The Weird vs Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

cdtm
Might be closer then you'd think.

In Starlin's original 4 issue mini, The Weird was actually pretty overpowered.. He was able to tank both GL energy, and Dr. Fate's magic. If it's energy, he had almost complete control over it, if it was in contact with his body. Because of this, he took out Fate and GL with relative ease..

He could phase shift, passing through walls, the ground, and even durable beings like Martian Manhunter or Superman.

He was also pretty strong and durable. Powerful enough to catch Martian Manhunter off guard with a shove that sent him flying, and he was trading punches with Superman.

I can't see Weird having a chance against Sentry in a slugfest, but he may have a shot of manipulating the energies that empower Sentry..

Especially considering Weird absorbed and manipulated the energies of Synarr, a cosmic level being.

Digi
The Weird has an odd history. I think Sentry stomps him though. Though the power sets aren't identical, I could see something happening like what happened to Absorbing Man v. Sentry.

I also think you're interpreting some of that stuff somewhat incorrectly. My memory is fuzzy, but I don't think he absorbed Synarr...I think it was more that he became possessed by Synarr.

Golgo13
Weird.

Digi
As an addendum to my earlier post, I'd be happy to be proven wrong. The "Sentry stomps" was just a gut reaction. Weird was hardly written as a world beater after his first tussle with the JLA. But he's undoubtedly a cool character with an ample power set.

cdtm
Originally posted by Digi
The Weird has an odd history. I think Sentry stomps him though. Though the power sets aren't identical, I could see something happening like what happened to Absorbing Man v. Sentry.

I also think you're interpreting some of that stuff somewhat incorrectly. My memory is fuzzy, but I don't think he absorbed Synarr...I think it was more that he became possessed by Synarr.

Synnar was stuck in Weirds physical body, but Weird is actually a pure energy being. He had all of Synnar's power, sure enough, although it came about via some convoluted plot of Synnar's, designed to increase his personal power further. Still, it was made possible due to Weird's energy being nature allowing him to handle all that power (As it drove him insane).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.