Thor or MOS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Which movie did you like better?

Zack Fair
Man of Steel. Hands down.

Thor has its merits though, and I really liked it.

Supra
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Man of Steel. Hands down.

Thor has its merits though, and I really liked it.

I liked them both as well. I am a huge fan of both franchises. Thor gave me that mystical element which no movie has done for me in a long time. Just the scnences of Asgaurd were simply amazing to me, the awesome build of it, the shot of the planet going from one pole to the other through the core and up throug the ocean.

MOS gave me that long yearning to see what modern day writers and CG could do and it didnt dissapoint. Somepoints were a little dry just like there were a few parts of thor that were dry as well and I thought they could have left out and put into deleted scnenes on DVD release.

Overall they both did different things for me. If was great to see the MOS on the big screen again and really see new takes to all the charachters especially Jor-El, Faora, Laura and all of Krypton.

I am blessed I live in a time when I have both at my disposal, we are all blessed!

Zack Fair
I think I liked Thor so much because he and Superman are similar in a lot of aspects. I remember looking forward to what Marvel could with Thor as a sort of appetizer/an idea of what could be done with Superman

This is the era of the nerds.

Supra
I think I liked Thor so much because he and Superman are similar in a lot of aspects. I remember looking forward to what Marvel could with Thor as a sort of appetizer/an idea of what could be done with Superman

This is the era of the nerds.

They are simmilar but pride and vanity is what seperates them, Kal will always be humble and Thor will always be pridefull. Just who they are, you have to take it or leave it. I love Thor for certain things, and Kal for many others.

But Goku is Supreme in charactersmile

Newjak
I liked them both. If I had to pick a favorite movie I would probably go with MOS.

But there a catch 22 on it. I loved Thor a lot but it was a flawed movie especially when they took him away from Asgard and stuck him in Nowhere USA.

Some of that had to do with the budget which wasn't huge, I'm more interested in seeing what they do with Thor 2 which looks promising.

quanchi112
Thor is better. Not to say either were great but Thors movie made you actually believe the relationships between the characters unlike MoS. MoS was a film with no substance at all.

juggerman
MOS was better. Thor was ok and i'm hoping the next one is better

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggerman
MOS was better. Thor was ok and i'm hoping the next one is better How was MoS better ?

juggerman
Originally posted by quanchi112
How was MoS better ?

Better action. Better story. Better climax. The world seemed to be in real danger unlike Thor when the threat seemed far off and unimportant. Thor as a god didn't get enough screen time and his enemies seemed far too weak to pose a real threat. Loki, Frost Giants and the destroyer were all easily dispatched.

quanchi112
Better action. Better story. Better climax. The world seemed to be in real danger unlike Thor when the threat seemed far off and unimportant. Thor as a god didn't get enough screen time and his enemies seemed far too weak to pose a real threat. Loki, Frost Giants and the destroyer were all easily dispatched. I disagree on all fronts. Supermans action was hard to follow and repetitive. The danger in Thir seemed far better mainly due to the shrewdness of Loki and his overall competence when compared to failure Zod.

Thor is a beast and even despite his powers is a listed unlike Superman. Characters were better portrayed in Thor than in Superman.

juggerman
I disagree on all fronts. Supermans action was hard to follow and repetitive. The danger in Thir seemed far better mainly due to the shrewdness of Loki and his overall competence when compared to failure Zod.

Thor is a beast and even despite his powers is a listed unlike Superman. Characters were better portrayed in Thor than in Superman.

Agree to disagree i suppose

Zack Fair
Thor spent too much time hanging with Natalie Portman's gang.

Darth Martin
MOS.

Thor was pretty good though.

Mindship
I liked MOS much better. The big thing that always bothered me about the Thor movie was that it seemed like the bigger, badder fight happened at the beginning of the flick, not at the end.

This is the era of the nerds. No. This is the era for people who have always found joy in realms of imagination, in exploring the human condition through metaphor, for people who ventured outside the box of "conventional adult interests," always knowing there was more to life than Kimye, the Dow Jones and baseball.

COG Veteran
I thought Thor was good when everything took place in Asgard, on Earth the movie slowed to a crawl and I forced myself to finish the film. Keneth Branaugh toned thor down WAY too much. MOS was superior on all fronts, IMO.

marwash22
Originally posted by COG Veteran
I thought Thor was good when everything took place in Asgard, on Earth the movie slowed to a crawl and I forced myself to finish the film. thumb up

i didn't have to force myself to continue watching, i just didn't enjoy the three Earth characters.

Arachnid1
Better action. Better story. Better climax. The world seemed to be in real danger unlike Thor when the threat seemed far off and unimportant. Thor as a god didn't get enough screen time and his enemies seemed far too weak to pose a real threat. Loki, Frost Giants and the destroyer were all easily dispatched. I loved Thor. It was my favorite of the Marvel movies except for Avengers. Unfortunately, I agree with the majority of this.

Man of Steel had better action, and definitely a better climax. I actually liked both their stories the same, but Man of Steel escalated and wrapped up better than Thor. Zod seemed like much more of a thread and felt like he had more impact than Loki did.

As for characters and their interactions, I'd give that to Thor. The only characters I liked on MoS were Superman,Zor-el, Zod, Faora, and Lois. Luckily, the entire movie revolved around them, so thats not too much of a problem. Thor on the other hand, had a much more well rounded cast that had better interactions.

I liked both, but I think MoS was better.

-Pr-
I felt Superman was the better movie, and that I liked it more, but Thor was still a pretty good film, all things considered.

SpaceMonkey
Thor was a better all around movie. Better acting and story. The fact that it was the first real incarnation of a Thor movie gives it an advantage because even though MoS was a very good movie, we've seen it before.

Dolos
How was MoS better ?

Because he has a better fanbase, and your fanbase loses.

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by Dolos
Because he has a better fanbase, and your fanbase loses. thumb down What the f**k?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Mindship
I liked MOS much better. The big thing that always bothered me about the Thor movie was that it seemed like the bigger, badder fight happened at the beginning of the flick, not at the end.

Agreed. It is similar to what happened in Returns. The Plane sequence >>>> island lifting.
Originally posted by Mindship

No. This is the era for people who have always found joy in realms of imagination, in exploring the human condition through metaphor, for people who ventured outside the box of "conventional adult interests," always knowing there was more to life than Kimye, the Dow Jones and baseball. *Sniff* Such a great way of putting it. *Sniff*

Kazenji
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
thumb down What the f**k?

Agreed

what a stupid reason.

Zack Fair
I think he was kidding.

I mean...er...you can't take that seriously...I hope

Kazenji
Hope he was.

CPT Space Bomb
I felt both movies had their strengths and weaknesses. For Thor, the time spent in Asgard, and the conversations with Odin and Loki in particular, were just amazing to watch.

Also, seeing Thor in action for the first time blew me away. Not because the action was over the top or anything, but just seeing him on the big screen for the first time was definitely great.

I like Thor better as a character so I must say I enjoyed Thor more. However, from start to finish Superman might be the better movie.

Mindset
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Thor was a better all around movie. Better acting and story. The fact that it was the first real incarnation of a Thor movie gives it an advantage because even though MoS was a very good movie, we've seen it before. thumb up

Although, I wouldn't say MoS was very good.

Zack Fair
No one cares.

-Pr-
lol.

Mindset
No one cares. You do, you've been crying in every thread about it since last friday. thumb up

Golgo13
MOS. Better cinematography, better acting, better action. Thor flowed better, though, but I wasn't impressed overall.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Golgo13
better acting

laughing out loud

You can't be serious.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Mindset
You do, you've been crying in every thread about it since last friday. thumb up Nigga plz.

Mindset
Zack mad.

-Pr-
The acting was at least as good, imo.

Mindset
No one cares.

Dolos
I think he was kidding.

I mean...er...you can't take that seriously...I hope

There's a war on.

laughing out loud

Zack Fair
You have to decide which side you want to be on...

Dolos
MoS was more visually appealing, better cinematography, better action, more high-octane impacts.

I think it lies in the star himself, Cavil looks like a young Arnold, after graduating with Football scholarship. A fantastic and non-existent but awesome American ideal of an all-American hick family, this farmboy, boyscout, whatever.

Not an emo, not a wannabe hardass, a true working man who is respectful and outgoing and accepting of his place, and selfless. But a total badass, regardless.

Newjak
Originally posted by Golgo13
MOS. Better cinematography, better acting, better action. Thor flowed better, though, but I wasn't impressed overall. For every Jor-El there was a Jonathon Kent in MOS. stick out tongue

I honestly think overall Thor had the better acting.

And the first action scenes were pretty amazing given the budget and getting to see Thor do his thing.

The problem with Thor, like a lot of Marvel Origin Movies, is it hits a really hit point sometime through the film and than at some point it hits really low. Perhaps some of that has to do with budget so we will see what happens with Thor 2 having a bigger budget.

I am stoked for Thor 2 though. I already like the villain and the person they got to play him.

-Pr-
I thought Costner was solid, personally. I honestly felt like he really brought across the conflict and somewhat cluelessness that comes with the realisation that you're basically the parent of a god.

juggerman
@Newjak- At first glace i thought your sig said "I'm beyond PR" laughing out loud

Newjak
Originally posted by -Pr-
I thought Costner was solid, personally. I honestly felt like he really brought across the conflict and somewhat cluelessness that comes with the realisation that you're basically the parent of a god. He had some solid moments but I also thought he had some bad moments. Same goes for Zod.

The best acting in the whole movie imo came from Jor-El followed by Superman and Lois Lane.

@Newjak- At first glace i thought your sig said "I'm beyond PR" laughing out loud Well that is just implied stick out tongue

-Pr-
Get. Out.

Newjak
Get. Out. Make me Tunaman Lover uhuh

stick out tongue

-Pr-
laughing out loud

It's SEA-MAN.

Newjak
Either way he is Fishy stick out tongue

tkitna
Thor by miles

Zack Fair
Shut up.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Newjak
Either way he is Fishy stick out tongue

peaches

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Supra
Which movie did you like better?

No question..,MOH. thor wasn't too bad of a movie and had it's charm but to me, it felt incredibly underdeveloped poorly paced and for the most part, irrelevant.

Zack Fair
I agree.

I think I liked it a lot simply because i really like Thor and I felt Chris did a good job.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Supra

But Goku is Supreme in charactersmile

Superman would destroy, Goku stick out tongue

h1a8
The relationship and connection of the characters were better in Thor. The action was better in MOS.
The story was better in MOS (deeper and more of a consequence to overcome). The acting was better in Thor (not by much as they both were good).
Both were good though.

I wished MOS would have been longer to develop the characters more and their relationships with each other.

tkitna
Originally posted by h1a8

I wished MOS would have been longer to develop the characters more and their relationships with each other.

My God. Thats like saying you wish you could spend an extra week in a turkish prison camp. A snail with a groin pull moved quicker then that movie.

Golgo13
I thought Costner was solid, personally. I honestly felt like he really brought across the conflict and somewhat cluelessness that comes with the realisation that you're basically the parent of a god.

Agreed. Costner at his best is usually good, though.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by tkitna
My God. Thats like saying you wish you could spend an extra week in a turkish prison camp. A snail with a groin pull moved quicker then that movie. http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo40/jlotz123/christian-bale--american-psycho-patrick-bateman-axe-10989289.jpg

tkitna
I'm sorry Zack. I know your a Supes fan and your in love with MOS, but I just could not stand it and i'm actually pissed about it. I really wanted to like this movie and thought they had a sure thing before going in. When the three people I went with said 'Thank God' when the credits started rolling (one of them being a Superman fanatic) my opinion of it was pretty much assured. It just did not hold my interest at all. The worst part about it is that I have to go see it again with my son when he gets back from Paris in a week. I'm trying to think of ways to get out of it.

As it is though, i'll quit harping on it, but its hard because i'm trying to understand what people actually liked about it. Peace

BruceSkywalker

i would agree.. i was pleasantly surprised at how well he did .. same with Crowe

DARTH POWER
Thor had the better dialogue and acting Imo. And much better humor added in.

But MOS had far far better action sequences and special effects and was overall the more entertaining movie.

roughrider
MOS may grow on me with repeated showings. But right now, Thor is the clear favourite for me.

And could we keep Goku out of these debates? Absurd anime characters are a genre unto themselves, with weirdo logic.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by h1a8
overcome). The acting was better in Thor

you're nuts

Don't think the acting was bad in, Thor, but The dude who played Zod gave a surprisingly convincing performance for a comic movie

Nephthys
^ Truth.

I literally don't understand the stuff people say about MoS. Its like they watched a completely different movie. >:?

WhiteWitchKing
Thor was far better. Superman was rushed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.