Justice League or Superman/Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
http://25.media.tumblr.com/1c5ce1bb0f5e28b5ea4c10438bf07d6d/tumblr_mogtt3wDrE1rn2i2io1_250.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/e8cdfb076091f3bd64d7e3501224fb8b/tumblr_mogtt3wDrE1rn2i2io2_250.gif
http://24.media.tumblr.com/7cfaf3d574727aca97cfc01560a3aad8/tumblr_mogtt3wDrE1rn2i2io3_250.gif
http://24.media.tumblr.com/7be8a968a4030c68fae99c2436c6ea86/tumblr_mogtt3wDrE1rn2i2io4_250.gif

Which would you prefer? Which do you think will be better for DC/Warner Bros/Audience?

-Pr-
Superman/Batman first to more strongly establish a shared universe. Then Justice League. Then Superman/Batman 2.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman/Batman first to more strongly establish a shared universe. Then Justice League. Then Superman/Batman 2. That is exactly what I had in mind. I think this is the route DC/Warner should take.

super pr*xy
i think a world's finest movie should be done before the JL movie, too.. this can be the start of a shared universe.. but i think man of steel 2 before world's finest.. that should be a great opportunity to introduce a wayne enterprise/lexcorp collaboration.. the BAM!! world's finest..

jaden101
I'm not a comic expert but from a movie standpoint I think there would need to be another 3 movies before a justice league film. Wonder woman and The Flash then a Superman movie against a different style of bad guy so Brainiac would seem the best choice. They should do what the Avengers did and leave out many lesser known heroes. No Aquaman etc.

Given the massive level of power difference between Superman in Man of Steel and batman in the Nolan trilogy it'd be difficult to see how they could have a single bad guy that both could hold their own against. That being said a justice league movie against doomsday could have batman coming up with gadgets and tactics that the others could use. Maybe have him up against Luthor is a secondary bad guy.

Something along the lines of this

Just before Doomsday attacks earth, Luthor manages to imprison superman in a kryptonite cell and as wonder woman, green lantern and the flash try in vain to take on doomsday, batman has to rescue outwit Luthor and free superman so he can join the fight. Or maybe the superman being imprisoned can happen in his stand alone 2nd movie with a post credits scene of Lois Lane asking Bruce Wayne/Batman. Her story in the 2nd movie can be her finding out Batman's real identity. Can't remember if he was outed in the Nolan trilogy.

Zack Fair
You think? Aquaman is more popular and known than Black Widow and Hawkeye combined.

jaden101
Still shit though.

jaden101
Suppose they could have him in but not have a movie of his own before justice league just like they two in Avengers. Don't know whose movie they'd introduce him in 1st though.

Zack Fair
LoL.

I shall release PR on you.

the ninjak
Nolan Batman wont work in a Justice League Universe.

We need a new Batman.

jaden101
Justice league also has more aspect for a bit of humour. As shit as Green Lantern was can you imagine him taking the piss out of the overly serious batman and dour faced superman. Haha.

the ninjak
Originally posted by jaden101
Justice league also has more aspect for a bit of humour. As shit as Green Lantern was can you imagine him taking the piss out of the overly serious batman and dour faced superman. Haha.

The serious stand that DC is taking now in their film development. I doubt humour is even in question.

Zack Fair
It is very possible. It is a great way to put all of these larger than life characters together. Some of it just begs to be made fun of.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Zack Fair
It is very possible. It is a great way to put all of these larger than life characters together. Some of it just begs to be made fun of.

The "tongue in cheek" style of storytelling has always been a win/win situation.

jaden101
They need to get their act together and start making some characters likeable instead of all a bunch of miserable bastards. Every single person in Man of Steel was a serious and miserable ****. Made me not care if any of them died.

Zack Fair
Ok.

-Pr-
Aquaman's not shit.

the ninjak
They need to get their act together and start making some characters likeable instead of all a bunch of miserable bastards. Every single person in Man of Steel was a serious and miserable ****. Made me not care if any of them died.

thumb up

The Nolan/Batman series died after the Joker hype died out. Nothing else mattered. Yet the public wanked Nolan like he was a new born god.

jaden101
Go back to sleep, Pr.

Ps.

he is.

Zack Fair
They still do even when he doesn't deserve the credit.

the ninjak
They still do even when he doesn't deserve the credit.

It was a good representation of the Joker. Perfect for this generation.

Mindset
They need to copy what Marvel did, but that doesn't seem like a possibility at this point.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by the ninjak
It was a good representation of the Joker. Perfect for this generation. I was talking about MoS. Leath Joker was good, I don't think he was perfect though.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Mindset
They need to copy what Marvel did, but that doesn't seem like a possibility at this point.

They need to put into film what they do in their animations. They need to have heart.

Marvel. Unfortunately. Are losing it.

jaden101
Originally posted by Mindset

They could put Kate Beckinsale as a mega slutty wonder woman. That'd get the punters in. Don't know who'd play The Flash though.

-Pr-
Go back to sleep, Pr.

Ps.

he is.

Ruling 3/4 of the planet, pitching polar bears at people, punching out Superman and fighting Cthulu says he isn't.

==

I want Arterton as WW.

the ninjak
Arterton is not WW.

jaden101
Ruling 3/4 of the planet, pitching polar bears at people, punching out Superman and fighting Cthulu says he isn't.

==

I want Arterton as WW.

Point 1. Yawn. Don't care. No one that doesn't read comic books will care.

Point 2. Yep. That could work. She's pokeable. DC needs someone pokeable.

Emi~Kiro
Don't think they need to reboot batman as it's own movie? I really don't want to sit threw another rendition of Bruce becoming the batman but if a new batman just pops up in a justice league movie and it conflicts with the Nolan films mainstream fans of the movies will still be confused and annoyed even if it's spelled out for them that it's not the same batman. People tend to get annoyed with such things.

A superman/batman movie would be a good bridge between man of steel and JLA movie just to serve as a indication it's a shared universe and to give batman a little backstory and establishment as his own batman to set him apart rather than fighting for screen time with guys like superman, green lantern and wonder woman.

Zack Fair
Whos anterton?

jaden101
Gemma Arterton. Prince of Persia, Clash of the Titans. Pokeable.

the ninjak
All Hollywood needs is "vision"

Perceive your target. Then make it.

With a high enough budget, you can visually accomplish miracles.

THE TIME IS NOW!

A phuckin Guardians of the Galaxy movie is being made!

Can you imagine the bullshit involved in marketing this film?

/a Justice League movie is easy money yet no one can do it. MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It makes me want to vomit on the distributors.

-Pr-
Arterton is not WW.

I don't see why not.

Point 1. Yawn. Don't care. No one that doesn't read comic books will care.

Point 2. Yep. That could work. She's pokeable. DC needs someone pokeable.

They will if he's represented well.

the ninjak
I don't see why not.

Gemma Arterton does not represent the classic look of WW.

I would smash her, but she isn't WW.

Zack Fair
Looked her up. I agree with Ninjak. Wouldn't complain if she gets cast though.

-Pr-
I thought she looked fine in Hansel and Gretel.

though maybe we have different ideas of how Wonder Woman should look. Anyone posting Alex Ross is immediately excluded from the conversation.

the ninjak
A few years back Megan Gale was actually cast as Wonder Woman.

What do you guys think?

Personally she suits the look a lot more.

Personality wise she has a quick wit and down to earth sense of humour as well.

Mindset
They need to put into film what they do in their animations. They need to have heart.

Marvel. Unfortunately. Are losing it. I don't know what you're taking about, you must be gecko.

jaden101
A few years back Megan Gale was actually cast as Wonder Woman.

What do you guys think?

Personally she suits the look a lot more.

Personality wise she has a quick wit and down to earth sense of humour as well.

Grumpy cat will give you my response.

Zack Fair
I thought she looked fine in Hansel and Gretel.

though maybe we have different ideas of how Wonder Woman should look. Anyone posting Alex Ross is immediately excluded from the conversation. My definite look for Wonder Woman is Lynda Carter.

jaden101
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/156/b/1/kate_beckinsale_as_wonder_woman_by_nigelhalsey-d524der.jpg

Discussion over.

Zack Fair
thumb up

Beckingsale was my #1 choice for WW, but she is getting up there in age. The time is now if she is to be our amazonian princess.

jaden101
She still did the job in Total Recall and the last Underworld but yeah a couple of years at most would be ideal.

Ridley_Prime
thumb up

The Nolan/Batman series died after the Joker hype died out. Nothing else mattered. Yet the public wanked Nolan like he was a new born god.
Whoa, speak for yourself. I didn't find Ledger's Joker to be the end-all-be-all like most of the fanboys. Kinda agree with you on the last part though.

Ridley_Prime
More on topic, what if there was both, as in having a Batman/Superman movie as a prelude to a Justice League film? Kinda like how there was a Batman/Superman animated series before the Justice League/Unlimited cartoons.

Screw copying Marvel.

Zack Fair
I agree. I think it would work better for DC and Warner if it went down like that.

I think they should limit the roster to Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman and either Aquaman or Flash.

BruceSkywalker
Man of Steel 2 and have a scene or two involving NuBats, then followed by NuBatman solo film then Justice League

marwash22
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/156/b/1/kate_beckinsale_as_wonder_woman_by_nigelhalsey-d524der.jpg

Discussion over.

discussion restarted.

She's old af and too short. WW shouldn't be played by anyone under 5'10".

jaden101
Originally posted by marwash22
discussion restarted.

She's old af and too short. WW shouldn't be played by anyone under 5'10".

from this I can presume you're one of these people who genuinely thinks that Ian Mckellan genuinely is 3 feet taller than Elijah Wood. Or that Tom Cruise is equally tall as almost everyone he works with. Amazing what they can do nowadays you know.

I always picture WW as being in her 30s. Kate Beckinsale can pull that off easily.

marwash22
from this I can presume you're one of these people who genuinely thinks that Ian Mckellan genuinely is 3 feet taller than Elijah Wood. that doesn't even make sense.

Or that Tom Cruise is equally tall as almost everyone he works with.Tom Cruise isn't playing a Superhero who's supposed to be a certain height. No one liked the idea of his little ass being Jack Reacher.

Making someone look the same height as people taller than them is not the same thing as making them look tall... it just makes the other people also look short. e.g. The Rock looks a lot shorter in the Fast movies 'cause they make Vin Deisel look the same height as him. Vin doesn't look taller, The Rock looks shorter. Camera tricks don't make legs or torsos look longer.

Wonder Woman is a goddamn Amazon. deal with it.

NotAllThatEvil
Weren't amazons suppose to be between 6 and 7?

Zack Fair
I just hope Diana doesn't look older than Kal.

marwash22
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Weren't amazons suppose to be between 6 and 7? I think 6 feet was average, but it's extremely unlikely that the studio will be able to find a woman that height who can act, handle the physical part of the role, and also has Diana's beauty. I just think 5'7" is way too short, and 5'10" is the minimum for a believable Amazon.

jaden101
Wow. Are you a moron? Making actors look taller than they are has been done for decades. It's not difficult. The best example being Michael Clarke Duncan in The Green Mile. In real life David Morse is 1 inch shorter than Michael Clarke Duncan was. They didn't make him look shorter. They made Michael Clarke Duncan look close on 8ft tall.

marwash22
cool story. Didn't read the rest of your post after "moron"...

Kate Beckinsale isn't gonna be Wonder Woman. ever.

jaden101
That'll be cos it makes you look like a moron.

marwash22
http://gifs.gifbin.com/052011/1305865316_cute_girls_reaction.gif

marwash22
The best example being Michael Clarke Duncan in The Green Mile. In real life David Morse is 1 inch shorter than Michael Clarke Duncan was. They didn't make him look shorter. They made Michael Clarke Duncan look close on 8ft tall. ahahahahaha. That doesn't make sense.

they took 2 tall people and made one look even taller. That's not an example of taking a short person and making him look the same height as a taller person.

take a seat.

jaden101
Yes, really. Probably best if you stop drawing attention to how much of a *** you just made yourself look with that silly argument though.

marwash22
what does it say about your argument if my silly argument just butt phucked yours with no lube?

stay mad, kid. Go watch Underworld.

Zack Fair
http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/7/6454/joker_eatin_popcorn_by_capnectoplasm-d39sa07_1.gif

marwash22
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1081189/george-jefferson-gance-o.gif

jaden101
ahahahahaha. That doesn't make sense.

they took 2 tall people and made one look even taller. That's not an example of taking a short person and making him look the same height as a taller person.

take a seat.

So they took someone and made them look taller? A full foot and a half taller at that. Yet a minute ago you were arguing they don't do that. They just make people look shorter. Make up your mind eh. Or is your argument that they can't make someone shorter look taller than someone who is taller than them in reality?

In which case I go back to LotR/The Hobbit and show how they made Cate Blanchett look taller than Ian McKellan despite her being 3 inches shorter

Amazes me you're actually trying to keep this argument up though. Almost Quan like in its level of stupidity and stubbornness in a vain attempt to save face.

marwash22
So they took someone and made them look taller? A full foot and a half taller at that. Yet a minute ago you were arguing they don't do that. They just make people look shorter. Make up your mind eh. Or is your argument that they can't make someone shorter look taller than someone who is taller than them in reality?

In which case I go back to LotR/The Hobbit and show how they made Cate Blanchett look taller than Ian McKellan despite her being 3 inches shorter

Amazes me you're actually trying to keep this argument up though. Almost Quan like in its level of stupidity and stubbornness in a vain attempt to save face. lol.

Camera tricks (making the Rock and Vin look the same height) and completely digitizing someone (Chris Evans in Captain America before the SSS, or the Hobbits from LotR) are not the same thing.

take the L.

Zack Fair
Rock always looked like a fkn tank next to Vin. *Shrug*

marwash22
Rock always looked like a fkn tank next to Vin. *Shrug* multiple times in the movie, they were made to look nearly the same height. Can't do anything about The Rock being 50lbs heavier.

jaden101
I agree the thing with the rock and vin diesel looked stupid and unconvincing. But the fact is you can make someone look taller than they are, Much taller in the case of Michael Clarke Duncan and still look convincing. Trying to argue that they couldn't make a 5ft 7 Kate beckinsale look 6' to 6'2 or there about is just silly and you know it. They did it with Cate Blanchett easily enough. And your final point just solidifies my argument.

Supra
I like it but I think bale is done as batman, we need a new actor now.

Zack Fair
Bale Batman is done, yeah.

I don't want another Batman origin. I want a stand alone Batman film. I am not sure if I want it before Superman/Batman.

jaden101
But who would you cast?

I think Guy Pearce could make a decent batman. Some are arguing Bradley Cooper, Michael Fassbender and even Ryan Gosling but I don't think any of them are right for it.

Supra
I more saw Michael Fassbender as a possible superman cast type. I dunno about batman. At one point John Hamn was rumored to be casted for superman.

I cant think of anyone who could be a good batman other then bale right now...ryan gosslin isnt serious enough IMO, the guy from the notebook to me could never play a emotionless charachter like the bat.

Who else!? Im racking my brain thinking now.

Supra
But who would you cast?

I think Guy Pearce could make a decent batman. Some are arguing Bradley Cooper, Michael Fassbender and even Ryan Gosling but I don't think any of them are right for it.

Cooper and Gosling to my fall in similar type casts, have simmilar looks and such, Bale was so perfect because of his past movies, built a perfect batman...American Pyscho, Equilibrium, The Machiniest and a few others, to me thats why he was the best because he was literally in the training of it before he even was cast to be Bruce Wayne.

jaden101
I take it you've never seen any of Gosling's other movies such as Drive or The Place beyond the Pines or Only God Forgives. Emotionless and serious are all he seems to do nowadays. I haven't seen Only God Forgives yet but it looks ace.

my problem isn't with his inability to play serious and emotionless but just that he doesn't look right. Same with Fassbender and Cooper. Pearce has the right stare and gritty grim look of Batman. Night be a bit old though. That's the only problem.

jaden101
Originally posted by Supra
Cooper and Gosling to my fall in similar type casts, have simmilar looks and such, Bale was so perfect because of his past movies, built a perfect batman...American Pyscho, Equilibrium, The Machiniest and a few others, to me thats why he was the best because he was literally in the training of it before he even was cast to be Bruce Wayne.

Can probably leave The machinist off that list. At least from a physical standpoint. Haha. It was an amazing transformation between the machinist and batman begins same with between the fighter and TDKR

Supra
Can probably leave The machinist off that list. At least from a physical standpoint. Haha. It was an amazing transformation between the machinist and batman begins same with between the fighter and TDKR

I mentioned machinest because it showed his dedication to such a low budget and unknown film, I think it shows great character of what he can and is willing to do to play a part.

Supra
I take it you've never seen any of Gosling's other movies such as Drive or The Place beyond the Pines or Only God Forgives. Emotionless and serious are all he seems to do nowadays. I haven't seen Only God Forgives yet but it looks ace.

my problem isn't with his inability to play serious and emotionless but just that he doesn't look right. Same with Fassbender and Cooper. Pearce has the right stare and gritty grim look of Batman. Night be a bit old though. That's the only problem.

Yes I forgot about those, he did play a pretty good part in them. He is a well versed actor, but im with you he just dose not look the part to me.

Darth Martin
A Batman vs Superman movie would be dope. Would have to be different from the Nolan version though.

marwash22
Everytime i watch White Collar i see Matt Bomer as Bruce Wayne.

the ninjak
But who would you cast?

None of them fit Bruce Wayne or Batman.

Bale worked due to his role in American Psycho.

-Pr-
My definite look for Wonder Woman is Lynda Carter.

Then we disagree.

I'm not really that bothered about the height thing though, tbh. If the actress is hot, can act, and looks convincing in a fight, and they use their normal camera wizardry to make her look a little tall, then that's fine with me.

====

Everytime i watch White Collar i see Matt Bomer as Bruce Wayne.

thumb up

====

Also, Aquaman needs to be in a JL movie, at the very least to add some variety.

jinXed by JaNx
I don't think there is anyway that a Superman/Batman movie could work. Unless it featured them as allies and even then it would just be pointless to me.

I could see there being a pre justice league movie that features Superman and Batman as the main characters but there would definitely have to be other founding members involved. It would make no sense to me to have just Superman and Batman teaming up to stop some worldly threat without having other Justice League members making appearance. Having these two facing off against each other in a movie seems even more ridiculous to me considering the Superman character that was established in, Man of Steel. In order for a movie like that to work, one or the other would have to be portrayed as the protagonist, at least until the climax.

Zack Fair
I don't think anyone with rational thought wants to see them fight.

Its just silly. Like Superman vs Batman always is.

-Pr-
I think they could easily adapt one of the comic stories, have it be the first meeting between Bruce and Clark, with them teaming up to stop a team up between say, Luthor and Joker, or two other villains.

Make them friends going in to a JLA movie and you're sorted, imo.

jaden101
I'd say have Lois Lane investigate reports of other superheroes and have her uncover batman's identity. I liked the way Smallville introduced The Flash so something similar can be done with him. Superman can be introduced to Green Lantern by his new military friends. Should be easy enough to connect the dots.

drkwrld
superman/batman I used to like the justice league cartoons when i was a kid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.