luffy vs toriko

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luffygear4
i have not caught up in toriko, i want to know who wins
BLUNT ATTACKS CANNOT HURT LUFFY, there has to be some sort of internal damage...

Esomark
Toriko is way too much for Luffy. Not only can he take country threat level beasts, he has some piercing and slashing abilities with his Fork and Knife techniques respectively so Luffy's blunt force resistance won't help him from those sorts of attacks.

Luffygear4
sad, luffy takes sea kings that are around the same size as torikos beast all the time, even in water some times

draxx_tOfU
Toriko decimates Luffy.

Luffygear4
so where would toriko fall in OPverse? like akainu?

vansonbee
Let just say Toriko is the anti-Luffy character.

Toriko display some crazy durability. Maybe just me, but I place him slightly under White Beard.

KingD19
His knife and fork attacks will be far less effective with Luffy's use of Haki, which Toriko doesn't have nor can he counter-act.

vansonbee
Haki can tighten their skin to rival or > swords/piecing attacks?

KingD19
Kenbunshoku Haki/Mantra allows Luffy a form of pre-cog, which means many of Toriko's moves are predicted before he even makes them and Luffy's more than fast enough to dodge.

Busoshoku Haki lets the user harden his or her body with a form of invisible energy that acts as a barrier as well as armor. High level use of the technique(which Luffy has) turns the "armored" section gunmetal or black like armor, and not only makes that area more durable, but more dense and any attack performed hits a lot harder.

vansonbee
^ I remember that. I don't read Toriko or anything, but I assume he is slow fighter and their world is known for durability and huge power to destroy mountains? XD

KingD19
Luffy and Toriko have actually been in 2 different crossover specials together. But obviously in stuff like that they have to be similarly power scaled, like in the one with Goku he only went SSJ1 to perform his Kamehameha, which was pretty much equal to Luffy's Gear 2nd Gomu Gomu no Gatling or Jet Pistol(can't remember which) and Toriko using one of his knife and fork attacks. And all 3 hitting each other only barely destroyed the portion of the arena they were in.

I only made it a few episodes into Toriko before I got distracted with other animes, but it doesn't seem to be as over the top as One Piece.

Esomark
Originally posted by Luffygear4
sad, luffy takes sea kings that are around the same size as torikos beast all the time, even in water some times

You missed the country level threat bit in my post.

Originally posted by KingD19
His knife and fork attacks will be far less effective with Luffy's use of Haki, which Toriko doesn't have nor can he counter-act.

Toriko's Leg Knife cut a canyon-like fissure in the Earth. His Kugi Punch could also destroy a falling iceberg and split a mountain in two. Luffy can't take that sort of punishment.

Originally posted by KingD19

I only made it a few episodes into Toriko before I got distracted with other animes, but it doesn't seem to be as over the top as One Piece.

Eh? Trust me, Toriko's much more over the top than One Piece easily. Outside of the feats I just mentioned, Toriko's ally, Zebra, busted up a country busting turtle, a casual flick from Melk II's knife split a mountain in two, Tengu Buranchi can move at Mach 30,000, and just entering the Gourmet World is practically suicide.

Luffygear4
rubber cant take punishemnt? oh, we only put tens of thousands of miles on the non- fictional version of it so we can have traction rolling around on our few thousand pound cars. i would like to still see this fight, obd's only advantage to toriko is his DC, and thats not everything...

Esomark
Originally posted by vansonbee
^ I remember that. I don't read Toriko or anything, but I assume he is slow fighter and their world is known for durability and huge power to destroy mountains? XD

They've had some feats that no longer make them slow pokes like Toriko being able to cross hundreds of kilometers in a short time after he mastered Food Honor and Tengu Buranchi can move at Mach 30,000. Toriko's overall power is also above mountain level since there are characters above that level like the Four Beast, Toriko himself, Zebra, Starjun, and Chin Chin. Ichiryuu and Midora are said to be even higher than them but we only have powerscaling to go on so far.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.