Superman(Man of Steel) runs the Marvel gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
Superman failed to defend Earth against Zod's army. He has been put on kryptonian atmosphere and continuously tortured via mind rape until his will breaks. Zod turns Kal-El into a ruthless killing machine like Faora and the rest of Zod's henchmen. Kal-El has essentially kneel ed before Zod. General Zod discovers an alternate Earth: Marvel. This happened because of the wormhole at the end of Avengers and the black hole singularity that took place on Metropolis being one and the same. Zod wishes to terraform this alternate Earth and sends the Man of Steel to herald Marvel's doom.

Kal-El is eventually confronted by Earth's mightiest heroes. How far can he get?

1. Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Kitty Pride, Angel, Beast, Juggernaut, Creed, Toad and regular Jean Grey
2. Spider-Men(Tobey and Garfield) Dr. Octopus, Green Goblin, Harry Osborn GG, Sandman, Venom and Lizard.
3. Johny Storm, Reed Richards, Sue Storm & Thing
4. Iron Man
5. Hulk
6. Charles Xavier
7. Thor
8. Silver Surfer

Round 1: Superman does not get to rest and heal between rounds.
Round 2. Superman gets rest and fully healed between rounds.

Marvel Earth has no prior knowledge of Kal-El until he makes his presence and motives known.

Will Marvel Earth kneel before General Zod?

Edit Had a hard time trying to get a full gauntlet and getting the order right, so please try to keep the "LOL order is all ****ed up you stupid ****!" to a minimum.

Odekahn
Round 1, makes it to 8.
Round 2, clears it.

JBL
Is this the movie versions of Marvel or the comic versions?

Zack Fair
Movie versions.

pym-ftw
Stops at Surfer both times

ares834
Agreed.

JBL
Stops at 8 in both.

playa1258
Agreed he stops at 8.

quanchi112
Stops at 1. Wrong forum too

Golgo13
Originally posted by playa1258
Agreed he stops at 8.

guy222
Stops at 1

playa1258
None of those X-weaklings have a shot.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wouldn't Charles just shut him down with telepathy? If we assume he's immune to this (He isn't), then he either stops at 5 or 8 (Doesn't really have any chance against Surfer, no one but Reeves does in comic book movies).

Nam-Ek was pretty much a white, poor mans Hulk and Clark had his hands full with him. The guy wasn't even using super speed but leaping just like him IIRC.

ares834
How the hell is Hulk going to even touch him?

carver9
You should have added Neo and Hancock to the list.

deathlife
It seems that Cavill-El isn't as powerful as previous Superman incarnations.

CPT Space Bomb
He doesn't make it past Charles imo. He utterly destroys the rest of the movie X-men though. Also, we need to see more of Movie Hulk to better gauge his power...he was pretty unstoppable in The Avengers..but had very little screen time.

quanchi112
Originally posted by guy222
Stops at 1 thumb up

-Pr-
Guys, try to keep these in the Movie Vs, please.

Zack Fair
Yeah. I was on a hype train and wanted discussions in both forums since some people just focus in 1.

keiththegreat
Movie professor x wouldn't have time to think "oh sh**" before superman ended him.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Yeah. I was on a hype train and wanted discussions in both forums since some people just focus in 1.

Np.

As for the thread, he makes it to at least 5.

juggerman
Bloodlusted Clark clears

The Silent Hero
He loses at Xavier, he's shown no ability to block mental attacks.

BruceSkywalker
Sorry Kal , but stops at Prof X

carver9
Just seen the movie...Superman kills them...DESTROYS everyone here.

FrothByte
Superman is fast but not as fast as the speed of thought. He stops at Prof. X

Zack Fair
Superman can always just throw a bus at Xavier from another city lol.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Superman can always just throw a bus at Xavier from another city lol.

Nah, too many things might get in the way of the bus. His best bet is to fly out of range and blindside Prof. X with heat vision from a hundred miles away.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by ares834
How the hell is Hulk going to even touch him?

MOS Supes style of fighting wasn't exactly being untouchable. He was basically just flying into his opponents. And I don't remember anything close to 100 punches per second either.

MOS was fast, but not Smallville fast. Well not yet anyway.

Zack Fair
Hulk gets owned something fierce. Superman spent the entire movie fighting 3 Hulks with super speed.

You marvelites in denial. In time you will join us in the sun.

vince_slice
Maybe stops at Xavier. Probably stops at Surfer. If Superman flies into Surfer (a common tactic he used in the movie) he'll end up getting absorbed into the board.

FrothByte
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
MOS Supes style of fighting wasn't exactly being untouchable. He was basically just flying into his opponents. And I don't remember anything close to 100 punches per second either.

MOS was fast, but not Smallville fast. Well not yet anyway.

This is a point I've been trying to make in a couple of threads (which no one has addressed yet).

The kryptonian's speed seemed more like mobile speed, like running from point A to point B or flying from here to there. In that they are extremely fast. But everytime they deliver a punch, they slow down to a more normal speed. Or at least they seem like very fast athletes throwing punches. You don't see blurring punches and you don't see them evading/dodging bullets or punches in a blur either (like how matrix agents do).

Though despite that, I still don't think Hulk will have an easy time hitting Superman. I mean, Hulk couldn't hit Thor unless it was a cheap shot or when Thor was off his feat. But Thor should be able to get hits in on Superman, at least if both fight in the same manner that they fought in the movies. Thor still gets beaten up though in 1 on 1.

DARTH POWER
thumb up

jinXed by JaNx
supes knocks everyone in space and wins. He knocks surfer off his board and goes surfing as he strangles him to death.

Not to be cliche and silly but really, what stops him from doing this? The only character in Marvel that seems to be faster than what Superman displayed to be capable of in, MOS is nightcrawler. all joking aside, the only one i see giving him trouble is the, Hulk and not because i think Hulk is stronger but because of his endurance. I didn't see anything in the Marvel movies that suggests the Hulks physical capabilities would give Superman any trouble here. Sooner or later Supes just has to fly him into space. As for Silver surfer, Although he should be the most powerful character on this list his movie counterpart was pathetic. All Superman needs to do is knock him off his board.

NemeBro
Originally posted by FrothByte
Superman is fast but not as fast as the speed of thought. He stops at Prof. X He is considerably faster than the speed of thought.

The speed of thought is slower than mach 1.

jinXed by JaNx
What suggests that Prof X would pose any threat to Superman, anyway? There is nothing to base Supermans mental weakness to telepaths. At most i could see Prof X distracting Superman, but i really don't see what that is going to do in the end.

vince_slice
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
He knocks surfer off his board and goes surfing as he strangles him to death.

As for Silver surfer, Although he should be the most powerful character on this list his movie counterpart was pathetic. All Superman needs to do is knock him off his board.

That's not how Surfer's powers work. Physically knocking him off his board doesn't depower him. Reed and Doom had to prep to build a device that severed Surfer's connection and power over his board.

Plus Surfer can phase through Superman's attacks.

Odekahn
This is a point I've been trying to make in a couple of threads (which no one has addressed yet).

The kryptonian's speed seemed more like mobile speed, like running from point A to point B or flying from here to there. In that they are extremely fast. But everytime they deliver a punch, they slow down to a more normal speed. Or at least they seem like very fast athletes throwing punches. You don't see blurring punches and you don't see them evading/dodging bullets or punches in a blur either (like how matrix agents do).

Though despite that, I still don't think Hulk will have an easy time hitting Superman. I mean, Hulk couldn't hit Thor unless it was a cheap shot or when Thor was off his feat. But Thor should be able to get hits in on Superman, at least if both fight in the same manner that they fought in the movies. Thor still gets beaten up though in 1 on 1.

What movie were you watching?? They delivered lots of super speeded attacks. And Superman dodged bullets flying at him.

Odekahn
What suggests that Prof X would pose any threat to Superman, anyway? There is nothing to base Supermans mental weakness to telepaths. At most i could see Prof X distracting Superman, but i really don't see what that is going to do in the end.

It depends on which professor x.

Patrick Stewert gets owned hard.

FrothByte

What suggests that supes is immune to telepathic attacks? Last I checked there was no mention of him having super mind powers.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Odekahn
What movie were you watching?? They delivered lots of super speeded attacks. And Superman dodged bullets flying at him.

I think I do need to (and want to) watch it again.

But IIRC he wasn't invisible or untouchable with his speed.

Faroa'a henchman didn't display super speed IIRC, and he was going toe to toe with Supes. Yes Supes ultimately was battering him, but he wasn't untouchable to him, and he got his licks on Supes too.

I can see Thor and Hulk being a similar threat level team to Faora and her Hulk type henchman.

So yeah with full rest MOS Supes clears most of this gauntlet, but stops at 8(and not sure about Prof X).

But with no rest he starts having trouble at 5.

carver9
Superman fought a Hulk like person in the movie, the big guy and he was working Superman. I think Superman fight will probably go like that against the Hulk I guess but in the end, I think he could win.

Estacado
Originally posted by carver9
Superman fought a Hulk like person in the movie, the big guy and he was working Superman. I think Superman fight will probably go like that against the Hulk I guess but in the end, I think he could win.
It was 2 on 1 when he got 1 on 1 with the big guy he whooped him....not to mention that he was kryptonian with same reflexes and speed as Clark....Hulk doesnt have any of that..

DARTH POWER
Did he display super speed? He might not have had access to it yet. If so then there's no guarantee he had the super reflexes working yet either.

IIRC Hulk showed displayed similar/superior speed to that Krytonian Hulkster.

But yeah one on one a rested MOS Supes works Hulk.

carver9
Originally posted by Estacado
It was 2 on 1 when he got 1 on 1 with the big guy he whooped him....not to mention that he was kryptonian with same reflexes and speed as Clark....Hulk doesnt have any of that..

Show me those reflexes.

Mindset
What suggests that supes is immune to telepathic attacks? Last I checked there was no mention of him having super mind powers. He isn't immune, in the movie it showed he was susceptible to it.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Mindset
He isn't immune, in the movie it showed he was susceptible to it.

Exactly. Which is why I find it laughable how some people can claim that Superman is by default immune to telepathic attacks.

Zack Fair
In Kal's defense he was unconscious when they started the mind fvckery.

Having said that telepathic attacks would work on him. Nothing suggests the contrary.

honguqia
Action speaks louder than words.http://hornt.computerxray.com/01.jpg
http://hornt.computerxray.com/02.jpg
http://hornt.computerxray.com/03.jpg
http://hornt.computerxray.com/04.jpg
http://hornt.computerxray.com/05.jpghttp://hornt.computerxray.com/06.jpg
http://hornt.computerxray.com/07.jpg

NemeBro
Exactly. Which is why I find it laughable how some people can claim that Superman is by default immune to telepathic attacks. I never claimed as such.

However, he is fast enough to take Xavier's head off his shoulders before he can process the thought.

FrothByte
Originally posted by NemeBro
I never claimed as such.

However, he is fast enough to take Xavier's head off his shoulders before he can process the thought.

Superman needs to "think" before he can act. He needs to think of "taking Prof. X's head off" before he actually moves. Therefore, Superman is still just as fast as his thoughts, which is plenty fast enough because thoughts are near instantaneous and Superman has the speed to clobber you in that time.

So Prof should be able to telepathically attack him before he gets to hit Prof. The only difference is, there's a chance Kal-el can recover from a telepathic attack or resist it even just a split second, just enough to hit Prof. But X isn't going to be able to recover or resist a punch from Superman.

Meh, I guess it would depend on how far apart they start from each other.

vince_slice
I think one of the main themes in the MOS movie was that despite the fact that Clark was nearly invulnerable and god-like physically, he was still vulnerable psychologically like normal humans.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by NemeBro

Thats assuming they are stood right in front of each other when the fight begins. Charles's telepathy has a fairly large range even without Cerebro.

juggerman
Xavier had trouble pin pointing Nightcrawler with Cerbero amping him. I think he'd have trouble with Kal's speed for sure

Zack Fair
Bloodlusted Superman gives Professor X a lobotomy via telescopic, x-ray, heat vision combo.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by juggerman
Xavier had trouble pin pointing Nightcrawler with Cerbero amping him. I think he'd have trouble with Kal's speed for sure

Only because he didn't want to kill Nightcrawler. He made that clear to Wolverine.

BlackZero30x
I think I do need to (and want to) watch it again.

Faroa'a henchman didn't display super speed IIRC, and he was going toe to toe with Supes. Yes Supes ultimately was battering him, but he wasn't untouchable to him, and he got his licks on Supes too.

I can see Thor and Hulk being a similar threat level team to Faora and her Hulk type henchman.

So yeah with full rest MOS Supes clears most of this gauntlet, but stops at 8(and not sure about Prof X).

But with no rest he starts having trouble at 5.

I have yet to see the movie but I did want to say one thing. Unless the scene was deleted there is a part in one of the trailers where Sups moves out of the way of what looks to be heavy artillery gun fire. I would say his reaction time shouldn't be in question lol.....but as I said I have not actually seen the movie. Once I do (hopefully I can go tomorrow. Its going to be the $4 Tues special) I will actually weigh in on some of this lol

EDIT: -

Zack Fair
Superman had incredible stamina in the movie.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I have yet to see the movie but I did want to say one thing. Unless the scene was deleted there is a part in one of the trailers where Sups moves out of the way of what looks to be heavy artillery gun fire. I would say his reaction time shouldn't be in question lol.....but as I said I have not actually seen the movie. Once I do (hopefully I can go tomorrow. Its going to be the $4 Tues special) I will actually weigh in on some of this lol

EDIT: -

I didn't say Supes doesn't have fast reaction time.

BlackZero30x
I didn't say Supes doesn't have fast reaction time.

Ooh right. I apologize It was Frostbyte who said that it seemed that supermans speed seemed to be mobile speed.

As I read through the topic I saw what frostbite had said about supermans speed and saw Odekahns reply to him. On the next page I saw you responded to that and without thinking I quoted you and had mistaken you for the one who had said the whole speed being mobile comment lol

anyways where you said this......

.....had also kind of threw me off as it would seem to support such a claim.

FrothByte
Ooh right. I apologize It was Frostbyte who said that it seemed that supermans speed seemed to be mobile speed.

As I read through the topic I saw what frostbite had said about supermans speed and saw Odekahns reply to him. On the next page I saw you responded to that and without thinking I quoted you and had mistaken you for the one who had said the whole speed being mobile comment lol

anyways where you said this......

.....had also kind of threw me off as it would seem to support such a claim.

Yes, that was me making the point about mobile speed. Like you pointed out in the trailer, Superman moved out of the way of artillery fire. He didn't duck and dodge around it like Matrix agents do. He just simply got out of the way. Take that as you will.

I'm not saying he doesn't have super speed, because he does have super speed. What I'm simply saying is that the only feats of superspeed we have from the movie is him running or flying or jumping really fast. We don't see him launch dozens of punches in a nano second, nor do we seem grab multiple bullets in the air or do lightning quick blocks or dodges.

BlackZero30x
Yes, that was me making the point about mobile speed. Like you pointed out in the trailer, Superman moved out of the way of artillery fire. He didn't duck and dodge around it like Matrix agents do. He just simply got out of the way. Take that as you will.

I'm not saying he doesn't have super speed, because he does have super speed. What I'm simply saying is that the only feats of superspeed we have from the movie is him running or flying or jumping really fast. We don't see him launch dozens of punches in a nano second, nor do we seem grab multiple bullets in the air or do lightning quick blocks or dodges.

I can see your point I just think its arguable is all. Like I said I haven't actually seen it so I really don't have much to say here but I feel from that quick clip that he could just jump out of the way like that when Hulk or Thor throws a punch. Granted he jumped into flight but I don't see why that would change the fact that he jumped out of the way in the first place.

FrothByte
I can see your point I just think its arguable is all. Like I said I haven't actually seen it so I really don't have much to say here but I feel from that quick clip that he could just jump out of the way like that when Hulk or Thor throws a punch. Granted he jumped into flight but I don't see why that would change the fact that he jumped out of the way in the first place.

I think the major difference (which I personally would also like to clarify which is why I'll be re-watching the film) is whether or not Superman's mind can keep up with his superspeed. To elaborate: Does Superman see everything else in slow motion when he goes into super speed? Or does his body simply move in super speed in whatever action he wanted to do.

The primary difference here is that if his mind is not able to keep up with his superspeed, he'll only be able to do simple actions in super speed, like what he has shown in the movie. Run a certain direction. Launch 1 or 2 punches. Fly at a certain angle at super speed. etc.

But if his mind and senses is also capable of super fast reaction times, then he can alter his movements in the middle of superspeed feats. THen he'll be able to do more complex movements. Like delivering super fast punch combinations. Or he'd see bullets in slow motion and he'll be able to easily evade and dodge around them (instead of just running away from them). Or he can type in a computer really fast.

The reason why this is important in this thread is because we're determining whether he can be hit or not. If his body is fast but his mind isn't, then he'll have more or less normal reaction times and that means it would be possible to hit him via normal attacks. Very difficult, but still possible. I mean, sure he's still so fast that you can't catch him, but if you get to attack him fast enough that his mind has no time to react then you can still hit him.

If however he sees everything in slow motion (like how he does in Smallville) then it would be nearly impossible to hit him.

Judging from the movie, it seems that the first theory is more likely.

BlackZero30x
I think the major difference (which I personally would also like to clarify which is why I'll be re-watching the film) is whether or not Superman's mind can keep up with his superspeed. To elaborate: Does Superman see everything else in slow motion when he goes into super speed? Or does his body simply move in super speed in whatever action he wanted to do.

The primary difference here is that if his mind is not able to keep up with his superspeed, he'll only be able to do simple actions in super speed, like what he has shown in the movie. Run a certain direction. Launch 1 or 2 punches. Fly at a certain angle at super speed. etc.

But if his mind and senses is also capable of super fast reaction times, then he can alter his movements in the middle of superspeed feats. THen he'll be able to do more complex movements. Like delivering super fast punch combinations. Or he'd see bullets in slow motion and he'll be able to easily evade and dodge around them (instead of just running away from them). Or he can type in a computer really fast.

The reason why this is important in this thread is because we're determining whether he can be hit or not. If his body is fast but his mind isn't, then he'll have more or less normal reaction times and that means it would be possible to hit him via normal attacks. Very difficult, but still possible. I mean, sure he's still so fast that you can't catch him, but if you get to attack him fast enough that his mind has no time to react then you can still hit him.

If however he sees everything in slow motion (like how he does in Smallville) then it would be nearly impossible to hit him.

Judging from the movie, it seems that the first theory is more likely.

Well I totally understand and I would like to say once more Im not really arguing because I haven't seen the movie but the clip I saw would make me think he had to have seen the bullets coming in order to move away from them because it looks like he moves just before they hit him. Although, you could be very right here as you have indeed seen the movie. Once I see it I will make an argument...one way or the other lol.

FrothByte
Well I totally understand and I would like to say once more Im not really arguing because I haven't seen the movie but the clip I saw would make me think he had to have seen the bullets coming in order to move away from them because it looks like he moves just before they hit him. Although, you could be very right here as you have indeed seen the movie. Once I see it I will make an argument...one way or the other lol.

Ok sounds good. At least you'll be able to watch the movie and know what to look for. When most of us watched the movie, we were just content to be wowed. lol.

So yeah, let us know if there are any scenes in MOS where the kryptonians perform complex maneuvers in super speed, like flurries of punches or something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.