Tyrant vs. the JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
JLA team

Superman
MM
WW
Green Lanterns Hal & Guy
Orion
Firestorm
Marvel
Power girl
and Cyborg SUperman

Who wins?

zopzop
Tyrant kills them 10/10.

leonidas
i for one would love to see hank on tyrant's ship.....

KuRuPT Thanosi
Do you think his tecnopath is stronger than hank's leo?

leonidas
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Do you think his tecnopath is stronger than hank's leo?

well, he's in galactus's level, apparently, power-wise--at least he is when he's at full power. but his technopathy has really never been tested or seen beyond a couple instances. given his overall level though, i'd say yeah, tyrant's technopathy>hank's. that said, it really does depend on what you think of tyrant--especially in his depowered form. hank has over-ridden and flat out taken control of and recreated tech from both the guardians and apokalips. not too shabby. there is also the source wall thing, but i usually leave that out as it took a long time iirc. anyway, factor in the notion that hank can appear to be damn near unkillable in some showings, his ability to drain energy (i'd like to see what tyrant would do if hank got a hold of some of those spheres....) and his ability to simply shift his consciousness into whatever tech is available to recreate new bodies and weapons....

at his best feats, hank is an absolute monster where tech is concerned and his feats more recently against doomsday show just how powerful he can be physically as well. this team would def do FAR better imo than the group that attacked tyrant in the cosmic powers series. if we look at hank's high feats, he could potentially be a real pain in the a$$ in this fight.....

also be interesting to see if firestorm would be able to do anything to tyrant....

team would do better than thanos did imo. how much better. not sure but i wouldn't say it was impossible for this group to take out or seriously hurt the tyrant that thanos fought.

JBL
Tyrant would stomp that team.

leonidas
because?

Sundipped
Originally posted by leonidas
i for one would love to see hank on tyrant's ship.....

Ain't nuthin happenin. cool
You seen what Tyrant did through Taa II?

leonidas
Originally posted by Sundipped
Ain't nuthin happenin. cool
You seen what Tyrant did through Taa II?

yeah, but i also saw korvac take control of some of galactus's tech. on op of that, where did you see galactus trying to actually fight tyrant for control of his tech? you don't see it because g's not a technopath and so can't actively fight tyrant in that arena. he has great tech, but he builds it, he isnt' one with it. henshaw could battle tyrant in a way g could not--or at least in a way he has never been shown to be able to.

Sundipped
^
Well we'll just have to take Tyrants word that he is "the undisputed master and there is no construct which I cannot bend to my will".

Even though G didn't battle through the tech, what stood out was the fact that a weakened Tyrant reversed ALL the energy flow involved from G to him in the span of one panel which was a massive amount considering G had just consumed a world.

Yeah Hank can battle him but if we're talking energy redirection/absorption through said tech as a means to win, I think Hank's out of his league.

zopzop
yeah, but i also saw korvac take control of some of galactus's tech.
I could have sworn all he did was interface with his machines and download knowledge that allowed him to ascend to Godhood. He never took over anything, unless there's been a retcon :
http://s24.postimg.org/rlwh69jq9/av175_10.jpg
Confirmed in a retelling years later :
http://s14.postimg.org/4c2rf0byl/Fantastic_Four_Annual24_04.jpg

Also, I think Galactus does have a degree of control over his tech. If I find the scans I'll post them.

leonidas
^i already agreed that tyrant is likely the stronger technopath, but that's based only on tyrant's overall level as opposed to any real proof. on panel, hank>tyrant, but i'm willing to say tyrant would overcome his control of tech. however, i def think hank could put up a hell of a fight, could def do some draining and add an edge to this battle that the cosmic team, thanos or even galactus never had. with the additional power of hank + the other powerhouses, they would certainly make tyrant work really hard for this. if we allow for firestorm's powers to affect tyrant's inorganic form, it's not hard to see why people would think this team could beat him.

leonidas
Originally posted by zopzop
I could have sworn all he did was interface with his machines and download knowledge that allowed him to ascend to Godhood. He never took over anything, unless there's been a retcon :
http://s24.postimg.org/rlwh69jq9/av175_10.jpg
Confirmed in a retelling years later :
http://s14.postimg.org/4c2rf0byl/Fantastic_Four_Annual24_04.jpg

Also, I think Galactus does have a degree of control over his tech. If I find the scans I'll post them.

thumb up

that's pretty much what i was thinking of. but you're right, korvac didn't actually take control, but he was able to easily interface with g's tech and take what he wanted. as he is a cyborg, i always considered that to be a form of technopathy. anyway, getting into g's systems is something i have no doubt hank could do as well (like korvac did), and once inside there is no reason to think he couldn't come close to replicating what tyrant did imo. at the very least he could do a helluvalot of damage from the inside....

DTM
Id say Tyrant would soundly destroy this team.

Stoic
yeah, but i also saw korvac take control of some of galactus's tech. on op of that, where did you see galactus trying to actually fight tyrant for control of his tech? you don't see it because g's not a technopath and so can't actively fight tyrant in that arena. he has great tech, but he builds it, he isnt' one with it. henshaw could battle tyrant in a way g could not--or at least in a way he has never been shown to be able to.

Hey do you recall what Galactus did to Khoon? I would call that Technopathy, but not sure what level of Technopathy it was on.

Nibedicus
Yeah, Tyrant wins 10/10.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Yeah, Tyrant wins 10/10. thumb up

Glorificus
Tyrant.

leonidas
Originally posted by Stoic
Hey do you recall what Galactus did to Khoon? I would call that Technopathy, but not sure what level of Technopathy it was on.

i do recall the khoon, but not the feat you're talking about. i also find it somewhat surprising that everyone seems to think so highly of tyrant in this fight. i don't think this is to an auto win for him, and if he does win it, i think it'd be a very good battle. seriously, hank alone has some uberetarded feats. there's also the question of tyrant's tp vs jonn to go with the technopathy of hank and firestorm's powers. forgetting the others completely. meh, people do seem to think an awful lot of tyrant round these parts.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by zopzop
Tyrant kills them 10/10.

yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.