kent, Jor-El, and Faora really stood out to me. An 8/10.

#manofsteel was testing my love for my baby batman.

Private #seeitfirst screening for #ManofSteel was so sick. I won't ruin it for all of you but if you don't go see it then you're an idiot

Man of Steel: the personal struggle story is a bit uncooked, but the action set-pieces was epic! can't begin to imagine the property damage! <--- lol, SR's Lex can

@kavilan @fadzlie Man of Steel was mehhh for me. Amy Adams was not convincing as Lois Lane

#manofsteel was amazing! Perfect mix of back story, action, drama and romance.

#manofsteel was a great movie. And I'm not even a Superman fan like that really. Best superman movie to me.

Man of Steel was amazing. I cried. It's whatever. Seeing it again tomorrow.

Sixth_Winged
You sure you're not getting paid to do this Golgo? I mean we could search those quotes ya know.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
You sure you're not getting paid to do this Golgo? I mean we could search those quotes ya know.

I just copied and pasted from a box office forum. Easier than searching, yeah?

Sixth_Winged
.... i don't even know how to respond to that one....

golem370
I haven't seen it but Jean did disintegrated Cyclops hard to stop that.

Golgo13
.... i don't even know how to respond to that one....

This forum

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/7318-man-of-steel-june-14-2013-17m-od-record-in-the-philippines/page-1168

Golgo13
Originally posted by golem370
I haven't seen it but Jean did disintegrated Cyclops hard to stop that.

Did Jean get beat by physical means? I forgot.

golem370
She was stabbed by Wolverine because his healing factor was countering her disintgration.

Diesldude
Just check out the comments on the man of steel face book page.

Sixth_Winged
And in other critic site/social media page that is not so kryptonian-affiliated.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/superman_man_of_steel/

56% on the tomatometer

ps i'm not hating, in fact i got a ticket already booked and excited as ****.

Sixth_Winged
Will be excited to see michael shannon's rape face tomorrow

Golgo13
I'm not that excited anymore. Not because of the critics, though.

ODG
And in other critic site/social media page that is not so kryptonian-affiliated.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/superman_man_of_steel/

56% on the tomatometer

ps i'm not hating, in fact i got a ticket already booked and excited as ****. Jebus. Critics savaged it. On a side-note, this doesn't bode well for Thor 2.

Director wants it to run 2 1/2 hours for a suitably epic feel, similar to MoS. Marvel execs want it down to 2 hours. If MoS doesn't do well, it'll just give Marvel execs ammo to derail director's vision of the film.

Golgo13
Some of the main criticisms is that it has too much action and lack of character development. Many critics were borderline, but still gave it a rotten.

Sixth_Winged
Wasn't surprised really, i think the bar has been set waaay too high by the nolan batman movies that the critics can't help but pick movies like these apart.

That and the critics couldn't relate anyway.

JakeTheBank
Superman.

Yep.

Golgo13
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Superman.

Yep.

Did you see it? How did you like it?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Mr.SunKing
this comment just me smile.

I plan to see it tomorrow, but possibly wont due to a few circumstances what if zack wanted it to suck?

JakeTheBank
Did you see it? How did you like it?

I did see it a couple of hours ago thanks to the Wal-Mart early premier.

I enjoyed it. Better than Iron Man 3 and the The Dark Knight Rises, imo. I personally enjoyed it more so than the Dark Knight, but I also happen to think Begins is the best Batman movie.

But yeah, Superman's beyond these guys.

EDIT: Well, Xavier and Loki may actually be problems.

Golgo13
I did see it a couple of hours ago thanks to the Wal-Mart early premier.

I enjoyed it. Better than Iron Man 3 and the The Dark Knight Rises, imo. I personally enjoyed it more so than the Dark Knight, but I also happen to think Begins is the best Batman movie.

But yeah, Superman's beyond these guys.

EDIT: Well, Xavier and Loki may actually be problems.

How much of Loki's forces could Superman stop, IYO?

JakeTheBank
How much of Loki's forces could Superman stop, IYO?

The Chitauri?

He'd easily beat the utter shit out of the foot soldiers and probably just fly through the Leviathans with minimal trouble, if any. Perhaps a bunch of concentrated fire would drop him for a bit, but he's fast and was actively using said speed during the movie.

Physically, he's going to barrel through everyone here.

The only real shot for the team is telepathy, assuming they could perform a mind rape before Superman attacked them. There was a scene where they used Kryptonian tech to shift through his mind and Kal couldn't prevent it, though to be fair, he was in the atmosphere of Zod's ship, which was weakening him. So I guess it depends if you think his mental defenses would be strong enough to repel outside influence if he was fully powered.

Zack Fair
Do you think Superman has a chance? Definitely. Man of Steel Superman is on another level.

Zack Fair
The Chitauri?

He'd easily beat the utter shit out of the foot soldiers and probably just fly through the Leviathans with minimal trouble, if any. Perhaps a bunch of concentrated fire would drop him for a bit, but he's fast and was actively using said speed during the movie.

Physically, he's going to barrel through everyone here.

The only real shot for the team is telepathy, assuming they could perform a mind rape before Superman attacked them. There was a scene where they used Kryptonian tech to shift through his mind and Kal couldn't prevent it, though to be fair, he was in the atmosphere of Zod's ship, which was weakening him. So I guess it depends if you think his mental defenses would be strong enough to repel outside influence if he was fully powered. thumb up

Sixth_Winged
I don't think he'll figure out how Shaw's power work before he redirects it all to his face.

And if Absorbing man from eric bana hulk is here, he'd be overwhelmed.

Zack Fair
Shawn is tricky, but Superman's over all stats were off the charts. Seriously. Even when he was a child.

Golgo13
Shaw would probably just be tossed into the sun. lol

JakeTheBank
I'm hesitant applying a no limits fallacy to Shaw. The force Superman was able to exert is above what he took in the movie. I guess the argument is that Shaw was absorbing a nuclear reactor and planned to unleash that energy so his upper limits are pretty high.

Though, to be fair, Superman was definitely tossing people around ala "BFR"ing. I can see Superman being smart enough to realize "Hey, when I punch this guy, he absorbs the force and hits me back" to just throw him aside.

Zack Fair
Yep.

I don't want to fanboy/hype too much but the Avengers invasion seems like child's played compared to krypton's attack.

abhilegend
What's his best feat in the movie?

JakeTheBank
Yep.

I don't want to fanboy/hype too much but the Avengers invasion seems like child's played compared to krypton's attack.

You wouldn't be, tbh, and I loved the Avengers.

Loki/Chitauri forces certainly had the numbers game, but the sheer destruction that a single Kryptonian was causing was ridiculous, to say nothing of their ship and World Engine. The Avengers would be extremely hard pressed to stop Zod and co., whereas Superman, would have little issues catchng a nuke and tossing it into a portal. He'd probably need help closing said portal, though.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
What's his best feat in the movie?

Flying with enough force to escape the pull of the Phantom Zone projector, which was described as miniature singularity/black hole and flying through the intense gravity-beam of the World Engine, which was going to terraform the planet. Said beam coincided with the ship in Metropolis on the other side of the planet and each pulse basically destroyed the city bit by bit.

Zack Fair
Flying with enough force to escape the pull of the Phantom Zone projector, which was described as miniature singularity/black hole and flying through the intense gravity-beam of the World Engine, which was going to terraform the planet. Said beam coincided with the ship in Metropolis on the other side of the planet and each pulse basically destroyed the city bit by bit. And I if I am not mistakenhe was supposed to be getting weakened by the atmosphere

JakeTheBank
And I if I am not mistakenhe was supposed to be getting weakened by the atmosphere

thumb up

He was.

abhilegend
Flying with enough force to escape the pull of the Phantom Zone projector, which was described as miniature singularity/black hole and flying through the intense gravity-beam of the World Engine, which was going to terraform the planet. Said beam coincided with the ship in Metropolis on the other side of the planet and each pulse basically destroyed the city bit by bit.
****. I'm gonna love this movie.stick out tongue

Philosophía
no expression

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
****. I'm gonna love this movie.stick out tongue

lol, yeah, you'll like it, I'm sure. wink

He's a monster in the "feat" department compared to other comic book heroes, but the story is also really well done. I have a few gripes with the movie, but nothing major that took away from my overall enjoyment.

JakeTheBank

Philosophía
Have you seen it, yet? Not yet. Almost a week until I will.

Critics seem to hate it. Average moviegoers seem to love it. I know about the Snap part, hopefully that will be my only gripe with the movie.

JakeTheBank

Philosophía
I'm not sure why critics seem to hate it, tbh. And yeah, that part was the one thing plot wise I could have done without. The only other things with minor issues with some of the CGI. I understand the action is better than the one from the Avengers, which is impressive considering that's basically the main selling point of that movie . Is it a better movie?

To get back to the thread: how is the superspeed aspect handled?

Golgo13
I'm not sure why critics seem to hate it, tbh. And yeah, that part was the one thing plot wise I could have done without. The only other things with minor issues with some of the CGI.

Gotta say, even though it holds no relevance in this thread, Jor-El is phucking boss.

Like I said before, a lot of critics (from what I hear on BO forums) were split. They didn't necessarily hate it, but since they gave it an average review, it was turned into a rotten on RT.

abhilegend
lol, yeah, you'll like it, I'm sure. wink

He's a monster in the "feat" department compared to other comic book heroes, but the story is also really well done. I have a few gripes with the movie, but nothing major that took away from my overall enjoyment.
Yeah, I'm gonna enjoy it.

JakeTheBank

Raisen
saw it. man was I disappointed. based on what you guys were writing and the previews I thought this movie was really going to be something. it's SLIGHTLY better than Catwoman

Zack Fair
I'm not sure why critics seem to hate it, tbh. And yeah, that part was the one thing plot wise I could have done without. The only other things I could complain about would be minor issues with some of the CGI.

Gotta say, even though it holds no relevance in this thread, Jor-El is phucking boss. I remember joking around with my friends "Gladiator of Steel." my favorite performances were Russel Crowe's and Shanon's. There is one thing I thought they could have handled betterJohnatan Kent's death
Yeah, the action operates on bigger scope, definitely. As far as it being a better movie, that's kind of a subjective question (not trying to cop out as it's currently kinda difficult for me to put in the right words lol). I felt more...subdued watching it? With the Avengers, I was super pumped and had a lot of adrenaline and hype to enjoy. Man of Steel was deeper, took itself more seriously (not to say it's a downer movie or anything) and had a more majestic and awe-inspiring feel to it. I would say Man of Steel is a better movie in terms of substance and action, whereas Avengers was a better popcorn "fun" movie.

Outside of that certain part, it basically hits upon all the important aspects of the Superman character and mythos, imo, and packages it in a way that doesn't seem too cheesy or dated. I also personally liked the Lois and Clark/Superman dynamic and its fresh approach to it.

Superman definitely has superspeed and uses it, both in the form of bullrush charges (which are often supersonic+) and in the form of blitzing. He was actually a pretty capable and smart combatant.
QFT.

Superman was a very formidable combatant.

deathlife
Originally posted by Raisen
saw it. man was I disappointed. based on what you guys were writing and the previews I thought this movie was really going to be something. it's SLIGHTLY better than Catwoman

What did you find wrong with it?

celeyhyga17

Still gonna see it this weekend. It can't be worse than Green Lantern. That movie was godawful..

Sixth_Winged
catwoman wasn't a movie. It was shit caught in tape for the duration of 104 minutes.

Sh3nG L0nG
I just got back and really enjoyed. Catwoman? Wow, let's be serious here, not even close. I am down for the "lack" of character development. Superman returns already took care of that not long ago. Do we really need to sit through it again? I don't think so, I want to see Superman kick ass and he did. Bring on MOS 2.

quanchi112
Thor beats him. Hulk beats him. Surfer beats him. Etc.

quanchi112
saw it. man was I disappointed. based on what you guys were writing and the previews I thought this movie was really going to be something. it's SLIGHTLY better than Catwoman I agree. The two people I saw it with agreed with me. Repetitive action, lack of chemistry between the actors, and no buildup. I really felt this movie was subpar. The action was even hard to follow at some points like in Transformers 1. Nowhere near an Avengers or Batman flick IMO. I don't think I'll ever see it again.

Zack Fair
LOL@people taking Raisen's comment seriously

Rao Kal El
Superman wins.

I think the Silver Surfer could give him a good fight, if the ss keeps the board at all times

But he will certantly defeat All the Avengers at the same time.

I liked the movie, but honestly I like DKR, DK, BB and Avengers more.

I specially liked Zod, Faora and Non.

Anyway, superman wins.

Zack Fair
MoS Superman fought like how we imagine a CISless Superman would fight.

Zod and Faora were very impressive in their own right. I really liked Faora. In fact I'd go as far as saying that Kal was lucky she was a noob with her powers.

Rao Kal El
He just missed some ice breath and a little bit more of power multitasking, but I doubt people will be able to follow it.

One thing, is not that the movie was going too fast, is just that it is going at Superman's phase.

I will def watch it at least one more time or maybe two. So I can see more things now.

And yes Faora and Zod were the shit!

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
He just missed some ice breath and a little bit more of power multitasking, but I doubt people will be able to follow it.

One thing, is not that the movie was going too fast, is just that it is going at Superman's phase.

I will def watch it at least one more time or maybe two. So I can see more things now. thumb up The superspeed appeared to be so natural to the kryptonians.

ares834
Supes should easily beat the first round.

The second is a bit more questionable due to Xavier and SS.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ares834
Supes should easily beat the first round.

The second is a bit more questionable due to Xavier and SS. Xavier and Surfer will be a problem because Xavier can definitely mess with his mind and Surfer's intangibility will be annoying.

IMO he would slaughter them all in a first encounter. (assuming he is serious)

In a second encounter, supposing the entire team knows of Superman's capabalities, their best shot would be the powerhouses in the team to immediately go all out to hold Superman long enough for Xavier to begin his mindrape/mindfreeze stunt. And eventhough Superman showed mind ****ery can **** him up, he was not operating at full capacity during that instance. In fact just standing in the kryptonian atmosphere made him drop to his knees coughing blood)

deathlife
I haven't seen the movie but going by the trailers alone, Superman takes this...big time.

Raisen

TheGodKiller
Is this comic book Surfer or the one from the Fantastic Four movie?

Zack Fair
Movie.

Surfer might get a win via trapping Kal in his board. Then again he will probably just get punched off the board.

Estacado
Originally posted by quanchi112
I agree. The two people I saw it with agreed with me. Repetitive action, lack of chemistry between the actors, and no buildup. I really felt this movie was subpar. The action was even hard to follow at some points like in Transformers 1. Nowhere near an Avengers or Batman flick IMO. I don't think I'll ever see it again. Originally posted by Zack Fair
Quan is such a fail....facepalm

TheGodKiller
I really liked Faora. In fact I'd go as far as saying that Kal was lucky she was a noob with her powers.
So, what about the supposed f/m violence against Superman bordering on a comparison with the Doomsday fight, that was "discovered" in an alleged script leak many months back?

Zack Fair
I am not following you...what?

TheGodKiller
I am not following you...what?
Someone posted a supposed leak from an early pre-script a few months back on KMC forums. In that leak, the text graphically described how Faora beat the shit out of Superman, forcing him to run away like a coward, in their first encounter in MoS.

I am asking you, does something like that actually happen in the movie or not?

Zack Fair
Oh. No. That does not happen. She does show superior skill and somewhat schools him HTH(like she should...being genetically designed to be a soldier) But she never completely overwhelms him and she gets help from a towering masked kryptonian.

Sixth_Winged
Couldn't movie Surfer just go intangible.

Zack Fair
Yeah.

But how does that win him the fight?

I suppose he can stay intangible for the duration of the match to create a stalemate.

Sixth_Winged
Didn't say he'd win. He'd just stay intangible and troll superman. stick out tongue

Zack Fair
Carver. Convert to House Elism while you can.

I cannot wait to shout "Release the Carver" whenever infidels dare debate against Cavillman

gb2zIR2rvRQ

Golgo13
Originally posted by Estacado
Quan is such a fail....facepalm

As was expected.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I had fun and enjoyed the movie but it took itself too seriously and has real pacing issues. I think the writing could have been better. One thing that bothered me was Superman killing Zod. Wtf? F*ck that, and arguing he had no other choice is a bullshit excuse. He's Superman, he ALWAYS has a choice, that's why he is who he is. Also, the shit was just a bit too pretty, I know the Kryptonians are tough but they didn't really bleed etc. I wanted some more brutality and blood personally. The action felt emotionally shallow and detached after a while though.

If you liked Amazing Spider-man, Transformers 1 etc. you'll like this movie as well. Far from prefect but good action and fun. Don't go in expecting the Dark Knight and you'll get your money's worth. I think if they build on this, future Superman movies will be great.

As for this fight, Superman is more powerful then any single Avenger but all of them? Nah.

Zack Fair
Except yes, he would.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/03-shiv.gif

Golgo13
I'd wonder which Avenger will stop him? It's really only Thor + Hulk VS Superman. Everyone else gets destroyed.

Zack Fair
Rage is just in the denial phase.

It will sink in. Just give it time.

cdtm
Rage is just in the denial phase.

It will sink in. Just give it time.

laughing out loud

Superman could pretty much solo the Avengers alien invasion, with his power set.. Loki might be a problem, though. Magic.

Zack Fair
Loki is a problem because of intangibility. We don't know how magic affects Cavillman

Tony Stark
The Movie was EXCELLENT... Without question THE best DC movie ever made. That being said is this a serious thread? If it is Superman dies within minutes.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Tony Stark
The Movie was EXCELLENT... Without question THE best DC movie ever made. http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/510c32e8eab8eaf04c000003-960/kevin%20spacey.png
Originally posted by Tony Stark

That being said is this a serious thread? If it is Superman dies within minutes. http://www.gifcrap.com/g2data/albums/TV/Ron%20Swanson%20throws%20out%20his%20computer.gif

Edit You know what? Watching House of Cards makes me mad about Singer and whoever wrote the script for SR. Kevin Spicey is an excellent actor and he could have done an amazing Luthor if he was given something to work with instead of just having to play hackman playing campy 80s Luthor.

carver9
Carver. Convert to House Elism while you can.

I cannot wait to shout "Release the Carver" whenever infidels dare debate against Cavillman

gb2zIR2rvRQ

laughing out loud

Zack Fair
Seriously though will you see it? I am 100% confident that you will love it.

Supermex
I don't see why Thor couldn't of one man ganged the final fight in Avengers?

They held him back so we could get our moneys worth?

Think about it? Thor with all his versatility I'd think would of been able to solo it

carver9
Seriously though will you see it? I am 100% confident that you will love it.

Oh yeah, 100%. I loved Superman return, seen it at least 8 times. I tried to go see it last night but it was sold out and what I am seeing in this thread from you all, its making me want to see it even more.

JakeTheBank
I think people are arguing using comic book logic versus what the movies showed. Yeah, in a comic, Superman vs. Thor + Hulk and the others is horrific beatdown lying in wait for Kal. But the movies are something else. He'd beat the shit out of everyone.

juggerman
I think people are arguing using comic book logic versus what the movies showed. Yeah, in a comic, Superman vs. Thor + Hulk and the others is horrific beatdown lying in wait for Kal. But the movies are something else. He'd beat the shit out of everyone.

thumb up

JakeTheBank
And really, all the guys who love feats - not that there's anything wrong with that given the story is halfway decent - should hope Man of Steel does good if they want something akin to a Green Scar Hulk on the screen or Worldbreaker (lol) Thor.

Man of Steel's biggest strength is that they made Superman both as awe-like and powerful as he should be at the very least, but also made him human. Idiots out there think you can't have a good character unless he's tortured and dark or doesn't possess godlike power, which is the dumbest shit I've ever heard of, tbh.

Zack Fair
I think people are arguing using comic book logic versus what the movies showed. Yeah, in a comic, Superman vs. Thor + Hulk and the others is horrific beatdown lying in wait for Kal. But the movies are something else. He'd beat the shit out of everyone. thumb up

And really, all the guys who love feats - not that there's anything wrong with that given the story is halfway decent - should hope Man of Steel does good if they want something akin to a Green Scar Hulk on the screen or Worldbreaker (lol) Thor.

Man of Steel's biggest strength is that they made Superman both as awe-like and powerful as he should be at the very least, but also made him human. Idiots out there think you can't have a good character unless he's tortured and dark or doesn't possess godlike power, which is the dumbest shit I've ever heard of, tbh. thumb up

I want Thor to amp it up.

Supermex
Can comicbook Thor match of Supermans man of steal movie feats?

Golgo13
Originally posted by cdtm
laughing out loud

Superman could pretty much solo the Avengers alien invasion, with his power set.. Loki might be a problem, though. Magic.

Superman will pull a "Puny god" on Loki. Only faster.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Supermex
Can comicbook Thor match of Supermans man of steal movie feats? Of course.

Some of the feats Superman performed would be considered very good even for comic Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Of course.

Some of the feats Superman performed would be considered very good even for comic Thor.

Explain.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Explain. World Engine feat and his punches creating sonic booms. I wasn't talking high end feats, of course. Just feats that would be notable enough to be posted in a respect thread

Zack Fair
Superman will pull a "Puny god" on Loki. Only faster.

Funny enough he does something even better than "puny god" Minus the whole humor the scene had(which I don't really like much TBH. It cheapened Loki)

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Supermex
Can comicbook Thor match of Supermans man of steal movie feats?

Yeah. Minus like the obvious like x-ray vision and stuff.

Golgo13
Funny enough he does something even better than "puny god" Minus the whole humor the scene had(which I don't really like much TBH. It cheapened Loki)

I may be the minority, but I did not care for the actor who played Loki. He doesn't look sinister enough, IMO.

Zack Fair
IMO he played a convincing god of mischief and lies.

Perhaps they made Loki too relatable?

cdtm

Well, it's The Hulk. The guy basically cheapened or upstaged everyone, including Thor. Getting smashed by him is pretty much expected.

Captain America actually putting up a fight, and getting reactions from his blows, on the other hand....

Branlor Swift
I may be the minority, but I did not care for the actor who played Loki. He doesn't look sinister enough, IMO. He looks like a conniving piece of shit. Like Loki.

JakeTheBank
Hiddleston was probably the best comic book movie villain next to Heath's Joker. no expression

Branlor Swift
Hiddleston was probably the best comic book movie villain next to Heath's Joker. no expression He was just too Marvel for some people

Zack Fair
The only hit that Loki felt was the flying kick. He tanked everything else without flinching(unless the shield was involved but we all know how OP that shield is)

Zack Fair
Hiddleston was probably the best comic book movie villain next to Heath's Joker. no expression

thumb up

My favorite villains thus far are Shanon Zod, Heath Joker and Hiddleston Loki.

Golgo13
Tom Hardy, Bane? Great roll. Hiddleston was just ok.

Zack Fair
I felt Hidleston owned the role.

I wasn't that impressed by Hardy because I could barely understand what the **** he was saying. His eyes were a completely different story. Sometimes I wish he'd just shut up and let his eyes do the talking.

Golgo13
I heard him fine for the exceptions of a few lines here and there.

JakeTheBank
Hiddleston was just ok.

wat

Zack Fair
Lucky you.

English ain't my first language, so it was a little harder for me.

Golgo13
wat

You read it right.

Golgo13
Lucky you.

English ain't my first language, so it was a little harder for me.

What is your nationality?

Golgo13
The hardest lines for me was that long speech he did on top of that hummer or tank.

Zack Fair
Yeah. Spanish is our first language, and I've never moved to the US so I am not that used to hearing english. I mean...I can engage in conversation just fine, but some things are a little confusing and hard to catch. Especially people with heavy accents.

Golgo13
Ok, here is a question: Who has a better chance against Superman one on one? Hulk, Silver Surfer, or Thor?

Supermex
That wasnt Silver Surfer out there!
Jus some guy in silver..

Zack Fair
None of them want to brawl with Superman.

So Surfer. He has more options.

1. He is fine so long as he can remain intangible. He won't be harming Superman either so this will just be a stalemate.
2. He has a shot if he manages to absorb/trap Superman in his board. Though in all likelyhood he will simply get punched off the board before he can do anything and that will be GG.
3. He can do that suicidal move he used to kill Galactus. Don't know how effective that would be though.

Supermex
Ok, here is a question: Who has a better chance against Superman one on one? Hulk, Silver Surfer, or Thor?

Thor does..
Surfer was cheated in that FF garb of a movie..

Philosophía
Hiddleston was probably the best comic book movie villain next to Heath's Joker. no expression Eh, come on now. I agree he rises above the average villain in the Thor movie , but he was bland and flat as f*ck in Avengers.

Loki is essentially a glorified crybaby with inferiority complex. Obviously nobody touches Joker (either Heath of Jack). But he's no Bane or Ra's al Ghul either. And I'm not sticking just with Nolan/Batman villains, either - Magneto (Ian Mckellen's version was a villain, Fassbender's not yet fully so) is objectively a much more complex, fully realized character.

Loki is in the upper echalon of comic book villain - roughly around top 5-8, but he's no 'second after Ledger'.

Golgo13
Yeah, Ian Mckellen owns Hiddleston.

Zack Fair
Forgot all about Ian.

Lousy X-3 uhuh

Golgo13
Hugo Weaving as Red Skull is better as well.

Philosophía
Meh. He didn't do anything for me. And that's sad, because Hugo Weaving is the shit.

Golgo13
I thought Hugo was the only good thing about Captain America. And the most memorable.

Philosophía
He killed it in V for Vendetta , but yeah, he was not for me in Captain America. I'd put him at Green Goblin level, while Loki is more like Doctor Octopus' .

Golgo13
Oh, damn! I forgot about Alfred Molina as Doc Ock! He was awesome, IMO. And still one of my favorite Super hero movies. SM 2.

Branlor Swift
Ok, here is a question: Who has a better chance against Superman one on one? Hulk, Silver Surfer, or Thor? Considering Surfer is far and away the most powerful Marvel movie character, probably Thor.

Also, Phil's opinion is garbage.

CPT Space Bomb
Superman will pull a "Puny god" on Loki. Only faster. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I will give DC credit on one thing. Their movies are generally MUCH more accurate on their character's actual power levels. Marvel movies have ALWAYS depowered their movie versions so much it's ridiculous. Now, it works and the Marvel movies have PROBABLY gotten more critical acclaim due to this; but yah....

Movie Magneto, Movie Thor and Hulk are all WAAAAYYYYY Underpowered for instance..

Golgo13
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I will give DC credit on one thing. Their movies are generally MUCH more accurate on their character's actual power levels. Marvel movies have ALWAYS depowered their movie versions so much it's ridiculous. Now, it works and the Marvel movies have PROBABLY gotten more critical acclaim due to this; but yah....

Movie Magneto, Movie Thor and Hulk are all WAAAAYYYYY Underpowered for instance..

I have a feeling Marvel will amp up their game in the next Avengers movie.

Philosophía
Movie Magneto, Movie Thor and Hulk are all WAAAAYYYYY Underpowered for instance.. Underpowered compared to what?

NemeBro
A good superhero movie should not be based on how powerful the characters are, lol.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by NemeBro
A good superhero movie should not be based on how powerful the characters are, lol. Of course not. I think The Avengers was a great movie. I'm just saying, compared to their comic counterparts, Marvel movie characters are way underpowered.

Again, it works for the films because it doesn't ever get "Too" carried away. I don't see Marvel really "stepping it up" either....there is no need for them too. Their movies are on a roll.

As the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Philosophía
I'm just saying, compared to their comic counterparts, Marvel movie characters are way underpowered. Why do they need to be as powerful as their comic counterparts? As long as the spirit of the characters are kept, and the relative portrayals are in place , why would there even be a problem?

CPT Space Bomb

quanchi112
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Also, Phil's opinion is garbage. laughing out loud

psycho gundam
didn't surfer kill galactus in the movie?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by psycho gundam
didn't surfer kill galactus in the movie? He destroyed this:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UNyLh6Goo0c/TiOZyeK2urI/AAAAAAAAAYo/iPr6lmA2vs0/s1600/20071009001044%2521Galactus_Cloud.jpg

vince_slice
http://i49.tinypic.com/20793pe.gif

JakeTheBank
Yeah, I glossed over Surfer's Hail Mary Kamikaze Kamehameha.

Still, would that be considered "in character" for him? Obviously, he only did it once. And I don't think Surfer would resort to such a drastic attack on someone not named Galactus. And Kal would probably knock him off the board before it came to that.

Best bet is the mind rape, imo.

Branlor Swift
Yeah, Surfer's probably the most powerful character in any comic movieverse.

Shame F4 was so damned awesome.

Also, wasn't there special powers used to knock Surfer off his board? Considering the guy phased through his board and went upside down, I don't think it's as easy as simply knocking him off.

Plus he brought Sue back to life with a touch too. That's up there in feats.

Mr.SunKing
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
He destroyed this:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UNyLh6Goo0c/TiOZyeK2urI/AAAAAAAAAYo/iPr6lmA2vs0/s1600/20071009001044%2521Galactus_Cloud.jpg
this looks like a cyclone Storm created while being on KICK

abhilegend
Hiddleston wasn't as impressive in avengers as he was in Thor. I'll not put him in top 5 best villain in a superhero movie either.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>