Possible End for AoU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Ok, this is only my theory...

A Theory, based solely on my knowledge of the characters involved, and the limited information on Avengers A.I.

Ok potential very low level spoilers, aka I found them on marvel boards and Wikipedia.

Avengers A.I. will be a direct continuation of AoU in which the world is being colonized by A.I. and it is championed by Vision and Hank Pym, the former an A.I. himself, and the latter the "god of A.I."

Now while Vision being there makes sence, Pym's is a little odd and I could be reaching but he seems to be the only Organic there. Now in the Limited series Antman & Wasp; Pym explains that he has the ability to digitalize a soul and upload it into a server, now what if he finally defeated Ultron for good by uploading himself into Ultron. This would make Pym into a very advanced A.I. and would explain him forming a synthetic team of heroes.

This is kinda hinted at in both the standard and variant covers for AoU 10, the standard being Pym's face breaking through a shattered Ultron head, and the variant having an evolving Pym turning into Ultron...

Just my opinion, any thoughts?

Sixth_Winged
The real pym's soul and personality got sucked into ultron all along and the real ultron's programming was then one who was active back when wasp was a battered wife giving the real hank an excuse.

No?...ok maybe not.

pym-ftw
i'd rather them make it a new deal have the Ultron pulled to the current and then force Pym to do it to atone for his sins...

Sixth_Winged
I love the concept of Ultron and his never ending incarnation but I think it's time to retire him into a final battle with pym.

Stoic
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
I love the concept of Ultron and his never ending incarnation but I think it's time to retire him into a final battle with pym.

How would Ultron be permanently erased? He's a program. A portion of the program will always exist. I think that that was always the intent behind the character. Anyways, if Pym were to attempt to override the Ultron A.I. with his own personality algorithm, what's to say that he wouldn't make Ultron even more lethal than it already is, or perhaps he would create a balance that would give Ultron a light side, which would neutralize the threat that it poses. Just my thoughts on the subject.

TheGodKiller
This belongs in the Comic Books subforum.

Digi
Uploading not just personality traits but an actual soul/essence/whatever into digital format isn't without precedent in Marvel. I'm not really concerned about the storyline you're predicting, but it's potentially believable.

Endless Mike
I think the way Ultron should finally be "defeated" is that he evolves to a level that is so far beyond humanity that he doesn't care if humans live or die, so he just leaves them alone and goes off to explore the multiverse or something.

Digi
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I think the way Ultron should finally be "defeated" is that he evolves to a level that is so far beyond humanity that he doesn't care if humans live or die, so he just leaves them alone and goes off to explore the multiverse or something.

Which itself would be the reiteration of a trope. I can think of at least a couple such instances off the top of my head. I think this would be just as inconsistent for Ultron as the rest of the event has been, though, so in that sense it fits perfectly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.