Slade Wilson vs. Black Tarantula

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vanguard
New 52 Slade vs. current BT

Who you got?

Vanguard
For the record, imo, I tried to pick the person who had physical stats that were closest to Slades. That inspired the battle.

cdtm
BT destroyed Spider Man, and Slade's not really on Spidey's level, imo.

Sixth_Winged
Maybe slade can take shadowland bt. He seems very unimpressive and watered down compared to his spider-man busting days. Then again everybody jobbed on that stupid arc.

Before that arc, slade isnt even remotely close to BT's stats. Thats not factoring other powers like his eye beams, active healing, etc

Vanguard
Nth metal slade is in the tons clearly. His healing factor helps him survive hundred story falls. And even though the armor has it's ups and downs it still gives him greater strength and has shown to be bulletproof and very durable. Don't undersell Slade here.

And people also forget that he is one of the prep gods.

Vanguard
http://s21.postimg.org/ep7dk6ixf/DS_10_12.jpg

Vanguard
Here he is snatching a pilot out of the air with one arm after he ejected his seat.

http://s12.postimg.org/6avvwtfah/ds_04_017.jpg

People seem to have a problem with Slade beating people a little more powerful than he is on this board. Even if it's slightly more powerful. And the funny thing is. He does it all the time.

cdtm
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Maybe slade can take shadowland bt. He seems very unimpressive and watered down compared to his spider-man busting days. Then again everybody jobbed on that stupid arc.

Before that arc, slade isnt even remotely close to BT's stats. Thats not factoring other powers like his eye beams, active healing, etc

BT never did much, though. Even under Brubaker he didn't do too much, and when he did he was either ambushed, or completely outclassed (Master Izo mainly).

The few times Bru let him do his thing, he was still pretty insanely formidable, shrugging off getting riddled with bullets and walking around while on fire with seemingly no trouble..

Vanguard

you're overselling BT a little. With the "not including eye beams and shit. Slade carries grenades that put down Superboy.

cdtm
Originally posted by Vanguard
you're overselling BT a little. With the "not including eye beams and shit. Slade carries grenades that put down Superboy.

He's really not.

BT's speed is pretty high end. If not Spidey level, close enough to dodge bullets. His durability and regen let him tank a lot, from Spidey's punches, to bullets, explosions, being set on fire..

Also, there's no prep in this match, so his prep feats won't be of use. He's stuck with whatever his normal gear is.

Vanguard
Originally posted by cdtm
He's really not.

BT's speed is pretty high end. If not Spidey level, close enough to dodge bullets. His durability and regen let him tank a lot, from Spidey's punches, to bullets, explosions, being set on fire..

Also, there's no prep in this match, so his prep feats won't be of use. He's stuck with whatever his normal gear is.

He's a lot like Batman in that he's always carrying whatever gives him the edge he needs; and like I said before, with his ability to use an opponents strength against them in random encounters. Every fight with Slade even if it's a random encounter is like facing a prepped Slade. Giving him true prep is a guaranteed win.

pym-ftw
And people also forget that he is one of the prep gods.
Slade is better than most

He isn't a prep god

leonidas
prep god likely comes from his pwning of the avengers.....anyway, i agree with the doc--slade's better than most with prep, but he's not in the god tier. that's reserved for a precious few.

in a straight off the street meet for the first time battle, i can't really see slade winning too many. bt's durability is just too great. some of ds's feats against the early teen titans are pretty crazy though and get forgotten by many on the forum for some reason. each fight would be awesome to see, but in the end i'd give bt the good majority.

Vanguard
I know BT's good. Real good. But with people on the board having Slade lose to Wolverine and Cap and BT, it makes me say WTF. DC has him touted as the worlds greatest mercenary/assassin. That has to count for something. And with the recent enhancements, he's at least Wolverines equal.

SamZED
I vote for Slade. He has the equipment to put BT down.

Sixth_Winged
I know BT's good. Real good. But with people on the board having Slade lose to Wolverine and Cap and BT, it makes me say WTF. DC has him touted as the worlds greatest mercenary/assassin. That has to count for something. And with the recent enhancements, he's at least Wolverines equal.

Titles like that mean almost nothing depending on the enemy (if its a bad matchup), situtation and setting. It just so happens that a bt is a bad match up for him in all areas save gear and strategem.

Vanguard
Titles like that mean almost nothing depending on the enemy (if its a bad matchup), situtation and setting. It just so happens that a bt is a bad match up for him in all areas save gear and strategem.

I disagree, especially when we're talking about someone with a great arsenal and superior strategy. Nobody believes in brains over brawn anymore. How do you think Ali beat Foreman, how David beat Goliath, how Mayweather beat a younger Ricky Hatton who could leg press 400 pounds.

cdtm

Well, trying to get any kind of consensus against Wolverine and Cap is a losing proposition anyways.. There's posters who seriously argue they could beat Thor in straight up melee, or that taking down Hulk isn't PIS...

Which isn't to say all Cap/Wolverine supporters are fanboys. They are near top of the food chain, and have a large history to draw from..

Personally, I think Slade has very good odds against either of them, but that's me.. I also happen to think Spidey should take them easily (As well as Slade), and many would disagree with me there.

Sixth_Winged
I disagree, especially when we're talking about someone with a great arsenal and superior strategy. Nobody believes in brains over brawn anymore. How do you think Ali beat Foreman, how David beat Goliath, how Mayweather beat a younger Ricky Hatton who could leg press 400 pounds.

Those examples you just brought up are irrelevant as they are real people with not so vast physical stat differences compare to fictional characters (save david and goliath part which I don't think is even scientifically/historically 100% credible ...pls don't bring up religion).

new 52 slade might have a great armor, weapons and great strategic mind but that's all he has going for him on this match. Black Tarantula on bios alone is a 25-30 tonner and spider-man has commented on a possible speed advantage bt has over him, same spider-man who is a bonafied bullet dodger. On their encounter, he beat spider-man and took his mask. Couple that rigorous training since youth from the previous black tarantula and you got someone with skills to match up their brawn.

cdtm
Those examples you just brought up are irrelevant as they are real people with not so vast physical stat differences compare to fictional characters (save david and goliath part which I don't think is even scientifically/historically 100% credible ...pls don't bring up religion).

new 52 slade might have a great armor, weapons and great strategic mind but that's all he has going for him on this match. Black Tarantula on bios alone is a 25-30 tonner and spider-man has commented on a possible speed advantage bt has over him, same spider-man who is a bonafied bullet dodger. On their encounter, he beat spider-man and took his mask. Couple that rigorous training since youth from the previous black tarantula and you got someone with skills to match up their brawn.

Yeah, he's a total monster.

BT should chew up and spit out Slade.

Vanguard

Don't talk to me like you're a mod. I don't ever really try to bring up religion in any conversation. And that includes conversations off the internet. In real life.

Second. We still aren't sure how strong the Nth metal makes Slade. Slade doesn't know himself. But he's been shown to trade punches with class 30 bricks. So I don't see BT having a huge advantage here. Plus you've already mentioned three advantages Slade has over BT.

Sixth_Winged
Don't talk to me like you're a mod. I don't ever really try to bring up religion in any conversation. And that includes conversations off the internet. In real life.

Second. We still aren't sure how strong the Nth metal makes Slade. Slade doesn't know himself. But he's been shown to trade punches with class 30 bricks. So I don't see BT having a huge advantage here. Plus you've already mentioned three advantages Slade has over BT.

Maybe you should consult with a mod what acting like a mod in post looks like.

So your basing this strength gain on undefineable range and think trading punches = actually having similar striking power with said people in the 30 tonner brick? Or somehow make slade equal or close to that 30 tonner character?

Good job, well no, not really.

iscaremonkeys
BT
He has a powerful healing factor on par with the likes of Wolverine or Deadpool that, combined with his superhuman durability, make him extremely difficult to seriously injure

Vanguard
Maybe you should consult with a mod what acting like a mod in post looks like.

So your basing this strength gain on undefineable range and think trading punches = actually having similar striking power with said people in the 30 tonner brick? Or somehow make slade equal or close to that 30 tonner character?

Good job, well no, not really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nth_metal

Educate yourself on nth metal. Nobody knows all that it can do. All that is known is that it's very powerful. That's my point.

Sixth_Winged
Educate myself.. haha wtf is this shit? You think ill learn something from a source anyone including myself can edit?

Educate yourself in speculations =/= not fact to help support your argument.

Vanguard
Educate myself.. haha wtf is this shit? You think ill learn something from a source anyone including myself can edit?

Educate yourself in speculations =/= not fact to help support your argument.

I'll bet you still learned something from reading it. All the info provided was accurate. Nth metal works differently for different people. Bottom line is it's still being explored. And from the looks of things; it appears that it's going to turn out to be an element that's more powerful than suspected.

Sixth_Winged
Nothing to see here folks. Just some newbie with no idea what how we define accurate evidence.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.