Darth Maul vs. Shaak Ti

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mizukage Yoda
TFU incarnation of Shaak Ti
Location in the Saarlac pit

1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All out

Who takes each?

Intrepid37
What incarnation of Maul is this?

Nephthys
Shaak Ti in my opinion. Especially with the Saarlac on her side.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Intrepid37
What incarnation of Maul is this?

TCW

Intrepid37
Maul in all three.

Mizukage Yoda
Maul in all three.

Shaak Ti likely takes this without the Sarlaac.

Intrepid37
She gets stomped without the Sarlaac.

Mizukage Yoda
She gets stomped without the Sarlaac.

Not even close. Marek at this point is superior to Maul.

S_W_LeGenD
Didn't Shaak Ti fought Darth Vader in the Jedi Temple and left alive?

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

I'm pretty sure, yes.

Intrepid37
A post with an argument for Maul will come in some hours.

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/547a445c-b25e-4f9d-8fa3-bc9e5e7776ac_zps43d1f31f.jpg

S_W_LeGenD
Oops! But Shaak Ti survived...Unless I am missing something...

Intrepid37
When was being forced to flee a feat?

As if Maul wouldn't survive an encounter with Anakin.

Mizukage Yoda

As if Maul wouldn't survive an encounter with Anakin.

Considering his performance against Kenobi. No he wouldn't.

Q99

When pre-Armor Darth Vader tries to stop it and there's troops everywhere!

She engaged in an actual duel, and lasted long enough to realize she was outmatched and stun him with a force illusion and then fought her way free.

Also, she does well against Galen in sabers too.

Mizukage Yoda

Also, if someone managed to flee from a fight with Sidious after a duel with Clone Troopers on the way it would be considered a feat...oh wait...it is one ala Yoda.

Q99
Or if you find the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order interested in stopping you and you need to get away, doing so successfully is a feat of some note (Dooku vs Yoda, AotC).

Mizukage Yoda
*brofist

Intrepid37
Accolades and skill?

http://i40.tinypic.com/30tnepu.png

-Episode I Visual Dictionary

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Maul/Maulisoneofthemosttrainedsithever_zps72bc0bb0.png

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Maul/Maul-anunstoppableweapon_zpsae66f1b3.png

-Ultimate Visual Guide

http://i42.tinypic.com/2q9m92p.jpg

In many ways Darth Maul was an exemplary acolyte. His loyalty was unquestionable and unshakable; Sidious knew that, if he were to command it, Maul would sacrifice his life without a second's hesitation. And his skills as a warrior were nonpareil.

-Shadow hunter

Maul is a master of Juyo/Form VII which requires him to have mastered multiple forms:

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Maul/FormVII_zpsde8f194c.png

-Fightsaber

He was trained to the very limits in his training:

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Maul/Maulsuffered_zps048db686.png

-Ultimate Visual Guide

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Maul/Maulisaproductofphysicaltraining_zps3dd93346.png

-Fightsaber

Plagueis watched as droid after droid was impaled on the opposing crimson blades. "It strikes me as unnecessary, but I won't deny his mastery of the Jar'Kai technique."

-Darth Plagueis

Strength? How about shattering a door inward?

Darth Maul pulled his double lightsaber from his belt and held his thumb upon the ignition button. He took a deep breath and centered himself in the swirls and eddies of the dark side. Then, his power and concentration thus augmented, he thrust forward his free hand as though hurling an invisible ball.

The door shattered inward.

-Shadow Hunter

Speed? How about moving five times as fast as a regular human, lunging thousands of times in a short span of time, moving in an eyeblink and so on?

Maul angled to the middle of the narrow avenue. His speeder bike was parked not far away; he could activate the slave circuit by remote control and have it here within a few minutes at most. But there was an even quicker way to overtake them. He called upon the Force, moving easily five times faster than a human could travel at a dead run. There was no way they could escape him now.

-Shadow Hunter

But they did not prevent her from deflecting his strikes as he again moved within range, his twin blades spinning so fast they seemed to merge into a crimson shield.

-Shadow Hunter

When I complete my basic exercises, I power up my double-bladed lightsaber and practice maneuvers. My body is as strong as durasteel and as fluid as water. I shift from one position of attack to another. I fall on one knee and slash my lightsaber as I imagine cleaving my victim cleanly. I roll away and grip my lightsaber with both hands for a vertical sweep. I leap and twist and come down, leading with my left shoulder. I deliver a death blow and leap away, somersaulting in the air. I perform ten thousand slashes, lunges, attacks.

-Episode I Journal: Darth Maul

My lightsaber is no longer a separate weapon, but part of my arm. I move in the time it would take my opponent to blink. I move in the time he would take to raise his weapon. He would only see the space where I had been. He would feel the sudden shock of the blow that would knock him to the floor.

The other blow to the right follows a fraction of an instant later, so close that an observer would not be able to tell which blow came first. They would only see the armless droid wobble, its internal balance mechanism destroyed.

How about having the ability to kill five Tusken Raiders in an eyelash?

The howling intensifies. The Raiders shake their gaderffii and begin to surround me. There are just too many of them. I can take out four or five in the flicker of an eyelash, but that will just infuriate the rest.

They are no match for me. They chase me, shaking their gaderffii sticks, but they cannot catch me. I am a streak of darkness, faster than light.

Feats? Killing Qui-Gon Jinn, one of the most able swordsmen?

Qui-Gon Jinn was one of the most able swordsmen in the Jedi order. The Jedi Master he had trained under had considered him one of the best the Master had taught in his more than four hundred years in the order. Qui-Gon had fought in conflicts all across the galaxy in the span of his life and against odds so great that many others would not have stood a chance. He had survived battles that had tested his skill and resolve in every conceivable way.

Killing Anoon Bondara whose skills have said to be second to none?

At least she was not standing there alone. Behind her and slightly to one side was her mentor, Anoon Bondara. Master Bondara epitomized what Darsha hoped to become one day. The Twi'lek Jedi Master lived in the Force. Always still and complacent as a pool of unknown depth, he was nevertheless one of the best fighters in the order. His skill with a lightsaber was second to none. Darsha hoped that one day she might be able to exhibit a tenth of Anoon Bondara's adeptness.

-Shadow Hunter

A Twi'lek, with slender head-tails and a heavily muscled upper body, his name was Anoon Bondara, a duelist of unparalleled skill. Qui-Gon engaged him in matches at every opportunity. For a match with Bondara, no matter how brief, was more instructive than twenty contests against lesser opponents.

-Cloak of Deception

How about fighting evenly/beating CW Kenobi in the Season 5 Finale?

Telekinesis? How about dominating Kenobi numerous times, collapsing ceilings, pulling a shuttle or levitating a boulder?

On Ralltiir, at the site of what had only recently been the Bartokks' fortress, Darth Maul used the Force to lift a heavy boulder from a pile of rubble. Maul had used the Sith Infiltrator's sensors to scan the fortress ruins for any sign of C-3PX. The sensors penetrated deep below the collapsed floors and fallen walls, searching for any trace of metal that might belong to the golden assassin droid.

Now, Maul found himself sifting through the area of what had been a chamber near the fortress's dungeon. Maul did not watch the boulder as it levitated away through the air, and he ignored the loud thud, eight meters away, that sounded as he released the boulder from his power.

-The Fury of Darth Maul

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Considering his performance against Kenobi. No he wouldn't.

That's being a bit harsh on Maul. I could bring up Kenobi's perfomance against Ventress in "Nightsisters" which would also be harsh.

Looking at their one on ones I think it's safe to call Maul and Kenobi relative peers.

Nephthys
Shaak Ti still wins imo. Even before her exile she was one of the top Jedi in the Order and was even greater afterwards. See here, she takes on about 20 magnaguards at once and seems to have the upper hand:

JVRSPpRQyCM

I also enjoy her trick with Grievous' cape. Even Palpatine seemed impressed. cool

Intrepid37
She also took her time to kill a single Magnaguard.

Maul wins. He's far more trained, more skilled, faster, overall better in combat. Ti has absolutely nothing to measure up.

Nephthys
While fleeing in a tricky environment. When she got serious she was taking them down in single strikes, multiple ones in quick succession, duel wielding her lightsaber and an electrostaff.

Bullshit. Not only is she a match for him in lightsaber combat but she also has the Saarlac on her side and has a planetary-level Force feat and can block lightsabers with her hands. She severely pressed a far superior opponent than Maul and would kill the Zabrak in a fight.

Intrepid37
Originally posted by Nephthys
While fleeing in a tricky environment. When she got serious she was taking them down in single strikes, multiple ones in quick succession, duel wielding her lightsaber and an electrostaff.
Prove that the environment hindered her, and prove that she was more ''serious'' in the second fight.

Bullshit. Not only is she a match for him in lightsaber combat
She really isn't. She has no feats nor accolades to honor her as one.

but she also has the Saarlac on her side
This is the only factor that'll give Maul a hard time.

and has a planetary-level Force feat and can block lightsabers with her hands.
What? Maul's telekinetic showings eclipses Ti's by a big margin.

She severely pressed a far superior opponent than Maul and would kill the Zabrak in a fight.
Marek is a superior duelist to Maul?

laughing

Nephthys
Prove that the environment hindered her, and prove that she was more ''serious'' in the second fight.

Its a tight environment with dangerous trains to look out for. So she needs to constantly be aware of where the trains up and isn't free to move in any way she wants. We even see her get pressed up to a speeding train at one point.

She's more interested in running away than actually fighting. This is clearly obvious as she is fleeing throughout the fight. Even at the start of the second fight she's running. Its only after she loses her lightsaber that she stands her ground and actually fights them seriously. Coincidentally she then starts whooping their asses.

But no you're right, I'm sure the reason she did so much better in the second fight was just..... steroids? roll eyes (sarcastic)

She really isn't. She has no feats nor accolades to honor her as one.

Other than you know, being one of the best swordsmen in the Order????

This is the only factor that'll give Maul a hard time.

Agreed that it will give him a hard time.

What? Maul's telekinetic showings eclipses Ti's by a big margin.

As did Starkillers. And Mauls TK also eclipses Kenobi's, yet he still got handled by him.

Marek is a superior duelist to Maul?

laughing

I said 'opponent' not duelist. And Marek is at least equal to him, yes. His lightsaber skills are 'near perfect', he's stronger than Maul and he defeated Darth Vader after all.

Intrepid37
Its a tight environment with dangerous trains to look out for. So she needs to constantly be aware of where the trains up and isn't free to move in any way she wants. We even see her get pressed up to a speeding train at one point.
All of this should be applied to the Magnaguard too, then.

She's more interested in running away than actually fighting.
This doesn't mean that she didn't give everything she had.

Jinn has the exact same accolade: the same Jinn, whom with the help of his apprentice, was inferior to Maul by a good margin.

As did Starkillers.
Unlike Maul, I'm not aware of Starkiller using any force powers directly on his opponent (choke, push, wave etc).

And Mauls TK also eclipses Kenobi's, yet he still got handled by him.
lol

Kenobi has never shown to be Maul's superior. The fight in ''Revival'' was the result of circumstances and, for the matter, Maul specifically says in ''The Lawless'' that he ''never planned on killing him''.

And Marek is at least equal to him, yes.
messed

His lightsaber skills are 'near perfect',
Nice hyperbole.

he's stronger than Maul
In what sense?

and he defeated Darth Vader after all.
Maul was superior to Vader when they fought, and this was without knowing the style Vader used, an advantage that favored Starkiller.

KingD19
Wait. I'm confused as to how someone thinks Clone Wars Maul stacks up to Force Unleashed Shaak Ti. Especially since Force Unleashed has some of the most powerful and liberal use of the Force and feats in Star Wars media history. It's right up there with the original Clone Wars where Dooku could fly and Windu sent out a pressure wave flattening hundreds of Super Battle Droids with ease.

While on the other hand, Nu-Clone Wars is a lot more grounded. Fights are slower, the Force is a lot less powerful of an entity most of the time with the higher end feats being few and far between. Like Palpatine blasting Maul, or Anakin teaching the Son and Daughter a lesson, etc...

Maul had a decent amount of effort put into that fight against Pre Vizla.

SIDIOUS 66
And Mauls TK also eclipses Kenobi's, yet he still got handled by him.

Maul consistently ragdolled Kenobi with TK.

I said 'opponent' not duelist. And Marek is at least equal to him, yes. His lightsaber skills are 'near perfect', he's stronger than Maul and he defeated Darth Vader after all.

If I remember correctly, the novel implied that Marek didn't rival Vader in force power until after he recovered from his near death experience at the hands of Vader. It's been years since I've read the TFU novel, and I don't remember Marek's best force showing up to the point when he fought Shaak Ti, but looking through the comic, his best force feat before fighting Shaak Ti was throwing a tie fighter, which isn't anything beyond what Maul can do.

KingD19
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66

If I remember correctly, the novel implied that Marek didn't rival Vader in force power until after he recovered from his near death experience at the hands of Vader. It's been years since I've read the TFU novel, and I don't remember Marek's best force showing up to the point when he fought Shaak Ti, but looking through the comic, his best force feat was throwing a tie fighter, which isn't anything beyond what Maul can do.

Maul can chuck a TIE fighter? A TIE fighter that weighs at least 10-20 tons and 20 feet tall? No one in Clone Wars showed that kind of Force output that I can recall.

Nephthys

Nephthys
All of this should be applied to the Magnaguard too, then.

So? That wouldn't make it easier to defeat, just draw the fight out as they both have to fight carefully. Plus it is a machine.

This doesn't mean that she didn't give everything she had.

erm

Sure, because focusing on running away totally doesn't hinder your ability to fight.

Jinn has the exact same accolade: the same Jinn, whom with the help of his apprentice, was inferior to Maul by a good margin.

And that automatically makes her inferior to him? You said that she has no feats or accolades to indicate that she's a skilled swordsman, I reminded you that you're wrong.

Also recall that this was before she became much more powerful.

And that despite how l33t he is, he still had trouble against a non-Force sensitive in Vizla.

Unlike Maul, I'm not aware of Starkiller using any force powers directly on his opponent (choke, push, wave etc).

Yeah, because Maul uses the Force all the damn time and Starkiller never uses it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

He attacks her with the Force in their duel, however he needed to direct most of it against the Saarlac.

lol

Kenobi has never shown to be Maul's superior. The fight in ''Revival'' was the result of circumstances and, for the matter, Maul specifically says in ''The Lawless'' that he ''never planned on killing him''.

Why would he need to kill him to ragdoll him? If he's so much more powerful he should be able to wtf pwn him with the Force, shouldn't he?

And yes it is circumstantial. Maul doesn't have Savage Oppress here to fight with him like he did in that one. Clearly he was soooo disadvantaged though, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

messed

Seriously, Maul is nowhere near the hot shit you make him out to be. He's Clone Wars Kenobi level.

Nice hyperbole.

Prove that its an exaggeration. Even if it is, hyperbole doesn't equal nothing. Its still an immensely impressive description of his lightsaber sills.

In what sense?

Well in terms of Force Power (which as of Path of Destruction is a huge part of lightsaber combat) and in terms of physical strength. So, both. smile

Maul was superior to Vader when they fought, and this was without knowing the style Vader used, an advantage that favored Starkiller.

Prove that that was actually Maul. And then, as per canon Vader had diminished by the time that comic is set. The Vader Starkiller fought was superior to that version.

Also yeah, he's so damn superior that he lost, amiright? roll eyes (sarcastic)

DARTH POWER
Shaak Ti still wins imo. Even before her exile she was one of the top Jedi in the Order and was even greater afterwards. See here, she takes on about 20 magnaguards at once and seems to have the upper hand:

I'd personally say Maul taking on all of Black Sun's top dogs is more impressive. He killed seven of the Galaxy's most deadly assassins in seconds in one scene.

And Maul was one of the most highly trained Sith Apprentices ever.

As did Starkillers. And Mauls TK also eclipses Kenobi's, yet he still got handled by him.

Did he? Not Maul's best showing but as I remember he was the one standing at the end of it whilst Kenobi was knocked senseless.

Also I don't think Maul's TK "eclipses" Kenobi's. But I do agree it's better than Kenobi's.

And Marek is at least equal to him, yes. His lightsaber skills are 'near perfect', he's stronger than Maul and he defeated Darth Vader after all.

Maul's skills were not "near perfect". They pretty much were perfect looking at all the descriptions to his skills.

And Maul completely mastered Juyo. I don't remember any mention of Galen having "Mastered" Juyo. Just being proficient at it's use.

Intrepid37
So? That wouldn't make it easier to defeat, just draw the fight out as they both have to fight carefully. Plus it is a machine.
Point is, Ti was at no bigger disadvantage than the droid. Thus, she still had trouble with a single Magnaguard. thumb up

erm

Sure, because focusing on running away totally doesn't hinder your ability to fight.
Not really. Her mission was to protect with Chancellor. It's ridiculous to think that she wouldn't give everything she had in such an important mission.

And that automatically makes her inferior to him? You said that she has no feats or accolades to indicate that she's a skilled swordsman, I reminded you that you're wrong.
You're twisting my words. I never said she wasn't a skilled swordsman, I said that she has no accolades to prove a match for him.

Also recall that this was before she became much more powerful.
Prove it.

And that despite how l33t he is, he still had trouble against a non-Force sensitive in Vizla.
lol

It was combat of honor. Vizsla has already lost handily to Kenobi if I recall so.

Yeah, because Maul uses the Force all the damn time and Starkiller never uses it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

He attacks her with the Force in their duel, however he needed to direct most of it against the Saarlac.
He needed to? Prove it.

Why would he need to kill him to ragdoll him? If he's so much more powerful he should be able to wtf pwn him with the Force, shouldn't he?
What? He wtfpwned him twice in Revial alone: first he chokes him and throws him against the wall, in the end he hurls him so hard that the ceiling collapsed. If that's not a ragdolling I'm not sure what is.

And yes it is circumstantial. Maul doesn't have Savage Oppress here to fight with him like he did in that one. Clearly he was soooo disadvantaged though, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)
Are you actually serious? Why do you think that Kenobi has never beaten Maul in a duel? He has lost twice and stalemated him once.

Seriously, Maul is nowhere near the hot shit you make him out to be. He's Clone Wars Kenobi level.
He is. For a strict comparison, the difference between someone like he and Windu/Dooku in terms of technical skill is minimal. He's a ''high-end master of multiple forms'', his training consisted of intense physical training, one of the most highly trained Sith ever in history, he focused on developing his tactical abilities...

Prove that its an exaggeration. Even if it is, hyperbole doesn't equal nothing. Its still an immensely impressive description of his lightsaber sills.
Sure. Maul's skill are ''nonpareil''.

We can work out hyperboles all day, but it's not gonna help your case.

Well in terms of Force Power (which as of Path of Destruction is a huge part of lightsaber combat)
The same Path of Destruction in which it is said that a better duelist (Maul) can beat a more powerful force user (Starkiller)?

and in terms of physical strength. So, both. smile
As if this would actually matter. Maul's cybernetic legs has allowed him to nullify Opress' strength completely.

Prove that that was actually Maul.
What? I have no reason to believe it was not.

And then, as per canon Vader had diminished by the time that comic is set. The Vader Starkiller fought was superior to that version.
Prove it.

Vensai
Considering that TFU Ti had control over a dark side nexus and has the sarlacc to help, I don't see Maul taking this.

Arab Jedi
Maul always gets underestimated just because of one mistake against obi-wan. he was arrogant but he still essentially defeated obi-wan in dueling and killed Qui-gon who is a very good swordsman. also, later when he realized not to be arrogant, he defeated obi-wan on numerous encoutners in CW. shaak ti does not have many feats except escaping from darth vader in the temple which i suppose is somewhat impressive but not enough of a feat to say that she could beat Maul who held his own against the sith lord and whose fighting skills were renowned. maul wins this one maybe 7/10.

Tzeentch._
No.

Vensai
A lot of discussion has been on the magnaguard fight. Keeping in mind that this is TFU Ti, her powers have grown to the point that Maul would be hard pressed to win. Throw in her pet and she takes it.

WollfMyth
Shaak Ti all three, she might lose sabers without the Sarlaac though. She's just as fast, much more powerful, almost as strong and, while Maul is a better duelist, Shaak is extremely close in this category. I really think people underrate Shaak and overrate Maul.

carthage
Maul wins.

Faster, more skilled, more powerful, and physically stronger.

ILS
Originally posted by WollfMyth
I really think misguided youtubers overrate Shaak and underrate Maul.

AncientPower
Shaak Ti wins each time.

She was completely superior to Galen Marek in every aspect, as confirmed in the novel.

She was so fast he could barely keep track of her, she was on top of him and injuring him with strength stated to be equal to his own and was throwing Kinetite balls 'cuz **** Sith that's why.

The novel, the highest form of canon in regards to TFU states very clearly that Shaak Ti had him undoubtedly beaten, dominating him even, only a last minute innate TK reflex saved his skull from being cut in half, he also just managed to angle his blade through her gut without even realizing it.

This is the same Galen Marek that is earlier in the same novel stated to be blocking direct blows from Darth Vader in a sparring match that would destroy a Jedi Knight, showing that his defensive abilities were excellent. Making Ti's trashing him in a duel all the more impressive.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by AncientPower
Shaak Ti wins each time.

She was completely superior to Galen Marek in every aspect, as confirmed in the novel.

That wasn't confirmed in the novel at all.

She had to try and win in Sabers Via a suicide attack that would have killed them both. But Starkiller stopped her via Tk.

So in Sabers Starkiller >/= Shaak Ti.

In Tk Starkiller > Shaak Ti.

All Out Starkiller > Shaak Ti plus her Sarlaac.

Dionysus
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
That wasn't confirmed in the novel at all.

She had to try and win in Sabers Via a suicide attack that would have killed them both. But Starkiller stopped her via Tk.

So in Sabers Starkiller >/= Shaak Ti.

In Tk Starkiller > Shaak Ti.

All Out Starkiller > Shaak Ti plus her Sarlaac. thumb up

carthage

Marco1907
Originally posted by AncientPower
Shaak Ti wins each time.

She was so fast he could barely keep track of her, she was on top of him and injuring him with strength stated to be equal to his own and was throwing Kinetite balls 'cuz **** Sith that's why.

The novel, the highest form of canon in regards to TFU states very clearly that Shaak Ti had him undoubtedly beaten, dominating him even, only a last minute innate TK reflex saved his skull from being cut in half, he also just managed to angle his blade through her gut without even realizing it.

This is the same Galen Marek that is earlier in the same novel stated to be blocking direct blows from Darth Vader in a sparring match that would destroy a Jedi Knight, showing that his defensive abilities were excellent. Making Ti's trashing him in a duel all the more impressive.

That's because Galen Marek & TFU series are stupid as well as inconsistent.

Do you think Vader can defeat Maul via sabers ? Read the resurrection comic where clone of TPM Maul humiliates ANH Vader.

Even TPM Maul's TK is not inferior to Shaak Ti's, TCW Maul just stomps her hard.

And lastly ;

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/cw641-24_zps311895c0.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.