Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
I was extremely surprised and flabbergasted to find nobody has made a thread of this movie especially since its a true life story of Jackie Robinson and Harrison Ford is in it.

I saw this movie last weekend and i want to see it again.everybody here should go see this movie.

I would post the trailer but it gives too much of the story away so i would reccomend not seeing the trailer till AFTER you see the movie.lol

I'm glad I didnt see the trailer.I would have known too much of the story and what was going to happen.

I knew Jackie Robinson was the first black to play in the major leages but I never knew he went through so much hell like he did when he got there as you'll see for yourself when you see the movie.

This i would say is easily Fords BEST performance ever and thats saying a lot for him. You hardly can recognize his voice when he talks as the owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.

I would say this is one of my top 10 favorite flicks of Fords easily and one of my top 30 favorite films off all time as well and thats saying a LOT!!!!!

Its too bad this movie isnt a huge blockbuster at the box office.It deserves to be.Very underrated there.It SHOULD be as huge a money maker as Titanic was.shame its not.

Mr Parker
totally amazing NOBODY has an interest in this movie.No wonder it did so bad at the box office.guess people dont care about history anymore.

Filmigos
I thought it was a wonderful movie! Very gripping story!

Mr Parker
about freaking time someone came on here and commented on it.I totally agree.

jinXed by JaNx
i dont know, i dont like baseball and i also dont like movies that want me to feel bad about being white

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Mr Parker
totally amazing NOBODY has an interest in this movie.No wonder it did so bad at the box office.guess people dont care about history anymore. It made over double its budget, despite being about baseball. You call that "bad"?

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It made over double its budget, despite being about baseball. You call that "bad"?

Not bad,its just this is such a great movie it should have been the kind of blockbuster Titanic was.should have stayed out for a long period of time like that movie did.

just look at the few replies to the thread,very few people have an interest in it like they SHOULD.

Filmigos
What I liked is how the movie showed that everyone was affected in the team. We only hear Jackies point of view.

Lord Lucien
Not bad,its just this is such a great movie it should have been the kind of blockbuster Titanic was.should have stayed out for a long period of time like that movie did.

just look at the few replies to the thread,very few people have an interest in it like they SHOULD. Why SHOULD they like it? Why SHOULD they like anything? Because YOU liked it?

marwash22
totally amazing NOBODY has an interest in this movie.No wonder it did so bad at the box office.guess people dont care about history anymore. I'm a baseball fan, and i already know the story of his life.

I don't like bio-pics (or movies based on true events, with few exceptions) in general because i have zero interest in seeing a movie where things get exaggerated and fabricated for dramatic effect.

jaden101

just look at the few replies to the thread,very few people have an interest in it like they SHOULD.

Very few movies based on American sports will get any traction at the box office outside the US which is a shame cos there's plenty of gems. Remember the Titans is one of my favourite films based on a US sport. I admit I probably won't watch this as I have zero interest in baseball.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Why SHOULD they like it? Why SHOULD they like anything? Because YOU liked it?

uh because its a movie based on a true story but more imporantly,like Titanic,is a major part of history and had a HUGE impact on the future of our country.guess being one of those good old movies where there is no murders,sex,or foul language is sadly,just too unexciting for movie goers these days such as yourself. roll eyes (sarcastic)

guess you missed what i said earlier on how people know all about how Robinson being the first black playet to play baseball and everything,but till they see the movie,they dont have a clue about tje kind of hell and cruelty he went through trying to break the racial barrier in sports back then. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
Originally posted by marwash22
I'm a baseball fan, and i already know the story of his life.

I don't like bio-pics (or movies based on true events, with few exceptions) in general because i have zero interest in seeing a movie where things get exaggerated and fabricated for dramatic effect.

yeah but like I said,till you see the movie,you dont understand the kind of cruelty and hell he REALLY went through back then.i guarantee the kids growing up today dont have a clue about the hell he went through.I never did,they dont talk about that kind of stuff in sports pages when discussing the history of baseball.you dont think there were a lot of racial rednecks who didnt try and rile him back then like displayed in the movie? get a clue. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Filmigos
What I liked is how the movie showed that everyone was affected in the team. We only hear Jackies point of view.

yeah that was pretty cool.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
i dont know, i dont like baseball and i also dont like movies that want me to feel bad about being white

thats okay.you should still see it anyways.hey I hate the game of basketball.I think its easily the stupiest game ever invented in the world.boring as hell.But guess what? that didnt stop me from seeing the movie Hoosiers with Gene Hackman which is a game about basketball and features them playing the game throughout the movie.I STILL throughly enjoyed it despite that.I gave that movie a chance,you should with this one as well.you wont be sorry.

Mr Parker
uh because its a movie based on a true story but more imporantly,like Titanic,is a major part of history and had a HUGE impact on the future of our country.guess being one of those good old movies where there is no murders,sex,or foul language is sadly,just too unexciting for movie goers these days such as yourself. roll eyes (sarcastic)

guess you missed what i said earlier on how people know all about how Robinson being the first black playet to play baseball and everything,but till they see the movie,they dont have a clue about tje kind of hell and cruelty he went through trying to break the racial barrier in sports back then. roll eyes (sarcastic)

commenting further on this,matter of fact when I saw it,i heard an older man leaving saying-"they dont make them like that anymore."

He his the nail right on the head. rock thumb up Guess cause its a family type movie with none of that other stuff i mentioned,sadly,people dont want to go and see it.good old rare movies like thse one where the whole family can enjoy it,sadly turns off most americans these days.

sadly,the difference in the appeal of this movie,and Titanic being a huge hit like it was,is this movie didnt have any nudity in it. roll eyes (sarcastic) the world has changed all for the worst. If this movie had been made back in the 70's or so,it would have been a huge blockbuster.

Back then audiences didnt boycott good family type movies like they do now.

Its also really sad that a superhero COMIC movie like Thor,Superman,or spiderman,when a thread on of those films is made,there are SEVERAL pages of posts talking about that movie.

Yet when a movie like this based on a TRUE LIFE STORY is created,the thread goes ignored which is also really sad that so many people worship superheo movies instead of a movie that they can learn an awful lot from and about a big part of their history. sad what society has become.

Mindset
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
i dont know, i dont like baseball and i also dont like movies that want me to feel bad about being white You should.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.